Hidden

Black, White & Red

Li An’s POV

 

I sipped on my bubble tea as Sehun practically dragged me around the market. For once in my life, I wasn’t in the mood to go shopping. Sehun had taken me to a small market place, filled with various stalls that sold little trinkets and strange pieces of jewellery. Most of the objects reminded me of Alix. She would often shop in markets and wear strange accessories she found there; most were not to my taste, but some undeniably pretty. If I hadn’t been so stubborn on only wearing designer clothes I probably would have asked her to get me some. I wish I did. I really regret that I didn’t ask her.

I sighed and threw the bubble tea in the bin. I saw Sehun’s head turn to look at me: he frowned at me as I stared back and remained quiet. I hadn’t said a word to him since we left my house; I mostly just nodded if he asked me a question. I was too nervous to say anything and my mind kept switching from missing Baekhyun to noticing how handsome Sehun was. I didn’t want to notice, but apparently my brain hated me. His hair always looked really soft, he had amazing eyes that would sparkle every time the light bits them, and his nose was just so perfect.

“Li An?”

Sehun’s voice snapped me back to reality.

“Are you just going to stare at me all day?” he asked.

I shook my head.

“Are you going to keep quiet all day?” and again.

I nodded.

“Even after I bought you lunch and bubble tea? You aren’t even going to say thank you?” he frowned.

I frowned back and stared at the ground. I wanted to say something but for some reason I couldn’t. I just kept quiet. I heard Sehun sigh and I could hear his footsteps walk away. My head shot up.

 

‘Please don’t leave me.’

 

I felt myself tear up again.

 

‘Don’t leave me like Baekhyun did.’

I stumbled forward and wrapped my arms around him. I felt him freeze, then his hands slid over mine and gently them. I pulled away from him almost instantly, blushing. Sehun turned around and looked blankly at me turning and dragging me from the market. He took me into the mall; the same one where Baekhyun and I last properly were together. We walked past the bench where Baekhyun had sat because he was so exhausted. I pulled away my hand away from Sehun’s and walked over to it and sat on the exact spot. I could sense that Sehun was staring at me from afar. I placed my hand on the arm of the bench and it slowly. I felt tears begin to roll down my cheeks as everything started to fade to black.

 

My eyes opened in a flash. I didn’t know how long it had been. Did I fall asleep? I had been feeling extremely weak recently... Maybe I should go back to sleep? Wait... where was Sehun? I looked around, but I couldn’t see him anywhere. I couldn’t see much actually - my vision was all blurry. I tried to stand up but I couldn’t; something was keeping me down. I tried to focus my sight to look at my hands but all I couldn’t see them at all. I started to panic. All I could see was flashes of light. I was confused and scared. What was going on? I could hear people talking. Who was it? Baekhyun? Sehun? Alix? I couldn’t make it out. I felt someone lift me up and hold me against them tightly. Baekhyun? It couldn’t be Baekhyun.  It must be Sehun. I turned my head frantically as I heard more voices, but I just couldn’t make out anything. I wanted to be able to move; to be able to see. I wish I understood what was going on.

“Li An...”

Who was calling?

“Li An!”

 

I bolted upright and quickly looked around for Sehun. He was sitting directly in front of me, and I jumped onto him; hugging him tightly. I felt him the back of my hair and I relaxed into him rubbing my head against him.

“How long was I out for?” I asked

“A few hours...” Sehun replied.

I then realized something was different - we weren’t in the mall anymore. We weren’t even in my room. We were somewhere completely different. I raised my head examining the unfamiliar surroundings. Where was I? I turned back towards Sehun who smiled at me before ruffling my hair.

“Don’t worry,” he reassured me.

“Sehun... Where are we?” I asked.

Sehun was quiet for a moment and then stood up. He took my hand and I stood as well. I was starting to feel a little scared. Who wouldnt? I was somewhere that I was unfamiliar with and Sehun was acting really weird. I didn’t understand why he wouldn’t tell me where we were. I stopped walking and turned him around to face me.

“Sehun, I am being serious - where are we?” I yelled.

“You trust me, right?” he asked me.

“Huh?”

“I know you trust me, so please just follow me.” He took my hand again, sliding his fingers in between mine. I felt a heat come across my face but allowed him to lead me. I did trust him, so I stayed silent and didn’t protest as Sehun led me along a dark corridor. The house looked like it hadn’t been used in a long time - years; maybe even decades.

We approached a closed door, Sehun stopping in front of it. I paused as well; waiting for him to continue.

“Li An... I need to show you something,” he whispered.

“What is it?”

“Please... don’t over react... Please.”

“Ok, Sehun. What is this about?”

Sehun opened the door and I entered. I took a deep breath; preparing myself. But nothing could have prepared me for this. I stepped into the room and froze. My eyes filled with tears once again.

 

Is this where you have been hiding all this time?

Talk to the characters on ask.fm~