Color 3

Irises Collage

 

 

My apologies for any mistake in spellings etc etc. My laptop died a thousand times before I finally could finish and update this, and I have no patience to even read this for mistakes anymore OTL. Anyways, enjoyyyy!! 

 

 

 

It was already late when Yoseob finally arrived at the boxing gym. He hurried into the brightly lit one-storey, warehouse-like building, adjusting the backpack straps on his shoulders. Yoseob was supposed to arrive here two hours ago – he was held back for an impromptu interview after the live performance for a music show, followed by a short meet and greet with the President Director of one of the biggest music companies in Korea, and the traffic had been horrendous – summing all of those up, equated to a very late Yoseob.

 

 

Yoseob sighed in relief when he saw that the boxing gym was still crowded and alive, he recognized some familiar faces he had been seeing for the past week during his boxing sessions – Shihyuk fiercely hitting a big black leather-covered punching bag, Byungjin doing some physical training on the far side of the gym, Sooyeon swinging some mean punches on her sparring partner (damn, that woman was the real deal) – but he did not see Ahjussi. He frowned, wondering if Hyunwoo came for some boxing. Yoseob was scanning the gym for any sign of Ahjussi when Yoogun popped unexpectedly on his face.

 

 

Surprised by the sudden interruption into his personal space, Yoseob jumped back and muttered a few very bad words towards the older man in front of him. “, I’m sorry. Excuse my language, I was… Dude! You scared the out of me.”

 

 

Yoogun held up both his hands mid air and took a few steps back, “Whoa, whoa. I’m sorry. It was never my intention to get you all worked up.” Yoseob clutched at his chest to calm the heart that was beating out of his ribcage; he threw the older man a dirty look. Yoogun chuckled, “I never know idols could swear. Those were pretty impressive vocabulary you have there, young man.”

 

 

Yoseob tilted his head to the side and sighed in annoyance, “I’m sorry, that was inappropriate.”

 

 

The kind smile on Yoogun’s face quickly faded as he took on a serious expression, “I know you are a super famous idol and your fans worship the grounds you walk on, but I would appreciate if you could at least inform us you were going to be late today. I don’t train these people to box, I discipline them, I shape attitudes and personalities. To follow rules and keep their clear minds intact even when they are beating people up on the ring. I introduce them to sportsmanship which translates into full self-control, respect, and honesty in the real world. I expect to receive the same from you. I don’t care if you are too cool for school, but I demand you to follow my rules when you are in this boxing gym. Do you get me?”

 

 

Yoseob nodded, “Sir, yes sir. I am sorry for not informing you. I will keep that in mind.” He his dry lip and forced himself to remember this. It had been too long since he had to follow rules – people followed his rules and not the other way around – that was one of the perks of being super famous.   

 

 

Yoogun sighed and immediately softened, “I’m sorry if that was too harsh on you, but you need to learn to deal with this if you are staying here. Are you staying here?”

 

 

“Yes, sir.” Yoseob straightened up, “Yes, I am staying here.”

 

 

“Good… good…” Yoogun nodded and smiled, seemingly satisfied with the answer, “Since this is the first time you have been late without informing us, I’ll let it go. Usually those boys will have some… I don’t know…” Yoogun shrugged casually before continuing, “maybe a hundred push ups and fifty chin ups… on top of twenty laps.”

 

 

Yoogun smirked as he watched Yoseob’s eyes widening in horror and mouth gaping open. The younger man would die from doing all of those; hell, he would die doing even a quarter of them. Who the hell were these people, seriously? Yoseob stuttered, “I – I’m sorry. I really am. And thank you. It – it’s just that I don’t have any number to contact. I’ll get it right away. And thank you.” The team leader laughed and slapped Yoseob’s back to pacify him a little, “Don’t worry, all you need to do is call and inform us. Don’t be too… shocked on this.”

 

 

“What are you guys?” Yoseob blurted out the question even before he realized what he was doing.

 

 

Yoogun raised his eyebrow, “What are we?”

 

Yoseob waved his hands around, “Yeah, like what are you guys? Like what do you guys do?”

 

 

Yoogun laughed at the adorable gestures, “Well, I need to kill you if I tell you.”

 

 

Yoseob’s face crumpled in disappointment, “That’s what exactly Ahjussi said to me the last time.”

