Twenty-eight

If You Were Not A Dream

 

“What’s your favorite color?”

 

She looked up from the bowl mixed up with various kinds of vegetables, flashing Jiyong a lopsided smile. “Blue. Why?”

 

“Just asking.” He shrugged and jumped from the sofa and leisurely walked into the kitchen. “Don’t you ask back what was mine?”

 

“All the colors are your babies, didn’t you said so before?” She added more olive oil into the salad. “You’re a colorful lizard.”

 

“What?” Jiyong gasped, faking to be hurt. “Yah! You’re insulting me and my fashion sense?”

 

“You said that, not me.” She laughed satisfyingly before checking her food. “Name a color you haven’t tried on your hair?” She turned off the fire and poured the freshly cooked bacon into a big bowl of salad. “You even tried half blue, half pink.” She giggled to herself, oblivious to his rolling eyes.

 

“I haven’t tried neon yellow, or neon green….” He said with a thinking face. “I should try them next then…” He laughed when he saw how she stopped doing whatever she was doing to perfect her salad upon hearing his reply. “And what are you doing to the poor salad? Who would have used fried bacon with salad?”

 

“One day you’ll have to regret for looking down on my cooking skill, Mr. Kwon.” She scoffed. “It’s Shin Ae Ra’s special, it would never taste wrong.” She tsk-ed, throwing him a wink.

 

Jiyong tiredly massaged his temples. He hardly had any sleep these days, since their comeback was near. It was their very first one after Seunghyun returned from his military service, everything must be perfect. Had anything ever made with G-Dragon’s name was imperfect? The higher the expectation was, the harder he had to work.

 

He barely had time to sleep, and yet when he did, once in a while, he was thrown into weird dreams with that Shin Ae Ra girl. It kept appearing more and more frequently that it kinda scared him.

 

“Tell me about Nara.”

 

Ending her call, she raised her brows to him. He didn’t know much, but he knew she had a younger sister, and she loved and worried for that sister every minute of the day, even though the two lived quite far from each other.

 

“She’s pretty.” She smirked at him.

 

“Of course she is, she’s your sister.” He grinned. “What else?”

 

“She’s younger than me 2 years.” She lied down on her bed, arranging this and that pillow to get more comfy, not forgetting to leave space for Jiyong too. He always lied next to her and he was always the first thing she saw every morning.

 

“So she’s 4 years younger than me.” He looked so attentive, which amused her. “Ok what else?” He asked eagerly. “Tell me more. I never had a younger sibling, I wanna know!” He whined.

 

“She’s noisy, carefree, annoyed, dramatic, talkative, attractive, cute.” She smiled to herself. “Exactly like how a younger sister should be.”

 

“Sounds just like Seungri to me.” He snorted. “Annoyed, noisy, shameless, overreacted, self-centered, spoiled.” He grunted with every word.

 

“Hey!” She laughed seeing his sulky face. “But you love him as a brother a lot, right?” She scooted closer to him, situated herself next to his side comfortably.

 

“That little .” He chuckled, tucked her closer to him. “Did you and your sister ever fight?” He hugged her arm and looked down at her.

 

“Of course.” She nodded, laying her head more comfortably on his shoulders, well, at least it looked somehow like that. “But then I accept that she’s a spoiled kid by me and she accepted that I was an over-worrying sister she had.” She touched her nose with her fingers, laughing at herself. “One thing I am very grateful for, she is a kid who can take care of herself well even if she is alone, I know that. Nevertheless, I don’t want her to think that I neglect her, so I have to show her how worried I was, even if I might not that serious compared to what I overreacted to her.”

 

“Nara sounds like an interesting girl.” He commented, smoothed down her long hair. “I’d like to get to know her someday.” He said before kissing her hair.

 

That was the very first time he dreamed about Nara, well, kind of, after meeting an overjoyful Seungri who could not stop singing and yelling like a mess but surely there was ‘Nara’ in his words. The kid just came back from a dinner with his family, Nara and her sister.

 

Nara forgave for Seungri’s stupid acts, also admitted that she was wrong for being stubborn and insensitive too. Jiyong didn’t know much, but it seemed her sister - Shin Ae Ra - was being friendly enough. She didn’t ignore Seungri but paid attention enough to him, and even though Seungri was trying to take back the time he was lost with her by trying to get brownie points with her, she seemed to immune to Seungri’s acts as her-sister’s-sweet-boyfriend.

