Alone

Black, White & Red

Li An's POV


 

As soon as Alix left with Chanyeol I vowed to myself that next time I saw her, she was dead. She had done this twice today. All I asked for was that she stuck up for me once in a while; she knew I at these situations. I stood close by to Baekhyun, our hands intertwining and my head relaxing against his arm. I tried to avoid looking at the boy, but of course that was impossible. I caught his eye and he was staring right back at me. Before I had the chance to move my eyes away he had already broken the contact. I frowned to myself. What was he playing at? Maybe I was over reacting. Surely he can't remember me.

I felt Baekhyun release his grip on my hand and held it over to him. I just stared at the hovering hand, wondering what his next move will be.

"Hey, I'm Baekhyun. It's nice to meet you," Baekhyun introduced himself.

"I'm Sehun," the boy replied.

So, he actually had a name. He looked back over to me and I smiled politely.  It was as if he read my mind. I felt Baekhyun's arm go around my waist. I blushed slightly as he pulled me in. I rested my head on his arm again. Baekhyun ruffled my hair and I shot him a deadly glare which he returned with an apologetic look.

"This is my girlfriend, Li An."

I heard Baekhyun emphasize the "my" which made me giggle a little inside. He had always been very protective of me. Even before we dated, he'd get jealous if he saw me hang around with any other guys. The only other guy he didn't mind me hanging around with was Chanyeol and that was for obvious reasons. I didn't find it annoying. In fact, if anything I found it cute. It wasn't like I had any guy friends apart from Baekhyun and Chanyeol. I could tell then that Baekhyun wouldn't want me hanging around with Sehun by myself.

 

A thought suddenly struck me then: Baekhyun has football practice! So he wouldn’t be able to take Sehun on a tour of the school! And Baekhyun wouldn't want me being left alone with Sehun. I turned to Baekhyun and smiled playfully at him.

"Oppa~" I beamed at him.

"Ne?"

"I just realized, we can't take Sehun on a tour - you have football practice,"

"Aish, so I do. I guess you will have to take him then," Baekhyun replied, glancing at his watch.
 
"BWOH?!"

Sehun and Baekhyun both gave me a strange look. My head was running. Baekhyun was letting me... no... he was leaving me alone with Sehun? A guy he knew nothing about? A guy who he just met? A guy who tried to get with me last night?! A guy who I couldn’t stop thinking about...

 

Goddamnit, Baekhyun! Why do this now? Didn't he get my signals that I didn't want to do this tour? I looked over at Sehun and smiled at him before dragging Baekhyun a few feet away so he couldn't hear our conversation.

"Yah! Why did you have to do that? You don't even know him. He might try something on me!" I said.

"Li An, you have to be nice to him - he’s new here. Plus if he tries anything on you I'll kick his ," he smiled supportively.

Baekhyun wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me in. He pushed my bangs away from my face and kissed me on the forehead. I looked at him. I guess this meant Baekhyun trusted me. Which was worrying, because I didn't even trust myself most of the time: I'm so clumsy and I usually get myself into situations I can't get myself out of. I looked over at Sehun then back over to Baekhyun who looked at me with pleading eyes. I sighed, how could I resist that? I slowly nodded and Baekhyun lifted me up and twirled me around before gently placing me down.

"I promise I'll make it up to you tonight," he winked at me before leaving.

I watched him as he left. I felt a breath in my ear, causing a shiver to go down my spine. I turned around and saw Sehun far too close for comfort. I felt a heat go across my face and I immediately stepped back from him. Jeez, talk about invading my personal bubble.

"So, he’s you boyfriend."

"I'm surprised you remember."

"Why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know... maybe because we were both pretty drunk."

"No, you were pretty drunk. I was perfectly sober."

"Aish, whatever!"

I turned around and started heading down the corridor. I paused, realizing he wasn't following me. I spun back around and looked directly at him. He sighed and started following me. It didn't take him long to catch up with me. I kept quiet. The only time I spoke was when I was telling him what was what and where everything was. It didn't take him long to catch on that nearly everyone was staring at us. Not that I cared - everyone knows I would never cheat on Baekhyun and no one would ever try and make up rumours about me because Alix is my best friend, and she can get really scary when she’s angry.

"They aren't staring at you so don't get a big head," I told him leading him into a music room.

"Says you..." he murmured.

"I do not have a big head, it is a perfectly normal size. It’s just filled with confidence."

I waited for Sehun to get inside the empty music room before shutting the door behind me. I leaned against it and looked around the room.

"Well... this is a music room," I told him.

"I can see that."

I shot him a look before walking over to the piano and sitting down at it. I pressed down on one of the notes and ran my finger along the keys before sighing very loudly. He walked over to the piano and leaned against it staring down at me.

"Take a picture, it’ll last longer," I remarked snidely.

"I don't want to chance breaking my camera," he smirked back at me.

"YAH! You take that back!” He just smirked more. “Aigoo, you’re such an ."

"Do you play?"

"...Excuse me?"

He pushed himself off of the side of the piano gently and sat beside me on the piano stool. I refused to turn my head to look at him. Instead I looked down at the piano and continued to gently run my fingers along the keys. I could feel him gently play with my hair and he leaned into my ear.

"The piano. Can you play?"

I nodded quickly before standing up and fleeing towards the door. I felt him grab onto my hand and pull me around. As he pulled I tripped up slightly, falling into him. I went to push myself off of him but he wrapped his arms around my waist and stopped me from escaping. I felt a heat burst all over my body and I looked down at the floor. He placed his hand under my chin and pulled it up so our eyes met.

"Are you scared?" he whispered.

"No..." I whispered back.

I looked deep into his eyes and gasped slightly as I watched them turn black. I was too shocked to say anything but somehow I managed to push myself off him. I stepped back, banging into the door. I looked down at the handle and when I looked back up Sehun had his hand pinned either side of my head, trapping me between him and the door.

"Don't go," he breathed, gazing down at me sincerely.

I stared at him for a little longer, feeling my mind fogging over slightly. Something was trying to come over me, I'm not sure what it was. My mind was telling me to stay with him. I thought hard. I didn't want to stay with him. He was an and he was beginning to scare me. He was so intense and I didn't like it. I told myself to go. I told myself to leave. I fought the sensation to stay, but Sehun was smirking down at me and I couldn’t think. But I looked at him - really looked at him - and blinked.

"No."

"...What. How do you do that?!" he demanded, pushing himself away from me and staring at me like I had the plague.

"Do what?!" I demanded straight back, seriously confused.

"...Nothing. It doesn't matter. Just go..."

I stared him for a while before opening the door and leaving the room. I shut it behind me and started running down the corridor. What was with him? I didn't get it. He was so strange.

I left the building and looked around trying to find Alix. I had to tell her what had happened. I couldn't keep it to myself. I would tell Baekhyun, but he would overreact and in all honesty as much as I didn't like Sehun, I wouldn't want him to get hurt. I turned a corner and saw the football grounds. I felt my heart race slightly as I saw Baekhyun practicing. I then turned towards the bleachers and saw Alix and Chanyeol sitting at them. I waited a moment before walking over them so I could catch my breath.


 

 

Talk to the characters on ask.fm~