Chapter 03

A Midsummer Dream...

 

Henry walked away with the blonde girl in his hand as he left the boy alone at the bar. He had just gotten out from the sea after a swim and was heading towards the bar when he saw a commotion starting. Henry recognized the young boy and wasn’t sure what made him want to help him.

As he walked towards the sea with the woman in his hand, he hadn’t realized that she was actually talking to him.

“I’m sorry. What?” Henry asked her finally taking a look at her face.

“You said you wanted to go for a swim?” She asked.

“Urm… Let’s just… Sit and talk?” Henry said once he spotted a few towels laid out along the beach.

“Sure.” The girl said as the both of them lied down on the blanket.

They continued to talk as she flirted and Henry went along with it. Honestly, she was a bore. She kept talking about her new highlights, the new pair of bikini she bought and that she intended to wear it and show it to him when they go for a swim the next day. But Henry wasn’t intending to see her again tomorrow. He never wanted to see her again forever. Even if she was more amusing, Henry never sees a woman for more than 2 days. On an average, he meets most women for only a day. Two days only happens when he ever gets to sleep with them.

Without realizing, the sun was soon setting and their surrounding had turned dark. The blonde girl beside him was too starting to get more touchy and flirty. He kept having her hand on his chest and down to his abs.

“Hey, want some cocktail?” Henry asked as he lightly grabbed her hand trying not to make it too obvious that he was stopping her from going any further.

“Urm… okay.” She said as she nodded her head.

“I’ll be right back.” Henry said getting off the ground.

The blonde girl innocently waits for him as Henry headed the opposite direction of the bar. He wasn’t going to stay any longer. She had got to be the most boring and disastrous looking woman he had met so far. As he headed towards his cabin, he hears the sound of a person singing but her words were slurred and the melody out of tune. Henry squinted his eyes trying to make out the person walking by the beach singing.

After a few shots of cocktails, Amber decided to walk back to her cabin and stay in for the entire day. She had totally lost interest in everything for the day. She felt like if she did anything else, more bad things would just happen to her. Feeling slightly tipsy from her drinks, Amber was already walking all over the place on the sea side as she sang a few songs in a slurry manner.

“Stupid guy! Stupid bimbo! Stupid!!” Amber yelled between songs as she kicked the sand beneath her feet.

Henry walked closer and realized it was the boy from previously. From the way he was walking, Henry knew that the guy was drunk.

“STUPID DAY!!” Amber yelled before she started feeling woozy and her legs felt like it was about to give away.

Henry noticed that the boy looked odd from behind. And soon enough, the boy falls forward and was about to fall into the water. Without much thought, Henry ran towards him and grabbed the boy’s shirt trying to prevent him from actually falling into the water. Henry secured the boy in his hand and carried him to shore.

“Boy! Boy!” Henry yelled trying to wake the unconscious boy in his arms.

The boy stirred and Henry continued to call him ‘Boy’.

“I’m not a boy!” Amber yelled with her eyes closed

“You’re so drunk.” Henry said when he heard Amber say those words.

Henry then, scooped Amber into his arms and decided to carry her back to her cabin. Once Amber was in his hand, Henry realized that the boy he was carrying was really light and small.

“You’re such a small boy.” Henry whispered as he stared down at the boy’s face.

Holding the boy real close to him made him feel somewhat odd and the boy’s face was starting to look more feminine than masculine to him.

“Get real Henry! That’s a boy.” Henry said to himself like a chant.

When they finally reached Amber’s cabin, Henry laid her down on a seat at the verandah before he tried to figure out what to do next.

“Hey! Hey! Wake up!” Henry called as he shook the boy.

Amber stirred feeling someone shaking her body.

“Just five more minutes ma.” Amber said in a soft whisper.

“Hey! Wake up!” Henry still tried to wake her up but Amber continued to twist her body away from him and fall into a deep sleep.

Henry sighed as he stood up. He turns around thinking that he should just leave her there but then his feeling kept bugging him that he shouldn’t leave the boy there. Henry turns around and heads for the boy’s verandah again. The boy was already curled up on the chair looking uncomfortable and cold. The night wind in Hawaii was much colder than it was in the day. It also seemed to be extra windy that day.

“I hope you don’t regret this Henry Lau.” Henry mumbled as he scooped up the boy again into his arms.

With careful steps, Henry headed for his cabin and placed her down on the chair in his verandah while he unlocked his cabin door. He pushed the door wide open and carried the boy into his room.

Henry laid the small boy on his king sized bed and tucked her under the sheets. The boy oddly looked peacefully pretty under the lit table lamp. Henry shook his head and stepped away from the boy. He then realized that he was still shirtless from the afternoon and that he had probably left his shirt somewhere by the beach. It would probably be useless to go find for it now. Looking out the window, Henry saw that the night had begun to turn dark and it was almost impossible to go out finding for it.

Henry could feel the sand on his body and shorts. He stripped down in the bathroom and took a shower. After his long cool shower, Henry got out of the bathroom all dressed with a towel on his head. From where he was standing, he could see Amber lying on his bed. He walked over to the bed and sat down next to her at the same time keeping a small distance.

“Why should I keep a distance anyway? He’s a boy!” Henry heard himself say in his head.

After drying off his hair, he tossed the towel on the empty seat next to his bed and got under the covers. Once his legs were under the covers, he accidentally kicks Amber’s feet causing her to stir in her sleep. Henry felt his entire body froze as his head slowly turned to look at Amber. Luckily, Amber hadn’t woken up and looked like she was in a deep slumber. Henry had never felt this uncomfortable sleeping next to a guy even if he was a stranger.  Henry inched himself closer to the opposite side to make sure they wouldn’t bump into each other’s feet under the covers.

He laid his head on the pillow and tried his best to fall asleep. But no matter how hard he tried, the uncomfortable feeling wouldn’t leave him alone. Sighing, Henry grabbed his pillow and silently slipped out from under the covers and went over to the couch to sleep.