Color 22

Irises Collage

First of all, i want to aplogize for not updating last week. Second of all, i want to apologize because it seems like the plot is getting awry because whatever i have planned is ruined because iris 2 plot is stupid and there is not definitive cause and so i cannot have a definitive solution and everything is ruined. anyways i am very sorry if this series is going down the hill and i understand if you want to stop reading now. it's not too late okaes :) 

 

thank you for every comment. i read every single one of them and love them. thirdly i apologize for not replying, i am trying to scrape for time, but i always always read each and every comment. i love you all. and i hope you continue to love me too <333 lols i am totally killing myself taking the iris plot haha! actually im quite scared of the bricks you guys are gonna throw at me this time. lols!

 

 

 

 

 

Hyunwoo found himself sitting inside an informal interrogation room. Three sides were made of sturdy grey metal, cold and heartless. One side was made of transparent glass, facing directly onto the NSS office where the team sat in their own stations. Choi Min, the NSS Deputy Director, standing right in behind the transparent glass, hands crossed in front of her body – a defensive posture.

 

 

Sooyeon sat across Hyunwoo, both of them separated by a steel table, guilt written clearly on her face. Since the second she entered the room, not once she has met Hyunwoo’s eyes. It was as if she could not bear to look at Hyunwoo’s face.

 

 

“What is this about?” Hyunwoo started, “If you brought me here, you need to tell me what this is about.”   

 

 

Sooyeon fixed her gaze at the spot on the wall above Hyunwoo’s left shoulder, unable to see the man eye to eye as she asked, “By any chance, when Baek San caught me, did you shoot me on purpose?”

 

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

 

“You lied about losing your ID card. Did you give it to IRIS instead?” Sooyeon looked up to meet Hyunwoo’s eyes, her heart was racing because she did not want to do this. She believed Hyunwoo did not do any of this. Guilt quickly took over as fast as the words came out of .

 

 

“Ji Sooyeon.” Hyunwoo trailed off, “How could you…” Hyunwoo’s face crumpled as he tried to school his expressions, but his eyes did not lie. Betrayal, hurt, anger, sadness… they shone so clearly from Hyunwoo’s eyes.

 

 

After everything… after everything Hyunwoo had done for Sooyeon. The guilt of shooting her that had burdened him all this while, the cheering up during Team Leader Jung’s disappearance, the confession… Hyunwoo had always put her first in everything and this caused so much misunderstanding and hurt for Yoseob. His Yoseob… who was the victim of everything.

 

 

He had been so devoted to her and his work all the same. He had worked hard and faced all dangers because he took his job seriously, because he dedicated his life to his work. He even lied about his work to the love of his life; his fights with Yoseob often stemmed from his work, often not coming home for a few days or not available on his phone.

 

 

All of those… to be suspected as a double agent.

 

 

To be suspected as the enemy.

 

 

Shih Hyuk was shuffled inside the room as Sooyeon pushed her chair back and got up to leave. Hyunwoo watched her leave. He could not believe this was happening.

 

 

Shih Hyuk took the seat which was previously occupied by Sooyeon, across Hyunwoo. He stared at Hyunwoo belligerently and the older man felt like punching Shih Hyuk’s face in and pounded him onto the floor.

 

 

“Do you know why we are in here now?” Shih Hyuk said in an absolutely faked low voice. Hyunwoo scoffed internally.

 

 

Shih Hyuk leaned forward and sighed dramatically, “Is it you? An IRIS spy hiding inside the NSS.”

 

 

Hyunwoo stared at the other agent intensely, the pretentious intimidating games played by Shih Hyuk was not going to work on him. Hyunwoo said calmly, “If you are going to talk trash, just keep your mouth shut.”

 

 

“I think we are both suspects. If it’s not me…”Shih Hyuk looked at Hyunwoo challengingly, “then it should be you.”

 

 

“I told you to shut up.”

 

 

“I guess you must have something to hide. You keep telling me to shut up.” Shih Hyuk provoked and Hyunwoo could not take it anymore as he pulled Shih Hyuk up by the collar of his jacket. He was angry and this guy was trash talking.

 

 

He was so angry with himself. Angry because he made a fool out of himself for Sooyeon, for NSS. Angry because he had disappointed Yoseob, because he had hurt the younger man so many times just to be suspected as the enemy. Angry because he had been so dedicated to the wrong things that he sacrificed Yoseob’s happiness in the process. Angry because… he was so angry to everything, but mostly to himself.

 

 

Sooyeon and the Director came in at the moment, while Shih Hyuk was manhandled out by two officers and the Director followed him out.

