Chapter 6

Creating a Dancing Queen

Hyoyeon had a study hall during her last hour and so did Eunhyuk.  He told her to meet him in the practice studio during that time.  She was dressed in capri sweats and a black t-shirt.  Her messy blonde hair was piled ontop of her head.  

She sat on the wood floor of the studio, stretching out her leg muscles.  She heard the door open and turned to find Eunhyuk walking in with a smile on his face. 

"Hey," he said as he waved to Hyoyeon.  She nodded her head to him and took a deep breath.  She was trying to calm her nerves.

"Are you okay?" he asked.  She turned her head away from him.

"I'm fine," she said, "What are we doing today?"

"More partner dancing for now."  He walked over to the stereo and put some music on and headed over to Hyoyeon as he stretched out his arms. "I was thinking maybe you could try taking the lead a little bit."

"Okay," replied Hyoyeon in a quiet whisper. Eunhyuk gave her a suspicious look.

"You sure that you are okay?"  

"I'm fine," snapped Hyoyeon.  The anger in her voice surprised Eunhyuk.

"Well, you don't seem fine."  Hyoyeon sighed in frustration and buried her head in her arms.  Images flashed from last night.  The warm sensation that seemed to control her body was still a mystery to her and the words that Suzy said to her rang in her ears.  Her frustration was starting to turn into anger.

"Well I am."  Her voice was muffled and she was growing more frustrated.  A thousand thoughts started to run through her head.

"Hyoyeon?" Eunhyuk was starting to become confused.

"Let's just get started."  Hyoyeon quickly stood up from the floor. 

"Hyoyeon?" He repeated her name and she ignored it.  

"Something is wrong and you are not telling me."

"Nothing is wrong." Her tone was hard and Eunhyuk continued to stare at her in confusion. 

"The tone of your voice says otherwise." 

"My tone means nothing." 

"Why can't you tell me?" His dark brown eyes stared at Hyoyeon with a mix of confusion and sadness within them. 

"Why should I tell you?"  Eunhyuk stared at her in disbelief. 

"I thought-"

"You thought what?" she asked. 

"Nothing."  His eyes sunk down to the floor.  Hyoyeon stayed quiet and they stared at each other. 

"Hyoyeon? You know that you can tell me anything right?" he said. She shook her head and stared at the floor in front of her.  

"You don't trust me?" His voice was weak and she stared at him hard. 

"No I don't!" Hyoyeon said it very harshly and Eunhyuk quickly looked down to the floor.  He was clearly hurt.  He then clenched his fists and stared hard at Hyoyeon. 

"Just tell me what is wrong," he said with his eyes pleading.  Hyoyeon sighed.  Suzy's words rang through her head again. 

"Do I really have to participate in the dance competition?" asked Hyoyeon. Eunhyuk eyed her suspiciously. 

"Yes, you have to."

"Why?"

"Why don't you want to?"

Hyoyeon hesitated and Eunhyuk sighed.

"The only reason why you don't want to is because people will be watching right?"  Hyoyeon did not answer as he eyes stayed glue to the floor in front of her. 

"Hyoyeon look at me."  She rose her eyes slowly to meet his gaze.  His eyes were hard as they stared at her. 

"I thought that we made a breakthrough last night."  Hyoyeon looked away and Eunhyuk was starting to grow more angry. 

"Don't you want it?" he asked with his voice rising a little. 

"Want what?"

"Confidence."   

"Yes," she muttered softly to herself. 

"What?" asked Eunhyuk as cupped his ear to hear her. 

"Yes," she shouted and Eunhyuk smirked. 

"I thought so."  

"But why do I have to participate in this competition?  Can't I gain confidence a different way?"

Eunhyuk sighed.  He walked over to her and stared deep into her brown eyes.  She blushed a little.

"Do you want to participate in a smaller competition?"  She nodded her head and Eunhyuk sighed.  He was clearly frustrated. 

