Color 12

Irises Collage

Finally this is up OTL it's kind of short and I am very very sorry for the late update T.T I wrote this in like a few hours so beware of any mistakes. Ugh i need to rest I'm so tired lols. 

 

 

“Are you sure this is safe?”

 

 

Yoseob rolled his eyes while Dongwoon and Kikwang looked earnestly at Hyunwoo who had asked the same question for the millionth time.

 

 

“Yah, seriously. Is this safe?” Hyunwoo motioned to the big yellow floats tied to a dock pillar. The float was shaped like a huge sofa, with attached backrest and everything else so that the occupants can sit comfortably with their backs resting. The float was meant for water relaxation instead of intensive water sport.

 

 

Yoseob huffed in annoyance and pointed dismissively at Hyunwoo, “Dongni, throw him into the water. He annoys the out of me.” Hyunwoo raised his eyebrows at Yoseob’s words and Dongwoon cringed, knowing there was not any malice behind it but still wary if it did escalate into something they would rather not happen.  

 

 

It was a lovely summer morning, the sun was shining bright, the clouds were white, the sky was a clear blue. And Yoseob decided it was perfect weather for an outdoor water relaxation, so he kidnapped all Kikwang, Dongwoon and Hyunwoo to go with him (of course Hyunwoo grumbled and complaint, but he went on with it anyway). With just a few calls away, Yoseob had managed to arrange everything for the spontaneous trip – the power of his popularity and having the right contacts.

 

 

And suddenly they were here, four of them with orange life jackets strapped on tight, waiting for the boat to arrive and the fun to begin. Everyone was excited about it, although they were initially forced to do it. Well, except for Hyunwoo because the older man could not stop worrying about everything.  

 

 

“Have you guys done this before?” Hyunwoo asked as he checked again his already-tight-and-safe orange life jacket. Kikwang and Dongwoon nodded earnestly while Yoseob sighed, he was starting to think that asking Hyunwoo for an outdoor water relaxation – not even water sport – was a mistake.

 

 

Quickly changing his strategy to calm the older man down, Yoseob walked up to Hyunwoo and stood closely in front of him. He looked up to see the handsome man staring down at him. “Ahjussi, don’t worry, okay? We’ve done this before and it was absolutely safe. We will just sit down on the float, relaxed and safe, and the boat will pull it to cruise through the water. That’s it. We are not adrenaline junkies, we don’t do dangerous stuff.”

 

 

Immediately Hyunwoo’s face softened and he smiled, genuine and sincere. He started to check on Yoseob’s life jacket too – again, he just could not help it. He nodded, “I’m old, y’know. I don’t do stuff that young people like you guys did. I’m sorry for over reacting, it’s just that I’ve seen dangerous things before and I don’t want any of you to endanger your lives.”

 

 

Flashes of Yoogun and Sooyeon and a group of masked people appeared before his eyes. Big explosions, cars tumbling, fires and smokes, bullets and guns, ear-splitting screams – everything blurred into one big mess of catastrophe.

 

 

“Ahjussi, you okay?” Yoseob nudged Hyunwoo gently on the stomach. “Ahjussi… Ahjussi… you okay?”

 

 

Hyunwoo jolted back from his memories and looked down to a worried Yoseob. “Yea – yeah. I’m fine, I’m just…”

 

 

“Don’t worry too much,” Yoseob wrapped his hands around Hyunwoo’s middle and rested his head on the orange life jacket. He hugged Hyunwoo tightly to pacify the older man. Yoseob just wished they were not wearing their bulky life jackets and he could actually feel Hyunwoo’s warm and strong chest against his body. “Kikwang would be the first one to drown if what we are doing is dangerous.”

 

 

Kikwang and Dongwoon gaped at their Hyung’s brazenness for hugging Hyunwoo from the back. They were waiting for an angry explosion from Hyunwoo, but instead the older man wrapped his own arms around Yoseob. Both of them felt like an outsider watching some sappy drama, it was just absolutely awkward.  

 

 

Hyunwoo hugged Yoseob back gingerly, his voice soft, “Does Kikwang swim?”

 

 

Yoseob looked up and grinned, “Yes, but he is the worst out of me and Dongwoon.”

 

 

“That’s not good,” Hyunwoo frowned but Yoseob found it absolutely loveable. He loved how Hyunwoo was always concerned about other people – although he would appreciate if the older man would relax a little more. The younger man chuckled and winked, “Dongwoon will take care of him. So you have to take care of me.” Hyunwoo shook his head in amusement at the impossible young man wrapped around him.

