Chanyeol

Hold you close

Chanyeol arrived in Korea on a Monday, when he arrived at the airport he placed his designer glasses on the bridge of his nose and smiled at his dad who came to pick him up that day. The drive home was long and since he just had a pretty ty flight home, he fell asleep on the passenger seat, dreaming of soft brown locks, even softer skin and sweet lips. When he woke, a hand on his shoulder shaking him lightly, he was home. Not home as in his house, but home where he grew up until his parents divorced. “They’re still renovating your apartment Chanyeol, You can crash here for a few more days.” His dad said before he walked inside of the house. Chanyeol glanced around the front yard, noting that it hadn’t changed much over the years and he was kind of grateful for that.

 

Curiosity got the better of him and he decided to drop by his old room to change into more comfortable clothes and walk around the house for a while, seeing if anything had changed at all. His room was still the same as he left it the day that his mom took him with her, after that day he never visited his dad’s house up until now. He glanced at the pictures of him and some old friends of whom he’d forgotten the name. The posters of rock stars and other idols still stuck to the wall, colors faded here and there but they were still pretty decent for 10 year old posters. He went to the book case and moved it to the side, much easier than it used to be. He started laughing when he noticed that no one had ever discovered his secret hide-out.

 

When Chanyeol was younger and his parents were still together, he wanted to be alone every once in a while, a hyper kid like him needed his moments of peace every once in a while to re appear as the same happy and hyper kid. When he got the room, the book case was already there and everyone figured that, because it looked  like it, the bookcase was build into the wall. But Chanyeol, being the adventures kid that he was and still is, went to inspect the bookcase further, discovering that it could be pulled away from the wall and to the side. Behind the bookcase was a small and steep flight of stairs leading up to the attic. His dad once complained that it looked bigger from the outside and Chanyeol found out why, because the attic was divided into separate rooms. The house was already old and no one had found this room when it was renovated to make it more livable.  

 

Chanyeol squeezed himself trough the tiny entrance and tugged the bookcase back into place, leaving to trail of himself behind. He climbed up stairs, careful not to hit his head against anything since he had grown quit a lot in the past couple of years. He opened the hatch on top the stairs and climbed into the spacious room. There was an old couch and a couple lamps in the room, it had an ancient glow, and there were a few paintings which, after Chanyeol did a little research on the World Wide Web, were pretty damn expensive. But the most important and beautiful feature of the room was the stained glass window that was spread across the full length and width of the back of the house. Chanyeol sat down and stared out of it, watching as the sun set behind the big trees in his garden. The light falling into the room in different colors, it was still as breathtaking as the male remembered.

 

After it had gotten dark, Chanyeol climbed down and made sure that there was no one in his room before he emerged from his special sanctuary, he dashed out of the room and roamed around a little more, the mansion still in the same state as it used to be. When he came into the living room, his Father was talking to a lady who, He assumed she was the same lady as he saw the day on which he caught his father with someone other than his mom, was probably his girlfriend. “Chanyeol, I’d like you to meet Lee Jin, She’s-“ “Your old secretary, I know. Nice to meet you Ms. Lee.” Chanyeol bowed into her direction and flashed her a kind smile. “Please, just call me Jin.” She said. “She has been my girlfriend for a couple of years now.” “Ten to be exact.” Chanyeol said with a faint smirk. His dad just laughed at him, surprised that his son took the news so well. “Yes, Exactly.”

