Color 16

Irises Collage

OMG i have so many things to do *cries* but ofc an update for you guys because Floren had been bugging me to update based on my 'schedule'. She said she represented all of you who wanted an update but too embarassed to bug me on twitter... my goodness i am planning to write everything into one chapter but i need to cut it into a few chapters, i crap too much OTL Anyways all mistakes are mine and i hope they won't distract your reading pleasure :)

 

 

 

 

“WHAT?” Yoseob wailed, shrinking back in the passenger seat as far as he could, away from Sooyeon.

 

 

Sooyeon put on her sunglasses back coolly and focused on the endless road stretching out in front of her. She hummed a happy tune, ignoring Yoseob and the horror on his small, young face.

 

 

“What is going on, Noona?” Yoseob squeaked, eyes widening in ultimate fear. He did not want to die today.

 

 

Sooyeon then looked at him briefly and smiled ever so sweetly before focusing back on the road ahead, “I’m kidnapping you, didn’t I say it before?” She adjusted the air conditioner inside the car, “Don’t you think it’s a little stuffy inside?”

 

 

“I don’t want to die.” Yoseob blurted out quickly, further shrinking in his seat.

 

 

This time it was Sooyeon’s turn to raise her eyebrows in amusement behind her black sunglasses. She laughed brightly, a far contrast to a terrified Yoseob. “I’m not gonna kill you, silly.” Her voice was laced with sweet laughter. “Hyunwoo will kill me if anything happens to you.”

 

 

At the mere mention of Hyunwoo’s name, Yoseob tensed from head to toe. He frowned in displeasure because he did not want anything to do with Hyunwoo… he did not want anything to do with Hyunwoo and Sooyeon together because that would just be a detestable sight for him. He did not hate any of them, on the contrary, he loved both of them dearly. But seeing them together… was absolutely horrible and Yoseob did not want to hurt himself anymore. Loving is hurting him, and seeing the one he loved loving someone else hurt him beyond anyone’s comprehension. all those people who said that they would be happy if their loved ones were happy, even with someone else. Yoseob wanted his loved one to be happy with him. He was a selfish bastard but he did not give a winking .  

 

 

“You’re not asking anything?” Sooyeon asked a suddenly silent Yoseob as she turned the car to the right.

 

 

Yoseob shook his head. Hearing Hyunwoo’s name from Sooyeon’s lips shook his core and shut him up right then.

 

 

“Aren’t you curious? Where are we going, what am I doing, what is going to happen to you… No? Nothing? Not curious at all?” Sooyeon stole a glance to a tense Yoseob. “Okay then. You can sleep or turn on the radio or adjust the air conditioner or if you are – “

 

 

“How is Ahjussi?” Yoseob asked dispassionately, he was looking out of the window and onto the sky, avoiding any eye contact. 

 

 

She smiled, “He’s good. How are you, Yoseobah?”

 

 

“I’ve been better.” His tone stayed flat.

 

 

Sooyeon sighed quietly. Hyunwoo’s apartment was quite a distance from the airport and she knew Yoseob was in no mood to chat her up; that much she understood. She thought it was horrifying how the bubbly, cheerful and bouncy world idol was reduced to this depressed young man with tired eyes. His broken heart was as clear as day.

 

 

It was silent inside the car. Yoseob was thankful that Sooyeon seemed to be aware of his discomfort, and instead of talking to him or asking him questions, she kept quiet, focusing on the street in front of them. Yoseob just could not be bothered anymore – wherever they were heading to – he just wanted everything to be over so he could sleep on his huge lonely bed, and maybe cry a little again. Hyunnie stayed on the bed because he was just comfortable to sleep with; Yoseob almost chucked him to the corner of his wardrobe one day, but that would be unfair to the big soft bear because whatever that Hyunwoo did should not be taken out on him, so Hyunnie stayed… and he was comfortable to cuddle.