 

 

“Umm… Hyung… Uhh…” Dongwoon murmured his words out, afraid to disturb the delicate moment between his Hyung and his Hyung-nim. “Uhh… Hyung…”

 

 

Yoseob turned his head around to look at a flustered Dongwoon with Kikwang plastered against his side. “What?”

 

 

Dongwoon pointed to the new shiny speedboat, “The boat is here.”

 

 

Yoseob pouted a little as he unwrapped his hands from Hyunwoo’s body, but not without a last quick squeeze, and bounced towards the end of the dock, pulling Hyunwoo along by the wrist. Dongwoon laughed at his Hyung’s ridiculous act and Kikwang started chortling upon seeing an oblivious expression on Hyunwoo’s face. The older man was amusingly unaware of Yoseob’s devious skinship.

 

 

“Hi, Kwan Hyung!” Yoseob chirped happily and beamed to the handsome man behind the speedboat. He was broad and tanned, white teeth gleaming when he smiled sweetly to Yoseob. He removed the black sunglasses, revealing deep eyes with attractive chicken feet at the corners of his eyes. He was wearing all white; white billowy pants and white baggy shirt, three buttons undone, showing off tanned muscled chest. His hair was black and slightly wavy, unruly as the wind blew over it.

 

 

Hyunwoo looked at himself and felt how different he was with this man, with just his normal shorts, normal tee, and normal cap. This was a vast improvement from his usual suit and coat, but still he felt totally out of league with this man (who was probably the same age as him), and judging from the way this Kwan guy was observing him with such intensity, lingering a little too long at where Yoseob held his wrist.

 

 

“Hi, babe. How are you?” He smiled sweetly again to Yoseob.

 

 

Yoseob scrunched his nose cutely at the endearment, “Ew, don’t call me that.” He hated when Kwan called him that, he hated when Kwan called him anything but his own name. Kwan laughed and waved over to Dongwoon and Kikwang. “Hi, guys! Oh wow, Dongni, I love your brown hair.”

 

 

Dongwoon beamed at him as he ruffled his own hair, “Thanks, Hyung. It’s new. Oh, Kikwang Hyung is going to change his hair to red.” Dongwoon said enthusiastically while Kikwang slapped Dongwoon with no real strength behind it. Kwan laughed again, “I’m sure you’ll be great with red hair, Kwangie. It suits you, the fiery red.” Kikwang bowed a little, and started hitting Dongwoon again.

 

 

“And who is this new addition?” Kwan eyed Hyunwoo, who stared back with the same intensity with his almond eyes.

 

 

Yoseob jumped excitedly as he wrapped his hands around Hyunwoo again, this time from the side, so that the younger man was pressed against Hyunwoo’s hand. “Oh, this is Hyunwoo! Ahjussi, this is Kwan Hyung. Kwan Hyun this is Hyunwoo Ahjussi.”

 

 

“Ahjussi?” Kwan raised his eyebrows in amusement. That was a strange term of endearment.

 

 

Yoseob smiled brightly and nodded, “Yes! And he gave me a huge teddy bear. It is currently sitting pretty on my bed.” Kwan tilted his head, how deep had the relationship gone between these two unlikely people?

 

 

There was something akin to electric charge passed between the two older men as they stared, observing each other in detail. Hyunwoo nodded his head politely, smiling inwardly because he was the one Yoseob was hugging instead of the perfect Daniel Henney man behind the steering wheel. “Great meeting you. I would like to shake your hand but I’m a little occupied right now.” Hyunwoo wriggled a little from the tight hug and smiled apologetically. Kwan laughed again, “It’s okay. It’s nice to meet you too.”

 

 

Yoseob released Hyunwoo from his hug and walked towards the speedboat, beckoning Kikwang and Dongwoon to come nearer. “Hyung, I’m sorry for calling you out so suddenly. But the weather is just too perfect today and I cannot hold myself back. Thank you for coming, though.”

 

 

Kwan shook his head, “What wouldn’t I do for my lovely Yoseob? I will come for you even on the edge of the world. Come on, hop onto the float!” He winked to Yoseob and Hyunwoo felt his heart fell a little from his chest.

 

 

“You sap,” Yoseob pouted in feigned annoyance as Dongwoon climbed onto the yellow float, “And anyway, the world is round so there is no edge and I have Ahjussi to call.” Kwan laughed again, forever amused by Yoseob’s resistance towards his charm.

