Chapter 11

A Midsummer Dream...

After a quiet lunch together, Henry walked Amber back to her room. It was a quiet walk. Amber still felt like she had just fallen into a dream and didn’t know how to wake herself up. Amber stopped in her tracks as the thought of Henry kissing her went through her mind. Henry noticed Amber had stopped walking and turned to face her.

Amber stood there staring into the sand as she touched her lips. Henry chuckled as he walked closer to her.

“It wasn’t a dream Amber.” He said as if reading her mind.

“What?” Amber said shocked to suddenly hear his voice.

Henry smiled as he took her hands into his. Henry stared into her eyes for a little while longer before her pulled her into his arms.

“I wish I could tell you not to doubt your feelings but somehow you’ve shaken my heart and I can’t stop thinking about you.” Henry said right beneath her head just loud enough for her to hear.

Amber could feel her heart beat against her chest real fast. Her hands hung limply at her sides.

“Okay.” Was the only thing she could say.

“We should get inside. The night wind isn’t a joke. It’s pretty cold here at night.” Henry said letting go of Amber.

“Uhuh.” Amber nodded like she went completely dumb within seconds.

When Amber still hadn’t moved, Henry grabbed her hand and led her towards her room. It was a weird feeling all over. Did he just confessed to her? Amber was confused and again felt like she’s falling into a deeper dream and she doesn’t want to wake up from it. It was too surreal to begin with.

“We’re here.” Henry said knocking Amber out from her trance of thoughts.

“Urm, okay. Thanks.” Amber said as Henry let go of her hand.

Amber stared at her hand. She wanted it to last longer.

“Go on in first.” He said.

Amber finally walked towards her room contemplating with herself whether to ask him out for dinner. When she finally reached her door, she turned around and faced him.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

“Would you urm… like to have dinner with me tonight?” Amber finally said.

“I wish I could but I have got some business matters to take care off tonight.”He said with a smile.

“Owh… okay then.” Amber answered pretty disappointed.

“But I really wished I could. Have a warm dinner and goodnight.” Henry said.

“Thanks.” Amber said as she turned back to her door to unlock it.

When she was finally in her room, she went for the sliding door and peeped through the curtains as she watched Henry walk back to his room. Amber sighed as she dropped on her bed when Henry was no more in sight. She couldn’t help herself but think about the kiss again and how they even hugged and held hands all in one afternoon.

“I might just turn crazy like this.” Amber muttered as she grabbed her pillow and buried her face in it.

“But he’s a playboy! You know it Amber!” She screamed.

Her brain was starting to rage at her. Her memories suddenly reminded her of the how Henry was with all the other girls she saw him with.

“But…Ugh!” Amber screamed again as she buried her face into the pillow trying to muffle the sound.

Suddenly her brain was as if telling her ‘You should’ve listened to your brain not your heart’. Amber sighed as she pulled the pillow away. Thinking made her tired. As if water wrestling hadn't pretty much drained half of her energy. Amber pushed away the clothes she pulled out this morning of her bed and crawled under the sheets. She didn’t felt like dwelling herself in her thoughts any longer. She was tired and needed a quick recharge.

Henry was in his room just after a quick shower. He walked over to his closet and pulled out a suit Victoria, his personal assistant had picked out for him earlier before he came to Hawaii. As he zipped down the bag enclosing his suit, his cellphone started ringing. Henry clicked the green button and placed it on loudspeaker.

“Mr. Lau?” The voice called him

“Yeah?” Henry answered before he cringed as he pulled out his suit.

It was a smoky grey suit with a dark pink shirt tucked beneath the blazer. Was she mad when she picked that out?

“So, the car will be picking you up at 7.30.” Victoria spoke before he heard a sipping sound.

“Hold on. You picked pink?! Tell me this is a joke Vic.” Henry said trying not to scream when the colour of the shirt itself was like screaming in his face.

“What? Pink is pretty. And you’ll match my cute pink dress I picked out for tonight.” Victoria said as she tried to stifle a laugh.

“Not funny Vic and I don’t need a chauffeur.” Henry finally said answering to what she had previously told him.

“No use saying no junior. Orders from senior not me.” Victoria said matter-a-factly.

Henry sighed. She was right. What his dad says always goes.

“Fine. And just so you know, I’m not wearing pink.” Henry said.

“Alright, alright. See you later.” Victoria said quickly before she burst out laughing over the line.

Henry clicked the end button so that he no longer had to hear her laughing at him. Henry pulled out the pink shirt and shove them back into the closet before he pulled out a different shirt he packed with him in case something like this might actually happen.

