Chapter 10

A Midsummer Dream...

Amber was deep in her slumber on her bed when she heard the sound of a knock on her door. She twisted and turned in her bed trying to dismiss the sound but the knock continued. Amber finally got up from her bed and drowsily went for the door. She opened the door slightly just enough for her head and looked out. A waiter stood in front of her door with a tray in his hand.

“Good morning. Your breakfast is ready?” He said.

“What? I didn’t order breakfast.” Amber said as she rubbed her eyes, opening the door slightly bigger.

“It’s already paid for. Enjoy your breakfast.” The waiter said as he handed Amber the tray before he left.

Amber was still confused but nevertheless brought the tray into her room. Amber noticed a card lying on the tray. She picked it up and read the contents.

“Let’s have breakfast on the verandah.”

For not absolute reason, the first thought that came to Amber’s mind was Henry.

“Urgh, why him?” Amber muttered but came to realize that she was heading for the mirror.

She lightly combed her wild bed head and went over to her verandah. The verandah was obviously empty but Amber looked around expectantly to see someone to be standing in her verandah waiting for her. When she saw no one but the lonely set of table and chair, she laid down her tray on the table and went over to the railing of her verandah and leaned against it.

She was slightly taken aback when she noticed Henry whose room was right opposite hers was leaning against his verandah railing looking back at her with a glass of juice in her hand.

“Morning.” He mouthed the words as he smiled at her.

“Morning.” Amber mouthed in reply.

Henry then walked over to his seat and sat down as he took a sip of his juice. Amber still stood at her verandah staring back at Henry. Henry pointed towards Amber’s breakfast motioning for her to eat up at the same time. Amber felt her face burning up. It was embarrassing to be caught staring at him. Amber sat down and finally opened the lid to reveal a typical American breakfast spread on the plate with a glass of juice.

That morning they had breakfast that way. Neither said a word but enjoyed the “company” they had for breakfast. After they were done with breakfast, as Amber cleaned her table, she noticed Henry scribbling something on a piece of napkin.

After he was done, he raised the napkin in the air for Amber to see. Amber squinted her eyes trying to make out the thin words on the napkin and managed to make out the words, “BEACH 12 PM.” Amber unconsciously found herself nodding to the idea which made Henry smile.

After breakfast, Amber went into the showers and took a long nice bath. She thought she’s prep herself a little longer today. After her shower, Amber slipped a t-shirt on top of her towel and started pulling out her array of different designed t-shirts she had brought with her. The colours of the t-shirts varied from pinks to even the darkest shades. Amber went for the red t-shirt her sister brought her for her birthday and paired it with a pair of male dark cut off jeans.

Amber plopped down on her bed as she imagined the beach. Somehow she was excited to be at the beach. She glanced down at her watch and noticed that she had about an hour till 12. She got off the bed, grabbed her guitar, camcorder and a towel. She took one last look of herself into the mirror before she put on her shoes and left her cabin.

It was a nice sunny morning and it brightened her mood. Amber opened up her camcorder and recorded herself.

“So, it’s the fourth day in Hawaii and I’m leaving for the beach again. I think I should start getting out of this resort and go somewhere fun tomorrow.” Amber said into the camcorder before she chuckled.

It was only then that she had remembered about the things she had planned to visit around Hawaii earlier on.

“Let’s go!” She yelled into the camcorder and made a superman pose as she ran for the beach.

Henry was locking the door to his cabin when he heard Amber’s voice yelling, “Let’s go.” Henry managed to watch her make the superman pose and run towards the beach. Henry chuckled watching the way Amber was acting. She was really childish but it was cute. Henry followed after her but tried to remain invisible. Amber sang a happy tune as she’d walk and made a tiny skip at intervals.

Henry held his laugh and smiled seeing how happy she seemed. He hadn’t seen her in such a good mood ever since he’d been here and ever since they’ve met. Amber laid out her towel and settled down right under a large coconut tree.  She was early and he knew but he decided to just stay where he was and watch her humming a tune as she tunes her guitar.

Amber hummed her favourite song as she waited for Henry to turn up. By the time it was already 12 P.M., he was still nowhere in sight. Just when she thought he was playing with her with the idea of meeting up at the beach, Henry came and plopped down next to her after laying out a towel for himself. He had his usual sunglasses over his eyes. He wore a sleeveless shirt with a pair of Hawaiian shorts.

“You’re late.” Amber said as she eyed him.

“Well, you’re early…” He said.

“And eager too it seems. Did you miss me?” Henry continued as he turned to look at her.

“Yeah right.” Amber said as her face turned bright red.

