Twenty-five

If You Were Not A Dream

“Is there anything interesting in Paris?”

 

Ae Ra looked up from her pile of papers and cast a glance at Jiyong. He was perking comfortably at the corner of the bed, watching her with a hand on his chin while Ae Ra focused on whatever those papers were about.

 

“Why do you ask me so?” Ae Ra chuckled, went back to her work. “Didn’t you go there for several times already?” Flipping the page, she frowned when reading a particular line.

 

“You used to live in London before right? People going back and forth between London and Paris often, don’t they?” Jiyong sounded like a child who was really curious about his wonder. “I only went there for works, didn’t really have the chance to explore it thoroughly.”

 

“Yes, people go to Paris for holidays and stuff.” Ae Ra replied absentmindedly, still not taking her eyes off the paper. “I didn’t, though. I only went to Paris once.”

 

“How was it?” Jiyong eagerly asked.

 

“Boring.” Ae Ra laughed. “All I did was staying at my friend’s room and slept through the winter. I was sick at that time.”

 

“That was worse than me.” Ae Ra glanced and saw Jiyong’s pout. She put the paper down and came to sit next to him. “At least I had fun in famous places.”

 

“Like?” Ae Ra raised her eyebrows. “The Eiffel tower?”

 

“Yes!” He turned to face her, grinning. “And La promenade planteé!”

 

“Huh? What is that?” She asked in confusion. “Your French accent is….interesting, though.” She grinned back at him.

 

“What? Thousands of fangirls are dying to hear my voice in any language.” He scoffed. “And La promenade planteé is a famous walking path especially for lovers. It’s very nice.”

 

“How did you know about that place then?”

 

“Seungri told me before I went to Paris for the 1st time. That kid even did some researches like where-to-go-while-staying-in-Paris.” He chuckled quietly.

 

“And who and how did you visit that place then? When it’s a walking path?” Ae Ra was curious as how a famous person like him could walk freely in a public place like that.

 

“I’m not that popular in Western.” He laughed. “I walked with someone, we enjoyed a free time.” He shrugged, and Ae Ra let the mention of ‘someone’ slipped away. It didn’t matter anymore now anyway.

 

“Yet.” Seeing Jiyong didn’t catch her meaning, Ae Ra said again. “You’re just not that popular, yet. You will be, soon.” She smiled.

 

They looked at each other for while, each didn’t say anything, just smiled and looked at the other’s face. A moment later, Jiyong reached for her hand and squeezed it slightly.

 

“Let’s walk together on La promenade planteé someday, shall we?.”

 

___

 

Jiyong slowly stepped on the staircase, heaving a deep sigh. He was back to this place again, the first time ever since he met Hye Young.

 

Jiyong thought he had some bad curse with this place,  La promenade planteé. The first time he went to Paris, when he said he wanna go to this place, Kiko Mizuhara showed him and walked with him. That was when their friendship was lasted for 4 years already, and it’s the first time they met somewhere else not Korea or Japan. He was all head over heels for her at that time, and he treasured that tiny moment alone with her with all his heart, maybe even until now.

 

After waking up, even though Jiyong wasn’t sure why, but the feeling he had for Kiko Mizuhara was somehow lessened. Knowing about her marriage which happened for nearly a year, just one month after he was struck by the accident and went into a coma, he wasn’t too shocked either. He remembered very clearly about their last conversation just right before his car was off the lane, but Jiyong found himself being...alright after hearing the news.

 

Like, somehow, in those 11 months of being unconscious, his pathetic love for Kiko Mizuhara had faded away.

 

“Jiyong…”

 

“I heard you got married?” He asked casually, playing with the whiskey in his hand.

 

“I’m sorry….” Kiko said with a tear in her eyes. Even when she was emotional, she was still so damn beautiful.

 

“Yes, you should be.” He smiled easily. “Calling me your close friend, yet I didn’t get invited to your wedding? How sad….” He gulped down all his drink in one shot.

 

“I’m really sorry about that day.  Maybe if I didn’t make you angry….”

 

“Hey, it’s ok, alright?” He cut her off. “Whatever happened, it’s in the past already. I’m here now, aren’t I? Congratulation on your marriage. Someday let’s meet up with your husband, can I?” He was back to how they were when he first got to know her, her friend, not some pathetic guy tailing over an unrequited love.

 

“Of...c-course.” Kiko sniffed and wiped her eyes. “I felt so guilty and terrible. It was because of me….”  Tentatively, he put his hand on her shoulder and patted lightly to comfort her. “....when that girl said you might already forgive me, I didn’t believe.”

 

“Who?” Jiyong stopped his hand, asked back confusedly.

 

“The other driver in your accident.” Kiko was still busy with the tissue to fix her make-up eyes.

 

“You know about her too?” Up to that moment, there was still not many information Jiyong knew about that girl, and he didn’t remember to ask as well, not until now.  “What is her name, do you know?”

 

Kiko looked up at him with a confused look as well. “I don’t really pay attention. You can search by yourself, though. Because of that accident, the media followed her for a while I heard.”