"It would be easier if I started off small and then grew more from that."  Eunhyuk ran his hand through his hair.  He seemed to be getting angry.  

"That, Hyoyeon, is the coward's way out."

"No it's not."

"Yes it is, no matter how much you try to tell yourself it's not."  She bit her lip in thought. 

"It is not the coward's way out, because I know that I will be able to grow more by starting off small," said Hyoyeon.

"Have you heard of challenging yourself?" asked Eunhyuk.  

"Yeah, but starting off small will be challenging enough."  

"Believe me Hyoyeon, this competition will be able to help grow your skills so much more."

"I seriously doubt that."  Her voice was hard.

"Do you seriously not trust me."

"I already told I don't."

Eunhyuk looked at her with disappointment in his eyes.  He then walked over to the door, paused, and turned to look at Hyoyeon.  

"Don't worry about being my slave anymore, I don't want one who doesn't trust me and is a coward."

Eunhyuk then left the studio and Hyoyeon sunk down to her knees.  HIs words stung her and seeing him leave made her heart ache.  He was wrong.  She kept on telling herself over and over again that he is wrong.  Dancing in that competition was not going to help her.  Suzy said that she and the only way to improve is by starting off small. Right?

 

After school was over, Hyoyeon walked quickly to her locker.  She weaved through the crowd of students getting ready to head home.  Her stomach was filled with butterflies as Eunhyuk's words were echoing through her mind: "Don't worry about being my slave anymore, I don't want one who doesn't trust me and is a coward."

She was not a coward, or was she?  Why couldn't she trust him? She reached her locker and twirled her locker combo.  

"Hyoyeon!" She turned to find Sunny standing next to her, "Eunhyuk seriously needs to stop dragging you away from me. I keep on eating lunch all by myself and now I was all alone in study hall." 

She pouted and then stared at Hyoyeon.  Her eyes then filled with concern. 

"Are you okay? You look a little bit pale," said Sunny.  

"Yeah, I'm fine," said Hyoyeon as she quickly turned her attention back to her locker. 

"Are you sure? You look like you're sweating."  Hyoyeon rubbed her forehead and found a light coat of sweat on it.  She did not even realize that she had started sweating in the first place. Was she that worried? 

"Sunny, I'm fine." Hyoyeon slammed her locker shut and it made Sunny wince.

"Did something happen between you and Eunhyuk?" asked Sunny.  Hyoyeon tensed at Eunhyuk's name.  His words then began to appear in her head again.  

"Hyoyeon?" Hyoyeon shook her head.

"Sorry Sunny, was lost in thought."

"Something is wrong and you are not telling me."

"Nothing is wrong."

"You are lying."

"No I'm not!"

"Hyoyeon?"

"Leave me alone."

"Why can't you tell me anything?" yelled Sunny.  Her eyes were beginning to turn watery and Hyoyeon then suddenly felt hurt.  Sunny then quickly dashed down the hallway away from Hyoyeon.

Her heart then began to break watching Sunny run down the hallway. 

"Troubles in paradise?" Hyoyeon turned around to find Suzy and Fei behind her.  Suzy walked up to Hyoyeon and shoved her shoulder into her with a smirk on her face.  Hyoyeon glared at her as she passed. 

"Better be careful loner girl," said Fei as she then also rammed into Hyoyeon's other shoulder as she passed. 

Hyoyeon rubbed her shoulders and watched them retreat down the hallway.  She then thought of Sunny and Eunhyuk.  How can I not trust them? she asked herself. 


Hey Everyone!

Hope that you liked thiss chapter even though it was a little short

A lot of things happened and I thought that I should end it here

But don't worry, I am already almost done with the next chapter!

I also need you guys to vote on who Sunny should end up with 

I thought that you guys would like to be apart of this decision of my story :)

 

 

 

Anyway, I want to thank my two new subbies

littletigercub

Ilovesnsdandshinee

And also thank everyone for their support :)

Please continue to comment, I will take all of suggestions into account!