Color 18

Irises Collage

This is such a late update i know... and this chapter doesn't go as planned. i thought it would be cute but it turned out slightly blegh but anyways... here you go people!! mistakes are all mine and i hope they don't disturb your reading experience. okaes enjoy!! <33

 

 

Yoseob woke up disoriented to fluffy pillows and soft white sheets, the fabric smelled like detergent and sun, clean and fresh from laundry. He narrowed his eyes (because the room was so bright and who the drew open the blinds?) and groaned softly, burying his cheek deeper into the wonderful smelling fabric and tightening his hug on another soft pillow. Yoseob frowned, why is it a pillow, where is his Hyunnie? His eyes felt glued together, they were so swollen and heavy and his brain was trying so hard to wake up and process what the happened because he was ing tired and aching like a truck had just run over him.

 

 

Yoseob groaned again as he shifted, each muscle screaming as he turned to lie on his back. He blinked up at the clean white ceilings and stared at the integrated lightings on the plafond. The room was flooded with late morning light coming from the floor-to-ceiling windows at the side of the bedroom. The blinds were already drawn up and Yoseob could see blurry city scene behind his gunk-crusted eyes.

 

 

And then it all slowly flowed back into his memory.

 

 

Ahjussi throwing him on his shoulder, him punching Ahjussi on the face, him crying miserably, him babbling every single thing on earth to Ahjussi, him hugging Ahjussi so tightly, him kissing Ahjussi, him grinding a little on Ahjussi, him sleeping on Ahjussi –

 

 

“.” Yoseob cursed, he lifted up his arms with so much effort to clean away all the eye goops. , he must have looked so ugly and ridiculous and pathetic when he was crying so miserably, and that was why Hyunwoo stopped making out with him because he must have looked so childish and laughable. This was why Ahjussi thought of him as a kid. Damnit to hell, why must he look so unattractive last night? Yoseob groaned as his stomach growled. He was so hungry. He lost his appetite for the past few days and had been so tired with all of his activities and so heartbroken and sad and just… he was hungry.

 

 

Pushing himself up on his elbows, he looked around the bedroom. Ahjussi must have shifted them to the bedroom at one point during the night while Yoseob was too deep in his sleep. He sighed in annoyance, he wanted to remember snuggling up to Hyunwoo, he wanted to remember Hyunwoo’s hands on him, he wanted to remember the feel of Hyunwoo’s body against his, he wanted to remember the warmth and safety, he wanted to remember he slept with Hyunwoo on the bed – albeit fully clothed and all. But no, he had to sleep like the dead and did not remember anything. He did not even remember what the happened yesterday and whose bed he woke up on earlier. Yoseob huffed, he was inexplicably annoyed with himself.

 

 

During the night, Hyunwoo had changed Yoseob into the older man’s own baggy tee shirt and sweatpants – Yoseob wanted to remember the changing process too – that felt really comfortable and soft against his skin. He wanted to wear Hyunwoo’s clothes forever. He might sound absolutely crazy and obsessed but he did not give a flying because he was crazy and obsessed and still he did not give a flying .

 

 

Yoseob wanted to explore the bedroom a little more, open the wardrobe or something, but his stomach was killing him and the sounds it produced were not exactly music to the ears, so begrudgingly he pushed himself out of the amazingly warm and comfortable bed and staggered into the connected bathroom. He should at least look presentable this morning to Hyunwoo, because the older man might regret his decision upon seeing an awfully unattractive, disoriented child with swollen eyes and crusty eye goops.

 

 

<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>

 

 

After deciding that his face was clean enough and his breath was fresh enough – there was a new yellow toothbrush available next to a blue one so Yoseob assumed the yellow one must be provided for him, unless Sooyeon stayed over often and that was her toothbrush, but the toothbrush looked new and Yoseob did not want to think about Sooyeon anymore because the thought of her staying over was more than enough to encourage his obsessive murderer side to surface – he padded out of the carpeted bedroom and stepped uncertainly into the living room. The tiles were cool to his soles and he shivers a little at the sudden cold. As he took a few steps forward, his nose picked up awesome smells – coffee, fried egg, something like beef soup – and his stomach grumbled loudly, again.  

 

 

Hyunwoo folded his newspapers down on the dining table and looked up to see a frozen Yoseob in the living room area. The younger man’s face flushed red in mortification and Hyunwoo chuckled at the blatant cuteness. Yoseob would be the death of him one day, he was sure of it, and he was fine with it. He smiled widely at the mortified man, “Good morning, would you like something to eat?”

 

 

Yoseob swore that he would do one thousand sit ups just to punish his stomach for growling so loudly, it was so embarrassing and it was too early to be embarrassing. Yoseob bit his bottom lip and sulked, “I am going to die out of embarrassment right now.”