 

 

The radio was not switched on, there was no other sound other than the soft purring of the car engine. Yoseob turned to look forward because his neck was feeling quite stiff from turning sideways for too long, when he saw a dainty necklace with a small diamond hanging from the rear mirror. He tilted his head a little in confusion. The necklace looked quite pricey so why would it hang on the rearview mirror instead of on her neck?

 

 

“That’s a nice necklace.” Yoseob croaked out, his voice scratchy from not talking for a while.

 

 

Sooyeon smiled to Yoseob, answering off-handedly, “It’s from Hyunwoo.”

 

 

“It’s from Ahjussi?”

 

 

Sooyeon nodded while Yoseob physically winced from the pain crawling up his spine that went with the bit of information.

 

 

“I only buy jewelry for someone I really care about.” Yoseob remembered very clearly what Hyunwoo had told him when he asked the older man to buy him things from Hungary. Yoseob’s face hardened instantly because everything was falling in place for Hyunwoo and Sooyeon. The amusement park, the confession, and now the necklace; Yoseob saw the big picture now and he was definitely not in it. He did not want to be in the picture, he just wanted away from him and her and them being together and everything else about them.

 

 

He stayed quiet afterwards, not asking further questions because he did not want to know, he did not want to be here, he did not want to be with her, he did not want to go wherever she was driving them to, he did not want to meet Ahjussi again, he did not want to get his heart broken again because there was nothing left to be broken, he did not want –

 

 

“We are going Hyunwoo’s apartment, for your information.” Sooyeon quipped, breaking the silence and Yoseob’s thoughts.

 

 

“Oh.” That was one word coming out of Yoseob’s mouth.

 

 

“Do you want to know why?”

 

 

Because you wanted to tell me that he was yours, you wanted to show him off, you wanted to tell me to get away from him, you wanted me to know that I was never going to get a chance with him, you wanted to tell me that I was an underage pest compared to you, you wanted to –

 

 

Yoseob shrugged nonchalantly.

 

 

“Because he needs to grovel for your forgiveness.” Sooyeon said gently, she could not endure another minute of hostile silence anymore and she could not stand another minute of those tired eyes clouded by unbearable pain. She knew how that felt when she lost Yoogun.

 

 

Yoseob scoffed, “It’s fine if you are both together, he doesn’t need any forgiveness from me. I am just a kid he babysits sometimes.” The idol said bitterly, that was why Hyunwoo would not stop calling him a kid.

 

 

“Who are together?” Sooyeon asked, confused. “Hyunwoo and I?” She laughed when Yoseob kept silent, “We are not together, Yoseobah. Why would you think we are?”

 

 

Yoseob’s dam finally broke as he vomited all of his frustrations there and then, “I saw both of you going on a date to the amusement park and I heard when he confessed to you. And this necklace,” Yoseob motioned towards the hanging innocent object, “He told me he only bought jewelry for people he cared deeply for. And he bought this for you. I have always known Ahjussi likes you – loves you more appropriately – but then because there was Team Leader Jung, I thought… I thought… maybe… but then he was not around anymore, so obviously you guys are hitting it together.”

 

 

 He was trying to get himself together and bit back a sob. He would not cry in front of this woman.

 

 

“How do you know about the amusement park?”

 


“Because I was the sheep costume both of you took picture with.” Yoseob almost screamed. He was frustrated all right, but having an opportunity to vent it out on Sooyeon was wonderful, and he almost lost his manner for a second, almost. He was absolutely irritated as he crossed his arms and huffed in his seat, an obvious angry pout on his face.

 

 

Yoseob was supposed to look angry and scary, but at the moment, he looked nothing short of young and adorable. And this made Sooyeon chuckled, because the idol was way too loveable for his own good. Yoseob gave her a deathly glare as she laughed softly at him.

 

 

“Ah…” Sooyeon nodded, everything was finally coming together. The sheep costume who gave Hyunwoo his key back at the restaurant, and she bet Yoseob must be in total shock when he saw them together in the park. “No wonder the sheep was so cute, it was you inside the costume.”