 

 

“How did you know Hyunwoo anyway? I’m sure people like you don’t really mingle with people like us.” The seasoned team leader crossed his arms in front of his chest and frowned in confusion.

 

 

Yoseob waved his hand dismissively at the question, “It’s a long, complicated story.”

 

 

Understanding that Yoseob did not want to further discuss about that, Yoogun pursed his lips and shoved his hands into the pockets of his sweatpants, “Fine. Run along now, go change and be back in ten. We are finishing up in about an hour more. Get some numbers on this place, young man. I am serious on the physical punishments.” Yoseob nodded repeatedly at this, he would get every contact in this damned building by tonight. Every single one of them.

 

 

“We are part of the national security system.”

 

 

Yoseob looked at Yoogun questioningly, was he answering or… “As in like the police force, team leader Jung?”

 

 

Yoogun looked at the idol with pure amusement, “When do you start calling me ‘team leader Jung’?”

 

 

Yoseob shrugged, “Everyone is calling you that, so I thought… or you would prefer –“

 

 

“No, ‘team leader Jung’ is fine. I don’t mind.” He shrugged back and started walking away before he spoke for the last time to Yoseob that night, “Yes Yang Yoseob-sshi, something like the police.”

 

 

And that was why Yoseob was groveling to a profusely sweating Hyunwoo for his number as soon as the young man had succeeded in spotting him sitting near the boxing ring.

 

 

“Come on, just tell me your number, Ahjussi. I need them, or I will die a horrible death.” Yoseob begged. It had been an extremely long time since the last time he begged, he forgot what begging sounded and felt like. But of course nothing was impossible for the Great Yang Yoseob, and he was absolutely sure Hyunwoo would give in any minute now.

 

 

Hyunwoo wiped the sweats running down his face and scowled, “Kid, listen. You have the gym’s number and you can call that instead. You don’t need my number, I don’t even have my phone with me inside the gym anyway, everything is kept inside the locker.”

 

 

“Ahjussi, I can call you before you arrived here. I always know whether or not I’m going to be late and I can call you instead. What if the receptionist in the building is unavailable at the moment? I cannot risk this. I can die doing all those punishments.”

 

 

“Team leader Jung would never order you to do any of those. You are too precious for the nation and the world. You will be just fine.” The older man massaged his right calf, it felt a little tense.

 

 

Yoseob shook his head stubbornly, shoving his phone on Hyunwoo’s face, “No, he gave me a long lecture on discipline and stuff earlier and I know he will make me do all those… things. I know he will.”

 

 

“You don’t need my number.” Hyunwoo insisted, his voice firm.

 

 

Yoseob continued groveling, “I’m gonna die, Ahjussi. I’m gonna die.”

 

 

Hyunwoo sighed loudly, and Yoseob knew that he had broken through the older man’s wall with his groveling and begging for the past fifteen minutes, “Fine… just… I don’t guarantee I will pick up my phone or anything, okay?” Yoseob nodded eagerly and Hyunwoo punched in a few numbers into the idol’s totally advanced phone. “There, my number. Don’t lose it.” Yoseob grinned happily and added the number under his contact and speed dial.

 

 

“Yo, idol boy! You gonna be on the ring or what?” A man twice as large as Yoseob called him from the ring. He was completely geared up and all ready for a friendly punch with Yoseob.

 

 

Yoseob stammered a little, he was caught totally off guard when he was not even finished warming up yet. “Uh – uh – I… I think I will just –“

 

 

Yoseob was clearing his suddenly dry throat to reply when Hyunwoo stood up from his seating position and called out to the huge guy on the boxing ring, “Come on Park, I’ll partner you up. Yoseob-sshi was little beat from smiling too much to his screaming fans. You need to pick your opponent wisely, man.”

 

 

Park laughed at that, “Come on up. It’s been a while since the last time I’m sparring with you, Hyunwoo-ah.”

 

 

Hyunwoo laughed back, loud and sincere.  He scrambled to get his boxing gloves back on. Yoseob was staring blatantly at the older man, wide eyes with pure unadulterated adoration in them. 

 

 

“What?” Hyunwoo asked. There was a slight pause between them but Yoseob was not finished staring. Hyunwoo moved back and frowned. “You are scaring me, Kid. Seriously stop staring at me.”

 

 

“You called me by my name.” Yoseob whispered.

