Chapter 14

Creating a Dancing Queen

Hyoyeon paced around the dance practice room as she waited for Sunny to arrive.  Donghae, Leeteuk, and Kyuhyun sat on the floor and kept on watching her walk back and forth while staring at the door.   

"Where is she?" mumbled Hyoyeon.  

"Hyoyeon, I think that we should start without her," said Leeteuk.  Hyoyeon looked at the clock and realized that it had been a half hour since they were suppose to start. 

"Yeah, I don't think Sunny is coming," said Donghae.  

"But why isn't she coming?" asked Hyoyeon.  She slumped her shoulders in disappointment.  She thought that Sunny was suppose to be her support and now she felt hurt.  Kyuhyun got up from the floor and walked over to Hyoyeon.  He placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. 

"I'm sure she has a good reason," said Kyuhyun.  

"Yeah," mumbled Hyoyeon as she stared at the door hoping that Sunny would come through it.  After a few seconds she sighed and turned her attention to the guys. 

"Let's get started."

 

"Hyoyeon, I think we should be done for today," said Leeteuk as wiped his forehead from the sweat.  They had been practicing for a few hours and they were all tired. 

"I don't feel ready, I need to keep practicing," said Hyoyeon as she took a sip from her waterbottle and threw it to the side. 

"Hyoyeon, you have been practicing enough, you don't want to wear yourself out," said Donghae.  He had begun doing his cool down stretches with Leeteuk. 

"After today, the competition is only two days away," yelled Hyoyeon, "I need more practice."  Kyuhyun walked over to her and placed an arm on her shoulder. 

"Hyo, you have been practicing too much, I think you need to be done for the day," he said.  Hyoyeon brushed off his hand.  

"I can't be done yet," she said.  Kyuhyun's eyes were filled concerned as he stared at Hyoyeon intensely.  You could tell that her body was extremely tired.  Her posture was slightly slumped from fatigue and her body was covered in sweat.  They had been practicing an hour longer than usual and the guys were becoming worried about Hyoyeon. 

"Please, Hyo, be done for today," said Kyuhyun.  She turned to face him and saw that his eyes were soft and pleading as they were also filled with worry as well.  Leeteuk and Donghae both stood up and stared at her in concern as well. 

"You need to rest," said Donghae. 

"Or else you will hurt yourself," said Leeteuk.  Hyoyeon turned away in thought and sighed.  She knew they were right. 

"Fine, let's stop for today," she said.  All three of them smiled as they went to grab their stuff.  Leeteuk and Donghae waved goodbye before they left to go take a shower.  Kyuhyun stayed behind and was waiting for Hyoyeon.  

"You can go," said Hyoyeon as she started her cool down stretches.  Kyuhyun said nothing and watched her in silence.  

"You don't have to wait for me."  Kyuhyun shook his head and walked over to her. 

"I'm not leaving yet."  Hyoyeon stared at him in confusion as he sat down next to her on the wood floor. 

"Why?" 

"Because someone needs to make sure that you don't continue practicing and hurt yourself."  Hyoyeon sighed and stood up once she was done stretching. 

"You don't need to worry about me Kyuhyun."  She went over to the side and grabbed her duffel bag and waterbottle. 

"Yes I do, I care about you Hyoyeon, a lot."  Hyoyeon stopped for a second to process his words and turned to face him.  He stood with his eyes staring at Hyoyeon in a loving way.  His expression was soft and it was something she had never seen from him before.  

"We all do," he said as he crossed the room and stood a few inches away from her.  

"Especially me," he said as his hand caressed the side of her glossy skin and pushed her blonde hair behind her ears.  Her eyes widened in shock from the sudden contact and stared at Kyuhyun. 

"Kyuhyun?" she asked in a daze.  He smiled softly at her again and sighed. 

"Get some rest okay?" He dropped his hand and gave her one last smile before he walked over to the door.  Shifting his bag on his shoulder, he left the dance studio, leaving Hyoyeon in a confused daze.  Her hand lifted to her cheek and where he touched her, she placed her fingertips on as racing thoughts suddenly flooded her mind.  What just happened? she asked herself. 

