From the Mouth

Black, White & Red

Chanyeol POV

 

 

I was a ing idiot. I shouldn’t have said anything. I should’ve just let her be; let her tell me when she wanted to and not try to force it out of her. I definitely shouldn’t have let her leave.

It was midnight and she still wasn’t home.

...

I was going insane waiting.

I’d called, and texted, and went out looking for her, and all but started a search party. Actually, maybe that wasn’t such a bad idea...

The noise of the front door opening and slamming shut pulled me from my thoughts. I rushed forward, anxious to see my girlfriend safe and sound. But she wasn’t there.

“Chanyeol.”

I whipped around. That was definitely her voice coming from behind me, but once again she wasn’t there.

“Yeobo?”

“Chanyeol.”

She was nowhere, but her voice seemed to surround me.

“Alix?! Where are you?!”

“Chanyeol.”

I turned, once more, and finally saw her. I froze.

“A-Alix...”

“...Chanyeol.”

She was covered in blood. It caked her skin and the smell clung to her.

“Alix... What...?!”

She began to walk towards me, and I instinctively backed away. She froze then; seeming to not want to frighten me. But the blood... It was all over !

“Chanyeol...”

My eyes widened - when she had spoken... She had fangs! Her eyes widened in a mirror of my panic.

“Chanyeol!”

She stepped towards me again and I stumbled back, tripping over a table leg and crashing backwards into the balcony window. I smashed through it, the glass cutting into my skin. I felt woozy. The smell was overwhelming.

When I looked up Alix was above me, her eyes noticeably darkening.

“Chanyeol.”

Her voice had darkened too. She lowered herself down to me, muttering sweet nothings I think were supposed to calm me but only made me more panicked. She pressed her lips to my neck in an open-mouthed kiss, her gaze never leaving mine. I could see close-up the danger she held within . And then I felt it. I doubt I’ve ever screamed that loud.

 

*

 

Alix’s POV

 

 

Kai’s blood was heavenly.

In all the rumours about vampyrs, there were many things humans have gotten wrong. Blood, for instance. It doesn’t matter what species the creature is overly, but more how long they have lived. So, for example, tortoises often taste better than humans.

And Kai? Kai was old. Even for a vampyr. So he tasted pretty damn good. His blood also helped speed up the healing process of the wounds the warrior vampyr had inflicted on me. Any blood would have done that, but since his was similar to mine in biogenetic processing (or some science like that) it helped that wee bit more.

At first, I was drinking purely for survival. I hadn’t even drunk my fill by the time I pulled away - only enough to heal me long enough to get home.

“Alix-” He tried to pull me back to him, but I held myself away.

“No, Kai.”

“Why the hell not?”

“Because I won’t do this.”

To my surprise, he seemed to respect my decision.

“...Okay, but promise me you’ll feed soon.”

I nodded. I would find some animal on the roadside, or an elderly citizen just waiting in their death bed. Maybe add a bit of magic to their last few moments - I tried not to scare them.

“I promise.”

“Good... I’m sorry about Tao,” he added guiltily.

“You can’t control someone else’s actions,” I replied slowly. “But if you know, I’d appreciate you telling me why he attacked.”

“Well...” He bit his lip, clearly debating his answer. “You’re a threat. Another vampyr on our territory would be one thing, but you...”

“I understand.” And I did - this wasn’t the first time something like this had happened to me. “Although I would like to propose I should not be considered a threat without acting in a way which suggests so.”

“That was my reasoning for interfering.”

“Ah.”

A tense silence followed before he continued: “I was actually asked to scope you out a bit - hence, well, hence today, really. I didn’t know why though. I mean, no one told me what you were - I just kind of assumed you were human. I mean, because of your scent and all...”

“Yeah...” A pause, then, “Be seeing you Kai.”

I stood to leave, but he jumped up in front of me.

“Wait!”

“Yes?”

“E-Em... I know I said to call me Kai, but... Call me Jongin.”

I couldn’t help but smile. Fickle boy...

“Okay, I’ll be seeing you Jongin.”

 

*

 

When I got home I’d completely forgotten about Chanyeol. He rushed towards me, and on instinct I jolted to away; too quick of his eyes to see. But I wanted to reach out to him

“Chanyeol.” I was speaking before I could stop myself, and he spun to face me. Yet again I moved out of his sight.

“Yeobo?” The tone of his voice pained me, and once again I spoke without thinking.

“Chanyeol.”

Once again he spun to face me, once again I moved without being seen.

 “Alix?! Where are you?!”

I realised I must be terrifying him, but I couldn’t stop. My mind and body weren’t working in tandem anymore; my body refusing to obey my head.

“Chanyeol.”

He turned, once more. Finally my body listened to me and I could allow him to see me.

“A-Alix...” At once I regretted it. How could I be so forgetful? So careless? So utterly stupid? I was encased in blood - both mine and Kai’s. Hell, I was dripping with it.

“...Chanyeol.”

“Alix... What...?!”

I tried to approach him but he cowered away, and I froze to the spot. I realised then that it was me he was scared of. And that hurt.

“Chanyeol...”

His eyes widened - I realised my mistake far too late. But instead of shutting my mouth and hope he hadn’t noticed my mouth kept on moving without my mind’s permission.

“Chanyeol!”

My body moved without my mind’s permission too, and I watched in horror as Chanyeol stumbled backwards into the balcony window.

I felt woozy. The smell was overwhelming.

I still needed to feed.

“Chanyeol.”

I lost all control over my body then. I felt my mouth moving and these words coming out, tasting like lies and need and filth and I felt sick.

His blood wasn’t as good as Kai’s, but I sure drank enough of it.

 

 

 

Talk to the characters on ask.fm~