Twenty-one

If You Were Not A Dream

Jiyong frowned when his phone buzzed, taking his eyes off the screen to take a look at the caller. He chuckled, nudged Youngbae who was sitting next to him and laughed quietly.

 

“Bet the kid cannot wait to brag about how Nara’s sister fell for his charm.” Jiyong said with amusement while sliding the screen. “How was it, kid? You got your new favorite noona yet?” Jiyong chirped happily while Youngbae just snorted.

 

“H-h-h-h-h-h-yung…..” Seungri’s voice croaked hoarsely at the other line.

 

“What’s wrong?” Jiyong frowned and sat up straighter. “Are you drunk? Why is your voice like that?”

 

“H~yung……” Seungri continued to slur on the phone. “I…..h-h-h-hate you.” He hiccuped, then shouted again. “I HATE YOU!”

 

“What the ?” Jiyong pulled the phone out of his ear and looked at the screen angrily, as if Seungri was standing in front of him. “Why the hell he is yelling at me?”

 

“What’s wrong?” Youngbae also asked worriedly. “Where is he now?”

 

“I don’t know, he sounds really drunk. Deadly drunk. And he is yelling that he hated me.” Jiyong scowled, put the phone back on line. “Yah, where are you? What happened?”

 

“Hyung I hate you!” Seungri croaked again. “I hate you.” He kept chanting that line, even though it got quieter each time.

 

“Stay wherever you are, and be ing quiet.” Jiyong growled while ended the call curtly.

 

“What’s wrong?” Youngbae raised his brows.

 

“Looks like the dinner did not do well.” Jiyong sighed, putting his thick coat on. “Let’s pick up the kid before he makes a scene.”

 

By the time they arrived Seungri’s favorite bar - right as Jiyong’s guess, since it’s where he and Nara first met, the kid was sprawling on his seclude VIP table in the corner.

 

“Why are you here alone?” Jiyong asked quietly after flopping down next to Seungri’s side, patting his back. “Where’s Nara?”

 

Jiyong looked at Youngbae worriedly when the maknae did not respond, still faced down the table with hands on his head. “Ok then let’s go.” Jiyong sighed and started to pull Seungri up, but the kid surprisingly got his strength back, threw off Jiyong’s arms and stepped away from him.

 

Jiyong narrowed his eyes when he saw Seungri’s eyes. Bloodshot eyes were looking at him angrily.

 

“Why…..” Seungri croaked, his eyes started getting red again. “I cannot believe…..why…..” He just kept looking at Jiyong with that hollow look, a hurt expression in his eyes that Jiyong honestly could not understand why that painful look aimed to him.

 

“What exactly your problem with me, maknae?” Seungri was stunned on his spot when those exactly words were spoken again, this time they’re from Jiyong, also with a similar cold tone, and also the gesture of crossing arms. A shiver ran down his spine when right now, Jiyong reminded him at how his last conversation with Shin Ae Ra started 3 years ago.

 

Seungri turned to Youngbae, a plea in his eyes, in which Youngbae returned with a bewildered expression. “What happened Seungri? Are you alright?” Youngbae asked kindly, came closer to his side.

 

Seungri suddenly launched himself to Youngbae’s arms and sobbed. “Hyung......Nara’s sister is Shin Ae Ra….” He whispered to Youngbae’s ear.

 

“Who?” Youngbae confusedly asked back, patting the kid’s shoulders lightly.

 

“Shin Ae Ra….” Seungri croaked. “3 years ago…”

 

Youngbae’s hand on Seungri’s shoulders went stilled. He gulped quietly, voice was barely audible. “What?”

 

Jiyong watched the scene with a slight hurt, since Seungri always came to him when being weak, not Youngbae.

 

“We had a fight….” Seungri pulled off Youngbae’s arms, that painful expression was still no his face. He turned to look at Jiyong. “...and now Nara refused to go back to our apartment, she went to stay with her sister.”

 

“And why you are you telling this my face as if it’s my fault?” Jiyong crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes.

 

“I HATE YOU!” Seungri shouted and stormed off the place, making both Jiyong and Youngbae jumped on their feet and got stunned momentarily.

 

“Wait, Seungri, wait!” Youngbae recovered quickly from his shock. "I’ll explain things later.” He mumbled to Jiyong before dashing to follow Seungri.

 

Jiyong confusedly collapsed on the sofa. He didn’t have a clue about what was going on. Seungri was supposed to come back from dinner with Nara and her sister, and it seemed nothing could have gone wrong since Seungri and Nara were a blessed couple since the very beginning, and Nara was always such a lovely girl to all of them, and she always claimed that her sister was “the best woman in this world”, and with Seungri’s “skill” with all the noonas, it just seemed so weird for the chance of Nara’s sister to dislike him.

 

On top of these, why the hell he was involved in all this, when Seungri more than once yelled to his face that the kid hated him.

 

Just wait until you’re sober, hyung gonna punish you, spoiled brat. Jiyong thought with a scowl. Nara spoiled you too much.

 

____

 

“Nara, speak something.” Ae Ra asked absentmindedly, still sticking her eyes onto the magazine she was reading. “I know you still have many things wanna ask me.” She looked up to see Nara was leaning on her make-up table, arms crossing and lips biting. “You’re so quiet. It’s so unlike you.”

 

“Can you tell me exactly what did you have with Seungri?” Nara asked tentatively.

