Ten

If You Were Not A Dream

“What are you doing here?”

Ae Ra didn’t bother to look up from the documents she was reading, casually flipping over another page. This wasn’t new to her. Everytime she unluckily encountered Seungri when she was in Jiyong’s patient room, he always started their heated conversation by that annoying question.

“Yah I am talking to you!” Seungri said louder when Ae Ra made no sign to acknowledge his presence.

“Watch your mouth, Seungri-ssi.” Ae Ra replied in an equal annoying tone. “I am still older than you, keep that in mind.” She figured not long ago that backing down from his attitude didn’t help anything, so she just ignored all together.

“How do you know?” Seungri scoffed.

Ae Ra sighed and slammed the file she was reading onto the table, glared at him. “Okay, Seungri-ssi, may I ask for an explanation for this rude attitude?” Ae Ra had enough. Even though she understood why he was like this, it’s just...unfair.

“Your existence annoyed me.” He said coldly, folding his arms. “I already said this before. Seeing you here, living a normal life while hyung is not, it’s unacceptable.”

Ae Ra laughed at his ridiculous reason. “You said as if you expected me to die.” She commented. “Or do you?”

“Be honest.” Seungri inquired back. “Why are you being like this?” A judging look was cast to Ae Ra, making her eye him annoyingly.

“Like what?”

“Being here. What do you expect from this?” Accusation, that was what Ae Ra felt in his tone at that moment.

Confused, Ae Ra asked. “What do you mean? I expect nothing, I just want Jiyong will wake up as soon as possible.”

“You call him Jiyong now?” Seungri laughed mockingly. “You guys are that closed already? Last time I checked, you were, and still are nothing in his life. You guys don’t even know each other.” He spatted.

“Ok, enjoy your stay. I’ll leave now.” Sighing, Ae Ra stood up and collect her belongings, which were come files she brought along from the office to read. Hoisting the bag on her shoulders, Ae Ra walked out of the room without even looking back at Seungri.

“I’m sorry….” A timid voice spoke right beside Ae Ra once she got out of the room. Of course Jiyong saw everything but again of course he could not do anything beside just stood beside Ae Ra and glared at Seungri, invisibly.

“Hey it’s okay.” Ae Ra brushed off with a small laugh. “It’s not the first time anyway. I’m used to it, and to be honest I’m alright, really.”

“He’s stressed…”

“I know.” She sighed along with him. “It’s a pity for him to hold thoughts like that in mind. I mean, it’s...unhealthy.” She nonchalantly raked her hand through her hair, messing it carelessly. “And it’s not your fault, stop saying sorry.” She cast a meaningful look to Jiyong, which he replied by a faint smile.

“What’s for dinner?” Jiyong asked once they were in the elevator.

Ae Ra chuckled. “You never give up, don’t you?”

“I have to make sure you never miss dinner. You’re seriously an awful food-lover”. He scoffed.

Folding her arms, she played with her feet. “Maybe I’ll drop by the grocery store today, I miss cooking anyway.” She smiled seeing Jiyong’s satisfying look.

“Not ramen anymore?” Jiyong when they headed for outside. “Or pasta?”

“Shut up.” Ae Ra grunted. “You admit that my pasta smelled heavenly.”

“It does.” Jiyong laughed. “But you should eat more Korean food, real food, not fast food.” He advised.

“From what I saw on the Internet.” Ae Ra chuckled when pushing the glass door. “G-Dragon likes fast food.” She laughed seeing his sulky face.

“But I love Korean food too! Especially if they are made by mom.” He defensed.

“Agree. Your mom’s dishes are really….”

Ae Ra’s sentence was cut when her left cheek was hit by something unexpectedly, making her stumble backward a bit with a shock quickly evidenced in her eyes.

It turned out what just hit her was an apple, and it now laying on the ground.

Confusedly, Ae Ra looked up. But she didn’t have time to figure out what was happening when she was soon surrounded by a group of people, school girls to be exact, since they’re wearing uniform, one of them grabbed her shirt collar, making Ae Ra once again tumbled towards with a shocking and confusing face.

“W-w-wait….” She stammered.

“Are you who caused oppa’s accident?” One of them asked her in a high pitch tone.

“How dare you live like nothing happened when oppa hasn’t awaken yet?” Another one tugged at her sleeve.

“Why are you here? How dare you visit oppa?” Another one shoved her hard which made the grip on her collar loosen and Ae Ra again stumbled backwards.

Ae Ra quickly realized what was the situation she was in. Sighing inwardly, Ae Ra steadied herself while absentmindedly rubbing her palm on the red cheek. She noticed Jiyong’s furious glare and looked at him, as if saying “it’s ok” and slightly shook her head.

One of the girls tried to grab Ae Ra again but she was quicker this time, the girl nearly lost her balance when Ae Ra simply stepped aside out of her reach.

“How dare you….” The girl launched herself to Ae Ra again but she just stepped back and folded her arms.

“Look, kids.” Ae Ra said in a stern yet annoyed tone. “I am much older than you, so at least show some respect.”

