Safe and sound

Hold you close

Baekhyun woke up around 10;30 AM. Rubbing the sleep from his eyes as he accepted Breakfast from Kyungsoo, the rest of them already eating at the small kitchen table. Everyone was going about their business, Joonmyeon telling Sehun something, the youngest completely ignoring him as he kept talking to Yixing. Kyungsoo was browsing the daily updates on his Ipad while balancing a piece of pancake on his fork. “Thanks  for breakfast.”Baekhyun yawned as he stood up and made his way to get dressed. He pulled his black skinny jeans from the bottom shelf of his closet, dusting it off slightly since he never wore it ever since party night was canceled.

 

Party night was a weekly night for the guys in the apartment to get out and hook up, Baekhyun always tried to look his best with the same jeans every week, It made him confident and, if he must say himself, it made him look ravishing. He rummaged through his closet a little, pulling out various t-shirts and jackets yelling a loud ‘AHA!’ When he found the desired item, a light blue jacket which he had bought for his graduation party and eventually never wore, because he didn’t attend to it. He took a quick shower, dressed himself, styled his hair a little messy but still presentable and brushed his teeth. When he came out, Kyungsoo gave him a raised eyebrow. “Where are you going, princess?” He asked, smirk tugging at the corners of his lips. “Out with Chanyeol.” “Ah, president dickwad is in town?” “Kyungsoo…” “Sorry…. No not really.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes and noticed that it was almost time, when there was a knock on the door.

 

Kyungsoo beat him to it, expecting Jongin to be at his front door with a movie and some snacks, he was there, but so was Chanyeol. “Hey babe.” Jongin said, pecking Kyungsoo on the lips. “Hey..” Kyungsoo paused for a painful moment. “Chanyeol.” He said, gaze stern and dangerous. “Hey, Kyungsoo.” “Okay! Let’s go, bye soo, please remember: not on the couch, kitchen table or any other surface than your bed, okay?” Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol out of the door and shut it behind him, blocking Kyungsoo out in the middle of his sentence. “Hey.” Chanyeol whispered, leaning in to kiss Baekhyun on his lips. “Hi.” The elder mumbled back before engaging into the kiss, which grew a little to passionate for a ‘hello’ kiss. Right when Chanyeol pushed Baekhyun against a wall to fire the kiss up a little more, the door swung open and showed a disgusted Kyungsoo. “I told you it was okay to date him, not to each other in front of our door.” “Why did you open it in the first place?” Baekhyun’s brows furrowed at Kyungsoo’s rude remark. “You forgot your phone on the couch.” Kyungsoo handed it to him and he mumbled a small thanks before he and Chanyeol took off. “Brunch?” Chanyeol asked, breaking the painful silence. “Sounds great.”

 

Chanyeol led him to a mat grey Audi A6, holding the passanger door open to let Baekhyun take place. “How many cars do you have?” Baekhyun asked after Chanyeol fired the engine. “This one’s actually mine, If you see me in another car, it’s either my dad’s or Jongin’s.” Chanyeol answered, placing a hand onto Baekhyun’s thigh as he drove out of town. “Where are we going.” “I know a nice place.”  They drove for a small hour, listening to each other’s stories about what happened before they had met each other, all the good things of course, until they arrived at a small town with a few traditional houses and a small restaurant. They got out of the car and Chanyeol led the way. “Good afternoon, Mr. Park, Please, this way.” One of the waiters said. “Thank you.” Baekhyun just followed Chanyeol until they walked into a small garden, taking place at their assigned table.

 

They spent most of the afternoon talking and laughing while playing footsy underneath the table. “My mom wants to invite you to our annual family get together.” Chanyeol suddenly says after a comfortable silence. “I’d like that.”  Baekhyun said, bright smile on his face. “And my dad wants to invite you over to dinner, something about wanting to meet the miracle of his best friend.” Chanyeol said. “Really?” “Not exactly like that, but yeah. Baekhyun smiled and after a while he started laughing. “What?” Chanyeol said. “Nothing, I will come, When will it all be?” “My mom’s get together is in two weeks, my dad is still debating on wanting to invite you to his house or to meet up at a restaurant.” Baekhyun just nodded and they continued eating in a comfortable and warm silence.

 

They got some coffee on the way back into town, stopping every once in a while to stretch time and catch a glimpse of the sunset as it disappeared, leaving the sky on fire, coloring it orange, red and slightly pink here and there. “You should show me your apartment when it’s done.” Baekhyun said as he sat on top of the hood of the Audi. “I was planning on it, I was also hoping that you’d move in.” Chanyeol mumbled the last part but Baekhyun caught it. “I’d like that, but I promised Kyungsoo-“ “You can always sleep over and stuff. Free visiting pass.” Chanyeol winked and squeezed Baekhyun’s hip.

 

The couple stared off into the distance, Baekhyun on the hood of the car as Chanyeol stood beside it, arm circled around Baekhyun’s hips. “We should head back.” Chanyeol eventually said as the beautiful colors began fading away from the sky.

 

They got back around 8 PM and Baekhyun invited Chanyeol in, even though the younger had resisted at first, using the excuse of Kyungsoo not wanting to be in the same breathing space as him, but Baekhyun dragged his sorry up and Chanyeol got a warm welcome from everyone except for Kyungsoo. “Is there some dinner left?” Baekhyun dug around in the fridge, coming to the hopeless conclusion that there was nothing. “Take out, check your room.” Kyungsoo said. Baekhyun eventually came back with two boxes of take-out food, enough from Chanyeol and him. “Thank you, soo!” He says before disappearing into his room, Chanyeol in tow.

 

“Are you ready for college?” Chanyeol asks later that night, when they are cuddled up in Baekhyun’s bed after a few messy pillow fights and hot make-out sessions. “I don’t know, It helps that I have people there who I know and trust.” Baekhyun answered, drawing mindless circles on Chanyeol’s chest. “What about you?” Baekhyun whispered. “I am, It was about time, really.” Was the younger’s answer, it made Baekhyun smile.

 

He learned that Chanyeol still lived with his mom, which was obvious since Baekhyun’s situation was quit special. After his father committed suicide, his friends arranged that they could all live together to prevent Baekhyun to get into a foster home, away from them. He understood that Chanyeol wanted the freedom of his own place, but Baekhyun would do anything to live with his parents again. “Will you stay over?” Baekhyun whispered against Chanyeol’s shirt, the younger boy smiles against the elder’s hair. “You sure?” He said. “Positive.” “Then I’ll stay the night, I hope Kyungsoo doesn’t kill me in my sleep though.” He said, a small laugh escaping him. “Better sleep with one eye open then.”

 

They eventually fell asleep without changing their clothes and brushing their teeth, wrapped in each other’s arms underneath Baekhyun’s blanket, soft music coming from Baekhyun’s phone, which was plugged into the small stereo.

~

Hello again!

Another update for my precious readers!

I love you guys so much!! Like; over 10.000 views????? I never expected this to happen when I first started writing this! And I'm still surprised by all the love this gets every update again!

Thank you all so much for your nice commets, for subscribing and reading every update!

Thank you for your patience and support!

I love you guys!

(Expect the next update to be kaisoo.)

-xoxo-