 

Or at least that was what Seungri told them.

 

Jiyong still didn’t like that girl. Despite she was Nara’s sister. To him, she was still a dramatic drama queen, and right now she was still acting as one, all cool and composed with Seungri’s wooing actions.

 

But what’s with her being in his dreams recently? He thought he could go crazy with all these weird dreams. It was like a replaying of memories he didn’t even know that he owned.

 

“Ae Ra-ssi are you the one hitting G-Dragon’s car first?”

 

“Miss Shin, do you think you’re guilty in this accident?”

 

“Shin Ae Ra-ssi, do you think G-Dragon will wake up eventually?”

 

“I heard G-Dragon’s family hates you, is that true? Did they do anything harmful to you?”

 

He watched with pain from the afar, seeing how hard she tried to avoid all the questions and lights flashing directly to her face. Through that thick sunglasses, he could see how tired she was, how drained her mind was, how empty her heart felt. He wanna get closer to her, to somehow take away her burden, but he could not.

 

He didn’t wanna burden her more than what he already did.

 

He watched as finally she slumped herself on the bed, exhaustion was covering all of her body. Closing her eyes, she mumbled.

 

“Kwon Jiyong, I will find you.”

 

And he saw himself leaned down and landed a feather kiss to her forehead.

 

That dream bothered Jiyong most. He almost forgot how he and Shin Ae Ra connected to all these mess.

 

She was the other driver in his accident. Their accident.

 

He remembered how he first met her after waking up from up the coma. He was still dazed and weak, everything happened at that time was just a blur to him. He remembered how he tried to know if there was any other damage in the accident, if the other driver was safe. He remembered how unhappy and uncomfortable for Seungri and Youngbae and literally everyone when he wanna talked about Shin Ae Ra, until there were too many things in his life at that time, for example, trying to get back to work, trying to find the passion again to write lyrics, to compose melodies, to dance, to be G-Dragon again, that he forgot to ask more.

 

For the past 3 years, G-Dragon had 2 solo comebacks, 3 solo concerts, BIGBANG had 1 comeback and 3 concerts in Korea, 3 in Japan and another world tour. More than that, GD&TOP  also made a comeback, and GDYB made a debut. Literally, G-Dragon had no rest in the past 3 years. Hotels were his frequent place to sleep, restaurants or take-aways were his daily meals, and whenever he wasn’t on a plane or in a hotel room, he would be at YG. He rarely even stayed in his apartment, let alone his home.

 

Home, where mom, dad and noona were there.

 

Jiyong seriously felt bad, when whenever he had times to come home, it was always really quick. Just for a dinner, and he only had time to eat, didn’t have time to sleep at home. He badly missed mom’s food, watching TV with dad, talking with noona and her husband, or playing with his nephew. Jiyong didn’t know why, but after waking up from the coma, he always felt the need to go home and spend more time with his family very strongly. He always tried to have dinner at home every week.

 

“Are you having a headache?” Mom asked him worriedly, making Jiyong looked up from his dinner. “Is everything alright? You’ve been spacing out for several minutes.”

 

Dami, who was sitting next to him nudged him. “Having a fight with Hye Young again?”

 

Jiyong seriously wanna laugh. “We’re always fighting in your eyes huh?” He played with his spoon, messing the soup in the bowl. “It’s that bad?”

 

“Hye Young? Who is Hye Young?” Mrs. Kwon asked confusedly. “Jiyong, you have a new girlfriend?”

 

“Mom, don’t press him.” Dami spoke up. They are just at the beginning stage.”

 

Jiyong didn’t say anything, just kept eating lazily. He should have been prepared. Dad and brother-in-law went fishing away, mom and sister would not let him go easily with anything.

 

“How long is it?” Mrs. Kwon asked gently, she looked somehow….sad?

 

Jiyong frowned. “Nothing serious mom, don’t worry.” He shrugged. “When I’m ready I’ll bring my girlfriend to you. he smiled briefly to reassure her.

 

“Mom, it’s been so long since the last time he had a serious girlfriend. That was even before he got into that accident. Cut him some slack.” Dami said nonchalantly while grabbing an apple and started cutting it.