 

 

A loud laughter rang in the quiet apartment as Hyunwoo basked in the presence of Yoseob, drowning in the tee shirt and sweatpants which were too big for him – Hyunwoo’s clothes – looking down at his own twirling fingers. Having another person to talk to in the morning was almost a gift to him, it was so incredible. He motioned Yoseob to come to the dining table, but Yoseob just shook his head adorably, too embarrassed to even look up.

 

 

Hyunwoo got up from his seat and walked to Yoseob, quickly enveloping the younger man in a warm embrace. Yoseob was too thin against his own sturdy body, too fragile. Hyunwoo kissed the top of Yoseob’s head affectionately and Yoseob wrapped his own arms around Hyunwoo’s waist, head resting on the older man’s chest. “You need to eat more, you are too thin as it is. Do you want some milk to go with your breakfast?” Yoseob shook his head no again. Hyunwoo loosened his hug and looked down to stare at Yoseob – to which Yoseob stared back up at him with his round eyes, “You know you need to eat a lot right?”

 

 

Yoseob mumbled back, “I don’t want milk. I sound like five.”

 

 

Hyunwoo squinted at Yoseob and he let out a sigh, “It doesn’t even matter anymore, does it? I love you no matter what and I will say I love you until you believe me.” Yoseob frowned for a second before his face broke into a blindingly bright smile with neat pearly white teeth. “I love you, too and I always believe you. Always.”

 

 

Chuckling, Hyunwoo lifted him up a little in his arms so that Yoseob’s feet left the ground and they were face to face, “So, milk?”

 

 

Yoseob nodded and Hyunwoo leaned in for a brief sweet kiss to the lips. Yoseob beamed at the older man when Hyunwoo started walking to the dining table, still carrying Yoseob in his arms, and gently laying him down on the seat across his own. Hyunwoo then walked to the cupboard to retrieve a glass and quickly heated up two bowls of beef radish soup.

 

 

“Oh my God, don’t tell me you cook all of these?!” Yoseob gawked at the dishes in front of him because how could Ahjussi cook beef radish soup (slightly warm after a quick heating), and fried eggs, and kimchi, and spinach, and beans sprout rice all by himself?

 

 

Hyunwoo chuckled as he placed a glass full of chocolate milk in front of Yoseob and sit back down across the younger man, “Let’s eat, I’m starved waiting for you to wake up.”

 

 

They started eating when suddenly Yoseob was all nerve and anxiety as he whipped his head left to right, obviously searching for something, “, what time is it now? I didn’t check the clock in the bedroom. I have a rehearsal at 2. What time is it now? . I need to call Jintaek and he will need time to find his way here I am so screwed and I am so tired ugh I’m so frustrated I need –“

 

 

“I called Jintaek from your phone this morning and he told me your schedule and everything. I have settled it with him and he will be here by 12.30 to pick you up. It’s 10.37 now,” Hyunwoo pointed at the clock across the living room, “so you’ll have enough time to eat and prepare.”

 

 

Yoseob’s mouth hung open, he felt so numb right now, “You looked through my phone? You knew my password?”

 

 

Hyunwoo swallowed his rice nervously and nodded, “I’m sorry I did a little hacking, but it is –“

 

 

Yoseob beamed at the older man, absolutely happy that Hyunwoo had made every little bit of effort for him, he felt so numb with happiness because nothing could beat this, “It’s okay. I don’t mind at all.”

 

 

“You don’t?”

 

 

Yoseob shook his head cheerfully, “No, of course not. I should give you all my passwords and access so you don’t need to hack anything anymore.” He said merrily and scooped a spoonful of warm beef broth into his mouth. It was delicious, delicious and delicious, the fried egg was still a little uncooked in the center of its yolk – Yoseob’s favorite type of egg as he mixed it into the rice – the beans sprout rice was delicious, even the spinach and the kimchi was delicious. Everything was just so good.

 

 

Hyunwoo’s eyebrows met in a frown, “That’s really dangerous, you shouldn’t be so careless about stuff like this. How old are you anyways?”

 

 

There was a pause. “Me?”

 

 

“Yes, you.” Hyunwoo answered, pointing at Yoseob with his chopsticks, “How old are you?”

 

 

“Twenty two.”

 

 

“.” Hyunwoo cursed, “We have a ten-year gap. , you are so young… you are a , aren’t you?”

 

 

Yoseob laughed as he tried so hard not to spit his rice all over the table, “I’m not a and you won’t go to jail when you have with me.”

 

 

“Have with you?” Hyunwoo’s face was suddenly too red, “Yah… You are too – “

 

 

“So you’re thirty two, huh?” Yoseob asked, enjoying how Ahjussi was embarrassed to his toes.

