Color 7

Irises Collage

Finally i am able to update by this week. Let's hope i can update every week like this :) or maybe twice a week. \o/

 

 

“This is ridiculous.” Hyunwoo said in his signature cold and flat tone. He covered his chiseled face with one hand, too embarrassed to watch Dongwoon and Kikwang doing some Abracadabra moves near the television in the noraebang room.

 

 

On the sofa next to him, Yoseob was up on his feet, swaying his hips left and right, doing the finger motions. His lips were puckered, as he rolled his head following the group of woman singing and dancing on the screen. Hyunwoo massaged his temples; his head could not keep up with the raucous boys and their ridiculous acts. He was a senior agent in one of the most secretive and elite military forces, but how on earth did he get stuck here with all of these chaos? His head pounded, the absolutely dangerous mission he got in Cambodia looked like child’s play compared to everything that went on in this noraebang room.

 

 

The sofa moved rhythmically as Yoseob swayed and danced on it, creating an almost nauseating movement – something like sea sick, but worse – and Hyunwoo groaned. He was this close to throwing all the three catastrophes to the floor and shut them up.

 

 

“Ireoda michyeo naega… Yeoriyeori chakhadeon geureon naega… Yah! Ahjussi!!!” Yoseob screamed and jumped up and down n the sofa, trying to get some attention from the much older man who was busy sulking alone.

 

 

Hyunwoo finally groaned aloud and growled, unable to keep in on himself any longer. “This is ridiculous!” He stood up from the sofa and walked straight to the door of the noraebang room, ignoring screams of ‘Ahjussi!! Ahjussi!! Noo!! Nooo!!’ from an absolutely amused Yang Yoseob.

 

 

“Dongwoonah, quick! Block the door! Ahjussi is getting away!” Yoseob was screaming across the room, laughing hysterically at the irritated Hyunwoo.

 

 

Hyunwoo went straight to the door, but Dongwoon was quicker – young people and their quick reflexes – and the younger man blocked the door fully with his body. He smiled to Hyunwoo, eyes forming into two crescent moons, “Hyung-nim, let’s have fun! Kikwang Hyung here is a good dancer, he can show you his American Dance! Kikwang Hyung!”

 

 

“Yeah! You wanna see my moves, Hyung-nim?” Suddenly Kikwang was already next to Dongwoon, two bodies blocking the door. “Do you dance, Hyung-nim?” Hyunwoo would not even break a sweat taking down two guys in order for him to get to the door, but the hopeful shine in Kikwang’s eyes melted Hyunwoo’s heart a little – just a tiny bit little.

 

 

With a sigh, Hyunwoo relaxed his standing position and walked back, assuming his previous sitting position, looking straight at a positively beaming Yoseob standing on the sofa. “Ahjusssssiiiii!! Where are you going? You don’t like noraebang singing?”

 

 

“No.” Hyunwoo answered curtly.

 

 

Yoseob pouted, “Then why are you here?”

 

 

Hyunwoo shot him an incredulous look, “You called me up! You said there was an emergency and I was supposed to come and help you out and when I arrived here you were singing and dancing merrily with Kikwang and Dongwoon. Where is the emergency?” He motioned to the screen, “And this – this group… what are they called again?”

 

 

“Brown Eyed Girls…” Kikwang and Dongwoon murmured together helpfully.

 

 

“Yeah,” Hyunwoo continued, “This Brown Eyed Girls… none of them have brown eyes, so why are they called the Brown Eyed Girls? Oh my god, this is ridiculous!”

 

 

Yoseob laughed, loud and bright, ignoring Hyunwoo completely. “Ahjussi let’s have some fun! You police are all work and no play, it makes you a boring Hyunwoo! Okay, now sing something. What song would you want to sing? Let’s have you sing us something.” Yoseob was stuffing the microphone into Hyunwoo’s hand.

 

 

Hyunwoo was at a loss of words, he pushed the microphone away but Yoseob was way too insistent for his own good, and coupled with the younger man’s puppy eyes, Hyunwoo finally relented. He sighed loudly and took the microphone from an obviously ecstatic young man. Yoseob was smiling so widely Hyunwoo was afraid his face would split into two.

 

 

“What song, Hyung-nim?”

