Chapter 9

Creating a Dancing Queen

Hyoyeon was laying bed, thinking about everything that had happened in the past couple of days.  Her moments with Eunhyuk seemed to have flooded her mind once again.  The moments they shared on the dance floor, when they went to the mall, to when they first meet.  They kept on replaying over and over again in her mind.  She smiled to herself.  Then the image of Eunhyuk with Suzy popped into her head and everything seemed to have crumbled apart.  Her smile faded and tears were starting to form at the corner of her eyes. 

"Hyoyeon!"  She quickly sat up from her bed in confusion and Sunny came bargining into her room.  Hyoyeon jumped and almost fell out of her bed. 

"Sunny," moaned Hyoyeon. 

"Hyoyeon get up," demanded Sunny.  Hyoyeon glanced over to the clock. 

"Sunny, it's 7 in the morning, why are you here this early?" Hyoyeon then yawned and slowly stood up. 

"Because, I will not allow my dear friend to sit at home all day moping."  

"But, Sunny-" Sunny held up her hand and stopped Hyoyeon. 

"And to tell you that I have a plan."  Hyoyeon stared at her in confusion. 

"A plan?  A plan for what?" Sunny smiled brightly. 

"To get Eunhyuk back of course." Hyoyeon's eyes widened. 

"Wait, What?"

"I have an idea that could bring you two back together."

"Sunny, I don't know."  

"Let me ask you this: Do you like Eunhyuk?" Hyoyeon nodded her head. 

"Do you hate Suzy?"  Hyoyeon nodded her head. 

"There you go, there are your two reasons why you should go along with my plan."

"Sunny, I don't want to be the kind of girl who steals guys away from other girls."

Sunny sighed and stared hard at Hyoyeon. 

"Just hear me out?" she asked.  Hyoyeon nodded her head and sat down on the bed. 

"Okay, you said that the reason why Eunhyuk hates you now is because he thinks that you are a coward right?"  Hyoyeon slowly nodded her head.  A sad expression crossed her face as she replayed the memory of her and Eunhyuk fighting.  

"Well, we just need to prove to him that you are not a coward," said Sunny with a very excited and hopeful tone.

"How am I going to do that," asked Hyoyeon.  Sunny had a knowing smile on her face. 

"You are going to compete in the competition against Suzy," said Sunny.  Hyoyeon's eyes widened. 

"What!?" she exclaimed, "How am I going to do that?  I still don't have any confidence."

"Don't panic I already thought of a perfect teacher for you." Hyoyeon stared at Sunny with confusion in her eyes. 

"Who"  Hyoyeon stared at her friend in disbelief.  Sunny clasped her hands together. 

"I will tell you in a minute, you just need to come with me first," said Sunny with a bright smile on her face as she extended her hand out to Hyoyeon.  She hesitated. 

"You can trust me," said Sunny.  Her eyes softened at she stared at Hyoyeon.  

"I know," said Hyoyeon as she nodded her head.  She then reached out and grabbed Sunny's hand.  Sunny pulled her up from the bed and handed her some clothes. 

"Quickly change and we have to get going," said Sunny.  Hyoyeon nodded her head and went to the bathroom to change. She was wearing black capri sweats and a light blue t-shirt.  She walked out of the bathroom as she was putting her hair up into a bun. 

"Ready?" asked Sunny.  Hyoyeon nodded her head.  Sunny skipped over to her and grabbed Hyoyeon hands. 

"Then let's get going."  Sunny then dragged Hyoyeon out of her house. 

 

Sunny dragged her all the way to the dance studios at their school. 

"Sunny why are we here?" asked Hyoyeon as they entered the studio. Sunny smiled. 

"You will have to wait and see," said Sunny. 

"Is this part of your brilliant plan?" asked Hyoyeon. Being sarcastic when she said brilliant. 

"My plan is super brilliant," defended Sunny as she pretended to be mad at Hyoyeon. 

"I'm sure it is," said Hyoyeon as she patted her friend on the shoulder.  Sunny smiled at her. 

The door to the studio opened and Hyoyeon looked over to see Donghae entering.  He was dressed in sweats and a white t-shirt. 

"What is he doing here?" asked Hyoyeon as she stared at him wide eyed. 

"He is going to be your new teacher," whispered Sunny.  Hyoyeon mouth fell open. 

"So why did you guys need me for?" asked Donghae as he walked closer to them. 

"Why don't you tell him," said Sunny as she nudged Hyoyeon with her shoulder.  Her eyes were encouraging Hyoyeon. 

"I'm sorry, can I talk to you," said Hyoyeon as she grabbed Sunny's hand and dragged her to a side of the room.  Out of hearing range from Donghae. 

"What is it?" asked Sunny. 

"I don't know if I want Donghae to be my teacher," said Hyoyeon. 

"Why not?" 

"Because he will know my secret."

"Hyoyeon, I choose Donghae because he seems like a really nice guy and I'm sure that he will keep your secret safe.  Also, I think that this is the prefect opportunity for you to open yourself up more and trust people more.  He was the one that gave you that advice right?" 

Hyoyeon bit her lip in thought.  Sunny did have a point.  She did need to trust people more. 

"Okay," said Hyoyeon, "You're right.  This is a good plan Sunny."  Sunny smiled brightly. 