 

 

Hyunwoo’s frown got deeper, “Uh, yeah I did. That’s your name right? Did I say your name wrongly?” He was still busy getting his gloves back on.

 

 

Yoseob shook his head with a happy grin on his face, “Nope! Yoseob it is. You just… you never called me by my name. I’m just kind of shocked right now.”

 

 

Hyunwoo shrugged, “Yeah well, I can’t exactly call you a kid in front of him. Uh, do you mind lacing these gloves for me? I’m kind of unable to do this alone, so…”

 

 

A bubble of laughter escaped from Yoseob as he stood up to help Hyunwoo lace up his boxing gloves. “I know you are some kind of a police.” Yoseob said casually.

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“Team leader Jung told me that you guys were like the police or some sort. You wouldn’t answer when I asked that night in the alley, remember?” Yoseob pulled the lace tight on Hyunwoo’s hand.

 

 

Hyunwoo shrugged, “Yes, uh… we are like the police. More or less. Yes. Ouch… too tight. Not so tight.”

 

 

Yoseob squeaked a little before loosening the lace on the gloves a little, “Better?”

 

 

The older man murmured, “Yep. Perfect. Thanks, kid. Are you gonna watch me?” Yoseob nodded enthusiastically and leaned against the ring on one side to watch Hyunwoo practicing.

 

 

Yoseob did not get to work out a lot that night, he was busy groveling from Hyunwoo’s number and  watching the older man box from the outside of the ring. But it was a good night nonetheless.

 

 

<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>

 

 

To: Old Ahjussi

From:  Stubborn Kid

1.06 pm

Ahjussi, what r u doing?

 

 

To: Stubborn Kid

From:  Old Ahjussi

1.32 pm

What is this? I thought my number was for emergency?

 

 

To: Old Ahjussi

From:  Stubborn Kid

1.33 pm

Im in the waiting rm of a music show. Im bored T.T

 

 

To: Stubborn Kid

From:  Old Ahjussi

1.40 pm

Go play with your celebrity friends.

 

 

To: Old Ahjussi

From:  Stubborn Kid

1.41 pm

Alone here, Ahjussi! No one 2 play with T.T

 

 

To: Old Ahjussi

From:  Stubborn Kid

2.16 pm

Ahjussiiii!! U knw how text messaging works rite? What took u so long 2 rply?

 

 

To: Stubborn Kid

From:  Old Ahjussi

2.25 pm

What’s with the two capital T’s and dot in between? And yes, I know how to text message. I’m busy and have no time for you. So quit it.

 

 

Son Dongwoon stares in confusion at the man sitting in front of him. He had been ignored by Yoseob every time a text message came in for the past hour. Dongwoon was one of Yoseob’s back dancers, the younger man was not a dance genius or anything, instead he was a little awkward with his movements due to his height and all, but Yoseob loved him like a brother and was adamant on having him on stage.

 

 

Dongwoon was one of the very few people the singer could confide in – he was Yoseob’s first friend during his trainee days, he was there during Yoseob’s horrible break up with Hayoon noona, they went through thick and thin together – he was Yang Yoseob’s best friend. The famous idol also did not miss the affection Dongwoon had for another back dancer, Lee Kikwang, and there was no way he would separate them apart from each other.  

 

 

Dongwoon frowned a little when Yoseob sulked and pouted in annoyance. “Hyung, who are you texting?”

 

 

“Huh?”

 

 

Dongwoon repeated and cocked his head towards Yoseob’s phone, “Who are you texting? You have been ignoring me for the past hour and I thought we would play or something.”

 

 

Yoseob looked up to a sulking Dongwoon and grinned excitedly, “I’m texting Ahjussi who came from Jupiter and lives ten feet under the ground with no connection to the internet or electricity for TV.”

 

 

Dongwoon raised an eyebrow, “Seriously? Where did you find this creepy guy?”

 

 

Yoseob beamed, “In the alleyway.”

 

 

Dongwoon sputtered in shock and started one of his famous ramblings, “Hyung, he sounded so creepy, I mean seriously, you met him in the alleyway? Oh my God he could be some serial killer and about to prey on you. You are too famous for this, Hyung. You can get better friends than this and how old is he anyway – “

 

 

All the rambling was lost on Yoseob’s ears as he continued text messaging Hyunwoo with a silly smile on his face.