 

 

Hyunwoo shot Yoseob a last look before Kim Gun Mo’s The Moon of Seoul played in the noraebang room. Suddenly the room went quiet as all three young men sat on the sofa, forgetting any plan to get noisy as they focused on watching Hyunwoo whose eyes were tightly glued to the screen.

 

 

“Don’t you want to stand up?” Yoseob quipped and Hyunwoo glared at the idol star. Immediately Kikwang and Dongwoon slapped their Hyung hard on the thigh. “Yoseobah, be quiet. Hyung-nim is about to start.” Kikwang scolded Yoseob with a hushed voice.

 

 

Tonight, I saw that the moon was dark.

You too, you are as lonely as me.

I have to live with this empty heart.

 

 

Yoseob widened his eyes in excitement – he really loved this song and oh my God, Ahjussi’s voice was the best. He wondered if Hyunwoo went out a lot with his friends to sing. Yoseob sulked a little at that thought. Kikwang’s mouth was wide open, Dongwoon was gaping when Hyunwoo hit every note perfectly.

 

 

I’m lying in this room and thinking about it.

Another day ends in the sigh and cigarette smoke.

It seems that our love is adrift.

 

 

Yoseob was perfectly doing his puppy eyes towards Hyunwoo. He was totally mesmerized as he stared at the older man singing every word on the screen. Yoseob was captivated and he was in no way trying to hide it.

 

 

The moon is low in the sky, and is reflected in my glass.

I have to leave tonight.

Tonight I saw that the moon was dark.

 

 

As Hyunwoo continued singing, Kikwang nudged Yoseob, “Yah, Yoseobah… Is Hyung-nim a singer or something?” Yoseob shook his head and asked back, “He is good, isn’t he?”

 

 

“Um.” Kikwang nodded and there was a swell of pride in Yoseob’s chest at Kikwang’s answer.

 

 

“Maybe he often went to this kind of noraebang with his friends, Hyung.” Dongwoon quipped nonchalantly as he continued staring at Hyunwoo. If looks could kill, Dongwoon would be a heap of soulless meat on the floor right now from the way Yoseob was looking murderously at the magnae.

 

 

You too, you’re as lonely as me.

I have to live with an empty heart.

And I have to live with sad memories.

 

 

Flashes of Yoogun and Sooyeon uninvitedly played in front of Hyunwoo’s eyes. In that bit of moment, Hyunwoo finally realized that he was just an onlooker into the relationship Yoogun and Sooyeon had built, there was never a place for anyone else, never a place for him.

 

 

And I have to live with this empty heart.

 

 

Silence filled the noraebang room when the song ended before the next song played on the screen. Tunes of Gangnam Style started playing but Hyunwoo was more than ready to bolt out of the room. He quickly took his jacket from the couch and went out of the room when everyone was still quiet.

 

 

When Hyunwoo reached the road outside of the noraebang building, he inhaled as much air as he could, filling his lungs with the cool air of spring. It was a chilly night and he cursed himself for riding his bicycle instead of his car and this was of course Yoseob’s fault because he was too much in a hurry and was worried sick when the young man called him telling him about an absolute emergency. Since the place was nearby, he skipped the trouble of getting his car from the parking lot and going through some traffic, instead he went straight for his bike.

 

 

Wrong choice because it looked like it was going to rain thunderstorm at any moment.

 

 

“Aish, .” Hyunwoo cursed loudly as he took his bike out from the parking lot. He sighed, “, why did I come here in the first place anyway. , and I didn’t even scream at him for fooling me. I should have done some damages to that rascal.” He growled in irritation and handled his precious bike roughly.

 

 

“What damages?”

 

 

Hyunwoo jumped from his spot and turned around so fast his head spun. Yoseob was standing behind him calmly, his face was hidden by the yellow smiley mask and his red cap was low on his head – practically Yang Yoseob’s whole face could not be seen. A backpack was firmly hung on his back. Yoseob was ready to go. “Ahjussi, what damages?”

 

 

Hyunwoo scanned the young man up and down several times, “Are you going somewhere?”

 

 

“Uh-huh.” Yoseob nodded, “I’m going with you.”

 

 

“I’m going back home.” Hyunwoo said indifferently, “Go home, Kid. Or go back to your friends inside.” He motioned to the noraebang building with his head as he pulled his bike onto the road.

