Chapter 06

A Midsummer Dream...

Henry wasn’t sure if he was looking at the same person he was looking at 5 minutes ago. At that moment, he was staring at a girl dressed in a strapless red floral dress. Her hair looked neat with a flower tucked behind one ear. Amber couldn’t stop pulling on her dress like she was uncomfortable but Henry couldn’t help but smile. Amber turned and saw Henry leaning next to the door.

“Do I look weird?” Amber asked still tugging on her dress.

“Let’s go.” Henry didn’t answer her question but grabbed her arm and started walking towards the bar.

Henry finds two empty seats and sits down. He then gestured Amber to the seat next to his. “Sit.”

Amber reluctantly sits down facing the crowd but her eyes weren’t on them. Her hands were still busy fussing around with the dress she wore. Henry turned to the bartender and ordered himself a glass but couldn’t help notice Amber tugging and adjusting her dress.

“Stop fussing with it.” Henry’s hand reached for Amber’s trying to stop her.

Amber sighs and pulls her hand free as she turned her body to face Henry but her face was looking at the bartender behind her who was busily cleaning glasses. Right then, a bartender places a glass in front of Henry before turning to face Amber.

“What shall I get for you miss?” The bartender asks.

Amber blushes upon hearing him call her miss. She had to be honest, it was her first time being called a miss after she landed in Hawaii and the bartender himself was a very good looking man even though he probably looked like he was in his late 20’s. Amber was about to speak when Henry managed to beat her at that.

“Just a coke will be fine.” Henry said as the bartender nodded his head.

Amber stared at Henry bewildered.”Do you have to order my drinks too now?”

“It’s just a precaution.” Henry said as he took a sip out of his glass.

“Precaution? What do you mean by that?” Amber frowned.

“Last…” Henry’s words drifted as he smirked before letting out a silent chuckle.

“What’s so funny?” Amber eyed Henry who’s laughter had already died down and was now taking another sip of his drink.

“Ah… nothing. You just might not want to be drunk that’s all.” Henry said plainly before he turned to face the crowd.

The last performance had just finished and the crowd was giving applauses before the MC appeared at the center of the stage with a microphone in his hand.

“Okay people! Calm down! I know you guys were excited watching all those performances but something hotter is up next!” The MC’s voice boomed through the entire area.

“Here’s a drink for the lady.” The bartender appears in front of Amber and places a glass of coke in front of her.

Amber said a soft thank you as she exchanged smiles with the young bartender. Amber played with the bendy straw as if she was disinterested by whatever that was going on with the crowd and the MC. She wasn’t in the mood anymore. Her clothes were ruined and she had to end up in something she wouldn’t imagine herself wearing.

“We will now start with our couple game! Now, shall we start picking our couples?!” The MC spoke as the crowd went wild with cheers and claps.

A few couple some voluntarily and some involuntarily stepped up to the stage. Some looked close and intimate while some looked slightly awkward.

“Okay, we need another couple here!” The MC spoke over the microphone as a single spotlight went around the entire room.

Henry wasn’t paying much attention to what was going on and continued to sip on his drink while Amber still played with the bendy straw in her glass. As the spotlight continued to roam around the room finding for one last couple, a young brunette appears next to Henry.

“Hi there handsome.” The girl said as she leaned against the bar.

Henry looked up from his drink and looked at the girl. Amber who couldn’t help herself and too looked up at the girl. She had a short tube dress on. She was tall probably about model height and her long straight brunette hair fell over her shoulder. Amber couldn’t deny the fact that she looked like a model that had walked out of some fashion magazine. Her curves were all at the right proportions.

“Hi.” Henry responded with a flirty grin.

“This might sound pretty stupid but, wanna be my partner for the game?” The girl batted her eyelashes with a smile on her face.

Henry traced his fingers over her shoulder before he softly pushed the lock of hair behind her ear. Amber could see that look in his eyes and it made her scoff. Henry probably hadn’t heard her and continued to flirt.

“Why should we?” Henry asked.

“I dunno. Maybe I’ll get to know you better?” The girl asked acting shy.

“We don’t need some silly game to know each other do we?” Henry asked a question but he didn’t really need an answer to it.

The girl bit on her lip embarrassedly not knowing what to say next. Henry’s finger continued to trace down her shoulder blade and soon rested on her slender waist before pulling her close to him. The girl looked startled but seemed to like Henry’s touch against her skin.

“Why don’t I buy you a drink instead?” He whispered in her ear which made the girl smile as she nodded her head.

Henry turned towards the bartender and said, “Give her want she wants.”

Amber heard him said so and felt her blood boiling. Feeling annoyed by him, Amber kicked his stool and acted like nothing had happened. Henry stopped talking to the girl and glared at Amber. Amber shrugged her shoulders and sipped her drink. When Henry wasn’t looking again, Amber kicked his stool again. Henry tried to ignore Amber and continued to flirt with the girl in front of him.

Amber had been dissatisfied with Henry and decided that she was going to annoy him the entire night if she had to or at least ruin his so called ‘date’ with that model-like girl. Amber continued to sip on her drink as she kicked Henry’s stool at a minute intervals. She knew it was childish but who cares what he’ll think. She just needed a tiny revenge on him for making her have a terrible day yesterday.

After five minutes, Henry had probably lost his patience and finally turned towards Amber with a glare. Amber saw his furious face and shrugged as she finished up her drink.

“A martini would you?” Amber told the bartender.

“No drinks.” Henry said right after she did.

“Ignore him. Martini.” Amber said and glared at Henry.

“I said, no drinks.” Henry said gritting his teeth.

“Stop it would you?!” Amber screamed.

“No, you stop it!” Henry yelled back as his hand released the girl’s waist.

 The girl in Henry’s arm was startled and stared at Amber with her big eyes. Amber saw this but ignored the fact that the girl was ever there.

“I can drink if I want to. It’s not like I’m a minor alright. Martini!” Amber yelled staring at Henry’s face.

The bartender looked confused as if he wasn’t sure who he was supposed to listen to. The bartender hesitated behind the bar as Henry and Amber continued to glare at each other.

“I’m not letting you drink! It doesn’t even matter if you’re not a minor!” Henry yelled over the music.

“Excuse me…” The model like girl squeaked trying to get Henry’s attention but the music was too loud and Henry was too busy arguing with Amber.

“Who are you to tell me what I can and cannot do?! It’s MY vacation!” Amber yelled angrily feeling the hot tears forming.

Henry was baffled and wasn’t sure what to answer her but his ego and pride was at stake and he didn’t want to back down. Amber angrily got off her seat and kicked the stool away.

“Fine! Forget that freaking martini!” Amber stomped out of the party. She wasn’t in the mood anymore.

Henry stared as he watched Amber walk away.

“Hey… What about that drink now?” The girl tried again as she softly grabbed Henry’s hand.

“Later. I need to go.” Henry barely looked at the girl.

“Charge me to my room.” Henry quickly informed the bartender and hurried off out of the party.

The girl looked annoyed seeing Henry bail on her. She felt irritated and ran her hand through her hair as she turned towards the bartender. “Just give me the strongest you have.” 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!! Here's a new chapter after a long time.... I'm so sorry for the late update... I've just been really busy the past few months... Hope you guys enjoy this new chapter!! ^_^

Lots of love, Lyana_Yoo