 

 

Yoseob narrowed his eyes despicably and Sooyeon stopped laughing. He was not amused. She cleared awkwardly and turned the car left this time, ready to share her story to Yoseob. He deserved to know. “You know, Yoseobah. Hyunwoo and I are not together. We never were and never are. It’s true that Hyunwoo held a torch for me but it was over and there is nothing of that sort now, trust me. The confession, the necklace… those are his ways of ending it with me – not that there is anything to start with – his way of letting himself go and start anew with you.”

 

 

She glanced at the idol and saw that Yoseob was still uptight and angry. Sooyeon continued, “I’m sure he sounds like a coward to you right now, but you have to remember that he is old and he has never been in love with someone much younger before. This is all new to him, you and your merry ways, and… just you in the entirety. His way of living and looking at the world is totally different and he is scared, so scared of changes because he has been living the way he had lived for so many years. Do you understand me, Yoseobah?”

 

 

Yoseob nodded a little and let out a soft ‘yes’ at her.

 

 

She inhaled and sighed heavily, “The park… Hyunwoo brought me there out of the goodness of his heart. Something happened to Team Leader Jung and for the time being he is not around anymore. So it was just Hyunwoo’s way to cheer up a colleague.”

 

 

“What happened to Team Leader Jung?” Yoseob asked innocently, his voice now soft and he was back to the kind-hearted Yoseob.

 

 

Sooyeon her lips, trying to hold back tears, “He won’t be around for a little while, that’s all.”

 

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

 

“Don’t be,” Sooyeon smiled.

 

 

“I know everything is going to be fine.” Yoseob added. Sooyeon smiled and patted his thigh affectionately, saying a soft ‘thank you’. She turned to the left again and drove up a tree-lined lane where Yoseob spotted casually-clothed Hyunwoo standing at the drop-off lane of an apartment building.

 

 

Yoseob started to panic because he did not want to meet Hyunwoo now, “Noona, can we turn around? Please, please? I don’t want to meet him now. I’m tired, please. Can we just –“

 

 

However his begging was too late when Sooyeon stopped right in front of Hyunwoo and the older man immediately opened the passenger door, hovering over the opening to stop any attempt of Yoseob running away.

 

 

“Hi, Hyunwoo.” Sooyeon greeted him warmly and grinned because everything was so cute right now. Yoseob was back to sulking and shrinking himself into the seat while Hyunwoo was obviously tense but determined. “Hi Sooyeon, thanks for driving Yoseob here, he could be a handful sometimes.”

 

 

Her grin went wider, “It’s okay, he was a darling all the way here.”

 

 

“Hello! I am here if you guys haven’t noticed!” Yoseob piped up, irritated because they were talking about him like he was a country away.

 

 

Hyunwoo tsk-ed at Yoseob affectionately and smiled, “Yes, yes, I know you are here. I need to talk to you.”

 

 

Yoseob gave him an evil glare because he was angry again, he felt betrayed, and he was so furious beyond reason. “I don’t need to talk to you.” He was not budging from his defensive seating posture.

 

 

“But I do.”

 

 

“Yeah? Well, too bad because I don’t.”

 

 

“So you want to play this game, then?”

 

 

“What game? Just because you think I’m a kid, it doesn’t mean I play games.”

 

 

“Am I calling you a kid right now?”

 

 

“I am not talking to you –“

 

 

“Boys,” Sooyeon cut their bickering off, “I need to go right now and I’m sorry, Yoseobah, but you cannot stay in here.”

 

 

Yoseob turned to her quickly with a shocked face which turned immediately to his puss-in-boots pleading face, “Are you kicking me out? I’m going with you wherever you need to go and I can get a taxi from there or whatever because I am not –“

 

 

Yoseob squealed so loudly when he felt a quick work on his seatbelt one second and he was up in the air the next second. Hyunwoo hauled him up onto his shoulder with Yoseob’s head down the older man’s back and his knees locked in place by Hyunwoo’s arm.

