Eleven

If You Were Not A Dream

The morning was so quiet.

Too quiet.

Ae Ra woke up to an unusual silence. She could not put on how strange this feeling was, but, something was...off. Something out of her ordinary daily routine.

Stretching slowly on her bed, Ae Ra hissed when her hand accidentally touched the bruised cheek. She was not sure how it looked, she just hoped there would be no visible mark, or else she would have to wear thicker make-up today. Believe it or not, she hated wearing all those layers of cosmetic on her face.

Absentmindedly rubbing the bruised cheek, Ae Ra groggily climbed out of her bed. Where is Jiyong? He ALWAYS was there, on that small couch in her bedroom when she woke up. It’s either he yelled or shouted to wake her up or just sat there and had a smiling face as a way to say Good morning to her.

“Jiyong?” Ae Ra rubbed her eyes, yawning loudly, striding towards the living room. Maybe he’s in the kitchen? Messing her hair, Ae Ra frowned her eyes while travelling to the kitchen. Still no sign of Jiyong.

“Jiyong?” She called loudly.

She stood in the middle of her apartment, looking from left to right.

“Jiyong?”

Ae Ra’s heart skipped a beat. She gulped quietly. The feeling she feared most was back.

Emptiness.

_____

Tentatively, Ae Ra pushed the door open. She was sure yesterday’s events were upset Jiyong somehow, and by seeing how guilty he felt last night, she came to a conclusion that he might disappear out of her sight, for that noble reason, the I-don’t-wanna-burden-you which he once told her when they just started to get to know each other, when Ae Ra was just released from the hospital.

Stupid dragon. Ae Ra mumbled under her breath, sighing when seeing no sign of Jiyong in his patient room either.

“Where have you gone?” She said in dismay, looking down at his body. Tsk-ed her tongue lightly, Ae Ra traced her palm on the side of his face, brushing off some infant hairs out of the way.

He looked paler in body than the vision she saw. She figured it was because of the coma, the sickness, or whatever it was. But he was still very handsome. She noticed Jiyong was not like other men, he was manly, but in a pretty way. It was hard to explain. It was just, Ae Ra was too familiar with Western guys, someone like Jiyong was….strange to her. He was a living beauty to her. With that blonde hair which was styled perfectly on a side, and him wearing such a manly suit like that, Ae Ra found herself often mesmerized by his manly beauty. But this body of Jiyong, it’s so…..innocent, so…...pure and innocent, not an inch of G-Dragon - the celebrity - in it. He was just a normal man who was suffering from a coma, so fragile and…...lonely. (A/N: i forgot, hehe, in this story, Jiyong looked like this in his coma time)

She didn’t realize how much she depended on Jiyong’s appearance, until he disappeared this morning. The house was quiet, so quiet that it scared her, even though it’s just morning. She didn’t know it would be that hard to do all those morning routines alone: preparing for a new day ahead, having breakfast, getting out of the apartment, locking the door, driving the car. She kept glancing back and forth, in hope of seeing Jiyong standing somewhere like usual, but no avail.

She paid a quick visit to the office to arrange things, before going to his hospital room. She just needed to find him. She just knew, he was lonely too, just like how she felt right now. She would not let his silly nobility get the best of him.

Normally, when Jiyong wasn’t with her, he would be in this room, watching over his body. He was distant before too, not until Ae Ra insisted on dragging him along her daily life. Sometimes, when he felt like Ae Ra needed time to be alone, he would be here too. But Ae Ra always came and got him back by her side. She knew she was the only one could see him, and even though it was insane to have a soul as a friend, but she didn’t want Jiyong - even if as just a soul - feel lonely.

But today, he wasn’t here. And now that confused Ae Ra. Her mind started working hard to figure out where he might go.

At first, the first thing came to her mind was, maybe he woke up already? But seeing everything in the hospital and his room was normal, seeing how the bodyguards just curtly nodded at her when she stepped inside the room, she knew nothing unusual happened.

“You’re so silly.” She sighed, took out his arm and started massaging it. “I thought we got through that awkward stage?” She went on the other arm.

“I told you many times, stop being sensitive like a girl.” She scowled when she massaged his thigh and leg. “What is the point of being so when I don’t give a….” She muttered, didn’t wanna curse out loudly.

The door opened slowly, stopping Ae Ra from moving to his next leg. She turned to look at his new visitor.

Youngbae came into the view, slightly surprised seeing Ae Ra here. It was understandable, since she normally visited Jiyong when it’s very late, not in the morning like this.

“Hi.” She awkwardly smiled to him. Out of Jiyong’s members, Ae Ra felt most awkward to Youngbae for some reason, even though he was his best friend, as what Jiyong told her. It’s just, she was not sure if Youngbae just didn’t wanna be rude while in fact he was annoyed with her, or he just being friendly enough.

“Oh you’re here?” He was still wearing those sunglasses. Actually Ae Ra never saw him without a pair of sunglasses anyway.