 

He sat down with them and they had a nice conversation about everything and anything, varying from Chanyeol’s holiday to his social life and school, to his father’s business and Jin her personal life. “I-“Chanyeol’s father was interrupted by the sound of a ringtone blaring into the room. “Excuse me.” Chanyeol said, fishing his phone from his pocket to see that it was Baekhyun who was calling him. “I have to take this.” He pressed the ‘accept call’ Button and placed it against his ear while walking out of the room. “Hey babe.” He purred into the phone. “Hey yourself. When did you arrive back home? Why didn’t you text me, you promised to come by first thing.” He could hear the elder’s pout. “I had a pretty rough flight including a few hours of delay, but eventually all went well and I was planning on stopping by tomorrow at, let’s say, 12 pm, to grab some coffee and maybe a late breakfast slash early lunch?” Chanyeol stared into a mirror in the hall and fixed his hair, realizing that Baekhyun couldn’t see him, he left it for the mess that it was. “Sure, sounds like a plan, where are you staying? Jongin told me that they are renovating your apartment.” Jongin and his big mouth. “Yeah, well, It has to be ready before school starts and a-“ “You’re not going to rent a dorm room?” “No, I was planning on living close by the school but not on the terrain, I need to have my private life and school separated.” He explained. “Hm, Well I will be going to rent a dorm room with Kyungsoo, but will I have a free visiting pass?” “Of course you do, how have you been for the past few weeks?” “Good, nothing much happened actually, I really missed you.” “I missed you to. I’m staying at my dad’s by the way.” He explained, finishing his original sentence. “Your dad’s? I thought that-“ “Yeah, First time I’ve been here since my parents divorced.” He interrupted. “I’ll tell you about it tomorrow okay? I think dinner’s ready.” “Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow, I’ll text you the address. Love you.” “Love you more.” And they hung up.

 

Dinner with his father and Jin went smoothly until Jin asked him about his phone call. “Do you have a girlfriend, Chanyeol?” “No.” He answered casually. “Boyfriend?” She asked again and he stared at her. When the silence was long enough to be a yes, His father placed his spoon onto the table and folded his hands, resting his chin on them. “Is there something to tell me, Chanyeol?” He said. “I am a healthy bi-ual young man.” Chanyeol said, tone casual but eyes nervous. “I see.” He said and left it at that. “What’s his name?” Jin asked, seeming genially interested. “Byun Baekhyun.” At that, his father choked. “You’re dating my former best friend’s son?” He asked. “Your ‘former best friend, died three years ago.” Chanyeol death panned and his father seemed shocked. “I see.” “And so did the woman that you were supposed to marry, more than ten years ago, car accident.” “How did Byun die?” His father asked. “Suicide.” “The boy?” “Only child.” “Jesus.” His father stayed silent for a few moments. “You should invite him over to dinner some time.” He eventually said, it brought a smirk to the youngest his face. “Sorry, mom called dibs, got to bring him over to her first.” “Your mom? She knew already?” “Baekhyun and I started dating a few weeks back, I had met him when I took on that part time job in Australia, and we went our separate ways after that. But we met each other at the same bar as we had met each other 3 years ago.” Chanyeol said, smiling at the memory as he picked at his salad. “I see, Well be sure to bring him over soon, I want to see what my goofy best friend and his beautiful wife contributed to the world.” That went better than expected.

 

Chanyeol’s mom called later that evening, telling him that she was planning a small get together for her side of the family, asking if he wanted to bring Baekhyun along that day. He told her that he would think about it. “Thank you honey, I’ll see you soon, right?” “Yes mom.” “Love you.” “Love you to.” Click click. Beeeeep.

 

Chanyeol fell onto his old bed, figuring that he never really had the chance to grow up in this house and that he should do something to not make his childhood bed feel left out, besides, any hormonal teenager would eventually dirty their room with heated breaths and deep moans. That’s how he finds himself, hand underneath the waistband of his sweats and Baekhyun’s name falling from his lips. He eventually drifts off to sleep after he cleans himself and after sending Baekhyun a goodnight message. 

 

~

HellO! New Chapter! 

It's written from chanyeol's perspective just to make his life a little clearer. 

I hope that you guys like it!

I feel so thankful for all the views, subscriptions and upvotes! 

It motivates me to keep writing and improving myself! 

Thank you all so much!!!

Love you all!

-xoxo-

If you'd like, Please check out my new fic: Notebook (A kaisoo Highschool!AU)