1 year, 11 months and 13 days

Hold you close

Chanyeol sat himself down onto a barstool, heaving a sigh as he does so.

1 year, 11 months and 13 days have passed since he last saw Byun Baekhyun.

1 year, 11 months and 13 days have passed since the most stupid mistake of his life.

1 yeah, 11 months and 13 days have passed since he was told to ‘ off’.

Chanyeol knows that the elder didn’t mean it back then, he tried to call him countless times until Jongin put a stop to it.

The first night when the elder left, was the worst one. He didn’t sleep in his bed, not even in his own house. He went to jongin’s place and just let himself pour his feelings to the younger male.

 

Days passed and Chanyeol got better, but the empty feeling inside his chest never left. He tried to forget him, but he couldn’t. There was something that kept reminding him of the sweet eye-smile the elder had, or the way he laughed at his lame- jokes.

 

Now, almost 2 years later, he finds himself at the same bar which he used to work at, now owning the place with various other popular bars across the beaches and around the world.

He worked hard, finished his economic studies in record time and re-joined with his father for advice to start his own company.

 

“Good afternoon sir, the usual?” the girl behind the bar said, he merely gave her a nod and she took off with a slight bow of her head. He reached into his pocket to take out some bills that he had taken with him on his way here, when he pulled out one of the bills, a picture fell onto the floor.

He expected himself to be sad, but he smiled as he picked it up.

 

~

 

Guys, let’s take a group picture!” Jongdae yelled as he held up his photo-camera. “Aish, how are we supposed to do that?” “We could ask someone!” As Jongdae got up and walked over to an old lady to ask her to take the picture, Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun out of his seat and went to stand with the other guys.

 

“What’s happeni-“ He was cut off with a kiss which was stopped as soon as it started, a simple peck on the lips. Baekhyun stared up at Chanyeol, the taller’s arms wrapped securely around his waist and a smile-like smirk on his lips. Baekhyun clutched the other’s shirt in his hands and smiled back. “3, 2, 1!” Baekhyun still didn’t recall what was happening, Chanyeol noticed, but the elder kept staring at him, so after he saw the flash of the camera, he dove in for another kiss.

 

It was soft and sweet, when they broke apart, he noticed Baekhyun’s eyes still closed and a content smile on his lips. So he pulled him in close and hugged him tightly. They were happy in that moment and Chanyeol wished that they would be happy together

 

~

 

He didn’t know how he ended up at the airport.

1 year, 11 months and 13 days since he last saw park Chanyeol.

1 year, 11 months and 13 days since his heart was shred into tiny little pieces.

1 year, 11 months and 13 days since he told him to ‘ off’ even if he wanted to say; I love you to.

Baekhyun didn’t know what he was doing when he walked outside with his luggage in his hands.

He didn’t know what his plan was.

 

As he takes his cab to the hotel, he recognizes all the buildings and signs next to the high-way, For some reason it felt like coming home from a long trip.

 

After he left his bag inside his hotel room, the same hotel from 2 years ago, he makes his way over to the beach, memories floating back into his mind with every step he takes. When he turns the corner and walks across the wooden boards placed onto the beach before he takes of his shoes and hops into the warm, golden sand.

 

Glancing around, he spots the bar where he met Chanyeol for the first time, he walks towards the small bar in slow strides. He’s not here, he’s not here, please be here. His thoughts are racing and his heart misses a few beats when he sits down on one of the bar stools, smiling at the girl behind the counter as she walks over to him to take his order.

 

He glances around the beach and sighs in disappointment when he doesn’t see the familiar giant, he lowers his head in disappointment.

 

~

 

“Kristal, Aren’t you guys one employee short?” Chanyeol asks when the girl comes back. “Ah, yeah, Amber was supposed to work today, but due to some family issues, she wasn’t able to be here.” Kristal tells her boss with a polite smile. “And there was no one to replace her?” Chanyeol mumbles. She shakes her head.

 

 “Well, it’s almost 1 PM, Business will be booming around 1;30 so I’ll replace her for the day.” He tells her. “Ah! You really don’t have to! We can manage just fi-“ “I want to.” He tells her as he hops over the counter and makes his way over to the other side of the bar, leaving the dumb-struck girl behind.

 

The bar wasn’t that big, but it always got busy during standard periods of time.

The bar was divided into 2 sides, on the inside there was a restaurant with a small bar, Which Kristal worked at, and there was an outside, for the beach guests and where he met Byun Baekhyun 1 year, 11 months and 13 days ago.

 

~

 

Baekhyun sighs and orders another can of soda as he glances around the beach one more time, eyes stuck when they meet the ocean. Minutes pass by and he doesn’t notice it when a pair of big eyes stare at him from across the bar.

 

~

 

Chanyeol panics.

Yeah, he panics when he is greeted with the sight of Byun Baekhyun sitting at the bar. The exact same chair as the one when they first met. However, the older boy doesn’t seem to notice him practically eye-balling him. Chanyeol chuckles, he didn’t notice it the first time either.

 

Baekhyun had matured in the younger’s eyes, he lost some weight, his hair was dyed into a lighter colour, but his eyes had something sad in them. Exactly the same sadness as when he had last seen him.

He watches as the elder waves someone over to pay for his drinks, and that’s when Chanyeol makes his way over, the 10 seconds of courage kicking into his system.

 

~

 

“That will be 4 dollars then, sir.” The girl tells him, he’s about to reach into his pocket when a familiar deep voice suddenly speaks up. “It’s on the house, since he told me his name once.”

It can’t be- No ing way-

Baekhyun looks up, eyes wide and mouth agape. He’s taken by surprise at the sight he sees in front of him. Chanyeol is still just as tall as he’s always been, but the younger’s body is more toned and his face structure has become sharper in the last 2 years.

“Hello, Baekhyun.” Is what Chanyeol manages to say after 1 year, 11 months and 13 days.

“Hello, Chanyeol.” Is what Baekhyun answers after 1 year, 11 months and 13 days.

 

~

It's kind of short! I'm sorry!!

I promise to make the Nextone a bit longer!

I'm sorry for the grammatical errors and spelling mistakes!

I figured u guys deserved an update since i left you hanging for so long!

3000+ VIEWS AND 100+ SUBSCRIBERS!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH<3

Please leave a comment so i can improve my writing skills to make this story more enjoyable for you!

LOVE!