 

 

“Then send me home, too. Woonie and Kwangie are both on their way home already, I cannot go back inside.” Yoseob shivered and shoved both of his hands into his pockets, “Aish, it’s so cold.”

 

 

Hyunwoo mounted his bike, “I’m riding a one-seater bike. I can’t send you home, kid. Get a cab.” He narrowed his eyes suspiciously at Yoseob, “You are a super famous idol, don’t you have your manager to drive you around? Your manager knows you are here?” Yoseob shook his head no and from the crescent form eyes, Hyunwoo knew the young man was grinning behind his mask.

 

 

“Oh my God, you are going to be the death of me one day. Get a cab home.” Hyunwoo shooed Yoseob away, but instead of leaving the agent alone, Yoseob got on, standing precariously on the small protruding metal bars on the rear wheels and holding tightly onto Hyunwoo’s shoulders.

 

 

Hyunwoo was not angry anymore, he was more afraid for Yoseob’s safety, “Yah! What are you doing? Get off! It’s dangerous. Oh , seriously get off. I’m not doing this with you.”

 

 

“Why! This is perfectly fine for me. I need a ride home, my manager is out to visit his family and he will kill me if I’m not home when he comes back. Please… Ahjussi…”

 

 

“Get a cab.”

 

 

“I cannot get a cab… most of the cabs around here know my sasaengs, so… they cannot know who I am and where I live.”

 

 

“Dongwoon and Kikwang?”

 

 

Yoseob pouted and sulked, “They are off for a date, I don’t feel like being a light bulb today.”

 

 

“Then why are you singing in a noraebang in the first place? Don’t you have your world stages if you want to sing?”

 

 

Yoseob sighed, broken and tired, “I just want to be normal, singing like a crazy man in the noraebang. All of my singer peers had done this noraebang thing before and I just want to know…”

 

 

Defeated, Hyunwoo sighed, “Okay, fine. Hug my shoulders properly.” The older man took Yoseob’s hands and guided them around his broad shoulders. “Hold me tight okay, just hope we don’t run into any cops tonight.” Yoseob bent down slightly and hugged Hyunwoo from behind, burrowing his face into the space between his folded hands and the agent’s head to break the night wind blowing on his face as Hyunwoo started going.

 

 

“Ahjussi! This is so fun! Can we do this again next time?” Yoseob shrieked in excitement.

 

 

“What? Of course not! I’m breaking so many rules right now for you it’s not even funny anymore!”

 

 

“But this is so fun! Woohooooo!”

 

 

“Get your own damn bike!” Hyunwoo scolded the overexcited young man who was not done giggling against the side of his head. He pedaled faster just because he had a feeling it would rain heavily soon and Yoseob hugged him tighter.

 

 

And true enough, just a few minutes away from Yoseob’s apartment, the sky started crying, big fat drops onto the earth. “Aish, !” Hyunwoo cursed as the drops of water started hitting both of them in rapid succession.

 

 

“… …” Hyunwoo abruptly stopped pedaling and went under an awning of a roadside store for cover. He asked Yoseob to get off.

 

 

“No, I don’t want to get off here. It’s raining!” Yoseob refused to let go and stayed glued to the agent’s back.

 

 

“Just get off for a while. Please.”

 

 

Yoseob grumbled but obliged nonetheless as he let Hyunwoo go and stepped down from the bike. Hyunwoo took his jacket off and swiftly put it on Yoseob. “Here, wear this. It’s going to be really cold and we don’t want you to get sick.” The older man zipped it up to Yoseob’s nose and pulled his cap even lower. Yoseob was drowning live in the jacket, the sleeves were too long and the hem of the jacket almost hit the younger man’s mid thighs.

 

 

Hyunwoo let out a relieved breath, “Okay, that’s done.” He was back on his bike and motioned for Yoseob to get on, “Come on, we should get you back before the rain gets heavier.”

 

 

Yoseob did not move from his spot, absolutely overwhelmed by Hyunwoo’s scent. “We can just wait for a while… Eat something first…”

 

 

Hyunwoo shook his head determinedly, “No, we should get you back immediately. The rain will only get heavier. Come on Kid, hop on.”