Someone followed Youngbae stepped into the room, and it was Ae Ra’s turn to be taken aback.

She started at someone who looked like a celebrity walking slowly to the room, her heels made small sounds to the marble floor. Ae Ra was told that sometimes there were celebrities who were Jiyong’s friends and acquaintances visited him, but she never encountered one. the other celebrities aside Jiyong himself Ae Ra ever met was his band members.

“Hello,” The girl said politely, nodded her head at Ae Ra. She nodded back, extracted herself from Jiyong’s bed and watched as the girl approached. “Do we interrupt your visit?”

“No, I was just massaging his body.” Ae Ra replied.

She observed when the girl carefully sat down on the chair next to his bed. She had short hair, just above shoulders, and Ae Ra didn’t know why but she felt that her body screamed out the word “model”. She was just…..like a model, from head, to clothes, to shoes, to her bag, all. The girl gazed at Jiyong’s body with sad eyes.

Feeling like she was invading some privacy, she cleared . “I’ll leave now. Enjoy your stay.” She went to pick up her bag.

“I’m sorry but, who are you?” The girl asked in her most polite tone, but Ae Ra still frowned. “I see that you massaging his body, meaning you might be close to him somehow. But I never saw you in my previous visits.”

“Me neither.” Ae Ra replied in an equal polite voice. “If you must know, I’m the other driver in the accident. I feel bad for being the one living a normal life while he has to lie here and suffered from the coma, so…” She trailed off. “I don’t know, I just think I need to visit him until he wakes up.”

“Sorry, I didn’t mean for it to sound rude.” The girl stood up and extended her hand. “Mizuhara Kiko. Just call me Kiko. I’m Jiyong’s friend.” No wonder why Ae Ra felt like this girl have a broken accent. She was a Japanese.

“Shin Ae Ra.” Ae Ra took her hand, and she frowned a bit when her finger touched a ring on Kiko’s wedding finger. “Enjoy your stay, Miss. Kiko.”

“It’s Mrs.” Kiko smiled. “And you don’t have to leave….”

“No, I do.” Ae Ra shook her head. “I have a meeting in a bit. Nice to meet you.”

“Ae Ra-ssi.” Youngbae called out after Ae Ra’s back. “Can I meet you for a bit?”

Ae Ra was slightly surprised by Youngbae’s sudden request, but nodded her head stiffly. They left the room, leaving Kiko alone in Jiyong’s room.

____

“How have you been?” Youngbae asked once their drinks were served.

“Better.” Ae Ra crooked a smile.

“I heard that Jiyong’s fans came to find you last night?”

Ae Ra widened her eyes in surprise. “How….how did you know that?” She asked warily.

“It’s actually everywhere in the Internet now.” Youngbae said darkly. “Someone snapped some photos when they hit you by the apple and when they harassed you and posted them online. It is quite a scandal now.” He sighed.

“It’s not harassment.” Ae Ra confused. “Yeah it was...trouble, but not that serious. Is everything ok?” She asked worriedly.

“I don’t know.” Youngbae shrugged. “What’s important is people’s reaction. Our fans are hated and bashed for being immature, and I guess soon they will find you.” He warned.

“They?”

“Reporters.”

“Ah that…..” Ae Ra nodded in acknowledgement. “I can handle them, don’t worry.”

“Ae Ra-ssi, I’m sorry to say this….” Youngbae started in a steady voice. “But can you not visit Jiyong anymore?”

Ae Ra fell silent. She could partially decipher what was running through Youngbae’s mind. This was why she was cautious whenever it came to Youngbae. He’s so calm, yet there was an aura of coldness and strictness from him.

“May I ask why?” Ae Ra calmly inquired back. “Give me some legit reason, then I’ll consider.”

“I will be honest....” Youngbae put both hands on the table, entwined the fingers together. “I don’t get why do you have to stay by his side now, when you’re already healthy for good?”

“Why not?” Ae Ra nearly glared at Youngbae’s little speech. She was getting furious. First was Seungri, next were Jiyong’s fans, now was his best friend. Why them all wondered why she was by his side? “Why are you all so curious about why I stay by his side until now?”

“What do you expect from this?” Ae Ra closed her eyes, mentally calmed herself hearing the same question again. “I mean, look, I am sorry for being rude here, but don’t you see how complicated everything right now is?”

“Jiyong’s life is complicated.” Youngbae continued when he saw Ae Ra made no talk, just quietly sipped her coffee. “Please, we are already trying so hard with everything right now. Can you do us a favor?”

“Does my existence annoy you?” Ae Ra quietly asked.

“No, it’s not your existence in this life, but your existence in his life.” Youngbae explained with a sigh. “Please don’t misunderstand. All I wanna say is, the less you appear by his side, the less chaos there will be. After all, you’re the other driver in the accident. It was hard enough for us to keep people from calling him a “careless driver”. Seeing you by his side too often, it will create unwanted rumor from reporters.”