 

 

“Yes, but don’t think I am going to have – “

 

 

Yoseob grinned a little too brightly and a tad too flirtatiously, “That’s really hot. I love having with ten-year-gap Ahjussis.”

 

 

Hyunwoo coughed as he choked on his rice while Yoseob was busy cackling not even worried if Hyunwoo died of suffocation. “Yah, you should know that you are too young for things like and stuff, okay?” The older man looked at Yoseob seriously and the idol stopped laughing because it did not seem like a laughing matter to Hyunwoo.  

 

 

Yoseob nodded as he asked absentmindedly, “Ahjussi, are you ?”

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“I mean are you into toys and role plays and – “

 

 

Hyunwoo positioned one palm up in mid air, signaling Yoseob to stop talking, “I know what means. But I mean what? I mean – what – how – why? I mean – what?”

 

 

Yoseob shrugged dismissively and continued eating some kimchi, “Mr. Park said something along the line of us being and all, and him being a neighbor I thought he might know things about you and your life and who you brought home and so I’m just preparing myself if you are . I don’t mind it at all though, it’s fun and I’m sure you will enjoy it, so yeah, sure… why not?”

 

 

The air was suddenly still as Hyunwoo stopped moving at all. Yoseob looked up to see a frozen Hyunwoo across the table. “Ahjussi, you okay?”

 

 

There was slight anger in Hyunwoo’s voice as he put down his rice bowl and chopsticks on the table. “First, Mr. Park knows nothing of me, we are just neighbors and although it is true that we watch soccer matches together and all, I don’t bare my personal life to him. Second, I don’t bring people home, I didn’t and I don’t and I won’t, except for you. And thirdly, I am not . So we should stop talking about this.”

 

 

The finality in Hyunwoo’s voice shut Yoseob up.

 

 

When they had finished their meals, Yoseob was forcefully pushed to the bathroom to shower and prepare himself for the rehearsal. Hyunwoo had instructed Jintaek to bring some clothes Yoseob could change into in the van, but for the moment, Hyunwoo would lend Yoseob another set of his too-big clothes for Yoseob to wear – it was better than wearing soiled clothes over and over again.

 

 

The younger man insisted to help cleaning up but Hyunwoo was not having any of it as he shoved Yoseob – albeit gently and lovingly – into the bathroom with another set of clean clothing. When the bathroom door was firmly closed by Hyunwoo from the front, Yoseob was in no mood to bicker further because it was true that he needed a shower – he stunk. Ew.

 

 

He placed his towel and clean clothes on the wall railings and stood in front of the mirror. The swelling on his eyes had lessened considerably, there were still red rims around them but nothing that make up and powder could not fix. He took off all of his clothes and looked at his upper body. It is true that he had developed so much muscles and a set of impressive abs because of his regular boxing training, but coupled with his face, he looked too tired, too thin, too worn out, instead of Kim Jong Kook-ish fit. He sighed and walked into the shower cubicle, turning on the shower head and warm water quickly washed his tired body.

 

 

In the corner was a rack of toiletries, and Yoseob could not help but smell each and every one of them, basking in the masculine smell of Ahjussi. He was very excited to using them on himself. He was also very excited on finding Hyunwoo’s cologne on the sink area, and sprinkled a bit of it in front of his clean tee shirt after he finished his shower. Now he has something to sniff on if he was lonely during the rehearsal.

 

 

When he came into the dining area – clean and fresh and smelled like Hyunwoo – he was surprised to see everything had been cleared and Hyunwoo was in the kitchen washing dishes. His back was on Yoseob and the younger man could see Hyuwoo’s back muscles rippling softly under the thin tee shirt material. Like sailor enchanted to the siren, Yoseob quietly approached a still-busy Hyunwoo and wrapped his arms on Hyunwoo’s waist, resting his cheek on Hyunwoo’s warm back.

 

 

Hyunwoo chuckled but did not stop his activity, nor did he look slightly surprised.

 

 

“Not surprised?” Yoseob asked, closing his eyes as he enjoyed the feeling of back-hugging Hyunwoo.

 

 

The older man smiled, hands deep into soapy water, “I can hear you when you open the bathroom door and I can smell you. Fresh and clean.”

 

 

“Uh-huh..”

 

 

Hyunwoo shook his body and jolted the younger man gently, “Are you sleeping?”

 

 

“Nuh-uh.” Yoseob buried his face deeper onto Hyunwoo’s back. Hyunwoo smelled like the shower gel in the bathroom but it was different, there was something distinctly Hyunwoo that could not be bottled. Yoseob inhaled Hyunwoo’s scent and tightened his hands around Hyunwoo’s middle.