“Are you blushing?” Henry asked as he chuckled.

“No I’m not! It’s a hot day!” Amber argued as she fanned herself.

“Should we go for a swim then if it’s too hot?” He asked.

Amber didn’t have a chance to answer him when Henry was already standing up as he took off his shirt to reveal his bare body. Amber found herself tongue tied when she noticed his super toned body. Amber felt her face burning up in embarrassment as she looked away from him.

“C’mon.” Henry said grabbing her wrist.

“Nah it’s okay. I’ll just stay here.” Amber said as she pulled her arm free.

“Stop being a party pooper and let’s swim.” Henry said as he grabbed her arm again.

“I’m not even in a swimsuit!” Amber tried to convince him but Henry didn’t seem to buy it.

“Who cares about swimsuits? Come on.” Henry said as he tugged onto Amber’s arm.

“No.” Amber protested as she grabbed the arm chair.

“It’s just a little dip kitty cat.” He said.

“I’m not ruining my shoes.” Amber said.

Henry grabbed her shoes and pulled it off her feet.

“Hey!” Amber yelled but Henry ignored her.

“Now let’s go.” Henry said as he quickly scooped her into his arms.

“Wait. No!” Amber shrieked as her legs flailed about.

“Put me down!” Amber yelled as he tried to push herself out of Henry’s grip.

“Okay, you asked for it.” Henry said after a while and dropped her into the shallower part of the water.

Amber screamed when she fell into the water. By now she was completely drenched except for her hair. Henry couldn’t help himself but stood there as he laughed. It was honestly amusing to hear Amber’s girlish cry.

“You almost killed me!” Amber cried feeling pissed as she glared at him.

“But you didn’t did you?” Henry continued to laugh.

Amber got so annoyed by Henry’s laugh that she decided to charge him, grabbed him by the neck and wrestled him into the water.

“Let go!” Henry tried to release his neck but Amber wouldn’t give up.

“Say you’re sorry!” Amber said as she continually dipped his head into the water and pulled it out again.

Henry too wasn’t giving up. He knew he was stronger than her no matter how hard she was trying to headlock him. With his two free hands, Henry grabbed Amber by the waist and hung her over his shoulder. Amber was taken aback and released Henry’s neck.

“You lose.” He said and dropped her into the water again.

For the next few hours, Amber and Henry wrestled each other in the water. They shrieked and laughed till they were out of breath. Henry finally raced after Amber who was heading towards her laid out towel. Amber laughed as Henry too dropped next to her as they lay down on their towels.

Henry turned to face Amber who was lying right next to him. She had her eyes closed, her hair wet as she tried to catch her breath. Henry found his body slowly turning to face her. Her wet hair fell into her face limply. Henry propped his head with his right hand as his left hand slowly reached Amber’s face.

Henry gently pushed out the wet strands of hair that covered her eyes. His touch made Amber startled as she stared at Henry wide eyed. Henry noticed Amber’s reaction and smirked.

“When was the last time you did something to your hair?” Henry asked as he clipped a few strands of her hair between two fingers.

Amber pushed his hand away and sat up straight.

“I like it the way it is alright.” Amber said as she ran her fingers through her hair.

Henry honestly found her attractive doing it and it made him smile.

“I didn’t say I didn’t like it did I?” Henry said as he sat up straight next to Amber.

Amber had her face turned away from him.

“Amber.” Henry called.

“Hm?” Amber slowly turned to face him without realizing how close it was the distance between them.

The sun was just about to set and the setting sun radiated a glow beneath her head. Henry reached for her face and tucked her blonde hair behind her ear. She looked different but a good different. Prettier. Henry smiled as he lightly touched the side of her cheek. Amber wasn’t used to the touch and felt awkward. Her face turning redder by the second as Henry inched closer to her face. The thought of pushing him or running away didn’t seem to occur in her mind. Instead she nervously waited as he closed in the gap between them.

Amber shut her eyes and slowly felt his lips against her. She never kissed a guy before and didn’t know what to do and how it was suppose to feel like. Henry didn’t went that far for the kiss but it was just a light kiss on the lips.

Amber finally opened her eyes when she no longer felt his lips. Henry was smiling as he caressed Amber’s cheek. Amber could feel the pit of her stomach doing flip flops all over as she stared at Henry’s smiling face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry it took so long for me to finally update a new chapter. I just started my holidays and didn't had the chance to write before this since I was so busy with college. Hopefully you guys will enjoy this chapter. Took me awhile to put myself back into writer's mode. Anyways, enjoy! ♥