Right. In everyone’s eyes, it’s so hard to get why Ae Ra insisted on staying by Jiyong’s side. They didn’t know about the connection between them, so they just could jump to the most possible legit reason, that Ae Ra wanna some attention. After all, she and Jiyong were, and still be, just strangers.

“Ok.” Ae Ra quietly said, standing up.

“Wait, Ae Ra-ssi. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean….” Youngbae quickly stopped her from leaving.

“I understand, really.” Ae Ra held out her palms in denial. “I do, honestly.” She bit her lips, clearing . “Please take care of Jiyong then.” She slightly bowed at him and walked off.

_____

Ae Ra sighed tiredly, headache already appeared inside her head. After the tense conversation with Youngbae, she headed straight to the office for her meeting, tried not to think about what she and Youngbae just said. But now, momentarily resting inside her car, trying to calm herself before heading home, she felt the uneasy lump inside her heart throbbing.

Heaving another deep sigh, Ae Ra took the wheel to drive off the building.

“Oh God!” She screamed, hitting the brake hastily and forcefully when a bunch of people suddenly appeared in front of her car once she got out of the basement.

Flashes were shot everywhere, making Ae Ra’s eyes shut immediately while her hand clutching on her heart tightly trying to calm the fear for nearly hit someone.

Being not stable enough, Ae Ra didn’t reflex quick enough when someone tried to open the door. It was pulled opened and soon she was shooted with voices, many voices, and flashes.

“Miss Shin, are you the other driver in the accident?”

“Ae Ra-ssi, what’s your opinion, who was the one being careless? You or G-Dragon-ssi?”

“Miss Shin Ae Ra, why do you visit G-Dragon-ssi so often lately? What’s your intention?”

“I heard you just awoke from a coma also? Do you think G-Dragon will wake up again like you?”

“Miss Shin, did G-Dragon’s fans use violence on you? Do you think of reporting it to the police?”

“Miss Shin….”

“Ae Ra-ssi…..”

Question after question, Ae Ra was suffocated with this sudden attack. She tried to use her hands to block them from attacking her, by their questions, and by their camera.

“Oh please, just leave me alone.” She said hardly, nearly choked on tears.

Seeing the chaos, securities started to appear and they tried to rescue Ae Ra from reporters’ attack. They quickly brought her back inside the building and dismissed the crowd.

“I suggest you to take a taxi or call someone to take you somewhere to rest tonight.” One of the security guards said kindly to her, eyed her with a pity face. “Don’t be careless when you’re outside. You’re quite famous right now. I heard on the TV that they even camping outside your apartment now.”

Ae Ra tiredly sat down the bench and put her head on the knees, hands messing her hair. Suddenly she wanna cry.

“Can you call a taxi for me?” She asked the guard, biting her lips.

“Sure, wait here.” He left, leaving Ae Ra alone in her thoughts.

She didn’t know why and who to blame, she just knew she felt so tired and lonely now.

“Grand Hyatt Hotel, please.” Ae Ra said once she sat inside the taxi, thanks to the guards’ helping. Sighing deeply, she looked out of the night of Seoul, wondering where was Jiyong right now.

Despite everything happening around her right now, for some reason, she just wanna see him again.

She missed him.

___

 

“You skipped dinner again, right?” Jiyong whispered in a thin voice, breaking the quiet night. “I am only gone for one day, and you already back to the bad habit.” He smiled sadly, slowly approached to Ae Ra’s bed.

It took several hours for Ae Ra to finally fall to her sleep. Jiyong watched from his hidden spot how quiet she was the entire night in the hotel room. She did nothing, just laying on bed, eyes staring to nowhere exactly. She was roaming with thoughts inside her head, Jiyong could feel that. Slowly fatigue took over, and she gradually closed her eyes, finally letting her tiring self rest.

He sat down on her bedside, eyes never moved off her sleeping face. Exhaust was visible on her face. Slowly and timidly, he brought his hand to touch her face, literally.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered, a torn feeling crept up from his lung. He bent down to kiss on her forehead. “I’m very sorry for everything.”



 

A/N:

Is it too fast? I don't know :D I personally like this chapter :D

For Seungri's hostile, I have my reason ;) pleae look forward for the future ^^ 

For Kiko's role, I admit I forgot about her =)) But now i rmb ;)

i can't wait to get to the fluff parts alkjskdjskdjksasak but my mood recently is not good, so are my chapters -__-

"There's no such thing as forever.....Leave me alone, I was always alone anyway" oh God did you guys hear it? watch it? CROOKED oh God i love it. The song is damn good and the lyric is just....so sad :"(

But i really really like COUP D'ETAT ok I am bias him BUT this album is a masterpiece alsjkakjdsakjdksadjak

Anyway, please give me your thoughts on this chapter :) Thank you guys so much for the subs & comments :) I appreciate every  single one :)

Love you guys

Rosie.