 

 

Yoseob really did not want to reach his home so early because that meant he would need to give the jacket back and he kind of liked Hyunwoo’s scent. “We can wait for a while. Why are you riding a bike anyway? You have a car.”

 

 

“Look.” Hyunwoo glared at the bratty young man, “I was in a hurry when you called about the emergency, hence the bike.” He pointed on the white-chassis bike with his chin. “And this is your fault, Yang Yoseob. So just get on the bike now.” Hyunwoo was mentally patting himself on the back for being so rational and calm at this point of time.

 

 

At Hyunwoo’s comment about everything being Yoseob’s fault, the young man finally moved away from the awning and hopped on the bike. He hugged the older man tightly around the shoulder and off they went in the rain.

 

 

The rain was crazy and Yoseob knew that both of them were drenched to the bones, more so for Hyunwoo because his jacket was on Yoseob, but the young man was strangely happy right now. He felt so normal and Ahjussi was unexpectedly warm and comfortable. It made Yoseob want to snuggle. Hyunwoo in flesh and blood was much much much better than Yoseob’s Hyunnie – the teddy – currently sleeping on Yoseob’s bed (because it was already so late, of course Hyunnie – teddy – would be tired already). Yoseob hugged tighter as Hyunwoo pedaled faster, relishing the way Hyunwoo’s muscles moved underneath him.

 

 

“Okay, we’re here.”

 

 

Yoseob did not move.

 

   

Hyunwoo shrugged his shoulders a little, did Yoseob sleep on him? “Yah Kid, we’re here.”

 

 

“Huh?”

 

 

Hyunwoo chuckled at the disoriented young man, “We are here. You can un-hug me now.”

 

 

Slowly Yoseob released Hyunwoo and stepped off the bike, a little disoriented because he was missing the warmth and comfort already. The rain was still pouring down like the sky was crying buckets. It showed no sign of dissipating and from the dark and thick clouds, Yoseob could only predict that the rain would get heavier as the night went on.

 

 

Yoseob could not take his eyes away from the drenched older man – a drenched Hyunwoo looked absolutely amazing. Droplets of water slid from his chiseled jaws and chin, the navy shirt was plastered on hard and athletic body, Hyunwoo’s hair was swept to the side, leaving a full view of his masculine face. It was an absolutely delicious sight, except for the blue lips. Hyunwoo was freezing his off.

 

 

“Ahjussi, do you want to come in for a while?” Yoseob offered, worried of what was going to happen because Hyunwoo needed to ride back to his place. And now Yoseob felt really bad – it was too late to feel bad but at least he felt bad at some point of time. He should learn to stop being selfish.

 

 

Hyunwoo shook his head, ready to ride back. “No, go inside. It’s raining and it’s ing cold here. You’ll get sick.”

 

 

Yoseob was about to his jacket when Hyunwoo pedaled away, “Keep the jacket on!” The older man shouted without looking back.

 

 

Yoseob was gaping at Hyunwoo’s remark and then he smiled and he grinned. He grinned so wide and bright that his face hurt. And before Hyunwoo fully disappeared from his view, he called out, “Ahjussiiiiii waiiittt!!”

 

 

Hyunwoo stopped abruptly and turned back only to see a blurry figure running in full speed towards him, and then Yoseob collided against his body roughly. Yoseob was hugging Hyunwoo really tightly, again, squeezing the much bigger man into his arms and instinctively, Yoseob kissed the older man on the cheek.

 

 

“I am sorry for the trouble. Go home safe, text me when you reach home.” Yoseob said breathlessly with shining eyes and a wide smile on his face. He kissed another cheek a few seconds too long before quickly running off to the apartment.

 

 

“I’ll text you later!” Hyunwoo called out, an unusually big smile on his face. Yoseob continued running without looking back, but he knew the young man heard him all right.

 

 

Hyunwoo laughed and shook his head. He was going insane, he would never do something like this, sending a kid home riding a bike in the middle of a small thunderstorm, without a jacket on because the kid was wearing the said jacket. He was going to be ill all week now.

 

 

But he did not even care.

 

 

He did not even feel cold.

 

 

Maybe because the hug was warm.

 

 

But maybe because all he could feel now was soft lips pressing against his cheeks.

 

 

The smile on his face that night was a direct opposite to the crying sky.