“You made oppa’s life miserable! And how dare you still be able to live healthily.” A wail was heard somewhere, and Ae Ra sighed again.

“Don’t make me call securities to sue you.” Ae Ra threatened, and the girls looked around timidly. They were making a scene already when many people started to crowd and whispered to each other.

“It’s ok, I just bumped to them.” Ae Ra spoke loudly enough for the crowd to hear. She turned back to the school girls. “Ok, young girls, I am sorry for being the one who is living a normal life here, but your oppa IS living too. Don’t act like he’s…….” She sighed deeply. “Don’t you think being childish like this hurts him?”

“It’s not like he knows!” The girl who tried attack Ae Ra screamed, and was about to jump on her again if it’s not because of her friend’s hold back.

“Well, you bet.” Ae Ra mumbled, glancing at fuming Jiyong who stood beside those girls and glared at them. “Anyway, don’t act stupidly. There are many reporters here everyday, don’t drag yourself on headlines with an example of how bad his fans were.” Ae Ra hissed when a cold wind suddenly appeared, making the slight swell on her cheek burn painfully.

“Why are you here though?” The violent girl hadn’t given up torturing Ae Ra yet.

“I’m visiting him, is that illegal?” Ae Ra frowned her eyebrows, re-adjusting her worn suit. “Go home, it’s getting late. I’m tired too.” She was ready to leave the scene but not before another girl spoke up.

“Are you trying to get his attention, since you luckily crossed your life with him by that accident?”

Ae Ra was stunned with how smart the words were, yet how ridiculous it they sounded. She slowly turned back, feeling half insulted, half tired. “Just be in the line between death and live like us, you will see if it can be called as ‘lucky’ or not.” She said quietly before turning her heels, walked off with a heavy heart.

____

“Sorry….”

“If you say sorry one more time….” Ae Ra grunted when struggling to get her feet out of the heels. “....I swear I will go and strangle Seungri for real.” She tossed the heels carelessly on the floor and dragged herself further into the apartment.

Because of the tiring encounter with Jiyong’s crazy fans, Ae Ra skipped the trip to the grocery store and went straight to home. Now she was rummaging through the fridge, trying to find something to feed her hungry stomach.

Sensing unusual quietness, Ae Ra looked up. She frowned at gloomy Jiyong who was standing with head hanging low, feet fidgeting and lips chewing.

“Jiyong?” She called out softly.

Jiyong looked up at her. He looked like a child waiting to be scolded. “Yes?”

“What’s with that attitude?” Ae Ra sighed, closing the fridge door. She rubbed her stomach while putting ingredients for a quick pasta on the table. “You know I don’t like it when you’re being all sensitive.”

“I’m not….”

“Yes you are.” Ae Ra cut his mumble with a chuckle. “Like a sensitive girlfriend.”

“What?” Jiyong scowled and Ae Ra laughed.

“Kidding. But, really,” Ae Ra started to make her own dinner. “If I’m not making a fuss about it, you shouldn’t too. I wouldn’t say it’s ok, but it’s alright.”

“It’s the same.” Jiyong mumbled, sulkily walked into the kitchen and sat on the chair opposite to her.

“I know, smartass.” Ae Ra smirked. “Sausage or shrimp?” She asked Jiyong to choose which type of pasta she should make tonight.

“Beef.” Jiyong said curtly. “I just wanna tell them to stop being so stupid.”

“You always want beef.” Ae Ra rolled her eyes, already cutting the sausages. “And no, it’s not stupid, it’s just…..when people you care and love having a hard time, it’s hard to keep yourself calm and do rational things.”

“Put more carrot and vegies. You’re an awful meat-holic.” He snarled. “You’re just being too nice to everyone, and that is not good.”

“Say by beef-holic.” Ae Ra retorted while boiling pasta. “Yes, I am nice, of course.” She winked at Jiyong before turning her back, completely focused on whatever she was cooking.

Jiyong looked at Ae Ra’s back with a grim face. He noticed the bruise on her cheek started to show visibly.

_____

The moon shined Ae Ra’s profile in a dark glow light, she looked just so peaceful in her sleep. Jiyong traced his index finger on the swell on her cheek, the heaviness in his heart was still there. Even though he could not touch her for real, he just knew it hurt, the bruise. And what made him feel guilty even more was, Ae Ra’s keeping saying it’s nothing. First with Seungri’s hostile, and now his fans’ over-protection. They were friends, yes, but it was after that accident, it was something Ae Ra didn’t ask for. She’s just being friend with him because he was always by her side.

He didn’t want to bother her life too much. Even though she was the only one who be able to keep him sane with his current situation, he just could not be greedy and take advantage of her kindness like that.

Maybe he could just disappear? Completely?


 

 

 

A/N

Hi :)

I'm really sorry for this late update. I was in an accident a few weeks ago and well......I honestly dont know how am i still alive LOL srl, thank God for protecting me -___-

My writing is lately :"( I need to practice more /head-hung-low/

have a good weekend everyone :) thank you so much for the comments & subs <3