Chapter 17

Creating a Dancing Queen

"Oh my goodness, it's a love triangle," yelled Sunny as she sat on Hyoyeon's bed crossed legged.  Hyoyeon just got done telling Sunny about Kyuhyun's confession. 

"It is not," yelled Hyoyeon but her voice was muffled as she was laying on the bed next to Sunny with a pillow covering her face. 

"Come on, it totally is a love triangle."  Sunny then poked Hyoyeon's leg.   

"How is it a love triangle?" Hyoyeon still covered her face with a pillow. 

"Eunhyuk likes you.  You like Eunhyuk.  And now Kyuhyun likes you.  That is the definition of a love triangle. They usually only happen in fiction."  Hyoyeon groaned as she slowly rolled over to her side.  She pulled the pillow off her face and wrapped her arms tightly around it.  Curling her legs into a fetal position, Hyoyeon sighed and seriously had no idea what to do about this situation. 

"Why did he have to confess to me like that?" whined Hyoyeon.  Sunny patted her shoulder softly.

"It was his true feelings," said Sunny. 

"I know they are, but I wish he would have just kept them to himself or something."

"And what? Forever live an unrequited love life?  Asking a man to do that is very selfish." 

"I don't know what I'm going to do."

"Tell him the truth.  Tell him how you actually feel about him."

"But I don't want to hurt him," replied Hyoyeon quietly. 

"Is that why you left him without a response?" asked Sunny.  Hyoyeon hugged the pillow tighter as she remembered the scene from last night.  

           Flashback

"I like you," said Kyuhyun.  Hyoyeon's eyes went wide as she felt her body stiffen from his words.  Kyuhyun's eyes fell to the ground in front of him as he continued to talk. 

"Ever since we were in middle school, you were such a friendly girl and so sweet.  Even though you were an eighth grader, two years older than me, I still liked you a lot as a friend."  Hyoyeon shifted her weight nervously while Kyuhyun kept his eyes to the ground. 

"I know we lost touch once you went into high school but now things are different now and I have come to really like you Hyo."  Kyuhyun slowly lifted his head to look at her.  His eyes connected with hers.  They seemed to be filled with anticipation and hope as he quietly waited for her response.  Hyoyeon did not know how to respond.  She kept her body frozen as her mind seem to go blank.  

"If it's too much of a shock, you don't have to tell me how you feel yet.  If you need a couple days to figure out your feelings, I can wait," he said meekly.  Hyoyeon just slowly nodded her head.  Kyuhyun gave her a small smile and walked over to her.  He slowly wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into a tight hug.  

"Congrats, you really were amazing today," he said.  Hyoyeon then slowly hugged him back.  With her mind still blank from what happened, Hyoyeon still had no idea of what to say to him. 

          End Flashback

"I did not know what to say, my mind went completely blank.  I feel so horrible," whined Hyoyeon as she pulled the pillow over her face again in shame. 

"I was wondering why you two came into the restaurant with such an awkwardness," said Sunny, "You both were so quiet."

"I still have no idea what to do," mumbled Hyoyeon. 

"I told you, just tell him the truth."

"Even if it hurts him?" 

"Yes, even if it hurts him."

"But, I don't want to hurt him, he is a good friend."

"You still like Eunhyuk right?" 

"I don't know."

"Yah, what do you mean by 'you don't know'?" Sunny then smacked Hyoyeon.  "The other day, I saw the way you reacted around him."

"I just don't know." Sunny looked at her friend in pity and sighed. 

"Well, let me give you some advice.  Figure out your feelings as soon as possible."

"Why as soon as possible?"

"Or else you are going to seriously hurt both of them."  Hyoyeon pulled the pillow tightly into her chest.  Hurting just one of them was going to be painful, but both?  How was she going to figure out her feelings?

 

Finally back at school, Hyoyeon walked down the hallway with dread.  She did not want to run into Kyuhyun at all today.  With his confession everything has changed and Hyoyeon doesn't know how to act around him anymore. 

With her arms wrapped tightly in front of her chest, Hyoyeon walked slowly with a million thoughts racing through her mind.  

She rounded the corner of the hallway and walked up to her locker.  Twirling her combo, she opened her locker door and a yellow piece of paper fell out of it.   Hyoyeon looked at it with curiosity as she bent down to pick it up from the floor.  Flipping it over, her eyes widened as the words "Go to Hell " were written in bold letters and in red pen.  Quickly, she crumpled it up in her hands and looked over her shoulder.  With her heart beating quickly, her eyes darted up and down the hallway behind her trying to see if she could figure out who put it there.  