 

 

Slowly, Sooyeon approached the now unoccupied seat across Hyunwoo and sat down with a sigh. Hyunwoo was doing breathing exercises that Yoseob always did whenever the younger man was angry with him.

 

 

Close your eyes…

 

 

Breathe in…

 

 

Breathe out…

 

 

Breathe in…

 

 

Count to ten…

 

 

Breathe out…  

 

 

“Hyunwoo-yah…” Sooyeon started, “I had no idea I would be interrogating you for something like this. I believe that it wasn’t you, but since I’m in charge of your interrogation, even if it hurts, I need your cooperation.”

 

 

Hyunwoo looked at the woman in front of him, the woman he had intensely loved, the woman he had desperately protected, the woman he had significantly put first in a lot of times. And now she did not even believe in him. Hyunwoo had disappointed Yoseob a lot of times, had hurt him numerous times, had fought with him countless of times, but the younger man stayed by his side, believing whatever Hyunwoo had said, even though he might have lied through his teeth about some things.

 

 

He could not believe how big of a fool he had been.

 

 

“I’m going to begin.” Sooyeon said. Hyunwoo closed his eyes and started Yoseob’s anger management breathing exercises.

 

 

“Since when? Was it before or after you joined the NSS?” Sooyeon asked.

 

 

“When do you think it was?” Hyunwoo asked back, growing more and more angry at himself.

 

 

Sooyeon sighed and continued, “I’m going to start from the church incident. Are there more emergency protocols which utilize NSS agent’s family members?”

 

 

Hyunwoo could not believe his ears. He thought he had gone crazy and hearing things, but sadly he did hear everything correctly. Sooyeon even went further to accuse him using her brother’s church as a meeting point, which resulted in Sooyeon’s brother death due to an open fire. He could not believe she was asking him such a low question.

 

 

“Do you think I told IRIS that it was your brother’s church?”

 

 

“Don’t be like this.” Sooyeon snapped. “If you don’t cooperate, it’ll be to your disadvantages.”

 

 

Hyunwoo did not even blink as he said, “I guess it’s really easy for you. How could you do this to me?” His heart was screaming that he had done everything for her… he had been there for her every time… “If I could pick someone who could double as an IRIS spy, the one who became IRIS and got involved in assassinating the North Korean representatives… and the one who shot you…” Hyunwoo stopped because he did not want to put Yoogun on the spot, he loved Yoogun just as much, but he needed to get things out of his chest, “He should be the first suspect. You trust Team Leader Jung no matter what but doubting me seems really easy.”

 

 

“Hyunwoo-yah…”

 

 

“Even though I am nothing to you, I thought at least you trusted me as a colleague.”

 

 

Sooyeon was tearing up at Hyunwoo’s words because this was the first time Hyunwoo had said anything harsh to her. She did not want to do this, but she must because it was the protocol she had to go through as a Team Leader.

 

 

“If you intend to interrogate me,” Hyunwoo deadpanned, “find someone else to do it. I don’t want to do this anymore.”   

 

 

<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>

 

 

Yoseob lazed around on Hyunwoo’s soft and clean bed. Hyunwoo changed the sheets last night after it was covered by some bodily fluids that Yoseob knew so well where it came from. Hyunwoo, being the clean and control freak he was, actually changed the sheets when he thought Yoseob was showering before bed. He though Yoseob was showering because Yoseob was not showering. Yoseob had been filming a half Hyunwoo (the older man was only in his boxers and nothing else) going back and forth the bedroom.

 

 

Yoseob was an avid video taker of Hyunwoo and his phone was choke-full of videos. His external hard disks were full to the brim as well. He had filmed anything and everything, small things like Hyunwoo watching soccer on TV, Hyunwoo playing with some kids on the park near his apartment; mundane things like that to tapes. Hyunwoo knew Yoseob recorded them often, but he had no idea that Yoseob filmed him personally and Hyunwoo had not one clue of the tapes Yoseob had gathered all this while.

 

 

Yoseob opened up the video folder in his phone and smiled at his small collections (most are already transferred to external hard disks). He was crazy, he admitted that much, but he was crazy about Hyunwoo and would do anything for him. He was obsessed with loving Hyunwoo. His smile got brighter as he opened up a video when Hyunwoo was cooking dinner for them, this was recorded a few months ago. Hyunwoo’s back was on Yoseob as the older man chopped carrots and some celeries on the chopping board, humming some old songs that Yoseob’s parents were familiar with. Hyunwoo looked so relaxed and at home as he moved around to get more ingredients. He did not ask Yoseob to help him cook because the younger man complained of a sore after rounds of mind blowing , so Hyunwoo just let Yoseob sleep and do whatever he wanted.