 

The next day at school, Hyoyeon was walking to her locker, still in a dazed state.  What Kyuhyun said to her and what he did kept on replaying over and over again in her head.  She reached her locker and zoned out in thought in front of it.      

"Hyoyeon?" asked Sunny.  Hyoyeon snapped out of her thoughts and saw the bright and smiling Sunny in front of her. 

"Where were you yesterday?" asked Hyoyeon as she opened her locker.  Sunny sighed. 

"Sungmin decided that it was a good idea to take me out on a date," replied Sunny. Hyoyeon froze and gave Sunny an annoyed look. 

"That was seriously the reason why you did not show up yesterday?"

"Well, first he texted me saying that it was an emergency and apparently that 'emergency' was he did not have a girl to go to a couples park with him." 

"Really? He must have really wanted to go on a date with you if he tricked you like that. How did the date go?"  Sunny then turned her gaze downward and blushed slightly. 

"Sunny?"

"It went really well actually.  Sungmin turns out to be a very nice guy and all."  Hyoyeon smiled as she closed her locker. 

"You like him don't you?" Sunny slowly nodded her head. 

"I'm starting to and he really is a nice guy."

"You said that earlier."

"Oh sorry. Didn't mean to repeat myself." Hyoyeon laughed softly as Sunny looked down in embarrassment again.  They both then started to make their way down the hallway to class.  Suzy was heading in their direction and Sunny gritted her teeth. 

"Here it comes," she muttered.  Suzy noticed them and walked quickly up to them with a big smile on her face. 

"Good morning," she said as she passed by with a genuine smile.  Hyoyeon smiled and gave Suzy a little wave and Sunny blinked in surprise.   

"What the hell just happened?" asked Sunny as she stared after Suzy with wide eyes. Hyoyeon smiled to herself. 

"Let's just say that we are on good terms now," replied Hyoyeon.  

"How did that happen?" 

"We had a little talk and turns out Suzy is just misunderstood that's all." Sunny shook her head in disbelief. 

"I can't believe what you are saying right now."  Hyoyeon smiled and shrugged her shoulders. 

"By the way, how did practice go yesterday?" asked Sunny.  Hyoyeon then immediately thought back to Kyuhyun and felt a pit forming in her stomach. 

"You okay?" asked Sunny, "You turned pale."

"Just nervous that's all," said Hyoyeon as she pushed Kyuhyun to the back of her mind. "The competition is tomorrow and I still feel like I'm unprepared."

"Hyoyeon, I have watched you practice that routine.  It's practically perfect."

"But still something is missing or I'm doing something wrong."  

"You will do fine."  Sunny patted Hyoyeon on the shoulder and gave her a warm smile as they walked to class. 

 

At lunch, Hyoyeon and Sunny were sitting at a table eating their lunch when Donghae and Leeteuk joined them. 

"Hey guys," said Donghae. 

"Hey," said Sunny as Hyoyeon stared at them with a puzzled expression. 

"Is Eunhyuk not a school again?" asked Hyoyeon.  Leeteuk solemnly nodded his head. 

"He has pretty much dropped off the face of the earth," said Leeteuk. 

"He won't even respond to our phone calls and stuff," said Donghae.  They both looked down in disappointment.  Hyoyeon was about to say something, but Sungmin had interrupted her. 

"How is everyone doing today?" asked Sungmin as he sat down next Sunny.  Hyoyeon watched her friend closely as Sunny started to blush.  

"Oh why if it isn't the little skipper," said Leeteuk as him and Donghae glared at Sungmin. 

"Hey, don't take it so personally, I was busy," said Sungmin as he took a bite of his food while ignoring the glares.  

"Well, why were you busy?" asked Donghae.  Sungmin shrugged and ignored the question which irritated both Leeteuk and Donghae.  Hyoyeon saw Kyuhyun approach the table and knots began to form in her stomach.  She avoided eye contact with him as he sat across from her.  She had no idea how to face him after last night. 