Hyoyeon then felt a hand land on her shoulder.  She jumped a little bit and turned to find Donghae right next to her.  His eyes looked at her in confusion. 

"Good morning Hyoyeon, is everything okay?" he asked.  Hyoyeon slowly nodded her head as she moved her hand with the paper behind her back. 

"Yeah, everything is fine.  Why do you ask?" she said while trying to give him a relaxed smile. 

"You look like you just got done watching a horror movie or something."

"No, you just startled me a little that's all."  Donghae just nodded her head while he still seemed kind of suspicious of her. 

"Okay, well how are you feeling today? Sore at all?"  Hyoyeon shook her head. 

"I'm feeling pretty good, not sore really at all." Hyoyeon turned back to her locker and started to swap out some of her books. She also quickly threw the yellow piece of paper in there before Donghae could see it.  

"That's good."  

"Good morning Hyoyeon," sang Leeteuk as him, Eunhyuk, Sungmin, and Sunny walked over to her and Donghae.

"Good morning," replied Hyoyeon with a small smile.

"Yah, you greet her but you won't greet me," said Donghae.  

"Nope, you are not special enough," said Sungmin.  Donghae glared at Sungmin. 

"Why you little," said Donghae as he walked over to Sungmin and pulled him to a headlock. 

"Yah, Donghae, let me go," said Sungmin. 

"Not until you tell me 'good morning'," said Donghae. 

"No way."

"Good morning Donghae," said Sunny with a smile and Donghae smiled back.

"Good morning Sunny.  See your girlfriend knows how to be polite unlike you."  Sungmin just glared at Donghae. 

"Donghae, could you please let my boyfriend go," pleaded Sunny with a sweet smile.  Donghae just nodded his head and then released Sungmin. 

"Anything for you Sunny," said Donghae.  Sungmin stood back up straight and rubbed his sore neck.  

"You okay?" asked Sunny.  Sungmin slowly nodded his head. 

"Wait, did I just hear that right?" asked Hyoyeon.  Everyone looked over to her while she looked at Sunny and Sungmin in confusion. 

"You two are dating now?" she asked.  Sunny smiled shyly and slowly nodded her head.  "Since when?"

"The day of the competition," replied Sungmin. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" asked Hyoyeon as she looked right at Sunny who just shrugged. 

"We were busy talking about other things," said Sunny as she emphasized "other things."  Hyoyeon's eyes fell the floor.  She felt bad for not paying enough attention to Sunny. 

"Hyoyeon, it's okay.  I was going to tell you today," said Sunny as she walked over to her and gave Hyoyeon a small hug. 

"Tell me the details later?" Hyoyeon whispered in Sunny's ear.  

"Of course," replied Sunny with a smile and she walked back over to hold hands with Sungmin.  

"So how are you today?" Eunhyuk asked Hyoyeon. She was about to respond but Leeteuk interrupted her.  

"Ah, Kyuhyun," yelled Leeteuk.  Hyoyeon froze at the sound of his name. Kyuhyun was walking up the hallway towards them.  She kept her gaze away from him and Sunny watched her with concern. 

"Hey guys," said Kyuhyun as he joined their little circle.  

"Are you feeling any better?" asked Donghae.  Hyoyeon looked over at him.  'He was sick?' wondered Hyoyeon.  Kyuhyun just slowly nodded his head. 

"A little bit, but I still have a bad cough."  Hyoyeon then looked back down at the ground.  The bell rang and everyone in the hallways started to make their way to class. 

"Well, I guess it's time to part ways," said Donghae, "Let's get going to class Sungmin."  He then walked over, grabbed Sungmin, and dragged him down the hallway with him to class before Sungmin could say goodbye to Sunny. 

"Well, I guess I will just see him later," mumbled Sunny with a pout.  

"Shall we get going too Eunhyuk?" asked Leeteuk.  Eunhyuk nodded his head and then took a couple steps towards Hyoyeon. 

"See you at lunch?" he asked.  Hyoyeon slowly nodded her head and Eunhyuk smiled at her.  He then ruffled his hand through her messy bangs and Hyoyeon slowly smiled.  Eunhyuk then winked at her and started his way down the hallway with Leeteuk.  Now it was just her, Sunny, and Kyuhyun.  Hyoyeon slowly looked over at Kyuhyun as he was staring at her with some saddness in his eyes.  Her smile disappeared instantly and an awkward silence was growing between them. 

