Colour 20

Irises Collage

Sorry for the late update! Mistakes are all mine and i hope they don't interfere with your reading pleasure <333

 

It was the second time Hyunwoo found Yoseob curled up in front of his front apartment door in the past few days, sleeping in awkward position, his black backpack carelessly tossed beside him. Since the first time Yoseob spent the night at Hyunwoo’s place, the younger man kept coming back almost every night – not that Hyunwoo was against it, more than anything the older man loved it, even thinking of ways to have Yoseob constantly at his place – but usually Yoseob would come home way after Hyunwoo was home because of his hectic schedules and events, so this was never a problem.

 

 

However today, Yoseob sent Hyunwoo a text at 7.38pm saying that he would be coming to spend the night with Hyunwoo but there were important issues and discussions at the NSS Headquarters and Hyunwoo had only checked his phone more or less five hours after; in which Hyunwoo ran his way to his car in the parking lot (Sooyeon widened her eyes in shock as Hyunwoo ran past her in ungodly speed and ignored her question of “where are you going?”) and crossed a few red lights here and there just to get home as soon as possible.

 

 

Still panting (he ran up the stairs instead of riding the elevator because it took forever to reach the parking lot), he stared at the sleeping bundle of adorableness in front of him. He sighed loudly because he wondered if he deserved Yoseob for himself. The younger man deserved someone better, someone who would indulge him in everything and be there for him every step of the way – and that person did not sound like Hyunwoo at all. He often wondered when Yoseob would snap out of his reverie and realized that there would be someone out there who was so much better than Hyunwoo.

 

 

Hyunwoo took out his key that had his name engraved on the keychain and opened the door. He bent down and slung Yoseob’s backpack on his own shoulder before gently scooping Yoseob up from the cold floor into his arms.

 

 

Yoseob opened his eyes groggily at the slight disturbance and found himself cocooned in safety and warmth, with a very familiar scent of Hyunwoo around him. He snuggled closer to Hyunwoo’s chest and groaned happily when Hyunwoo carried him to the bedroom.

 

 

“What have I told you about me not responding your texts. What if I’m not coming home today? You will be sleeping outside until I come back home?” Hyunwoo scolded a sleepy Yoseob tenderly because he knew that the young man was tired and it was his fault for not responding anyways, as he laid Yoseob down on the comfortable and soft bed.

 

 

Yoseob shook his head and opened his arms wide in the air, he wriggled cutely, “I want to snuggle. Snuggle…” Yoseob kicked his feet childishly. Hyunwoo just looked at the over-grown baby incredulously. Knowing that his baby act was not working on Hyunwoo, Yoseob quickly cut it out and folded his hands in front of his chest, annoyed. “I forgot my Hyunnie here and I couldn’t sleep without him. So I have to come here to get him. And why are you so busy, anyways? Are police always this busy? Are you some sort of detectives or agents from a secret governmental service or something?”

 

 

Hyunwoo’s eyes twitched at the direct question but did not show any signs of surprise because he was well-trained at keeping his identity and other secrets regarding the organization. Yoseob could just be sleep talking and he might not even remember whatever happened tonight by tomorrow morning.

 

 

Slowly, he walked to his clothing corner and placed the black backpack inside his wardrobe, he was sure it contained Yoseob’s clothes and necessities for a few days (Yoseob had been spending more and more time in Hyunwoo’s apartments recently), before taking out clean sweatpants and tee shirt for him to change into and sleep in. Hyunwoo did not say anything back to Yoseob but instead he walked to the windowsill to retrieve Hyunnie and walked around the bed to sit next to Yoseob on the edge.

 

 

The bed sunk a bit from Hyunwoo’s weight as Yoseob grabbed onto Hyunnie. The younger man quickly relaxed as he wrapped himself around the huge white teddy and made himself comfortable on his side of the bed – on Hyunwoo’s bed. Hyunwoo smiled affectionately as he caressed Yoseob’s hair and cheek while they both stared at each other in silence.

