Color 15

Irises Collage

It is supposed to be up earlier but then i was caught up by idol special running man and yay beast won!!! although i'm quite sure jihyo played a major part in winning but I AM SO PROUD OF THE BOYSS!!! I AM SOOO HAPPY FOR THEM OKAY LA LA LA LA LA DANCING DANCING DANCING. oh and anyways not so much dooseob interaction in this one :( and i am pretty sure everyone wanted to kill Hyunwoo and cut him into pieces and skewer him from the last chapter. i am not sure how you guys will hate him in this chapter haha! and i am not sure about the whole IRIS plot and timeline so i'm gonna input whatever that is relevant to my series lols. oh anyways have fun reading. i am too happy now because the boys won running man. WOW!! Mistakes are all mine and i hope they don't disturb your reading pleasure! 

 

 

 

“The number you are calling is unavailable at the moment. Please…”

 

 

Hyunwoo pressed the ‘END’ button on his phone screen and almost screamed with frustration when yet again his call was answered by a female operator voice. It was the same case with Dongwoon and Kikwang, he could not contact any of them and he did not know Jintaek’s number.

 

 

It was 2.17 am, a good few hours since he had first picked up his phone and dialed Yoseob’s number in haste. The whole modern and sleek apartment was only illuminated by the lights coming from the television which Hyunwoo did not switch off, in case the entertainment channel has something to offer regarding Yoseob’s whereabouts at the moment. The apartment was as dark as the night outside.

 

 

Immediately after Hyunwoo watched the sheep costume on the program – the Yoseob who had sincere smile that reached his eyes – he had been calling the younger man a thousand times, only to be answered by the operator each and every time. Hyunwoo walked around his quiet bedroom, feet silently padding on the soft grey carpet as he tried calling again to no avail. He quickly pressed on his screen to send a text to Yoseob, again.

 

 

2.19 am

From: Old Ahjussi

To: Stubborn Kid

 

Please answer my call or reply my text. You can swear or scream at me. Anything. Don’t do this, please.

 

 

Hyunwoo had lost count on the text he had sent, scrolling down a texting page on his phone with Yoseob’s name at the top and he realized it was all filled with unanswered texts. He almost growled – almost – as he sat down on the edge of his bed and started to think of other options. Calling did not seem to work, nor did texting and Hyunwoo decided it would be suicide to try barging into Yoseob’s penthouse – try being the keyword because the idol’s luxury apartment was secured as tightly as the Cheongwadae.

 

 

Hyunwoo was almost at the end of his wits when he chose to find something about Yoseob on the Internet instead. He had heard some terms about Netizens or sorts – he was not certain about the terminology – but he knew that the Internet was fast becoming a digital world of its own, with people who ‘live’ there. These strangers, with no credibility whatsoever or any background information, were his last hope. And he did not know what he should expect from his desperation.

 

 

Sighing and praying hard for any news at all, Hyunwoo quickly typed in ‘양요섭’ into the search engine and was absolutely terrified with the findings laid out in front of him in his computer screen – there were too much information about the idol, too much – and Hyunwoo was amazed as to how Yoseob could spend his days knowing people he had never met, much less known, had acquired so much information on him and his life. Hyunwoo shivered because even he did not know even half of the about Yoseob that these people shared on the internet for public consumption.

 

 

He clicked one of the sites – because it was at the top so Hyunwoo believed it would be the most popular – and was immediately greeted by a huge picture of Yoseob posing for a high-fashion magazine. His flawless tuxedo was tailor-made, hugging the tiny yet lean body perfectly, one hand shoved into a pocket. Yoseob was standing sideways and Hyunwoo could make out the sharp eyes and adorable features on the idol’s young face. This was the first time Hyunwoo peeked into Yoseob’s professional live, save for the private stage performance on one of the music shows the younger man did for him a while back before his flight to Hungary.

 

 

Hastily, Hyunwoo clicked on the ‘Enter’ button at the bottom right corner and instantly entered a very comprehensive page of Yoseob’s life. Hyunwoo wondered how could Yoseob go through all of these every single day without breaking down and cry. He had given too little credit for the tiny idol. There were so many buttons to click – information, images, archives, albums, songs, and a few more – and Hyunwoo clicked on schedule (how in the world did people know about all of these things?) and a list of Yoseob’s activities was open for anyone to access. Hyunwoo perused through the list and found the date he had been looking for.