 

Jiyong should have done some research right then and there, if it was not because some old friend appeared and heartily greeted him. It was the party welcoming him back to normal life, after all.

 

La promenade planteé was also where he met Hye Young for the 1st time, when he went for a music show, and that was his first oversea performance since he woke up from the accident.

 

Just like for a reminiscence, Jiyong used his rare free moment in Paris to walk alone on this path again.  It’s not like he was still heavy about Kiko Mizuhara, it was just like, the last walk to let another the love go.

 

Only to have another new one flourished, little did he know.

 

“Excuse me, are you G-Dragon-ssi?” Jiyong was pulled off his unfocused gaze by someone’s tentative ask. Startled, he fixed the hoodie to cover his head  more securely.  “I’m sorry, it’s just so amazing to see you here.” The girl quickly said as if afraid that she scared him. “Don’t worry, there’s only me.”

 

He glanced around and saw others didn’t pay them any attention , just continued with their walk. He glanced back and gave her a small smile. “Hi.”

 

“What are you doing here all alone?” She relaxed, seeing him stopped fixing his clothes. “Is it safe for you to be here alone like this?” This time it was her who was glancing around.

 

“I’m just enjoying some lone time.” He shrugged. “I guess you know me then?” He realized they conversed in Korean all the time now.

 

“I’m from Korea as well. I’m just having a trip with family.” She smiled warmly at him, her eyes all turned up to form an inverted U.

 

Maybe that was when he felt something for Hye Young. She was the very first girl knowing him as a celebrity first before they started dating. He really liked her, he really did. But he also really got tired of all the pressures she gave him recently. He thought, as a fan of his herself, she, of all people, would understand for him most, about why he could not publish his relationship to the world.

 

About Nara, that was another thing.

 

He must admit that, even Jiyong himself could not explain his affection for that girl, Shin Nara.

 

One thing he knew, that was not a romantic feeling.

 

It was more like how an oppa should think of his sister. Before Nara, there was one more girl he had that kind of feeling, Lee Chaerin. And just like how he was to Chaerin, to Nara, he wanna be her best oppa.

 

“What is the reason for this gathering, maknae?” Jiyong lazily asked after settling on his chair. “Aren’t we busy enough? Want me to make you re-record for our album?”

 

“Hyung!” Seungri whined. “That is mean!” The kid pouted and sat down opposite to him.

 

Youngbae laughed out loudly and patted maknae’s shoulder sympathetically. “Easy up, Jiyong. He said he had something important to tell us today.”

 

“If you rant about how handsome or cute you are all night again, I will leave without saying a word, got it?” Seunghyun grumbled without looking up from the menu. “i will order the most expensive wine tonight.”

 

This time it was Daesung who laughed loudly. “Right, it’s not like maknae treats us like this everyday.” He leaned in to read the menu with Seunghyun, both quickly got busy with choosing this and that to order.

 

Seungri’s phone rang up suddenly, and he quickly picked up. “Hello? You’re here? Alright I’ll come out.”

 

Jiyong frowned, the others stopped whatever they were doing to look at the maknae as well. “I thought tonight will be just only us?” He asked.

 

“Just a moment. I’ll be back quickly.” Seungri just grinned sheepishly before disappearing out of their sight.

 

“….” Daesung mumbled. “I knew it…..”

 

“What?” Seunghyun asked cluelessly.

 

“He’s gonna introduce his girlfriend!” Daesung quickly fixed his hair and clothes even though they looked perfectly perfect on him already. “I’ve noticed how smitten he is recently.”

 

“What? Really? Since when?” They all straightened up immediately. “Aish he should have just warned us in advance.”,

 

Seconds later, the door to their VIP room opened again, Seungri re-appeared again with a big grin on his face. And, right on Daesung’s guess, his hand was linked with another one, and he quickly pulled her into the room.

 

“Hyungs, meet my girlfriend, Natalie.”

 

It’s not until later when they found out about “Seungri’s Natalie’s” real name, which was Nara. And ever since that day, whenever all of them hanging out at their favorite bar or having dinner, Seungri always bought Nara along, and Jiyong also grew his affection for her endearingly.  

 

“Hyung….are you….having feelings for Natalie as well?” Seungri asked him nervously.

 

Jiyong spilled out his water, and that caught him into a heavy cough. Seungri hastily assisted him, but Jiyong glared at him. “No! Hell, no!”

 

“I just…..”

 

“Don’t ever have that stupid thought again, got it?” He snarled. “I have enough stress, don’t make me mad at you.” He walked back towards the center of their practice room. They were practicing for their comeback.

 

“Hyung….I’m sorry. I just….” Seungri came near to him again and said with his head bowing down.

 

“What happened? Did you guys fight?” He asked concernedly, part of it was he already knew they fought since the previous night. Nara called and cried to him.

 

“She said I didn’t care about her as how you did.” Seungri said quietly.

 

Jiyong just rolled his eyes. “Are you two kids anymore? Seriously….”

 

That was their first argument, and Jiyong was kinda annoyed when he was dragged between the couple. Both of them was lectured by him a few days later, though. Those kids needed to be more mature in their relationship.