 

 

“I’m sorry for making you wait.” Hyunwoo said, his heart constricted in his chest. “It’s getting colder now, you should wear more layers.” Yoseob smiled up at the older man and leaned into his caresses. Hyunwoo continued, “I’m going to take a quick shower. Go sleep. I’ll join you in a bit.”

 

 

Yoseob nodded as he closed his eyes and was quickly asleep. He slept so soundly he did not even feel when a freshly-showered Hyunwoo slid into the comforter and pulled him back against a strong chest and a loving kiss was planted on his hair.

 

 

<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>/<>\<>

 

 

“Uhh.. why am I here again?”

 

 

Yoseob laughed vibrantly as Hyunwoo tailed the younger man awkwardly through the broadcasting building for a Music Core. Yoseob wanted to show Hyunwoo his work, what he did, how he did it, because he was sure the older man did not fully understand what an idol really was and what they really did. And as much as he wanted to show the world of Yang Yoseob to Seo Hyunwoo, he could not deny the pure joy from watching the older man squirm uncomfortably with every step he took. Yoseob quietly snickered as the muscle on Hyunwoo’s jaw twitched every now and then. Hah!

 

 

Walking confidently, Yoseob slid his arm around Hyunwoo’s and pulled the older man closer to his side. He looked up, beaming at a frowning Hyunwoo. “Because you love me.”

 

 

“You know I have to go in about an hour, right?” Hyunwoo asked. Yoseob nodded dismissively at the question. They had been arguing over this since morning; Yoseob wanted Hyunwoo to accompany him and meet other idols while Hyunwoo was adamant that he had to go to work. Yoseob had used a variety of ways – he had forced Hyunwoo, he had coaxed Hyunwoo – with kisses, with food (although it was just instant ramyun but hey, Yang Yoseob cooked), with clinginess, with s, with . But nothing worked because Hyunwoo was just that determined and disciplined. So they decided that Hyunwoo would accompany Yoseob until he had to go.

 

 

They went to the second floor of the MBC building and walked to the East Wing where the hallways of dressing rooms for Music Core were located. Hyunwoo had been here before once, he had watched Yoseob’s performance before he was whisked away to the airport for Hungary, he had seen the hallways before. But he did not remember everything to be this… crowded.

 

 

Yoseob strutted along the hallways, arm still linked to Hyunwoo’s as the younger man dragged him along, a bright smile plastered on his face when he greeted everyone – underage boys and girls with too little clothing. Hyunwoo had never been so uncomfortable in his whole life, eyes stared at him from head to toe, undressing him with every flick of their eyeballs, curious as what his relationship was to the super star, especially when they saw that Yoseob’s arm and his were linked together.

 

 

“Ah! Those are the Infinite guys, they are super popular nowadays… Ah, how are you?” Yoseob smiled as he patted gently a guy with small eyes. He was introduced as Sunggyu, a little shy and awkward Hyunwoo noted, before he had to go and get the rest of the Inifinte members to rehearse their stage later on.

 

 

After Sunggyu, there were more – guys and girls – whose names Hyunwoo could not remember. He recalled a girl named Bora though, with her super high heels and long black hair and too little clothes. Way too little clothes. He wondered if her parents allowed her to shake her in those outfits for public consumption; he would make sure Yoseob dress himself properly, with proper jackets and all.  

 

 

“Yah,” Yoseob hit him square on the chest, “Stop drooling after her .” He frowned and pouted in irritation.

 

 

Hyunwoo narrowed his eyes, he did not drool after her. “That was way too little clothes. I mean…” he shook his head in defeat, “Too little clothes. Make sure you wear proper clothes on stage.”

 

 

“Oh, you don’t know, do you?” Yoseob smirked sneakily, “I’m going to be topless later on. Y’know, with all of these muscles and abs I have obtained from boxing, I’m sure that my fans will – “

 

 

“What? You are not going topless.” Hyunwoo said, traumatized by the bit of information.