 

“Jiyong ah, you don’t…..” Mrs. Kwon trailed off, sighed. “Did you really not have any girlfriend before and during that accident?” She chose her words carefully.

 

“Yes mom.” He put down his spoon and finished eating, grabbed another table on the table and took a large bite, munched it thoughtfully. “And what do you mean by during? I was unconscious for 11 months mom. I knew nothing during that time. Last time I checked, there was no girl appeared and claimed to be my girlfriend.” He showed his gummy smile.

 

“You don’t feel...connected to anyone?” Both Dami and Jiyong looked at their mom weirdly upon hearing what she asked.

 

“What are you talking about mom?” Jiyong whined. “I’m tired, don’t make me guess.” He finished the apple and stood up. “Jiyongie is full, now he has to go and work harder.”

 

“Wait, can’t you stay and sleep here?”

 

“Can’t mom, Youngbae is waiting for me. We have an upcoming single gotta finish recording soon.” He said while putting his sneakers on. “I’ll be back soon.” He leaned in and kissed his mom’s cheek and hurriedly got out of the house. “Noona I’m out!” Leaving one last shout to Dami, Jiyong waved and smiled to his mom before walking towards his manager.

 

Mrs. Kwon sighed. It got harder and harder for her to bring Ae Ra’s issue up to Jiyong.

 

Simply that, she didn’t know how.

 

Everytime Jiyong came home, he would be either extremely happy and relaxed or the other way around, completely exhausted and drained. When he was relaxed, she didn’t want to pop that comfortable balloon of his mood, because until now, talking about the time when Jiyong was in the coma was still avoided. There was nothing to talk about - well, from the outside perspective, it was like that anyway - only a reminder of everyone’s gloomy days when the great GDragon lied there immobile and unconscious.Nevertheless, when Jiyong was too tired because of works or whatever it was, she didn’t wanna burden him more, just be a silent understanding mom, provided her son his favorite food and some comfort.

 

She never forgot about Shin Ae Ra. she just didn’t know how to bring her back to Jiyong’s life.


 

___

 

“Ok. Good job bro.” Jiyong smiled satisfyingly. “Let’s take a break. Or better yet, a nap I think.” He yawned, noticed the clock showed 2AM now.

 

Youngbae came out from the recording booth and flopped down onto the sofa behind Jiyong’s back, ready to take as many rest as he could.

 

“Youngbae ah….” Jiyong called without turned his back to his best friend.

 

“Hmmm?” Youngbae hummed back, not bothered to lifted his arm off his eyes.

 

“What do you know about Shin Ae Ra?”

 

Youngbae’s eyes shot opened immediately and he instantly sat up. Clearing his throat, he asked. “Why do you ask?”

 

“I just wonder…” Jiyong shrugged, his eyes were still glueing to the iPad’s screen. “What really happened when I was in the coma? I mean, aside from she still visited me everyday ever since she woke up, was there anything else? Something serious?”

 

“She was a celebrity for a while.” Youngbae sighed, massaged his eyes tiredly. “Kind of. You know, being stalked, being taken pictures against her will, being asked rude questions by reporters…”

 

“Why?” Jiyong asked with a hint of confusion.

 

“Because it’s about you. G-Dragon.”

 

Seeing Jiyong said nothing, his back was still facing Youngbae, he continued. “I think the worst thing was, eventually, she just walked out of all those and vanished completely like...like her promise.”

 

“What do you mean?” Jiyong spoon around to face him now.

 

“Seungri told me that she used to say to him that, she would leave right after you awake. The reason why she was still here was because you hadn’t woken up yet.” Youngbae replied. “We all thought she wanted something from you, because no matter how we told her you’re not a normal person, that everything related to you would be complicated for a non-celebrity like her, and it’s ok if she just left you for us, she still came back to that room with you everyday.” He said. “We think, she might fall for you.”

 

“What?” Jiyong said skeptically.

 

“We just guessed.” Youngbae shrugged. “Anyway, when she disappeared completely, we kinda felt like...we’re too harsh with her, we judged her too quickly.”

 

“You seem to think about this thoroughly huh?” Jiyong was back with his iPad, his brows raised with displease upon reading whatever was written down there.