 

 

Saturday, September 7

[PERFORMANCE] KBS Music Bank in Istanbul (Location: Ulker Sports Arena | Time: 7PM)

 

 

There were pictures of Yoseob, Dongwoon, Kikwang, Jintaek, and a few other guys whom Hyunwoo did not recognized at Incheon Airport, departing for Istanbul. A white mask was there again, covering half of Yoseob’s small face. The cap was so low on Yoseob’s head it almost hid the red and swollen eyes. , Hyunwoo cursed, he did not want to imagine Yoseob crying over whatever that happened. Hyunwoo clicked on a few other links and found that Yoseob would be back two days from now, even the flight number and timing was neatly displayed on the computer screen.

 

 

Hyunwoo was slack-jawed as he understood that almost every minute of Yoseob’s life was on public display, he was surprised no one had taken pictures of them together up to this minute. He needed to talk to Yoseob, he needed to explain everything properly. There was no doubt that Yoseob would never want to see him again, much less talk to him again. It explained why the last meeting at Coffee Cojjee was so awkward and why Yoseob’s smiles never reached his eyes. With so much sadness and anger, there was no way a smile could shine through. Hyunwoo cursed himself, he was a bastard who was disgustingly oblivious to everything, an who broke Yoseob’s heart without so much of a thought.

 

 

, he wondered if he deserved Yoseob at all, but that would be for the idol to decide. He needed a plan, he needed to arrange things.

 

 

But first he needed help. He rummaged through his bedside drawer and found a small black box that had been kept for so long. Hyunwoo was going to end everything.

 

 

<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>

 

 

The scenery was astounding from the bridge that Sooyeon and Hyunwoo were standing on. They could see the designated hotel for the Winter Olympics clearly with its grand front entrance, tall trees, and a stretch of roadways from one end to another behind it. They were scouting a location for the reunification peace talks and here they were after spending the whole morning and afternoon inspecting the hotel and its security level.

 

 

They were enjoying the view and some cooling breeze when Hyunwoo fiddled with the small black box inside his pocket. It was a necklace that he had bought so long ago for Sooyeon but did not have the opportunity or the courage to present it to her. Now, it would be his parting gift, there would be nothing that would connect him to Sooyeon anymore. This would be it.

 

 

Hyunwoo was convinced to finally give the necklace to Sooyeon when he saw a golden ring on Sooyeon’s left ring finger.

 

 

“When did you start wearing the ring?” Hyunwoo asked.

 

 

“Huh?” Sooyeon was confused and she followed Hyunwoo’s eyes to the ring on her finger. She answered sadly, “It hasn’t been that long.”

 

 

“Because you like to practice shooting. I thought you wouldn’t be into stuff like that.” Hyunwoo said matter-of-factly.

 

 

Sooyeon was silent for a while and she smiled sorrowfully, “Team Leader Jung gave it to me. But he still hasn’t seen me wearing it.”

 

 

Hyunwoo raised his eyebrows at the sad explanation. Sooyeon had just lost Yoogun in that tragic incident and Hyunwoo was about to leave her, too, for good. Hesitantly, Hyunwoo pushed the necklace back into his pocket, would he need to continue being by her side then? He might give the necklace to her later on when she was less miserable, there was no need to rub salt on a bleeding wound.

 

 

Sooyeon was looking forlorn, “When he was with me… why didn’t I realize how precious he was to me, how much I will miss him… why didn’t I realize…” She looked down and grief washed over her face like a tidal wave and Hyunwoo knew she was thinking so deeply about Yoogun.

 

 

Hyunwoo felt like someone just punched him in the gut and he felt like throwing up. So this was love... and that should mean he loved Yoseob too, because he felt exactly what Sooyeon was feeling. He wanted to cry and jump down from the bridge. He wanted to barge and force his way to Yoseob’s penthouse and hurt anyone that would block his way, he wanted to scream at the top of his lungs because the pain in his heart was unbearable.

 

 

But instead he patted her back gently and smiled to her because he fully understood.

 

 

He finally understood.

 

 

<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>

 

 

Hyunwoo placed the small black box onto a bigger box and put it inside a pretty pink paper bag with a pretty ribbon (there was a box of chocolate for Sooyeon as well because he remembered something about chocolate making people happy or something… but of course he could be wrong). He sighed onto his steering wheel.