"Hey Kyuhyun," said Sunny. 

"Hey," he responded and started to eat his food.  

"Hyoyeon, you nervous?" asked Donghae and she slowly nodded her head. 

"You should not be nervous.  You dance that routine perfectly," said Leeteuk. 

"Yeah, you are going to do awesome," said Sungmin.  Hyoyeon nodded her head and smiled meekly. 

"Thanks," she replied meekly as she then focused her attention on eating instead of the competition. 

"Hey guys."  Hyoyeon looked up and Suzy was standing at the end of the table with a smile on her face.  Everyone of them stared at her in surprise. 

"Do you guys mind if I join?" 

"No, we don't mind," said Donghae.  Suzy smiled and went to sit next to him. 

"Where is Fei?" asked Leeteuk.  Suzy's face flashed a sad expression, but quickly smiled it away. 

"She is ummm, busy I guess," said Suzy as she laughed nervously.  The table fell into awkward silence after and nobody knew what to talk about.  The whole situation was awkward in itself.  

"So, Suzy, are you participating in the competition?" asked Donghae.  Suzy nodded her head and smiled. 

"Yep, that means Hyoyeon and I are going to be rivals in a sense," said Suzy as she smiled sweetly everyone.  

"Yay," said Sunny in a sarcastic tone as she rolled her eyes.  Suzy then looked down hurt and Hyoyeon nudged Sunny hard with her elbow. 

"Ow what was that for," whispered Sunny. 

"Be nice, okay?" Hyoyeon replied.  Sunny sighed dramatically and picked up her tray.

"I'm down eating so I'm going to get going to class," said Sunny.

"I will go with you," said Sungmin as he picked up his tray which was still full of food.

"You done eating Sungmin?" asked Leeteuk.

"Yeah, not hungry," he replied as he walked quickly to catch up to Sunny.

"Hyoyeon you should eat something," said Kyuhyun.  Hyoyeon looked down at her tray and realized that she had a ton of food left to eat.  

"I'm not that hungry," she replied as she pushed her tray away from her.  She was still avoiding eye contact with Kyuhyun.  

"You really have nothing to be worried about," assured Leeteuk. Hyoyeon stood up and grabbed her tray.

"I'm going to be heading out as well."  Kyuhyun, Donghae, and Leeteuk all stared at her with concern.

"You sure?" asked Donghae.

"Yeah, I will see you guys later." Hyoyeon then took her tray and left the table.  After dumping it, she went to the hallway and looked at her watch, she still had some time before classes.  She made her way to the dance studios.  Maybe running through the routine one more time would calm her nerves.  

She made her way down the white hallway and passed by some of the dance studios.  She could hear a faint sound of music and then noticed a light illuminated from one of the rooms. 

"Who could be down here?" she asked herself as she made her way over to the door.  She slowly peeked her head through the window of the door and saw a familiar figure dancing.  She watched in amazement as the guy danced.  The moves were amazing and the passion was definitely showing.  The person turned around and Hyoyeon immediately fell backwards out of sight once she realized who it was.  

"Eunhyuk?" She then slowly crawled back up on her knees and slowly raised her head so she could watch again.  She then continued to watch him as he danced.  Her eyes were glued to his movements and she could not seem to turn herself away.  

The music stopped and Eunhyuk made his way over to his bag.  Hyoyeon then realized he was done and she quickly dashed down the hallway to the girl's locker room. She did not want to get spotted by him.  It would have been embarrassing trying to explain herself to him.  Waiting a couple of minutes, she believed that Eunhyuk would be gone by now and walked over to the door to the locker room.  She opened it and froze.  Eunhyuk was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest.  His brown eyes staring at her. 


Thanks so much to my new subscribers :)

 sayhaesah 

 Rika_268 

 berrywatt 

 SNSDobsessions 

 intomynewworld 

 noviantiw 

 PaatLeeChoi 

 MultiKpopLover 

 DCarolais 

 eunhyukjae_ 

 Jaedwin 

 LuckyNicole98 

You guys really do mean a lot to me. 

Please comment and subscribe :)