"Now, shall we go and talk to Donghae?" asked Sunny.  Hyoyeon nodded her head and they both walked back over to Donghae. Hyoyeon could feel knots forming in her stomach as they walked closer to him. 

"Donghae, we need your help," said Sunny. 

"Okay, what do you need my help with," he asked.  Sunny nudged Hyoyeon with her shoulder and gave her an encouraging look. 

"First, you need to promise me that you will not say anything about this to anyone," said Hyoyeon.  Her eyes were staring into Donghae's as they pleaded with his. He nodded his head. 

"Alright, I promise."  Hyoyeon took a deep breath to try and calm her nerves.  She was extremely frightened of telling her secret.  After a long pause Hyoyeon then decided to tell Donghae about her secret. After she was done she held her breath and waited for Donghae to respond.

"So, you want me to help you gain confidence to dance so you can participate in an upcoming dance competition?" he asked.  Hyoyeon slowly nodded her head. Donghae tapped his chin in thought and then smiled at her. 

"Sure, I will be glad to help you," he said.  Hyoyeon sighed with relief and smiled. 

"Oh and I almost forgot," said Sunny, "You are also going to be teaching me as well." Donghae raised an eyebrow.

"You lost confidence too?" Sunny shook her head. 

"I just don't know how to dance well and if I want to complete my dream as an idol, I kind of need to know how to dance." 

"I see, yeah I can teach you as well." 

"Great," said Sunny as she clapped her hands together and smiled.

"Shall we get started?" asked Donghae.  Sunny and Hyoyeon nodded their heads. Hyoyeon still felt nervous dancing in front of Donghae, but it was something that she needs to move past if she wants to compete in the upcoming competition.  

 

 

The first session with Donghae went really well.  Hyoyeon felt more comfortable dancing in front of him and it also helped to have Sunny there with her as well.  She could feel more confidence inside of her.  The steps she has already taken were big for her.  From dancing with Eunhyuk to dancing in a club with other people, to now dancing in front of others more easily. Her dancing skills also were improving as well. 

For the past couple days, she had been meeting up with Donghae and Sunny after school for an hour or so, practicing.  

During the school day, she was trying to avoid Suzy and Eunhyuk as much as possible.  She still had not figured out a way to get his bag back from Suzy and did not want to see them until she had a plan.

Donghae also promised her that he would keep their dance practice secret from Eunhyuk.  He was avoiding her during the day intentionally so Eunhyuk would not catch on.  

Also during the dance sessions, Donghae was helping her form a routine to perform at the competition.  The competition was about a week away and Hyoyeon was starting to feel more nervous.   

"You guys all stretched out?" asked Donghae as he was stretching out his arms.  Hyoyeon and Sunny were both sitting on the hardwood floor and stretching out their legs.  

"Yep," chimed Sunny as she jumped herself up off the floor.  She smiled brightly. 

"Hyoyeon, I was thinking about something," said Donghae.  Hyoyeon stood up from the floor and turned to face Donghae. 

"You said that you wanted to gain more confidence right?" he asked.  Hyoyeon nodded her head. 

"Well, I was thinking, with your permission of course, that Sungmin, Kyuhyun, and Leeteuk could join us during these sessions."  Hyoyeon bit her lip in thought. 

"Thats a great idea," said Sunny, "Think about Hyoyeon, its would be very beneficial for you.  It will help you gain more confidence and you will be able to get more help on your routine."

"That's true," said Hyoyeon.  She then thought of Eunhyuk.  Would he start to get suspicious and figure out that his friends helping her?  How would he react?  Would he be hurt? or would he not care?

"Hyoyeon?" asked Sunny, "What do you think?"  Hyoyeon then thought that she should be doing whats best for herself and not worry about Eunhyuk. 

"I think that its a great idea," said Hyoyeon.  Donghae and Sunny both smiled. 

"Okay, tomorrow, I will ask them to join us," said Donghae. 

"Donghae, can you make sure that they will not let Eunhyuk find out about this?" asked Hyoyeon. Donghae then looked at her with confusion. 

"Okay," he said. Hyoyeon nodded her head and stretched out a little bit longer.  

She definitely did not want Eunhyuk to find out.  Something deep down inside her worried about how he would react.  And another part of her wanted to surprise him.  She remembered how he called her a coward and the word seemed to echo inside her head.  The day he called her a coward was one of the most humiliating days of her life.  She felt defeated and completely useless.  She also felt like a total idiot and a fool.

 Determination then started to boil inside of her.  The more the word coward echoed in her head, the more she wanted get out and dance in front of everyone. 

Maybe she was not actually worried about his feelings. After thinking about it a little longer Hyoyeon seemed to finally realize the true reason why she did not want Eunhyuk to find out about Donghae helping her.  She realized her true motive for her actions, for her determination, for her perseverance.  

 

It was all for one motive that now burned in her mind:

 

Prove. Eunhyuk. Wrong. 

 

 


Whew another Chapter Done :)  Sorry that this took longer...

Just extremely busy like always 

Anyway I hope that you guys like it! Remember to Comment and Subscribe if you haven't yet

Also want to thank my new subbies!

 

LilLixxy

cagedcircuslion

Shawndaswimmer

TheLightningRose

81Irin

VanillaGhost23

MrEskimoBaby

Thanks for your total support!

You guys are AMAZING!!

:)