 

 

It was hard leaving Sooyeon, he had been pining over Sooyeon as long as they had known each other; they trained together, laughed together, cried together, bled together, drank together, and the most terrible thing he could do to Sooyeon: Hyunwoo shot her. Hyunwoo shot her once and Sooyeon was supposed to be his responsibility now since Yoogun was not around anymore. But he could not do this anymore. He needed to end it because he needed to be with Yoseob. He would always be responsible for her, but Yoseob was top priority. And he had to get the message across.

 

 

<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>

 

 

Sooyeon walked out to the parking lot to find a pretty pink paper bag with a pretty ribbon hanging from her car door handle. There was a small yellow post-it note that said ‘Ji Sooyeon~ cheer up!’. She smiled and peered into the paper bag to see a tin of chocolate and a medium-sized box. She opened up the box to find a farewell letter and a small black box neatly packed inside it.

 

 

She started reading.

 

 

<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>

 

 

That day, the situation in the NSS Headquarter was intense; there were crucial information about the North Korean representative for the unification talks followed by some dubious suspicions regarding his real intention during the peace talk. They had to figure everything out soon, before things got even worse than the ruined Hungary talk.

 

 

They took Sooyeon’s car to the designated location. Hyunwoo didn’t have any opportunity to talk things over with the petite agent; if she had received his letter or if she was okay with everything because they were required to check things out and tap the North Korea representative’s hotel room, for any suspicion to be confirmed. Sooyeon had been acting like her usual self towards Hyunwoo, like there was nothing different going on, and Hyunwoo had to know if she dealt well with it.

 

 

“Have you eaten?” Hyunwoo asked casually once they were inside the car, “You shouldn’t go around on an empty stomach.”
 

 

Sooyeon sighed as she settled in the driver seat, “I know. I didn’t even have breakfast so I’m really hungry now.” She took out a tin of chocolate – the one Hyunwoo gave to her inside the pretty pink paper bag with a pretty ribbon – and took one for herself, “I’m going to have one of these.” She offered it to Hyunwoo, “You want some? It’s good.”

 

 

Hyunwoo stared at the chocolate tin for a moment before he took it from Sooyeon and he caught a glimpse of the necklace hanging from the rear mirror. Relief washed over him because he knew everything was going fine. He smirked and tossed a chocolate into his mouth as Sooyeon started driving.

 

 

“You okay?” Hyunwoo asked as he trained his eyes to the endless road in front of him.

 

 

Sooyeon nodded and sincerely said, “I am so happy for you.”

 

 

Hyunwoo frowned and turned to look at Sooyeon (who was still focused on driving), “I am sorry for leaving you too, I know the timing is not at its best with Yoogun not around and – “

 

 

“Hyunwoo-yah, stop.”

 

 

Hyunwoo shut his mouth immediately as Sooyeon snapped at him. She drove to the roadside and park temporarily because she had to clear the air once and for all, she knew he was carrying the burdens of the world on his shoulders. She turned and stared at Hyunwoo affectionately, “You deserve happiness, Hyunwoo-yah. Your happiness is more important than anything in this world for me, but it’s not with me. You know I love you but not the way I love Yoogun and we all know that. I can’t love you the way you want me to.”

 

 

“But I –“

 

 

Sooyeon shook her head adamantly, “You are totally mistaken if you think I am not happy. I am thoroughly happy, knowing that Yoogun loved me with all of his heart. The current situation doesn’t even matter because I know he loved me.” Sooyeon looked lovingly at her ring.

 

 

“But I shot you.” Hyunwoo said, matter-of-factly.

 

 

“So?” Sooyeon shrugged nonchalantly and raised an eyebrow challengingly at Hyunwoo, “You didn’t kill me, did you? I am quite satisfied with your previous groveling for me to grant you my forgiveness. Do I need to shoot you back for us to get even?”

 

 

Hyunwoo frowned, thinking if Sooyeon shooting him would make it even.

 

 

“Oh my God, you are not taking it seriously, aren’t you?” Sooyeon widened her eyes, horrified at Hyunwoo’s silence. “I was just joking. Oh my God, Hyunwoo-yah. You should stop doing that. Be selfish. Be selfish and chase after Yoseob. Chase after your happiness. You hear me?”

 

 

Hyunwoo nodded and mumbled, “Be selfish…”

 

 

Sooyeon smiled, “Yes. Be selfish. And be happy.”