"Hyoyeon, let's get going to class," said Sunny as she grabbed Hyoyeon's hand while trying to rescue her dear friend from this awkward situation.  "Bye Kyuhyun," Sunny said before she started to walk with Hyoyeon quickly to their class.  

"I take that as a sign that you haven't talked to him yet," whispered Sunny once they were far away from Kyuhyun.  

"Sunny, I still don't know how I can face him.  Every single time I look at him, my heart begins to break."

"Hyoyeon, you have to do something."

"I know Sunny, I know."

 

It was finally lunch time, and Hyoyeon was dreading every moment of it.  She was probably going to see Kyuhyun again and that made her really nervous.  

"So have you decided yet?" asked Sunny.  They were standing in line, waiting for food. 

"It only has been a couple hours," replied Hyoyeon.  Sunny sighed. 

"Meaning that you haven't decided yet."

"Sorry."

"You shouldn't be apologizing to me."

"I know."

After they both got their, food they went to a table and sat down. 

"And when were you going to tell me that you were dating Sungmin?" asked Hyoyeon.  Sunny gave her a shy smile and looked down at her food. 

"I was going to tell you last night, but it didn't seem like the right time with you being upset over Kyhyun."  

"You still should have told me."

"I know, and I'm sorry Hyoyeon."

"It's okay."

"Hey guys," greeted Leeteuk as him and Donghae sat down next to Hyoyeon.  Right behind them came Eunhyuk, Sungmin, and Kyuhyun.  Hyoyeon looked over at Kyuhyun and noticed his tired eyes and depressed looking face.  Her heart ached and she felt bad.  

"What's up guys," said Sungmin with a bright smile as he sat down next to Sunny.  Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk both then sat down next to each other across from Hyoyeon.  She then looked down at her food, to avoid eye contact with both of them. 

"How was your day so far babe?" Sungmin asked Sunny with a smile on his face.  Donghae, Leeteuk, and Eunhyuk all rolled their eyes.  Sunny smiled and Hyoyeon watched their intereaction. 

"It was pretty good so far," replied Sunny.  Sungmin then wrapped one arm around Sunny and she snuggled herself underneath. They looked so cute and it made Hyoyeon almost envious.  To have someone care about you like that, it is envious.  She snuck a peak at Eunhyuk who was staring at her.  He smiled and Hyoyeon quickly looked back down at her food.  She could feel her cheeks starting to heat up a little bit. 

"That's good to hear." 

"You two are disgusting," mumbled Donghae as he gave them an annoyed look.

"You are just jealous Donghae," said Sungmin.  Jealous.  Hyoyeon was actually feeling jealous.  Seeing them like that did make her envious.  It probably made everyone envious.  

Envious that they had each other. 

Hyoyeon then stood up from the table with her food left untouched.  Everyone looked at her in confusion.

"Hyoyeon?" asked Sunny. 

"Sorry, don't feel like eating today," said Hyoyeon and she quickly grabbed her tray, leaving her friends before they could say a word to her.  She walked swiftly away from them with a weird feeling in her stomach.  She couldn't take it sitting at that table anymore so she decided to leave.  

 

The end of the school day finally came and Hyoyeon was back at her locker again.  She opened it and found another note in her locker.  She froze as her eyes stared at the white piece of paper. 

"What is it this time?" mumbled Hyoyeon as she grabbed the piece of paper and opened it slowly.  

"Come to the Dance Studio after school."

Hyoyeon stared at it with curiosity.  It doesn't seem threatening.  She then became lost in thought.  Maybe it's a trap.  Maybe they were planning on beating her up like Suzy and Fei did in the locker room.  Hyoyeon shook her head and crumpled up the note in her hand.  Her heart was starting to race as she quickly put her stuff away in her locker.  Slamming it shut, she was debating about going to the dance studios or not.  Part of her was curious to find out who was putting the notes in her locker, but part of her was also scared.  

Taking a slow deep breath, Hyoyeon walked her way to the dance studios.  Her curiosity triumped over her fears.   She walked down the long hallway with her stomach in knots.  She approached one of the studios and slowly peered inside.  She saw a figure standing in the middle of the room.  Slowly turning the door knob, Hyoyeon walked into the studio.


Hey Guys, 

So I know it has been a while but here is the next update.  

I wonder who was the person who wanted to meet with Hyoyeon in the studio?

Also, today marks the day that my story is a year old :)

Well then, have a nice day!