 

 

When Kikwang was about to hop on beside Dongwoon, Hyunwoo stopped him and talked to Yoseob. “Kid, you go sit beside Dongwoon. Kikwang will sit beside me.”

 

 

“What?” Three voices asked at the same time. Kikwang and Dongwoon really wanted to sit beside each other and Yoseob absolutely wished to sit beside Hyunwoo.

 

 

Hyunwoo frowned, “Kikwang is the worst swimmer among us, you said so. I’ll sit on the edge beside him in case anything happens. You sit in the middle beside Dongwoon.” Hyunwoo pointed to Yoseob authoritatively. The younger man pouted but obliged anyways. Yoseob purposely did not tell him that Dongwoon fell into the water on their last experience, there was no need to add some anxiety to the forever-worried old man.

 

 

So Yoseob sat next to Dongwoon on the float, sitting comfortably, leaning back onto the backrest. Kikwang hopped on and Hyunwoo was the last to settle in.

 

 

“Hyung, I want to sit next to Kwangki Hyung.” Dongwoon whispered his whine to Yoseob. The famous idol shot him an irritated look, “Do you think I want to sit next to you? Tch…” Yoseob gritted his teeth, “But I’m not going to argue with Ahjussi. So you sit tight.” Dongwoon curled his lips in annoyance. He leaned forward to see his beloved Kikwang Hyung being fussed over by Hyunwoo – is your life jacket strapped on tight? I have checked Yoseob’s, has Dongwoon’s checked yours? – Dongwoon leaned back and sighed as the boat started going and the huge yellow float was pulled forward.

 

 

<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>

 

 

It was already early evening when they finally finished treading over the water on the huge and comfortable yellow float. They stopped a few times on other docks and Yoseob had rearranged their seats to his desired position – which made everybody happy, except for the worrywart Ahjussi – but Yoseob would not be a superstar if he gave up easily – other people gave in to his whims, not him giving in to other people’s whims. So by the second round onwards, Yoseob plastered himself against Hyunwoo, clinging to the older man’s hand during the whole time. Kikwang and Dongwoon, too, were in their own world and had no complaint whatsoever when Yoseob asked Kwan Hyung for another round. Yoseob gave Hyunwoo a mini heart attack when he plunged into the water, calling the others to join him because the water was too refreshing.

 

 

The scolding for carelessly jumping into the water did not cease, even after they were all now already seated inside a ramen restaurant and waiting for the food to arrive. “Aish, what were you thinking, seriously? This is ridiculous. And both of you,” Hyunwoo pointed accusingly to Kikwang and Dongwoon, “following him into that water. Do you know what’s inside the water? You don’t even know what you guys are jumping into.”

 

 

All of them were tired and happy, unfazed by the continuous nagging coming out from Hyunwoo’s mouth. Yoseob was just too delirious in happiness from being so close to Hyunwoo the whole time and he soaked up every worry Hyunwoo had for him when he jumped into the water. Kikwang and Dongwoon were always too lost in their own world, as usual, and were not even slightly bothered by Hyunwoo at all. So the three of them just sat pretty and listened quietly to Hyunwoo.

 

 

“And anyway who is that Kwan guy? How do you know him?” Hyunwoo asked.

 

 

“Huh? Kwan Hyung?” Yoseob poured some water into a glass for Hyunwoo, “He is just an acquaintance. He is the son of my appa’s friend. His father owns some financial company thing or something.” Yoseob shrugged dismissively, not interested in talking about Kwan right now.

 

 

“But he totally likes Yoseob,” Kikwang adds absentmindedly, “remember when he flew to Tokyo just because Hayoon Noona left first?”

 

 

Dongwoon quickly turned around to glare at Kikwang because he did not just brought up Hayoon’s name. Kikwang immediately realized his mistake and widened his eyes in horror. Something bad about to happen. But Yoseob was too happy to remember he was supposed to be hurt and angry over the breakup. Instead, he laughed and poured more water for Dongwoon and Kikwang, “It was a disaster, oh my god. I will never, ever, go with him again. He is just so… just no. Thank you very much.”

 

 

“Hayoon Noona?” Hyunwoo asked, eyebrows knitted together as the name struck to him. There were too many stories about Yoseob’s past that he did not know. And he did not like not knowing.

 

 

“It’s nothing! She isn’t some – “ Dongwoon stuttered out and stepped on Kikwang’s foot under the table. His babo Hyung should not have said anything at all because when Yoseob was absolutely a when he was angry or annoyed.  