 

 

Hyunwoo was so comfortable.

 

 

“We are having futsal game later on. Are you too tired to participate? Everyone is asking about you since you hardly come due to your schedules and all. It’s going to be indoor so it won’t be too tiring on you.” Hyunwoo scrubbed a plate diligently.

 

 

Yoseob was so drowsy and Hyunwoo was so comfortable and the warmth was just amazing and he did not want to go anywhere – Yoseob nodded.

 

 

“Yeah?” Hyunwoo asked, feeling a slight head movement on his back. Yoseob nodded again, more determined this time.

 

 

“Okay, I’ll tell Jintaek about this and see if your schedules allow it.”

 

 

Yoseob was so sleepy because he was so tired, and Hyunwoo was so warm and nice and he did not want to let Hyunwoo go and he wanted to sleep on Hyunwoo’s back and everything was so cozy and blurry that he almost did not know when Jintaek came to pick him up at 12.28 and Hyunwoo piggybacked him down from the apartment to the van.

 

 

<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>

 

 

Yoseob was a ball of excitement when he entered the indoor futsal hall – or half stadium. The fanmeet finished earlier than expected because everything was so orderly and everyone was nice, and so Yoseob could still make it to futsal, which made him very happy.

 

 

On his way in, Jinwoon lifted him up and twirled him around in his arms and Yoseob almost died of excitement, Lee Wan Hyung tackled him to the ground and tickled him mercilessly, Junsu Hyung kicked his because Yoseob had not been coming regularly with Hyunwoo. There were other new faces too, which Yoseob did not recognized but strangely they recognized him – of course they recognized him, duh, he was Yang Yoseob – and they shook hands with him politely.

 

 

Jinwoon pointed to a messy bleacher and said, “Hyunwoo Hyung placed a jersey there somewhere for you. We are on break since the first half has finished. We are having the second round in about twenty minutes, I guess.”

 

 

Yoseob nodded and went to the bleacher, not forgetting to punch Jinwoon playfully on the stomach. He sputtered but did not make any effort to chase the idol down. At the corner of the bleacher, the jersey Hyunwoo borrowed for Yoseob was neatly folded and Yoseob quickly changed on the spot – they were all guys and it was such a common scene to see anyone in their boxers that no one made any big deal out of it anymore – and put on his shorts. There were still another sixteen minutes so Yoseob slipped into an available pair of slippers. The fustal hall/half stadium was hot with male adrenaline so Yoseob decided he would wear his jersey top later on, instead he covered his white wifebeater-clad body with a huge bluish green blanket that covered down to his thighs.

 

 

He looked around the busy hall, some are sitting down in groups, laughing and drinking water, some are dribbling and kicking balls here and there, some are playing on their own, perfecting their tricks.

 

 

And he saw Ahjussi at the corner of the futsal field.

 

 

Bent down with his back to Yoseob, he was in a serious talk with a person man sat on the chair. Yoseob did not know who the man was but Hyunwoo’s back was just mighty inviting. Warm and nice and comfortable, not too thin but not too thick, it was perfect. His backhug this afternoon was rudely interrupted by Jintaek and he needed more!

 

 

Slowly, Yoseob approached Hyunwoo and the younger man could hear bits and pieces of their conversation. …so Jihoon would be in… ah, he is that boy... not too shabby… when is he available… yeah sure… anyone else that we could… ask Junsu Hyung… ah alright… yes it’s good…

 

 

Yoseob should worry about the others, he should worry what would the others think if Yoseob hugged Hyunwoo here, he should be anxious what would the others perceive them, he should be anxious that –

 

 

Opening his arms wide, Yoseob latched himself on Hyunwoo, his front which was only covered by a thin material of the wifebeater pressing onto Hyunwoo’s back and he rested his cheek sideways comfortably, both hands resting on the older man’s waist. Closing his eyes, once again Yoseob basked in the warmth and enjoyed every second of hugging Hyunwoo.  

 

 

At first touch of contact, Hyunwoo looked back and saw a bundle of bluish green on top of his back. He chuckled and patted Yoseob’s hands which were resting on his waist. Yoseob was ready for any rejection, he was ready for every ‘don’t do this in front of other people’, he was ready for everything but not the gentle touch as Hyunwoo interlocked their fingers together on his waist.

 

 

Hyunwoo did not stop talking to the man nor did he push Yoseob away, it all seemed so natural to them to be together. There were not any surprised gasps or disgusted noises from any of them in the futsal hall; Yoseob was still closing his eyes so he could not see any different expression, but from the sounds and voices he could still hear, everything was still going as per normal.

 

 

Yoseob smiled. He did not open his eyes or release Hyunwoo long after the older man had stopped talking and the second half of the game had commenced.