 

“I still owe her an apology.” He sighed. “And you too, .” He tsk-ed. “Last week in her apartment was a disaster. I think I never saw you acting like a real jerk like that before.”

 

“Shut up.” Jiyong said uninterestedly. “My words might be harsh, but those are true.”

 

Youngbae just huffed and lied back on the sofa, ignored Jiyong completely.

 

Jiyong frowned when he read further to the article below.

 

Shin Ae Ra - the other driver in G-Dragon’s car accident 3 years ago was back to Korea!

 

After disappearing mysteriously 3 years ago right after G-Dragon woke up from his coma, Shin Ae Ra was found nowhere in Korea. Rumor had it that she moved out of Korea, and that seemed to legit. She was very famous in G-Dragon’s fanbase community, all claimed never saw her even once for 3 years.

 

But recently, some fans accidentally pumped into Shin Ae Ra on a street in Hongdae. It seems she was walking to her apartment which was located somewhere inside E Building, the most luxurious and best apartment building in Hongdae.

 

There were even rumors flying around about Miss Shin’s connection with G-Dragon was still lingering until today! Someone claimed to see her in Paris, at Park Soo Joo’s birthday party - a famous Korean-origin international model, who believed to be very closed with G-Dragon too, since we all knew G-Dragon attended that party. Another legit source revealed that they unexpectedly saw Shin Ae Ra at AND Cafe, which was Seungri’s.

 

G-Dragon-ssi, beware, Shin Ae Ra was back.

 

[+1438, -435] What a bull article. You have nothing else better to do than digging in people’s life like this? Loser.

 

[+1087, -213] What is the point of this so-called article?

 

[+876 -110] For heaven’s sake leave the girl alone! She’s just another poor girl unfortunately entangled her life in G-Dragon’s.

 

[+120, -1229] Maybe she was trying to get GD’s attention again?

 

[+210, -19] Stop invading people’s private life, that was rude. Also, not everything is about G-Dragon, please.

 

They really wrote about Shin Ae Ra? Like, for real? Jiyong took a closer look to the picture of her attached in the article. It was her walking alone on the street, when it was sunset glow. It was, actually, a nice picture.

 

It gave people the lonely feeling.

 

“Ah Jiyong….” Youngbae suddenly called, snapping him out of his chain of unclear thoughts. “I saw a music sheet in your recording booth just now. That song sounds very nice. Have you recorded it yet? Can I hear it?”

 

It took Jiyong a while to get what Youngbae was talking about. That song. He still didn’t know what to do with it.

 

“I tried, but I couldn’t get the feel you know.” He threw his iPad away with a scowl.     

 

“The feel of being connected to the song when we sing it?” Youngbae asked and he nodded. “Why? Didn’t you compose it? You surely felt….”

 

“No.” Jiyong said quietly.

 

“What do you mean by no?”

 

“That was not written by me. I think so.”

 

“Really? But it sounds like something you would compose.” Youngbae just proved to be Jiyong’s best friend. He even knew Jiyong’s music style very clearly.

 

“I saw it somewhere in my apartment, and to be honest I felt very strange about that song.” He admitted. “I agree the lyric and melody is somehow like something I would create, but...I just don’t feel right about it...yet.” He rubbed his eyes tiredly. “Also, the handwriting isn’t mine either.”

 

“Then you don’t know where that song come from?” Youngbae’s face was full of confusion.

 

“No...not yet.”


 

 


---------

A/N

I updated as promised :) Am I good? Can I get more comments as a reward? Please <3

I did some edits, hope that new readers can enjoy this story better. 

Thank you so much for your support for this story <3 I'll try my best to make it as enjoyable as it should be (uhm, but to me, 'enjoyable' means full of angst you know HAHAHA) 

I have a plane to board soon :D It's a vacation. See you guys next weekend or the week after that :D 

I love you all <3 

Ah, this part, "For the past 3 years, G-Dragon had 2 solo comebacks, 3 solo concerts, BIGBANG had 1 comeback and 3 concerts in Korea, 3 in Japan and another world tour. More than that, GD&TOP  also made a comeback, and GDYB made a debut." Oh how I want it to come true LMAO

p/s: please read the story feed, it's important.

p/s 2: [TEASER] Seungri's wedding next chapter :)

Rosie.