 

 

“YAH, WHAT THE ! GET ME DOWN RIGHT NOW! YOU! I WANT DOWN RIGHT NOW! LET ME GO! THIS IS SCARY! AHJUSSSIIIIII!!!” Yoseob was screaming his head off, while one of his hands was pulling out Hyunwoo’s hair harshly. His legs were totally useless because Hyunwoo clamped them so tightly while blood was rushing so quickly to his head and the world was upside down and Yoseob was losing his centre of gravity –

 

 

“Thanks, Ji Sooyeon.” Hyunwoo beamed at her, ignoring the pain from his scalp as Yoseob continued pulling on his hair. Sooyeon was laughing so hard she could not even reply and instead gave him a thumb-up before driving off.

 

 

Yoseob had visibly calmed down a little as he stopped abusing Hyunwoo’s hair and plopped down Hyunwoo’s back, maybe because he was tired and exhausted and his head was swimming a little from all the blood rushing to his head, “Ahjussi, this is ing scary! Let me down right now!”

 

 

Hyunwoo walked leisurely into his apartment with Yoseob still squirming on his shoulder, “Because it is scary, then you should stop wriggling. What if you fall down on your head?”

 

 

“Then let me down, I can ing walk on my own two ing feet.”

 

 

Hyunwoo winced at Yoseob’s colorful language. He strode towards the elevator and pressed the up button, “I am not letting you down because you will definitely run and I’m not an idiot. Stay put. I am not going to drop you, okay. Just stay put. You should mind your language young man, you are not old enough to say profanities.”

 

 

“Heh, so now I’m back to a kid? I am just a kid that you babysit, aren’t I?” Yoseob scoffed.

 

 

Hyunwoo walked inside the car, pressed number seven and the car went up to the seventh floor. He sighed into the empty car, “I don’t mean it that way. You call me Ahjussi all the time and I just thought you are too young… we need to talk.”

 

 

“We can talk now and you can let me down and I can go home. The faster the better.” Yoseob spat biterly as he rested his head on Hyunwoo’s warm back, he was just so exhausted right now. The older man shook his head and turned to look at Yoseob’s flushed face, “I… There are so many things I need to explain and so many things you need to know.”

 

 

The elevator dinged open to an empty hallway and Hyunwoo walked to his unit in big strides, Yoseob has already calmed down and was now clutching onto his shirt tightly.

 

 

“Oh, Hyunwoo-yah!” A warm voice was suddenly heard, breaking the silence. Hyunwoo turned to his right and saw his bright-faced neighbor, Mr. Park, just came out from his apartment, ready to go out.

 

 

The agent bowed a little politely as the middle-aged man approached him. Yoseob, who found another opportunity, started to wriggle and scream for help, “HELP ME! HELP ME! He is kidnapping me. You have to help me! He is going to kill me! He is going to butcher me! I am Yang Yoseob the world-known idol!”

 

 

Hyunwoo and Mr. Park were both stunned in place. They both looked at each other awkwardly as Yoseob continued screaming and hitting Hyunwoo’s back. After few horrifying seconds of complete silence, Mr. Park started chuckling at the commotion, it was just hilarious to see his uptight but young neighbor hauling up an even younger boy on his shoulder who was screaming nonsense at the top of his lungs, their faces were both flushed although Hyunwoo was better at keeping his expression straight. Mr. Park continued laughing in which Hyunwoo followed, trying to break the awkward atmosphere.

 

 

The old man clasped Hyunwoo’s free shoulder warmly and smiled, “I hope you and Yoseob-sshi are having a good time. It’s okay to do things like this to spice it up a little bit, don’t be embarrassed. I shall be on my way now. You young people enjoy.” The middle aged man walked to the elevator, leaving two gawking men staring at him. Midway, Mr. Pak turned back and smiled, “There are beers on the fridge if you both need some refreshments.” He continued chuckling when Hyunwoo bowed politely to him and excused himself, hurrying to his unit.

 

 

Yoseob plopped back onto Hyunwoo’s back as he whispered in disbelief, “He doesn’t know me. He doesn’t know Yang Yoseob.”

