Special

Black, White & Red

 

Li An’s POV

 

I shot up from the floor, gasping for air. I scanned my surroundings but no one was there. No one I knew, anyway. I stood up and dusted myself down. Everywhere was surrounded by sand, almost like the first vision I had except this time it was different. I was somewhere different. It wasn't just a vast desert surrounding me. There were actual buildings, it was a town or maybe a city. I stumbled towards the entrance to the city, trying to regain my balance. I got to the entrance and leaned against the wall. It was probably dirty but for some reason I didn't care, I didn't even know where I was going. I caught up with my breath for a few moments and walked over to a young man. I wasn't sure if he actually noticed me. I stood in front of him and let out a cough. He didn't move nor did he pay any attention to me.

Excuse me? Can you tell me where I am?” I asked him.

He still didn't notice me; too busy organising fruit in his stall. I turned my face the other way and saw two girls. I gasped slightly when I recognised the taller - what was Alix doing here? This was impossible. Why was I seeing her everywhere? In places that definitely weren't anywhere I knew... Were these images I was seeing even real? And she looked different again - her hair was long and blonde again, like the last time, but now it was pulled taught into braids and compiled into a careful bun atop her head; and while nothing like what she had in the present, her ears were once again pierced and home to a cascade of gold. The little girl wasn't with her this time either. Instead, she was accompanied by a hooded girl who looked to be around my height.

I took a deep breath and stepped forward approaching the two girls. I didn't get very far before I saw a light glow coming from the hooded girl's hand as it hovered over a green apple; turning into a red apple. And that... that definitely wasn't possible. She proceeded to buy the apple and they turned around. Alix didn't look very amused and I couldn't see the girl's face from the hood.

What have I told you about using your magic in public? If people saw what you really are then... well, it wouldn't be good,” Alix scolded the girl, who simply shrugged in reply. "You need to take this more seriously!” she continued, raising her voice.

I heard murmuring from the girl and as they walked past she moved her hood down and took a bite into her apple. I felt a rush come over me and I sort of felt at ease with her. She looked so familiar - not like I had met her before, but... I couldn't put my finger on it. It was like I knew her. I heard her murmur a few words again and they proceeded walking forward.

 

I felt a breath upon my neck and I jumped up from the floor. I banged my head on something above me and I rubbed the ache gently, looking up. There was a shelf hanging above me. I didn't have a shelf hanging above my bed. I pulled myself together and looked around. I was in a small room, devoid of anything that would suggest it being lived in. I got up and walked over to the door and tried to push it open but it didn't work. I tried harder, but it would not budge. I eventually slapped my hand down on the handle, which was a mistake as it hurt like hell. I soothed my hand and sat back down on the bed. Where was I? My thoughts were suddenly interrupted when I recalled being in that room with Alix, two strange guys and Sehun and Kai. Sehun and Alix were vampyrs, and Kai probably was too - he was something not human anyway. Not to mention the two other men; the wolf and the... I don't even know. All this time and I didn't realize what my best friend was... Then again, Alix hid it. Sehun... Thinking back on it now I should have noticed something. I guess it explains a lot. He was always so mysterious anyway. The image of the knife going into his throat popped into my mind and I started to tear up. I hoped he was okay. I hoped Alix was okay too. She tried to kill me but I knew it couldn't have been her, right? I looked around again. I didn't even know how I had gotten here. I tried to remember but before I could think the door was slowly pushed open.

I looked towards it and saw a tall, slim figure standing in the door way. The figure stepped forward and I saw his face. I pushed myself to the corner of the bed and stared up at him. We stayed in silence for a moment before he kicked the door closed and pulled up a chair. He sat with his legs spread apart and hands clasped together, leaning forward. I stared at him nervously as he smirked.

“Did you sleep well?” he asked, still smirking.

I stayed quiet and kept my eyes trained on him. He frightened me. There was another moment of silence before he let out a laugh. He stood up and swiftly kicked the chair over to the side and in a flash he was beside me and he blew gently upon my neck. A shiver went up my spine and I froze in place. It wasn't that I couldn't move but I was too scared to move.