 

Ae Ra winced at the question. It sounded so wrong. “What did I tell you? First, ‘what we had’ is not on the romantic side, if that’s what you’re having in mind.” She sighed and put the magazine away. “Second, I told you to find the answer from him first.” Ae Ra pulled the blanket aside, patting the spot next to hers. “Come here, and tell me what he told you.”

 

Their dinner was kinda a disaster, sort of. Ae Ra could not bring herself to start a decent conversation with Seungri, when all the memories 3 years ago suddenly flooded back too strongly, created a slight headache for her. Seungri just kept being quiet the whole dinner and avoided both she and Nara as much as possible, and Nara just kept staring between the two. Eventually, when Ae Ra could not stand it, she finished her dinner quickly and got up, told the two to talk and left the place.

 

She didn’t really know what happened after she left, but 2 hours later, Nara appeared in front of her door, grunting that she would stay with Ae Ra for a while.

 

“He just said it’s a mistake.” Nara replied quietly after got in next to Ae Ra. “A big one.”

 

“Then why didn't you come back to your apartment?” Ae Ra sighed, sliding to lay down completely. She was really tired, but she needed to talk with Nara first.

 

“I was staying at his apartment recently.” Nara shrugged. “I won't talk to him until he tells me the truth honestly.”

 

“Are you two still kids?” Ae Ra frowned. “Lemme guess, you just stormed out of the restaurant?”

 

“Yeah.” Nara shrugged again. “We fought many times before, and this is not the worse, but I cannot tolerate for being unhonest. If he keeps being stubborn, then let him be.”

 

“It’s not that hard actually….” Ae Ra said casually. “If you look up on the Internet, you’ll see.”

 

“What?” Nara confusedly turned to look at her.

 

“There was a time, I was media’s target to stalk and write nonsense articles.” Ae Ra started, she still looked into nothing particular, just the space in front. “I was the other driver in Jiyong’s accident 3 years ago.” She turned to look at Nara, waiting the girl to get a grasp at the situation.

 

Nara frowned her eyes. “Jiyong oppa? What…..” Based on her tone, Ae Ra knew that they got pretty close already, Jiyong and Nara. Ae Ra sighed inwardly. Why it had to be this messed up. “You mean…..” Nara widened her eyes. “Oh my God!”

 

Ae Ra personally thought her sister reacted a bit dramatic, when she covered by both hands and looked at Ae Ra in disbelief. “T-t-that accident…..?”

 

“Yeah….” Ae Ra smiled sadly.

 

“Jiyong oppa said that accident was really serious, both he and the other driver went into a coma for months….” Nara spoke slowly, then trailed off. “T-t-the other driver is you?”

 

Ae Ra nodded.

 

“WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME?” Nara suddenly shouted, pulled off the blanket to sit up. “3 YEARS AGO WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME ANYTHING?”

 

“Hey….” Ae Ra quickly patted Nara’s shoulders. “It’s ok, it’s in the past already ok? Plus I only went in coma for a month.”

 

“You almost died.” Nara started tearing up, and this embarrassed Ae Ra. She didn’t know what to do. “You could have died, and I didn’t know a thing. You said it's just a minor accident.”

 

“Hey hey, it’s ok.” Ae Ra quickly pulled Nara into a tight hug. “Silly, I’m here now, aren’t I?”

 

“But….” Nara sniffed. “What does this have to do with Seungri?”

 

Ae Ra sighed. She better just told Nara already so she could go to sleep soon. “I guess the kid disliked me because I was living normally while his hyung was still unconscious, since I woke up first.”

 

“Seriously?” Nara frowned, looked up with her teary eyes, making Ae Ra smiled and wiped the tears away. “Was he that childish?” Ae Ra chuckled at Nara’s confused question. “But why did he look like he committed a serious crime to you tonight?”

 

“It’s nothing.” Ae Ra shrugged, tugged Nara to lay down. “He was just a bit harsh with words, that’s all.”

 

“How much?” Nara’s voice suddenly went cold.

 

“I told you it’s in the past already.” Ae Ra smoothed Nara’s hair affectionately before wrapping the blanket around herself and the girl. “That’s enough, I’m tired. Let’s sleep. And no more talking about this.”

 

“But unnie…”

 

“Even though he did hurt me by words before…” Ae Ra said quietly. “I know it’s just because he was worried for Jiyong. Of course I need time to get used to the idea of you and him, but don’t let the past affect your relationship.” She Nara’s cheek. “You guys even came to the point of fiances, it must be something.” She smiled. “Just make sure to talk things clearly with him first, alright?”

 

“I will kill him if he hurt you.” Nara muttered under her breath, scowling while snuggling closer to Ae Ra. “I know how harsh he can be with words.”

 

“Sleep, princess.” Ae Ra turned off the bed lamp. “Tell me about how you guys ended up together later ok?”

 

 

____

A/N

Just a short update I know. I'm really sorry, I am eaten alive by works recently *sob*

But you guys don't know how much I am happy with you guys' comment for the last chapter, I am sooooooo happy, like this

tumblr_mxylvzf7GC1t36644o5_r1_250.gif tumblr_mxylvzf7GC1t36644o6_r1_250.gif (gifs by jibunnys)

Ri, *tsk*, how could you turn to blame Ji instead, it's all your faults! LOL (oh, don't worry, in BB, i love Ri just next to Ji, I am just bullying the kid lmao)

And, did I really make you guys thought it would be Jiyong instead Ri as Nara's fiance? *grin* it would be no fun, i wanna bully Ri more =))

 I need to update Shelter T____T 

Thank you so much for your support. Pls give me some thoughts pretty pls <3

Love from Rosie.