 

 

Looking around the bedroom, Yoseob grinned happily when he saw the new furniture that now kept all of his things; clothes, towels, bags, underwear, socks, and the list went on. After the huge fight that night, they went out to get new furniture for Yoseob. The younger man felt guilty as hell because of his stupid mouth. He did not mean any of that, he loved Hyunwoo so much, he wanted to open up his chest and give Hyunwoo his heart if that meant showing the older man how much Yoseob loved him.

 

 

Granted, it was a little awkward after the fight, because the stiffness still lingered between them. Because Yoseob had been a ing brat with an mouth. Because Yoseob had accused Hyunwoo things he did not do. But Hyunwoo had been nothing short of perfect, Hyunwoo was perfect, Hyunwoo was so ing perfect and Yoseob would never let him go. They did not have that night, but they slept snuggled onto each other, fully clothed.

 

 

But that was almost a few weeks ago, and they had been living blissfully since because Yoseob had stopped being a brat… almost. Now, Yoseob missed his Ahjussi and he was going to text the older man a little, a bit and maybe have a few rounds of tonight. Yoseob giggled to himself as he imagined the upcoming night.  

 

 

3.43 pm

From: Stubborn Kid

To: Old Ahjussi

 

Ahjussi when r u coming hm…i miss u <3

 

 

3.45 pm

From: Stubborn Kid

To: Old Ahjussi

 

Shld I send u some picts? *wiggle eyebrows*

 

 

3.46 pm

From: Stubborn Kid

To: Old Ahjussi

 

OTL u dint rply me.heol.r u bz?

 

 

Yoseob stared at his phone and waited for another few minutes, when a reply did not come, he threw his phone away carelessly on the bed, and walked to the closet. He rummaged for a worn shirt and stuffed it onto his face, inhaling the scent that was Ahjussi as he walked back to the bed to wallow in his loneliness… and maybe jerked off to one or two of his and Hyunwoo’s tapes he had on his phone.

 

 

But maybe later after he called Hyunwoo to just talk to him a little bit, just to hear his voice.

 

 

<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>

 

 

Sooyeon looked down on the table where Hyunwoo’s phone was lying. Both Shih Hyuk and Hyunwoo’s phones had been confiscated in regards to the interrogations. It vibrated a few times, signaling new texts were received. Down below, in a larger interrogation room, cables were connected to Hyunwoo’s temples as a heart-rate monitor was attached to his finger. A middle-aged agent was asking him questions about his relation to IRIS and his alibi or the lack thereof.

 

 

Another short vibration from Hyunwoo’s phone and Sooyeon peered onto the new text. Suddenly the phone started to vibrate continuously, a laughing Yoseob was blinking on the phone screen.

 

 

Yoseob was calling Hyunwoo, while Hyunwoo was downstairs connected to a lie detector.

 

 

Sooyeon decided to answer the call.

 

 

“Ahjussi, don’t be angry okay. I just want to…” Yoseob started to rant from the other side.

 

 

“Hello Yoseobah.” Sooyeon answered, cutting the younger man off.

 

 

The call was suddenly silent as Yoseob stopped talking for a while before he asked suspiciously, “Who is this?”

 

 

Sooyeon cleared because he did not know whether this was the correct thing to do, “This is Sooyeon Noona.”

 

 

“ Noona? Why do you have Ahjussi’s phone?”

 

 

“Hyunwoo is not cheating on you, don’t worry. He is in a little trouble in the office now. Can I ask for your help, Yoseob?” Sooyeon peered downwards and saw that Hyunwoo had finished his lie detection question and answer session.

 

 

“Yes, of course…”

 

 

“Do you know where he was on the 4th and 5th of August?” Sooyeon asked. That was a few months ago and Sooyeon was unsure if Yoseob could provide any alibi about Hyunwoo.

 

 

There was silent on the other side before Yoseob finally replied, “He was with me. Why?”

 

 

“Can you prove it to us that he was with you?”

 

 

Yoseob sounded worried when he asked, “Why? Is he in trouble because he is dating me?”

 

 

“No,” Sooyeon answered, “It was a little more complicated than that. Can you prove it to us, Yoseobah?”

 

 

“Yeah…” Yoseob answered, “I can prove it.”

 

 

“Good.” Sooyeon said, “Where are you? I’ll send someone to pick you up. Come here with your proof.”

 

 

“I’m at Ahjussi’s place. Pick up to where?”

 

 

“We’ll pick you up now.” Sooyeon said with a final tone as she ended the call. She watched as Hyunwoo was manhandled into custody. He would be sent to the NIS soon for further interrogation. She hoped that Yoseob would have enough proof.