Chapter 15

Creating a Dancing Queen

"Did you enjoy the show?" asked Eunhyuk.  He leaned against the brick wall with his brown eyes staring at Hyoyeon. 

"I did not expect to find your down here.  I thought you weren't at school today," said Hyoyeon.  Her eyes fell to the floor below her.  

"I heard that you are going to be participating in the competition tomorrow," he said.  She looked up at him wide eyed.  How did he find out? she asked herself.  

"Y-yes I am," she replied softly, "Who told you?"   

"I'm not an idiot Hyoyeon.  My friends keep on disappearing on me after school everyday and with Suzy's big mouth, it was pretty easy to put it together in my head."  

"I see."  A long silent pause had filled the space between them.  Hyoyeon's eyes fell to the white tile below her as she shifted uncomfortably.  Eunhyuk continued to stare at her.  

"Why are you participating in this competition?" he asked her.  She did not answer him right away.  Her motive began to flash in front of her eyes again and images from that day began to fill her head again.  She just wanted to prove herself to him.  Prove that she wasn't a coward.  Prove Eunhyuk wrong.  

"I thought you said that it would be better if you started off small," he said.  He cocked his head to the side waiting for her answer.  She then looked back up at him and sighed.  

"I was wrong," she mumbled and Eunhyuk leaned in closely.  

"What?"  he asked.  He did not hear what she had said.  

"I was wrong," she said a little louder.  His eyes went wide when he heard those words come from her.  

"You were right Eunhyuk.  Starting off small was going to get me no where and it was the coward's way out." Eunhyuk then stood back up straight against the wall and continued to listen to her.  

"I wanted to apologize to you, but for some odd reason I couldn't bring myself to say 'I'm sorry' to you."  Eunhyuk then looked down at the floor and processed the words she was saying.  

"When you called me a coward that day, something inside me snapped.  I then began to feel this anger rise up in me.  I felt this fire and I suddenly wanted to participate in the competition, but not so I could gain some confidence."  Eunhyuk then looked up at her with a confused expression on his face. 

"If not to gain confidence, for what then?" he asked her.  Hyoyeon took a deep breath in and exhaled slowly.  

"It was so I could prove you wrong, Eunhyuk."  His eyes went wide. 

"Prove me wrong?"  Hyoyeon slowly nodded her head. 

"You called me a coward and so I really wanted to prove you wrong which is why I asked for Donghae, Leeteuk, Sungmin, and Kyuhyun's help."  Eunhyuk nodded his head as he was putting the pieces together in his head.  

"So you did all this secret trianing and stuff just because I called you a coward?"  Hyoyeon slowly nodded her head and looked down at the floor.  Expecting him to be angry, she was surprised to hear him start laughing.  

"I'm sorry, I just can't believe it," said Eunhyuk as he continued to laugh.  She could feel her cheeks start to heat up.  

"I did not realize it was a stupid," mumbled Hyoyeon.  She then turned to leave and took a couple steps, but was stopped by Eunhyuk grabbing her hand.  

"Wait Hyoyeon, It's not a stupid, I was just surprised that's all."  She looked over her shoulder and saw that he was smiling brightly at her.  She immediately turned her head and started to blush.  He then let go of her hand and the hallway became quiet.  

"I thought you hated me," said Eunhyuk.  Hyoyeon gave him a confused look. 

"When you were going to my friends for help with your dancing, I thought that you hated me, but now I understand."  He then started to laugh softly to himself again and a small smile formed on Hyoyeon's face.  She really missed being around him.  

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" he asked her.  She slowly shook her head.  

"I don't think I am." 

"Why not?"

"I don't know.  Everyone keeps on telling me that I dance the routine perfectly, but I still feel like something is missing."  Eunhyuk tapped his chin in thought. 

"I was hoping that I can figure it out at practice after school today," said Hyoyeon. 

"Maybe I can help, let me see the routine."  

"Right now?" 

"Yeah, why not?"  Hyoyeon hesitated and became uneasy.  Thinking of Eunhyuk watching her routine made butterflies appear in her stomach.  

"Alright," said Hyoyeon.  She went back into the girls' locker room to change and Eunhyuk went into one of the dance studios.  Her nerves were escalating as she left the locker room and walked slowly to the studio.  Peering inside, she saw Eunhyuk sitting on the bench, waiting for her.  It was just like before when Eunhyuk had ordered her to dance in front of him, but now things are different.  Taking a deep breath, Hyoyeon entered the studio and walked towards the center.  

"Whenever your ready," said Eunhyuk as he leaned back with a smirk on his face.  Hyoyeon nodded her head and took a deep breath in.  She then started to dance her routine.  A little shaky in the beginning with her nerves, but she was able to shake them away quickly.  She danced each step perfectly and each movement was solid.  Still, she felt like something important was missing when she finished.  A light coat of sweat began to form on her skin after she was done.  She turned to face Eunhyuk who seemed to be deep in thought.  

"So?" she asked him.  

"Well first of all, I'm surprised that you were able to dance so confidently in front of me," he said with a smile, "Second, I think I know what is missing."  

"Then what is it?"  she asked.  Eunhyuk stood up from the bench and crossed over the room to Hyoyeon.  

"It's something that you had when I watched you dance the first time."  Hyoyeon squinted her eyes and tried to remember.  

"Can't remeber?" he asked.  After a few more seconds of thinking, Hyoyeon shook her head no.  He took a couple more steps and was now a few inches away from her. 

"Here I will give you another hint," he said with a smirk.  He then wrapped one arm around Hyoyeon's waist and pulled her closer.   Hyoyeon was surprised by the sudden interaction.  Their brown eyes locked together.  With one hand around her waist, his other hand grabbed her hand.  

