Five

If You Were Not A Dream

Jiyong felt like he was having a nausea.

 

The quiet night was disturbed by footsteps all over the hallway of the floor where Jiyong and Ae Ra were. Nurses and doctors rushed to the room at the beginning of the corridor, worry and emergency were evident on their faces.

 

Sighing, Jiyong lifted himself from the couch he was sitting. Leaving a glance to Ae Ra’s sleeping form, Jiyong turned to walk calmly towards to where his body was having a strong convulsion.

 

“What’s wrong? I thought he would not have these convulsions anymore?” Jiyong saw Seungri was pushed strongly out of the room by some intern doctor. So the kid was here, again, watching over Jiyong’s body like how he did sometimes in the week.

 

“Please stay outside, Seungri-ssi. Let the doctors do their task.” The intern doctor tried his best to calm Seungri down.

 

“Seungri-ah, let’s go somewhere.” Their manager came into view, trying to drag him somewhere further away from the noise inside Jiyong’s room.

 

Seungri reluctantly followed their manager’s strong grip, head hung low while hands rubbing his panda eyes. He looked tired, exhausted, stressful.

 

“I’m scared hyung.” Jiyong heard Seungri talked to their manager as they strode down the hall. “What if he won’t wake up anymore?”

 

“Let’s be optimistic, shall we?” Their manager patted his back with a sigh. “He’s a good boy, God won’t be unfair like that.”

 

They just passed Ae Ra’s room, and suddenly, Seungri stopped abruptly. He turned back, looking intently at the closed door.

 

“Seungri-ah, what are you looking?” Their manager asked confusedly.

 

Jiyong saw the change in those tired panda eyes, into something he never saw before.

 

“No...maknae....no...” Jiyong started to panic and wanted to grab Seungri’s arms but he could not.

 

The door sprang opened with a loud bang, and Seungri stormed inside.

 

“Yah!” Both Jiyong and their manager shouted at the same time, but of course only their manager’s voice was audible. Both of them tried to drag him back out of the room but again of course only their manager’s effort was worked somehow, or maybe not.

 

Ae Ra was startled with the loud bang, slowly started waking up. Hadn’t been awakened enough to registered what was going on, Ae Ra’s shoulders were grabbed harshly by Seungri’s grip, pinned her down the mattress strongly.

 

“Why did you wake up?” Seungri shouted, tears already b in his eyes. “How dare you wake up before him?”

 

“Yah Seungri!” Their manager tried to stop Seungri but with a strong push, he was sent falling on the floor.

 

“If you was already unconscious for one month, why didn’t you continue being so? How could you wake up yet he is still lying there?” Seungri continued pouring his anger to Ae Ra, he was crying, but his voice was loud and strong with hatred.

 

And Jiyong just could stand by there and did nothing to stop him.

 

“W-w-wait...” Ae Ra stammered with difficulty. seemed to be still too dry, or she was just scared. Jiyong could see fear in her eyes.

 

“Yah, what are you doing?” Daesung suddenly appeared from outside the room. He quickly stepped in and with just one glance at their manager on the floor, the hatred look on Seungri’s face, he knew it.

 

“Yah, let her go.” Daesung grabbed Seungri and tried to pull him out. “Yah, Seungri, you’re hurting and scaring her.”

 

Seungri struggled against Daesung’s strong arms. “No, I have to know how could she return to normal life yet Jiyong hyung hasn’t!” He roared.

 

“BE REASONABLE!” Daesung shouted, threw a fist to Seungri’s jaw. The kid wobbled and was caught by their manager’s arms. “How could you do this to her? Are you still a man?” He said angrily. “Ae Ra-ssi, I am terribly sorry for his behavior.” Daesung already bowed very lowly and said with a guilty voice.

 

“What’s this?” Dr. Jung came into the room and switched the lights on. “What are you guys doing here? I heard noises? She needs to rest, don’t disturb her!” He scolded, carefully eyed Ae Ra.

 

Seungri didn’t say a word, leaving the room in a flash. Daesung bowed to Dr. Jung. “I’m sorry. We’re leaving now.” And he left the room quickly with their manager.