 

There was something about Nara, that made Jiyong felt like he should take care of her, like he should treat her as his own little sister. Sometimes Seungri even got jealous, this time was because Jiyong was on Nara’s side more than his. Maybe it was because of Nara’s easy-going nature, or her wise comments on anything they talked about, or…..he didn’t know anymore.

 

“Oppa….”

 

“Hmmmmm?” Jiyong hummed, still gluing eyes on the music sheet he was reading.

 

“Why do you like me so much?”

 

Surprised, Jiyong looked up to see Nara was having her most serious face ever. He thought she was joking with him. “What? Tired of oppa yet?” He smirked.

 

“I’m just curious. I know it’s purely brotherly affection, But…” She shrugged. It was one of those days when Nara visited Seungri at the office, but ended up boring her time in Jiyong’s studio instead. “The only one ever spoiled me as much as you is my own sister.” She grinned.

 

“You have a sister?” This was the first time Jiyong heard Nara talked about her sister. He always thought there was just her alone.

 

“Yes!” Nara laughed, snatching the music sheet in his hand. “An unnie who keeps worrying about me every single second.” She murmured, shaking her head with a smile.

 

“Where is she now? How come I never met her?” Jiyong asked curiously. “Can I meet her? I wanna meet your sister too!”

 

“She’s somewhere, I’m not sure.” Nara shrugged. “Before, I was the one who here and there, now it’s unnie. I need to locate first where she is.” She gave back the music sheet for Jiyong. “It looks nice, when did you write this song oppa?”

 

“I didn’t.” Jiyong was back to the mystery music sheet he found under his bed the other day. He didn’t remember composing this song, nor this was his handwriting. “I found it somewhere in my room.”

 

“It’s not your song?” Nara curiously peaked her eyes to the music sheet again.

 

“I don’t know.” He shook his head slowly. “Basically, it looks strange to me. But...these lyrics…… I don’t know, it feels like something I would write.” He frowned his brows once again. “But this is not my handwriting...but this is clearly from my personal notebook at home...weird…..”

 

“Oppa! You still haven’t answered my question yet?” Nara slightly slapped his shoulders to remind him.

 

“There’s no specific reason.” He responded absentmindedly. “Something about you reminds me of some feels.” He widened his eyes in realization. “Just like this song!” He quickly took another look at it.

 

“What feels?” Nara asked confusedly.

 

“I don’t know….yet.”

 

When Jiyong stepped on top of the staircase, a strong wind blew making him shiver slightly. The bridge was nearly empty, except someone walking on it slowly. The moment she turned her head around, Jiyong’s breath caught in his throat.

 

Was it….her?

 

____

 

50 hours ago, on the flight from Korea to Paris - France

 

“I love you.” He whispered while decorating her neck with his kisses. He snuggled closer, enjoyed the warm breathe she was breathing out steadily.

 

“It’s still very early Jiyong….” Ae Ra said sleepily, but also snuggled up closer to him too. “Let me sleep.” Technically, she didn’t quite feel his touches, but she felt something, some feeling tickled her skin making her shiver.

 

“I love you.” He repeated, hugging her waist tighter in his arms. “I wish I could show you how much. I wish I could make you happier. I wish….”

 

Ae Ra opened her eyes and scooted up to kiss him lightly. “I know. And I am. I am happy.” She smiled at him. “Our time will come, don’t worry.”

 

The first ray of sunlight shone through the curtains, landing exactly on Ae Ra’s face, making her frown and shut her eyes immediately.

 

“Aish I guess I have to wake up for real then.” She murmured.

 

Jiyong woke up with a gasp. She was back. The mysterious girl haunting his dreams for months, before suddenly disappeared. He never got a glimpse of her face, until now.




 

 

___________

A/N

OMG it took me forever to update this, waeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee /crying

I am sorry. Year-end, holidays, festival, many things kept me busy, i am so sorry T__T

anyway, i know there isn't many progress on the current, but since i left many details slipped, we need to go back to the past first :D 

i know, i know. i will explain later why it's a notebook, but now it's just a music sheet ;) everything has its reason, don't worry /pats

also, i see many of you wonder about Jiyong's mom. Please be patient with me, things will be unveiled soon :)

its Vanlentine, not many sweet Jiyong x Ae Ra, still, I tried T___T 

i just wanna say, i used to have dreams like this. about a guy, about being in love with him. its weird, since i didnt know him. then one day, i met him, idk, i just know that it's him. but life isnt as pretty as dreams, when he never knew my existence :) i did wuite a bunch of stupid actions because of him though lmao but i regret nothing :) up to now, i still consider him as my 1st love, one of the only true ones i had until now.

thank you for all the sub & comments <3 pls give me some thought s for this one too! 

love you all

p/s: GDYBRi worldwide fanmeet! lol wtf!!!! i am so angry with the fanmeet in SG esp! ( i am sorry but i cant say my reason specificly. i just wanna kill YG thou lol)

i miss this cutie pie :( i am so busy recently, cannot catch up with the updates T___T 

Rosie.