"Follow my lead," he said.  Hyoyeon smiled softly and nodded her head.  He then began to lead her around the room just like he did with her in the beginning.  Gliding across the wood floor, their bodies in sync.  His hands gliding on across her skin sending shock waves through her.  A warm feeling of excitment and joy filled her body.  A fire seemed to burn within her as she dance with Eunhyuk.  After a few minutes, they both stopped and smiled at each other.  Both of them out of breath and covered in sweat.  

"There," said Eunhyuk as he pointed at her eyes, "that is what's missing in those brown eyes of yours."  Hyoyeon stared at him in confusion.   

"You are missing the passion that burns in them when you dance."  Hyoyeon's eyes went wide as she finally understood what she was missing.  

"I'm missing passion, but how can that be," said Hyoyeon.  

"Maybe it's because of your motive to dance."  

"My motive?" 

"When I first saw you dancing, your motive was to just dance and have fun with it.  Now your motive is more serious amd it's to prove me wrong of all things."  Hyoyeon nodded her head.  

"And now, when we were dancing, you were just focused on dancing and nothing else." 

"So, I just need to dance because I enjoy it and not for a specific goal."  Eunhyuk nodded his head. 

"Meaning tomorrow, don't focus on winning or focus on being the best dancer.  Just focus on dancing because you enjoy it," he said as he patted her softly on her head.  She smiled. 

"Thanks Eunhyuk," she said softly.  He smiled. 

"No problem," he said.  They both stood their and stared into each other's eyes with smiles for a few seconds.  

"I should be getting to class," said Hyoyeon.  She gave him one last smile before she stared to make her way to the door. 

"Oh, by the way, Hyoyeon," said Eunhyuk.  She stopped and turned to face him.  

"Don't have practice today after school.  You don't want to tire yourself out or accidentally injure your self.  Plus you don't need it.  I think you are more than ready for tomoroow."  Hyoyeon smiled and nodded her head.  

"Thanks again," she said before she left the dance studio with a skip in her step. 

 

Donghae, Leeteuk, Kyuhyun, Sungmin, and Sunny were all in the practice room waiting for Hyoyeon to arrive.  

"I think we should try and convince her to not practice today," said Donghae. 

"I agree, I don't want her to tire herself out," said Leeteuk. 

"Besides she has got that routine down perfectly," said Sungmin, "I don't see why she needs more practice."

"I think she is just nervous," said Sunny.  Kyuhyun stayed silent as he tapped his foot waiting for Hyoyeon to arrive.  

"You know that she is going to practice no matter how much we try to convince her not to," said Donghae. 

"Yeah, like yesterday.  It was a miracle that we were able to get her to stop," said Leeteuk.  

"Here she comes," said Sunny.  Hyoyeon entered the dance studio and all of them stared at her in surprise as she was still dressed in her jeans and t-shirt.  She walked in with a bright smile and they all stared at her wide eyed. 

"What's the matter with you guys?" she asked, "Did something happen?"

"Hyoyeon? Why aren't you dressed for practice?" asked Leeteuk.  Hyoyeon shook her head and smiled.

"I have decided to not have practice today," she said.  The room feel silent as they all stood there shocked.  

"What?" she asked. 

"We are just surprised that's all," said Sungmin. 

"We all thought that you really wanted to have practice today," said Donghae. 

"We thought we were going to have a hard time convincing you to not have practice," said Leeteuk.  

"Hyoyeon? Did something happen to change your mind?" asked Kyuhyun.  Hyoyeon looked down and smiled shyly to herself.  

"Nothing special," she said as she continued to smile.  

"Hyoyeon, do you need to fill me in on something?" asked Sunny.  

"Nope," replied Hyoyeon. 

"You better not be lying to me," warned Sunny. 

"I will tell you about it later."  Sunny nodded her head and stared hard at her friend.  

"You better."  The guys sat and stared at them in confusion.  An awkward silence then filled the room.

"Well, since practice is canceled, I'm going to head on out," said Donghae as he walked over to Hyoyeon.  He patted her on the shoulder. 

"If I don't get to see you before tomorrow's competition, Good Luck," he said.  Hyoyeon smiled and nodded her head. 

"Thanks Donghae."  He headed for the door and Leeteuk and Sungmin approached her. 

"You will be amazing tomorrow," said Sungmin. 

"Yeah, don't be nervous because you so got this," said Leeteuk. 

"Thanks guys."  Then the two of them headed for the door. 

"I will be waiting for you outside," said Sunny as she also headed for the door, leaving Hyoyeon alone with Kyuhyun.  She stared at him and could feel her palms starting to sweat.  She could not understand why she felt so nervous around him.  

"I'm really curious Hyoyeon, what made you change your mind?" Kyuhyun asked her.  

"I just figured that I shouldn't hurt myself or tire myself out," she said.  

"Okay."  Kyuhyun shrugged and walked over to her.  

"Now, don't get yourself too worked up about this competition, you are going to do great," he said with a small smile.  Hyoyeon smiled back and nodded her head.  

"I know."  With that Kyuhyun left the studio leaving Hyoyeon all alone.  She smiled to herself and then left the studio.  


Hello Everyone :)

I hope you all are having a good week!

I know its been a month, and I'm sorry....

I know that you all have been waiting patiently, but Eunhyuk is back now!

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and look forward to the next one

The dance competition is finally next :D

<3 Please comment and subscribe <3

Love you all

tumblr_mcqm9zzJBs1qjp8d7o1_500.gif

tumblr_mdd8e000i71rto225o1_500.gif

Eunhyuk, Luhan and Kai being dorks and Taemin trying to join them....