 

 

“She was my girlfriend.” Yoseob said nonchalantly like he never mourned for losing her, like he never cried many nights for her, like he never starved himself for her, like he never went ballistic for her. Yoseob shrugged dismissively, “It was a long time ago.” Dongwoon and Kikwang looked at each other in confusion, it seemed like their beloved Hyung had been over Hayoon Noona, and this was absolutely good news! Finally the time had come.

 

 

Hyunwoo’s frown got deeper. “But I thought Kwan… so you like both guys and girls?”

 

 

Kikwang gawked at Hyunwoo’s innocent question while Dongwoon pinched himself to make sure that this was actually really happening right now, that Hyunwoo had just asked the most ridiculous thing to a world-famous idol. Yoseob smirked and seductively his lips. “No baby,” he drawled out, “I like you.”

 

 

The silence that followed was deafening. No one moved from their positions, except for Hyunwoo who frowned slightly at the endearment. It was as if the water made Hyunwoo stupid and he was hearing things. Yoseob kept his stare at Hyunwoo and the seductive smirked stayed on his face. The older man cleared his throat and awkwardly called the Ahjumma to ask for their food. Dongwoon and Kikwang were still in shock over Yoseob’s straightforward confession but said nothing about it, they had seen him telling ‘I love you’ to other people but they knew it was because Yoseob was an affectionate person. But this confession, it was absolutely beyond them. The idol bit his lips to prevent his giggles from coming out – awkward and flustered Ahjussi was totally adorable and Yoseob was loving every second of it.

 

Finally, taking mercy on Hyunwoo, he turned to Dongwoon and Kikwang and asked, “How was the amusement park date?”

 

 

Kikwang blushed as he recounted all of the things they did in the park, things that couples did, while Dongwoon commented or added to the story once in a while. Hyunwoo smiled softly at them, loving them as brothers even more. He had never had any siblings before, the closest he had to an older brother was Team Leader Jung – and now he was gone too.

 

 

Team Leader Jung.

 

 

Team Leader Jung… Sooyeon.

 

 

Sooyeon.

 

 

He remembered Sooyeon.

 

 

“Would going to the amusement park cheer up a sad person?” Hyunwoo asked suddenly.

 

 

All three of them nodded. Hyunwoo understood where he would take Sooyeon to brighten her up a little after the tragedy.

 

 

“Why?” Yoseob asked, but the older man shook his head and muttered a short ‘nothing’. The younger man was curious, there was something going on but he would not press the issue because he did not want to bicker right now. He was too happy.

 

 

The food came and all of them sighed in delight because they were dying of hunger and the food seemed extra delicious. Everyone was excited about their food when Yoseob was strangely quiet.

 

 

“What’s wrong?” Hyunwoo looked at a frowning Yoseob.

 

 

Yoseob’s mouth curved down as he showed Hyunwoo his rice mix. “I hate green beans.”

 

 

Hyunwoo looked down to find the rice was mixed with peeled corn and green beans, it was as healthy as it was mouthwatering. “The rice looked absolutely delicious Yoseob-ah. Come on, don’t be a baby.”

 

 

Yoseob shook his head violently, “I’m gonna ask for normal rice. I hate green beans.”

 

 

Yoseob was about to put up his hand to call for the Ahjumma when Hyunwoo snatched the rice bowl away from Yoseob and poured the whole rice mix onto a clean plate. He then started to pick away the green beans, leaving the rice and corn.

 

 

“You don’t mind corn, do you?” Hyunwoo asked while still focusing on separating the green beans away.

 

 

“Yes.” Yoseob was smiling so widely his jaw could unhinge.

 

 

Hyunwoo nodded, “I’ll get all beans out for you but you need to eat this. This is healthy rice mix, it’s much better for you than normal rice. You can have my ramen if you are hungry now.”

 

 

Dongwoon and Kikwang were looking at Hyunwoo like the older man had suddenly grown three heads. Who in their right mind would pick on rice mix just because Yoseob hated green beans?

 

 

“That is so… romantic…” Kikwang crooned.

 

 

Dongwoon shook his head, “Yoseob Hyung, you are so spoiled.”

 

 

Yoseob beamed as Hyunwoo scooped the green-bean-free rice mix back into the bowl and handed it to the younger man.

 

 

“It’s okay,” Hyunwoo said, “He is still a kid, anyway.”

 

 

Yoseob grinned on every mouthful of his rice. This was definitely the most delicious bowl of rice he had ever tasted.