 

 

“Oh yes, I am. My image is all about fangirls’ fantasy and – “

 

 

“I’ll bring you back home and lock you inside so you – “

 

 

Yoseob laughed hysterically upon seeing Hyunwoo’s horrified face. “Of course not, silly! There are other men with muscles and abs whom girls would rather see than mine.” Yoseob could not stop laughing, “Bring me back home. Aw, are you jealous, baby?”

 

 

Hyunwoo frowned, he was not amused by the joke but Yoseob thought it was too hilarious because he did not stop laughing long after they were inside one of the dressing rooms that had a big ‘Yang Yoseob’ pasted on the door. Dongwoon and Kikwang came not too long after, and slowly the dressing room was bustling with people who were all focused on and fussing over Yoseob.

 

 

After the stage rehearsal, Hyunwoo could only watch from afar as Yoseob was again fussed over by everyone, more powder and eyerliner and hair gel. He felt as if their worlds were too far apart.

 

 

“Penny for your thoughts, Hyung-nim?”

 

 

Hyunwoo jerked back from his thoughts and smiled awkwardly at Dongwoon. They had just finished rehearsals and Kikwang was busy monitoring their performance from a video camera on the opposite corner of the sofa, trying to find any mistake and things to improve.

 

 

“No. I’m just… yeah.”

 

 

“Is it Hayoon Noona and Junhyung Hyung?”

 

 

Hyunwoo looked at the maknae and raised his eyebrows. He had met both of them during rehearsal before. Hayoon – a petite and pretty young lady, with fair skin and long brown hair, her face was small and pointed, with thin lips and charming smile and Junhyung – handsome and successful young man, although Hyunwoo thought his face was a little bit bloated today, maybe he had late ramyun last night.

 

 

Previous girlfriend and the best friend that stole my girlfriend – that was how Yoseob introduced both of them to Hyunwoo with an amused smile on his face as he hugged both Hayoon and Junhyung affectionately. Hyunwoo understood it was a complicated relationship between the three of them, but their love for each other was never less and their bond was never broken, only strained. They strangely reminded him of himself and Yoogun and Sooyeon. His life was too complicated.

 

 

Hyunwoo shook his head no.

 

 

“Don’t worry about them, Hyung-nim. Yoseob Hyung is absolutely dedicated to you. He asked me before if you liked him, and I told him maybe and he beamed like the moon. He had never asked about people’s feelings, but you are different. He really loves you.” Dongwoon clapped a hand on Hyunwoo’s shoulder.

 

 

Hyunwoo looked at Dongwoon and smiled because the man in front of him suddenly looked much more mature than his actual age. “Thank you. I… Am I good enough for him?”

 

 

Dongwoon widened his eyes. “Who? Hyung-nim? For Yoseob Hyung?”

 

 

Hyunwoo nodded.

 

 

Dongwoon blinked a few times and then proceeded to laugh, “You are waaayyy too good for Yoseob Hyung, trust me. Kikwang and I seriously think you are so cool and you can get someone much better than that spoiled brat,” Dongwoon gestured towards Yoseob who was still sitting in front of the mirror, a woman still fussing about his already perfect hair-do, “but don’t tell him I said that because no matter how much he loves me, he is going to kill me if he knows I talk about him to you.”

 

 

Hyunwoo chuckled, his affection for Dongwoon had grown immensely, “Your secret is safe with me.”

 

 

“I think you guys are cute and I’m happy to see a happy Yoseob Hyung. He deserved happiness.” Dongwoon nodded and sighed, seemingly satisfied with himself, “And you had with Yoseob Hyung.”

 

 

Hyunwoo gawked at the statement. It was a statement, not a question.

 

 

“Wh – what?”

 

 

“You had with Yoseob Hyung. Wow, I thought you wouldn’t know how to have with man.” Dongwoon said lightly, like he was talking about the weather and the sky and the sun and not some very intimate details of Hyunwoo’s life with Yoseob.

 

 

There was a pause because Hyunwoo did not know what to reply.

 

 

“You had boyfriends before, Hyung-nim?”