“You smell nice, like sugar. I'm surprised Sehun-”

My eyes flicked over to him at the mention of Sehun's name. His eyebrows raised as he saw he had grabbed my attention.

“Where is he?” I asked.

“I could tell you where he is, or I could...” he smiled widely at me showing off his fangs.

I immediately scrambled off the bed, tumbling to the floor. I turned around to grab the chair - at least I could smash it and use it is a weapon but as soon as I turned back around he was standing in front of me. I tried to turn away but he grabbed me by my arm and flung me against the wall. I let out a yelp as my back flared in pain. I looked up at him and he was just smiling.

“Try that again and I will kill you,” he told me.

I stayed against the wall, not moving one bit. He grabbed the chair and sat down on it. He obviously didn't trust me enough to leave the chair out in the open.

“Let's start again. Shall we? Your name is...?” he asked calmly.

I stayed quiet. I refused to answer him. He probably already knew my name, if he had taken me here... After a few minutes of not say anything he sighed and and slammed his hands down on the chair.

“Your name is?!” He demanded; his voice raised.

I still refused to answer. I watched as he grew more and more impatient with me. He eventually got up, grabbed the chair and threw it so it just missed me. The pieces scattered along the floor. I thought about grabbing one of the pieces but decided against it. I knew he was dangerous. He already said he would kill me so I couldn't risk it. I looked back towards him but he was pinning me against the wall with each arm on each side of my head. He let out a low growl and presented his fangs. His eyes, even though they were dark before looked darker now.

“Stop being stubborn,” he instructed quietly; the calm of his voice unsettling me as I felt his breath against my ear. “I could rip out your throat and devour you in a minute, and don't think I won't so I would advise you to cooperate with me,” he continued, voice verging on a growl towards the end.

“Li An...” I murmured softly. I could feel myself starting to tear up.

He took a deep breath before unpinning me. My knees buckled onto the floor.

“Li An - a pretty name for a pretty face.” He smiled and leaned down. “So, Li An, do you know why you are here?”

I shook my head. I wanted to know the answer to that myself. I had no idea what was going on at all - but whatever was happening, seemingly everyone wanted to kill me and seemingly no one was human.

“You at least know that you aren't normal, right? Well, no one is normal but you are extra special and that is why he is so interested.”

Who was 'he'?

“You have no idea what these ''accidents'' are? Or these visions you have been seeing mean?” He leaned in even closer.

He knew about the visions and the accidents. How did he know about them though? I only told Sehun and Sehun promised me he wouldn't tell anyone. Sehun wouldn't break a promise, right? Though he did lead me to my near death. The more I thought about it the more I realized I actually knew nothing about Sehun. I could feel myself tearing up even more. I was so stupid to put all my trust into one stranger. I didn't want to believe Sehun would do this. This guy must have been spying. Sehun wouldn't do that, right?

“Don't cry. It's pathetic and disgusting. Now answer me ,or do you want me to get angry again?” he threatened.

I couldn't say anything. The only thing coming out of me was whimpering and tears. I was so scared and I knew if I didn't say anything he would kill me. That's what he said anyway. I continued crying and I could see the man beginning to get angry again. He snarled and grabbed me, throwing me across the room.

“Answer me!” he yelled.

“Now now Zitao - we wouldn't want to scare our guest of honour, would we?” Another voice came into the room.

“She isn't responding!” Zitao spat back.

I looked up at the two strangers that were in the room. The one who had just entered held out his hand towards me. At first I was wary of him, but I eventually placed my hand on his and he pulled me up from the floor. He took a strand of my hair and placed it behind my ear.

“So, this is Li An. My name is Luhan. I'm sorry that Zitao was a little... rough with you. But you see, we need your help - because even though you don't know it, you are very special to me Li An,” Luhan said as he gently the tears away from my cheek and stared into my eyes. I couldn't help but stare back into them wondering what he meant. I was still scared - terrified, really - but with this Luhan grounding me I felt... secure.