Snake Bite And Black

Black, White & Red

Alix’s POV

 

I felt guilty writing the note that ended it for me and Chanyeol. I almost didn’t write anything, but I decided that would be unnecessarily cruel; I owed him closure, at the least. Honestly I regretted beginning anything with him; I’d told myself at the start of our relationship that it was to keep up appearances, but honestly I could have kept my cover without him. I involved him because I wanted him and I’m selfish that way. The terrible part is even now I don’t regret it fully - he was... fun. I liked him. He had a clear head and honest heart, and a strong moral code most beings had lost; if he hadn’t been human he might have actually been worth something. It was a lot more than you could say for me, anyway - oaths and grudges; that’s all that mattered to me. For a long time now, that was how it had been...

Leaving felt surreal - after making sure Chanyeol would survive my assault I quickly showered, changed and then just got in my car and drove. I drove for hours; never quite sure where I was going. Working on autopilot, I ended up where I needed to be nevertheless. It was only when I got there that I allowed everything to sink in. I refrained from letting anything show on my face though - I wasn’t going to show any weakness; not here. Years ago I had left this place and sworn never to return, but desperate times... I was there a week before one of the people I was looking for showed up. Considering who it was, I hoped another one was nearby.

“Hey bloodsucker! The ’s your pasty doing here?” a tired voice drawled from behind me.

“Hey Laynicorn.”

“I still have no clue why you call me that,” my old... let’s say colleague continued, walking around to stand in front of me. I gave him a once over; he hadn’t changed much since I last saw him, but his hair was blonde now.

“You’re a unicorn, and according to every guy you’ve met you’re a damn good lay,” I clarified.

“Why can’t you just call me by my name? You make me sound like a .” “Aren’t you, Yixing?” I asked, using his real name because I couldn’t be bothered with a fight this early in the evening - he’d sounded testy.

“Only for certain individuals~” He pulled up a stool and sat next to me, leaning on the bar; seemingly relaxed, but I knew my presence bothered him. “What’s your poison?”

“Same as it’s always been,” I replied bemusedly, watching acutely as he turned to the bartender. We were already falling into our old ruse of friends.

“A purple haze for me, and a snakebite and black for the lil’ lady,” he instructed, and received a nod from the bartender as he went to fix our drinks.

“Lil’ lady?” I questioned.

“I compare everyone to my boyfriend,” he explained.

“Ah, the giant.” I nodded in agreement.

“And technically, I’m still taller than you.”

“Pffft, please - we’re the same height.” I continued on before he could refute this: “You two finally stopped ing about and hooked up then?”

A sleepy grin stretched across his face; “We hooked up, yeah - but we still do plenty of ing about.”

“Charming,” I replied dryly; accepting my drink with a smile when the bartender offered me it. Yixing took his and proceeded to fumble about in his pockets before pulling out a bubbler and lighting up.

“You still on that ?” I asked, scrunching my nose at the smell.

“Shut the up - you’re no saint,” he snapped back. Someone was feeling a bit defensive. I suppose it was only natural - as long as I knew more than him I had the upper hand, and it was clear he was in the dark in respects to my impromptu visit.

“Hey, I wasn’t complaining about the casual drug usage - I was talking about the quality. How the have you not moved onto the hard stuff yet? You’ve got some scary willpower.” I tried to amend the offense I’d clearly caused; although I had the upper hand still, I needed on his good side.

“Because unlike bloody vampyrs my body can actually get damaged by that ,” he grumbled back.

“Like that applies to me. And please, you could heal it in a heartbeat,” I insisted. To this he just shrugged and took a larger draw. I watched him before asking; “How long-”

“Been smoking since 8,” he yawned. I check the clock behind the bar.

“It’s past 1 in the morning...”

“I know.”

I could only laugh. “ man, how stoned are you?”

“Clearly not enough,” he smirked, giving me a pointed look.

I shook my head amusedly, still chuckling even as he passed the bubbler to me for a hit. I knew what he was doing - I talked when I was intoxicated and he wanted to get everything out of me that he could - but unlike him I had moved onto the harder stuff in my lifetime, so this was likely to do jack for me. The hours ticked by and we had yet to move our conversation on from polite small talk.

“So what about you?” he questioned out of the blue - by this point in the night we’d moved to a more secluded area.

“What about me?” I asked.

“You got anyone? You’ve already inquired about my love life - you finally found someone from your own species or you still ing about with humans?”

Ouch, that kind of hurt.

“It’s not always humans,” I frowned; referring back to an elfin girl I’d dated for a while. “And my species piss me off.”

He doubled over laughing at this - I don’t know why; it wasn’t that funny.

“Vamps taste better though,” he quipped, quoting me on something I had once said far too often.

“Dude, weak! I don’t eat my ing dates!” I exclaimed. He only laughed again. He was beginning to grate on my nerves.

“Why’s this here?”

Great; more company. Still, maybe now we could finally get on with business.

“Baby!” Yixing all but squealed as he threw himself at the taller male. Maybe not business yet then/ Yixing was definitely stoned by now: he had more dignity than that sober.

“Talking to your positively charming boyfriend, Jiaheng,” I addressed the new arrival. He snarled back at me.

“Watch your tongue Xandria - no one calls me that anymore,” he growled low in his throat.

“No one calls me Xandria anymore, either,” I drawled back. “It’s Alix now. You going by Yifan then?”

“Kris is better,” he stated. My eyebrows rose.

“Kris? Where the did that come from?”

“One can never have too many aliases.” He seemed unwilling to say more than that, so I let it drop. He continued; “I’ll ask again - what are you doing here?”

I sighed - I was going to have to do this earlier than I wanted to. Ideally I should have said it from the off, but I’d really wished to catch them in a better mood. Oh well.

I looked between the two men, picking my words carefully.

“An... issue has arose, and I would be very grateful for your assistance.”

 

[A/N: Hey guys, PoisonedApples6 aka Alix here - sorry for taking so long to update! All I can say is that applying to university is a - I've been up to my ears in folio and interviews >_< ]


 Talk to the characters on Ask.fm~