Victoria was a few years older than him and was practically like an older sister who finds fun in pulling of pranks and making fun of her younger brother. Henry quickly dried of his hair and make sure he took time to style them before he got dressed in his suit minus the ugly pink shirt.

By the time it was 5 minutes before 7.30, Henry received a call regarding the car that was waiting for him at the front. Henry grabbed for his wallet and cellphone before walking out of his cabin in his shiny pair of shined leather shoes.

As Henry closed the door behind him, he looked over towards Amber’s room. Her room looked poorly dark and he couldn’t see into her room because of the heavy curtains draping the sliding door. Henry smiled thinking that she had probably fallen asleep after the whole water wrestling thing.

Upon arrival to a luxurious hotel in Honolulu. Henry looked out of the car window and the hotel building came into view. A young woman in a Hawaiian dancer costume came up to his car and greeted him as a concierge opened the door for him. Henry nodded at the girl and concierge as a sign of acknowledgement. He straightened his blazer and headed into the lobby where he could see Victoria walking towards him.

She wasn’t lying when she said she was wearing pink. Her cocktail dress was a blush pink colour that hugged her figure nicely and the front came down to right above her knees and the back had soft train trailing behind her as he crystal encrusted heels tapped against the tiled floor as she made her way towards him.

“You’re all dressed up tonight.” Henry said as Victoria hooked arms with him.

“I’m always dressed up and you can just use the word beautiful the next time you see me.” Victoria said as she stopped him to take a good look at him right before they entered the ballroom.

“I preferred if you didn’t wear heels though.” Henry said.

Victoria was good few inches taller than him and her in heels never helped to make him look any taller or any better.

“Don’t worry. That handsome face of yours wouldn’t stop a girl from falling head over heels on you.” Victoria answered with a slight annoyance in her voice that she tried her best to not make it obvious.

Victoria adjusted his tie and collar before she moved on to his hair.

“Not the hair.” Henry said as he avoided her hand.

“Fine.” Victoria scrunched her nose before she smoothed down her skirt and looked for any flaws to it before they hooked arms again and headed into the ballroom.

“By the way, the pink shirt was not funny.” Henry said as they headed towards his father who was talking to another man about the same age.

“But you did a good job finding a replacement for it.” Victoria without looking at him.

He could see that she was putting on her best grin as they approached his father.

“Good evening Mr. Lau.” Victoria said as he bowed lightly at him as a sign of respect.

“You look beautiful Victoria.” Mr. Lau said as he smiled at her.

“Thank you sir.” Victoria said and her smile never faded.

Mr. Lau diverted his attention back to Henry who finally greeted his father. Mr. Lau cleared his throat and his expression turned serious.

“It’s good to see you, son.” Mr. Lau said.

“How’s the Hawaii resort plan going? I expect a very impressive planning by the time we return to Canada.” Mr. Lau said as he sipped his glass.

“Of course. I’ve been surveying at the resort.” Henry said which was pretty much a lie but his dad wouldn’t know would he?

Mr. Lau cocked and eyebrow, observing Henry before he took another sip.

“Victoria, you may go about your business I’ll need Henry the entire night.” Mr. Lau finally said.

“Alright sir.” Victoria unhooked her arm from Henry and bowed at Mr. Lau.

“I’ll see you at the table later.” Victoria whispered into his ear before she retreated for the bar they prepared at the back of the ballroom.

“You’ll have to know everyone in this room by the end of tonight if you want your Hawaii plan to actually work.” Mr. Lau said.

Lau and Son was a development company and Henry was about to be in charge of their first venture in the United States, specifically Hawaii. The entire night felt like a blur to Henry but he tried his best to keep himself alert. He was honestly only half-hearted regarding all this business surrounding him. If he had the choice he wouldn’t take this path but it wasn’t a choice he didn't really had in his hands.

It was man by man that all pretty much looked the same. Old, grey haired and rich. They all had money that could possible fund their development and Henry had to convince them on this project of his. By the time the night had come to an end, Henry could feel the fatigue down to his bones. He was ready to head back to his room for some rest.

“That was fun wasn’t it?” Victoria chirped as she appeared next to him.

“Yeah right.” Henry muttered.

“All those young man in suits were so yummy looking.” Victoria giggled.

“Good for you. All I’ve seen tonight are balding old men.” Henry grunted as they both left the ballroom.

“Stop whining. Shall we go visit where you’re staying?” Victoria said as she pushed a loose bang behind her ear.

“Alright fine. To the resort we go.” Henry smiled as he escorted her to the car.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really hoping that my story is going the right way. I've been on hold for so long because I got hooked on my drama crazy again... >_<

So sorry you guys but I hope you guys will enjoy this chapter. Thank you for reading!