 

“Are you alright? Is anything unusual happened? Why are they here?” Dr. Jung asked Ae Ra once they left.

 

Ae Ra said in a hoarse voice, clutching . “No, just switch off the lights back, please. I wanna sleep.”

 

“Ok. I’ll visit you in the morning then.” Dr. Jung nodded, scanning the room again and leave, turning off the lights.

 

The room was quiet again, so quiet. All Jiyong could hear was Ae Ra’s breathe.

 

Tentatively, Jiyong came to Ae Ra’s side. He bit his lip when he saw she acknowledged his presence.

 

“I’m sorry.” Like Daesung, he bowed to her. “He should not have done that to you.”

 

“Who is he?” Ae Ra asked quietly, her hands gripped onto the blanket, pulling it up to her shoulders.

 

“It’s Seungri...” Jiyong replied with a sigh. “My fellow member, also a nice brother of mine.”

 

“He looks different....” She said. “He doesn’t look that messed up on TV.”

 

“I guess he’s stressful because of me.” Jiyong nodded. “I’m sorry he put his anger on you.”

 

“It’s okay, I can understand.” Ae Ra said in a small voice. “It means he cares and worries for you a lot.”

 

“Where is your family?” Jiyong asked suddenly. “If you don’t mind me asking?”

 

“My sister is somewhere on the world. I will try to contact her tomorrow.” Ae Ra smiled up a bit, thinking of her Nara.

 

“Then...how about....?” Jiyong asked unsurely.

 

“My relatives all are in London, having their own life. We work together but don’t live together, so it’s understandable they could not know about my accident. I left London and was about to stay here for several months, they already knew that.” She shrugged. “My parents both passed away several years ago.”

 

“I’m sorry.” Jiyong tried his best to sound sympathetical.

 

“You should be worried more for your state right now, Jiyong-ssi.” Ae Ra said.

 

“Oh right, I am just a soul now.” Jiyong said defeatedly.

 

“Why don’t you sit?” Ae Ra suggested. “We should talk about what to do with you now.”

 

“You should go back to sleep.”

 

“No need, I’m wide awake now.” Ae Ra shook her head. “Let’s talk.”

__________

 

"So, how are you feeling right now?" Ae Ra asked once Jiying finished summarizing the past month for her, about the accident investigation, or the police's conclusion on their accident - which was both sides had their fault for not being careful enough when driving - and what happened to him. "I mean, physically. No, as in your health." Ae Ra grimaced. "Whatever I say it sounds wrong anyway." She shook her head and sat up slowly. "I mean, your condition?"

 

"Nothing." Jiyong shrugged. "Even though when I have convulsions I would feel like I wanna vomit."

 

“What did Dr. Jung say about your state?” She positioned herself to be able to sit more comfortably, facing sideway to Jiyong - who was sitting on his familiar couch in Ae Ra’s room.

 

“He said I was sleeping.” He shrugged.

 

“Yeah.” Ae Ra chuckled a bit. “What can I do for you now?” She sighed.

 

“Talk to my mom, tell her I’m here and I’m ok.” Jiyong said suddenly.

 

“What?” Ae Ra snapped her head towards Jiyong. “No one would believe me.”

 

“A mom always knows her child best.” He reasoned.

 

“And you are not ok.”

 

“Sort of.” Jiyong snorted. “But I wanna comfort her, seeing her suffering over my accident like this is torturing.”

 

“What do you want me to tell her?” Ae Ra after a moment being silent.

 

“That I’m trying to come back to her.”

__________

 

A/N

OMFG I HAVEN'T UPDATED THIS STORIES IN MORE THAN A MONTH????? OMG I AM SORRY T______T i thought I alr posted this chapter :D

I have the ideas, but its hard for me to write them in words, so I'm trying -__- I'll try to update more often from now, hope you guys can be patient with me and enjoy the story :)

Thank you guys so much for the sub and comments, and for still satying wirh me <3 please give me your thoughts <3