Scream

Black, White & Red

 

 

 

Li An’s POV

 

I couldn't get a word out of my mouth before Alix vanished before my eyes. The next thing I knew something cold was being pressed against my head and I froze as I heard a click like the sound of a gun. Maybe I was being paranoid but I'm pretty sure it was a gun. I was too scared to move anyhow. I wanted to turn to see if Sehun was still in the room but I couldn't. Where did Alix go? Was she the one standing behind me now and if so, how did she get there? One word managed to escape my mouth.

Eomma?” I whimpered, the tears were still rolling down my cheeks.

Don't call me that,” Alix's voice came from behind me.

I went to turn around so I could look at her. The reality of her being here still hadn't settled in but as I moved the cold metal was forced more strongly into the back of my head, so I stayed still. Instead, I moved my eyes around the room. It was a strange place. It was old and worn out, but eerily beautiful and it felt huge despite the space not being notably large. I tried to turn around again but once more the coldness of the gun pushed up against my scalp. I swallowed nervously. I was feeling a lot of things right now. I was confused. Why would Alix do this? She can't be doing this. This isn't her. Why had Sehun taken me here? Did he know she was going to do this? Where was he? He was always there for me. I heard her pull back the hammer of the gun.

Alix...?” I didn't use her nickname this time.

She stayed silent. I kept my eyes ahead and unblinking. I heard her pull the trigger. I heard the resounding band. I felt... nothing. Blackness surrounded me.

 

I wasn't sure if was dead or not. In fact, I didn't even know where I was. I was surrounded by trees and the atmosphere was humid, and also a little cold. I grabbed onto a nearby branch and pulled myself up. I began walking. I wasn't sure where I was heading to – I guess I was trying to find a way out of this forest. The further I walked though the more and more light headed I became. Was it the air? I eventually came across a little cottage. There was a loud banging coming from inside. I didn't know why, and it felt like I had no control over what was happening, but I made my way over to the little cottage and peeked through the window. Inside I saw a tall hooded woman chasing a little girl around a small room. The little girl was giggling, she was obviously up to no good.

Stop that at once! Why can't you just do as your told for once!? I'm pretty sure I wasn't this troublesome when you were bringing me up!” The taller lady said with a familiar voice and words that made no sense.

I jumped back in surprise as the door swung open and slammed against the wall. I looked back inside confused to how the door opened as the young girl and woman were nowhere near the door. The little girl ran out. I couldn't see her face as her hair was bouncing all over the place. She bolted right past me and deep into the forest the woman ran out after her but leaned against the wall for a moment, catching her breath, as she came back up her hood fell off of her. It took a moment to take it in. Was I dreaming? How was it that Alix was standing right in front of me? She didn't even see me. It was like I was invisible to both her and the girl. Was it even Alix? She looked so different. Her hair was blonde and cascading down her back – far longer than I had ever seen it before. She didn't have any piercings or tattoos, and she seemed younger yet so very much older at the same time.

Aloli!” she yelled, presumably after the little girl, but I felt myself wanting to respond to her. I tried to respond to her, but still she seemed unaware of my presence. She was watching the treeline. I followed her line of sight, and fixated on a spot that I knew the little girl would come out of – still running, but no longer playful. She would be followed by something. I didn't know how I knew this but I was certain. I saw a glimpse of small hands before everything started to fade again.

 

I slowly came to my senses. I was lying on the floor, confused as to what was going on. Why did Alix try and shoot me!? What the hell did I just see?! Why was Alix in a forest with a little girl!? Who was she?! I froze as I heard voices around me. I was still in the same room. I must have only been out for a few moments despite it feeling like forever.

Stay out of this Sehun!” Alix was screaming.

This wasn't part of the plan!” Sehun's voice screamed back.

I opened my eyes. I saw Alix and Sehun. Kai was there too and two strangers who I had never seen before. There were other people there but they were backing away. The gun was on the floor. I was tempted to grab it and point it at everyone in the room so I could get an answer to what the hell was going on but even I knew that was a stupid idea so I just lay on the cold floor. Alix had noticed that my eyes were open, but instead of moving for the gun as I first thought she was, she lunged towards me. Sehun jumped in front and the crashed to the group beside me. He managed to hold her for a split second before she threw him across the room. I didn't even think about the consequences as I got up and began to run over to Sehun. I froze as I locked eyes with Alix. My eyes widened and I stumbled back as she bared her teeth in a snarl. I fell back against the wall. What in the world was she?! Fangs meant vampyr, but she couldn't be though! She was my best friend! They were fake. They had to be. This was a set up. This was all just one big joke but something deep inside of me was saying it wasn't. I was too dazed to notice that Alix was rushing at me. Kai ran at her this time but there was an uncertainty in his movements that had him flying backwards as soon as he connected with her. Sehun and I exchanged glances at the same time. I was about to run over to him but I saw the same teeth that resided in Alix's mouth were also in his. I shook my head and grabbed onto my hair. This was not happening! I got up and ran to the door that was close by! I tried to pull it open. I turned around and saw a huge wolf looming over me. I could hear myself screaming inside of my own head but I couldn't let anything out. It growled and I slowly backed away from the door. I turned to run but ran into Alix. Her fingers curled around my throat before she was being yanked back by both Kai and Sehun. She swiped at them both, but followed through to land on Sehun. I looked over towards Kai and as much as I hated him I wanted him to help me then. He caught my eye and then he disappeared in a cloud black smoke. He appeared in front of me as the wolf snapped its jaws. I felt him scream. I tried to escape again but the one of the strange men from before raised a hand glowing with a white intensity and suddenly I couldn't move. I watched as Sehun lunged for him and Alix threw him through a window, the glass shredding through his skin as easily as paper. I watched as Kai screamed and tried to pry the jaws out of his flesh. Alix turned to me. When Sehun tried to stand the man stopping me from leaving pushed a knife into his neck. I was being pulled towards them by some invisible force. What was happening? I felt the room start shaking. I placed my hands on my head and the floor moved like an earthquake. Everyone seemed oblivious to this shaking. Everyone kept fighting. Sehun a was struggling against the man. Kai had managed to push away from the wolf and had disappeared again. He appeared next to Alix and I watched as she tore out his throat. Sehun screamed as the knife pressed deeper.

Then everything I had kept inside I just let out. The room shook harder as I l screamed with him. Everyone froze. Everyone was silent. Then blackness encircled the room and everyone was gone.