Chapter 8

Creating a Dancing Queen

Hyoyeon was staring off into space during her first class.  The teacher was rambling on about shakespeare or something like that.  The image of Suzy and Eunhyuk kept on flashing through her mind.  No matter how hard she tried, she could not seem to forget it. 

"Hyoyeon?" She shook her head and looked over to Sunny. 

"Class is over," said Sunny.  Hyoyeon looked around and people were packing up their bags leaving the room. 

"Oh, sorry, was lost in thought," said Hyoyeon.  Sunny stared at her with pity as she watched Hyoyeon pack up her bag. 

"You okay?" asked Sunny. 

"Do I look like I'm okay?" Hyoyeon slung her backpack over her shoulder and walked to the entrance of the classroom with Sunny following right behind her.  She was angry, sad, and most of all hurt. 

"I know that you are hurt Hyoyeon."  Sunny placed her hand on Hyoyeon's shoulder and rubbed it soothingly.  They walked slowly down the hallway to their next class.  

"You know what hurts the most," said Hyoyeon, "That I was thinking about confessing to him too."

"I know."  They continued to walk down the hallway in silence.  Sunny, unsure of what to say to comfort her friend and Hyoyeon, who could not stop thinking of Eunhyuk.  As they were walking, Hyoyeon became lost in thought again and bumped into someone on accident. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry," said Hyoyeon, "I was not watching where I was going."  She then realized that the guy she ran into was Donghae. He was standing with Sungmin and Kyuhyun. 

"No problem," he said with a smile and a shrug.  

"I am guessing that you fixed your own problem?" he asked as his eyes flicked to Sunny. 

"Um yeah I did. Thanks for your advice," replied Hyoyeon. Sunny cleared to get Hyoyeon's attention. 

"Oh sorry, Sunny this is Donghae, he is one of Eunhyuk's friends," said Hyoyeon. 

"Nice to meet you," said Sunny as she stretched out her hand to him.  He took and shook it with a smile. 

"You too, and this is Sungmin and Kyuhyun," said Donghae as he gestured to his two other friends.  

"So you guys are all close with Eunhyuk?" asked Sunny.  All three of them nodded their heads. 

"So these were the guys you were sitting with while you were ditching me at lunch?" Sunny asked Hyoyeon as she squinted her eyes at her.  Hyoyeon just smiled shyly and nodded her head. 

"Oh, sorry, I guess we didn't realize someone was feeling left out," said Donghae, "You guys are welcome to sit with us at lunch."

Hyoyeon was about to agree until she thought about Eunhyuk and Suzy again.  They might be at their table.

"Ah no, hate to decline, but I think we will pass on your offer," said Hyoyeon.  

"You sure?" asked Donghae. 

"Yeah."

"Okay then, I will see you around Hyoyeon and Sunny," said Donghae.  Sungmin and Kyuhyun both nodded their heads at Sunny and Hyoyeon before they left down the hallway with Donghae. 

"How come you did not tell me that you were sitting with hotties?" whined Sunny as she grabbed and pulled on Hyoyeon's ear playfully.  Hyoyeon smiled. 

"Sorry, I did not realize that they were hot."

"Are you blind, they were gorgeous!"  

"Come on let's get to class."  Hyoyeon grabbed Sunny and dragged her down the hallway to their next class.

 

The day was finally over and Hyoyeon had managed to go the entire day without seeing Eunhyuk and Suzy.  She quickly walked to her locker and rapidly packed her bag with the night's homework.  

"Why are you in such a rush?"  She closed her locker door and turned to find Suzy behind her.  And standing behind her was Eunhyuk.  Her stomach dropped when her eyes met his for a split second. He then quickly looked away. 

"Just need to get home," said Hyoyeon. 

"What do you want Suzy," snapped Sunny as she appeared out of nowhere next to Hyoyeon. 

"Nothing, just wanted to come and say hi," said Suzy as she smirked at them. 

"Well now that you are done, we should get going," said Sunny as she looped Hyoyeon's arm with hers. 

"Not so fast," said Suzy as she held up a hand in front of them. 

"What is it now?" whined Sunny.  Suzy shot her a glare. 

"I have a question for Hyoyeon.  Are you going to be competing in the dance competition coming up?"  Hyoyeon widened her eyes and shot a glance at Eunhyuk.  He stayed silent and still did not look at Hyoyeon. 

"Not sure, what's it to you?" asked Hyoyeon. 

"I was just a little curious thats all," said Suzy, "I want to know all of my competition."

"Now you done?" snapped Sunny. Suzy glared at her again. 

"Yes, I'm done," said Suzy, "Come on Eunhyuk." 

She then walked down the hallway.  Eunhyuk started after her, but stopped next to Hyoyeon. He did not turn to face her and looked straight ahead when he spoke

"I am going to need my bag back.  The one I gave you a while ago."  Hyoyeon just slowly nodded her head. He then left after Suzy. 

"Man, can she be more of a ?" asked Sunny.  Her eyes were then filled with concern when she turned to face Hyoyeon. 

"You okay?"

"Yeah." Sunny then patted Hyoyeon lightly on the shoulder.

"What did Eunhyuk mean by his bag?" asked Sunny. 

"It's the bag he gave me with a change of clothes in it for dancing."

"Do you have it?"

"Not at the moment."

"Why don't you?"

"Someone took it from me."

"Let me guess, does it start with a S and ends with ?" 

Hyoyeon slowly nodded her head.  She then began to wonder how she was going to be able to get that bag back from Suzy. 

 


I know that this is yet another update, but since it's Sunny's birthday today!

I decided that I should just release the next chapter in honor of her birthday :)

tumblr_mmv92ivSIc1reze28o1_500.jpg

Thanks for reading my story!

Don't forget to subscribe and leave comments below!

Have a nice day :)