 

 

Hyunwoo blinked stupidly. The door was too far away from his seat and going to toilet was just an idiotic excuse, he would not further embarrass himself. There was no way he could run away from Dongwoon and his questions now.

 

 

“Honestly, I did not know about same- ion.” Hyunwoo took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, summoning his courage. “That was why I resisted because I was so afraid I would hurt Yoseob. I did not have the time to do some reading or searching from the internet prior to, but when Yoseob convinced me that no one would get hurt…” Hyunwoo cleared his suddenly dry throat, “That was the first time.”

 

 

“Ahhh….” Dongwoon nodded, his expression was serious as he listened carefully to Hyunwoo. “Anything you want to ask, Hyung-nim? Or new things you want to try? Toys? Kinks? I can help you with questions I guess… I went to some talks about it and I’m quite good at searching things on the internet. Don’t be shy, I’m sure since this is your first time with a man you will have so many things going through your head.”

 

 

Hyunwoo’s jaw slackened as his mouth involuntarily opened up. He shook his head because how the did Dongwoon know all of these? And he was talking to Hyunwoo like he was explaining some mathematical problem to an elementary student. Kids these days…

 

 

“Yah, what are you guys talking about!” A weight suddenly crawled onto Hyunwoo’s lap. Yoseob grinned at Dongwoon and then at a shocked Hyunwoo. “What’s going on here? Ahjussi, what’s wrong? Are you sick? You are so pale!” He turned to Dongwoon and kicked the younger man’s shin, “Yah, what did you do to my Ahjussi?”

 

 

“Nothing!” Dongwoon glared at Yoseob for falsely accusing him.

 

 

“Liar! Liar pants on fire!”

 

 

“Hyung, I really did not say anything!”

 

 

“Liar! What did you say to Ahjussi?”

 

 

“Hyung~~ why are you doing this to me?”

 

 

While the two of them bickered good-naturedly, Hyunwoo looked at his watch – he was supposed to be in the Headquarters fifteen minutes ago. He sighed as he shifted Yoseob gently from his lap onto the sofa and kissed the side of Yoseob’s head affectionately.

 

 

“Baby, I need to go.”

 

 

“Why…” Yoseob whined, doing his best puppy eyes to Hyunwoo, “Can’t you just stay with me today?”

 

 

Hyunwoo snorted, he was not going to fall for any of Yoseob’s aegyo. “No, I cannot. I’ll see you later.” He bent down and kissed the pout on Yoseob’s lips. “Dongwoonah, we’ll continue our conversation later.” Dongwoon nodded and Hyunwoo smiled, “Thank you.”

 

 

Halfway to the door, Hyunwoo walked back, digging in for something from his pocket. He dropped a silver-colored item on Yoseob’s palm and closed it firmly.

 

 

“Don’t lose this.” Hyunwoo said before he kissed Yoseob’s knuckle and walked out of the dressing room.

 

 

Yoseob opened his palm to inspect the item. And he inhaled sharply.

 

 

It was a key, with a steel keychain and Yang Yoseob engraved on it. It was the same key that Hyunwoo had with the same keychain and engraving style. It was the key to Hyunwoo’s apartment.

 

 

Dongwoon frowned, “Is that a key to Hyung-nim’s apartment?”

 

 

Yoseob nodded.

 

 

Dongwoon looked horrified, “So are you…”

 

 

Yoseob nodded again. He jumped up from his seat and clapped his hands to get everyone’s attention. “Everyone, let’s do this right and we can all finish early. I have some moving in to do.”

 

 

Dongwoon facepalmed himself, “He did not ask you to move in with him, Hyung.”

 

 

Yoseob shrugged nonchalantly, “I take initiatives. He never asked me for anything – other than for me to leave him alone previously – because Ahjussi does not know what he wants.”

 

 

Dongwoon was dreading the next sentence because he felt so bad for Hyunwoo. He hoped he older man know what kind of crazy he had invited home.

 

 

 “I am going to show him what he wants.” Yoseob’s grin was so wide as he cradled the key in his palm like his life depended on it.