 

 

Hyunwoo grinned and Sooyeon grinned back. She unbuckled her seatbelt and leaned forward to envelop Hyunwoo in a warm hug. “I am so happy for you.”

 

 

“I ed up.”

 

 

Sooyeon shook her head on Hyunwoo’s shoulder and patted his back encouragingly, “That’s what you said on the letter, too. But trust me you did not. Everything is going to be fine.”

 

 

“So will you help me?” Hyunwoo asked, a tinge of hope in his voice.

 

 

Sooyeon shoved Hyunwoo away playfully and glared with feign annoyance at him, “Tsk, everyone wants something from me.” She buckled herself back and rolled her eyes, “Of course, I will help you, silly. I'm not going to see you die out of misery.”

 

 

“Thank you.” Hyunwoo frowned as he whispered his gratitude to Sooyeon.

 

 

Sooyeon laughed, “Okay, tell me about it. I hate hiccups and bad surprises.” She was back to driving, nodding randomly as Hyunwoo told her his plan.

 

 

<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>

 

 

It was two days later when Sooyeon leant back on her car – which was parked on the airport ground, a good few yards away from the plane – black sunglasses perched on her nose. She crossed her hands in front of her body as she waited for the super important passenger to appear from inside the plane.

 

 

Yoseob was swarmed by the security guards as soon as he stepped out from the private plane, protecting him from the attack of his fans once he reached the public arrival gate. Sooyeon smirked because Yoseob would not be going out to the public arrival gate. One of the perks of being in the NSS was that they were familiar with the airport personnel and were allowed access to the airport ground, the closest point anyone could get to an aircraft. She was not one to abuse her power but Hyunwoo’s desperate situation called for some desperate measures.

 

 

She pushed herself away from her car and walked towards Yoseob. She called his name, “Yang Yoseob!”

 

 

The whole group of people turned to look at the well-dressed woman who stood confidently with black sunglasses over her eyes. Yoseob widened his eyes in surprise, “Sooyeon Noona?”

 

 

She approached Yoseob and removed her sunglasses, eyes forming half-crescents as she smiled brightly. “How are you, Yoseobah?”

 

 

Yoseob sputtered because he was not ready to face whatever that he was supposed to face, and that translated mostly to Sooyeon. He was tired – the long flights back and forth, the activities, the press conference, not to mention the whole Hyunwoo and Sooyeon and amusement park which did not amuse him in the least – and he just wanted to sleep everything off.

 

 

Yoseob frowned, he was too tired to fake a sincere smile, “Noona, what are you doing here? How could you get here?”

 

 

Sooyeon tilted her head a little – too cute, in Yoseob’s opinion – and she said, “I’m here to pick you up. I have things to talk to you. Don’t worry, I won’t put your life in danger.” She smiled assuringly when Yoseob narrowed his eyes and hesitation flitted across his handsome but tired face. “I won’t do anything you are not comfortable with. Anyway you won’t need to face your raging fans out there because I have my car over here.” Sooyeon flicked her head to her white car on the airport ground.

 

 

Yoseob was silent as he looked at Jintaek, Kikwang and Dongwoon – who were all too shocked by the event and too enraptured by Sooyeon’s pretty face and mature appearance. He frowned.

 

 

“Yes?” Sooyeon prodded.  

 

 

Yoseob was silent for a while before he sighed in defeat. There was no way he could get away from this mess, and he had to get it straight once and for all anyways. He looked at a smiling Sooyeon and turned to face his entourage. “Hyung,” Yoseob said to Jintaek, “I’ll call you when and where to pick up. I’m going with Noona.”

 

 

Jintaek nodded dumbly as he stared at a very put-together Sooyeon while Kikwang and Dongwoon frowned in worry. Yoseob laughed and patted both of his dongsaengs’ back, “Don’t worry, I’ll call you both, too.”

 

 

Yoseob was confused as he asked questions after questions to the older woman – questions which are not related to Hyunwoo or her. Sooyeon ushered Yoseob to her car (after the last wave to the still-stunned group) and told her she would explain everything in the car.  

 

 

Once they were inside, she locked the door and said mischievously, “Anyways, I am kidnapping you.”

 

 

“What?” Yoseob shrieked.

 

 

“It’s going to be great.” Sooyeon hummed a cheerful song and put the car in reverse to the exit.