 

 

Hyunwoo laughed warmly, “Of course he doesn’t know you, he is old.”

 

 

Yoseob huffed in frustration, “You are old too, don’t say bad things about other people.”

 

 

Hyunwoo kept his quiet as he fished out his key and opened the door to his apartment unit. Yoseob peeked a glance at the familiar key and keychain with Hyunwoo’s name engraved on it. He turned away from the horrible memory and started struggling anew. He just wanted to get away now. Really get away.

 

 

Yoseob started hitting Hyunwoo again, screaming to be let go because you are such a ing caveman, let me go! while the older man strode confidently inside his apartment, locked the door behind him and threw Yoseob onto his cushiony bouncy black leather sofa in the living room.

 

 

Yoseob was, again, thrown off his centre gravity and his headache was getting worse now that his blood rushed back downwards, and he spluttered, “I MEAN WHAT THE ACTUAL ! WHAT WAS THAT FOR YOU BIG ! THIS AND YOU I AM GONNA –“

 

 

Whatever profanities on Yoseob’s mind quickly disappeared as a pair of soft lips pressed against his. Yoseob widened his eyes in surprise because this was not happening to him, absolutely not. This was not a kiss, this was not a kiss, this was not a kiss. Hyunwoo moved his lips and a little on Yoseob’s upper lips.

 

 

, this was a kiss.

 

 

After what felt like an eternity, Hyunwoo finally moved back a little. Yoseob was not moving even a tiny bit, his eyes were still wide with shock.

 

 

“At least you are quiet now, can we talk?” Hyunwoo asked with a smile as he stood in front of a seated Yoseob.

 

 

Yoseob ears were buzzing, he could not hear anything because Hyunwoo just kissed him. The older man had just kissed him on the lips. Hyunwoo had just kissed Yoseob on the lips.

 

 

It made Yoseob’s blood boil to the core.

 

 

Yoseob swiftly stood up, anger burning in his eyes. He narrowed his eyes and breathed heavily through his nose like a bull. He took a step closer to Hyunwoo and swung a powerful punch on the older man’s handsome face. Hyunwoo was forced a few steps back – he was used to receiving punches and not even falling to the floor – while Yoseob ran to the door to escape.

 

 

Hyunwoo came to his senses quickly and ran to catch Yoseob with big strides. He caught up with the younger man and trapped him to the wall of the apartment entrance before the younger man even had the chance to reach the door, both wrists pinned to the wall next to Yoseob’s head.

 

 

“LET ME ING GO! LET ME GO! I MEAN IT YOU ING CAVEMAN!” Yoseob started screaming and wriggled away from being sandwiched between the wall and Hyunwoo’s sturdy body.

 

 

Yoseob did not stop struggling and screaming profanities at Hyunwoo, although his body was completely pinned under Hyunwoo’s and he was so exhausted from all of his activities and the flight and the struggling and everything else and his heavy heart and the pain and the hurt and the confusion and the kiss… and he let out a sob.

 

 

He let out a sob and another sob and another one and then tears started flowing freely out of his eyes and he could not stop the waterworks but he did not want this, he did not want to lose control in front of Hyunwoo, he did not want to expose his weakness, he did not want this, why would Hyunwoo do this to him? Why couldn’t he just let him go and mop in his misery? He did not want this.

 

 

Yoseob struggled to take his breath due to the intensity of his sobs as he started to cry miserably. The pressure on Yoseob’s wrists started to lessen and they were ultimately released altogether; he leaned back onto the wall and wailed.

 

 

Hyunwoo took the fragile man onto his arms and hugged the crying idol tightly in his embrace.

 

 

“I hate you… I hate you…” Yoseob howled as he weakly hit Ahjussi repeatedly on his back. “I hate you so much… I hate you…”

 

 

Hyunwoo winced because he felt slices in his heart when he felt how thin Yoseob was in his embrace, “Yeah?” He whispered lovingly to Yoseob’s ears, “That’s too bad because I love you. And I’m not letting you go.”