Twenty-nine

If You Were Not A Dream

“Oh my God unnie what am I supposed to do??? I’m gonna get married? Oh my God I am not ready yet!”

 

Ae Ra smiled absentmindedly when she was trying to fix Nara’s hair under the veil. “Yah!” She scolded. “Stay still, do you wanna become a messy bride?”

 

“Unnie, why did I agree to marry him again?” Nara said dramatically, earning some giggles from her bridesmaids.

 

Ae Ra turned to rolled her eyes at them, then turned back and slapped Nara’s shoulders. “You wasn’t like this last week.” She mumbled. “I remember very well how embarrassed I was being your sister that night.”

 

“But I am gonna marry him for real now oh my gosh!” She continued whining, flopping down onto the sofa with a sigh. “Remind me again, why am I marrying that idiot?”

 

“You kissed that idiot very passionately in front of everyone that night, I still remember that miss.” Ae Ra reminded Nara one of her many stupid shameless actions at that party.

 

“But I still wonder, how did you get home that night unnie?” Nara suddenly stopped her tantrum, turning to face Ae Ra but her sister quickly glared and turned her around again. “I remember Youngbae oppa told me that you were so drunk that night, but then…”

 

“Then you locked yourself with that bastard you’re gonna marry now, totally forgot about this poor unnie.” Ae Ra mumbled, finished touching the bride’s hair. Not that she’s a professional hairdresser, she just loved touching her own sister’s hair, like how they did then they were little. “I should have punished you for not coming home that night.” She checked Nara’s earrings. “And the following nights since then.”

 

“Who got you home that night unnie?” Nara still didn’t give up, narrowed her eyes.

 

“Who else, the taxi driver.” Ae Ra rolled her eyes and stood up. “Come here girls, let’s take a pictures.” She called out the bridesmaids and ready to be their photographer.

 

“You were drunk unnie. When you’re drunk, you can’t even….”

 

“Stop talking! Smile!” Ae Ra cut in impatiently. “Nice shot.” Ae Ra reviewed the pictures and smiled.

 

“Okay, come here.” Ae Ra spread her arms to hug her sister. “You’re gonna be a married woman soon. Stop being so childish ok?” She smoothed down Nara’s hair. “He’s a jerk, I know, and stupid also, but be an understanding and a good wife ok?”

 

“I love you unnie.” Nara squeezed her sister back tightly. “You’re the best sister in this world.”

 

“Of course.” Ae Ra chuckled. “Even Seungri said so.”

 

“But, really, how did you get home that night?” Nara still didn’t give up.

 

“2 weeks, remember.” Ae Ra ignored her sister’s previous question. “I only stay until you come back from your honeymoon.”

 

“Ah unnie!” Nara whined. “How can you leave me again like that? Stay please, I need help with our business too.”

 

“You have Seungri now, he’s a good businessman.” Ae Ra shrugged, made herself to the door. “Plus I’ll help you like how we managed the past 3 years, I don’t really need to stay here.” She opened the door. “We had this discussion last week Nara. I don’t wanna talk about it anymore.” She walked out, completely ignored Nara’s yell for her.

 

Ae Ra stepped out one of the balcony and exhaled a deep sigh. Of all her memories with Jiyong, what happened last week was something she really wished she could forget. She longed for him, but not to be in pain like this. She would rather bury all the good memories with him to the deepest of her heart than to see, meet and have those kinds of confrontation with him ever again.

 

It was a party thrown by Seungri and Nara, kind of their ‘wedding announcement’, but it was more like just a reason to party, since it was only 1 week before the wedding, and the invitation was already given nearly a month ago. At first Ae Ra didn’t wanna attend, but Nara insisted on how Ae Ra needed to go outside and socialized more, plus it’s her party. Eventually Ae Ra dropped by, but it was very late already.

 

Seungri’s wedding announcement to the media was a shock, since no one expect the maknae of BIGBANG would get married first like this. But after discussing with the company, and also asking for Ae Ra’s opinion, they agreed that they would not reveal Nara’s face and identity to the public, at least not now, to protect her life and business. Plus, they also thought the media could easily detect the connection between the name Shin Nara and Shin Ae Ra, and that would not an easy scandal to settle.

 

“Unnie!” Nara yelled excitedly the moment Ae Ra stepped inside that noisy club. In instant, her hand was grabbed by Nara’s and she was pulled towards a long table with many people around. “Everyone, this is my beloved sister, Ae Ra!” She said with pride before landing a sloppy kiss on her cheek, and everyone cheered enthusiastically.

 

“Hey, are you drunk?” Ae Ra examined her sister’s face. Flushed cheeks, twinkle eyes with mischief. Definitely a drunk Nara.

 

“And those ets out there.” Nara ignored her and turned around to face the table once again. “Even though she’s single, no one can touch her tonight okay?” Her sister said in her drunken voice. “My sister is very fragile, very…”

 

“Stop!” Ae Ra quickly covered Nara’s mouth. “Gosh you’re embarrassing yourself Nara.”

 

“Noona! You’re here!” An arm draped over her shoulders and soon a stupidly smiling Seungri greeted her drunkenly as well. “Natalie waited for you for soooooooooooo long!” He slurred happily.

 

“Oppa!” And to Ae Ra’s horror, Nara quickly left her side and threw her arms around Seungri’s neck, in which Seungri didn’t miss to catch and the two immediately went on kissing each other while everyone in the table cheered.

 

“I love you.” She heard Seungri stopped for a while and, despite their drunken state, looked deeply into Nara’s eyes and whispered those words. “I love you so much.” And they went on kissing passionately again.

 

Half embarrassed half uncomfortable, Ae Ra quickly found a spot to sit down and ignored those two lovebirds.

 

“Hello unnie.”

 

Ae Ra turned around to see a very lovely girl in blonde greeted her with smiling eyes. There’s something about this girl making Ae Ra like her immediately even though they just barely met.

 

“Hi.” She greeted back with a small smile. “You’re Nara’s friend?”

 

“Yes. But actually, I was Seungri’s friend first.” She extended her hand. “I’m Chaerin. Can I call you unnie? I’m the same age with Nara.”

 

Ae Ra nodded and took the girl’s hand. “Good to see you, Chaerin-ssi.”

 

“It’s Chaerin.” She showed Ae Ra her smiling eyes again, they were so adorable even though the girl wore a very thick makeup. “Even though some might call me as CL.”

 

“Oh CL?” Ae Ra’s eyes went wide. “I didn’t recognized you, sorry.” She chuckled. “You look even prettier up close.”

 

“See? Yet that precious Natalie of Seungri oppa told me that I looked uglier in real life.” She pouted and Ae Ra laughed. No wonder why she felt affectionate that fast towards the girl. She was just like her Nara.

 

They went talking for a while and Ae Ra learned that she was Nara’s best friend in YG, just next to Seungri himself, and maybe Jiyong, since Nara was very close to Jiyong. While talking with Chaerin, Ae Ra took a look around. there were many people but all were engaged in various kind of conversations. But what she saw on the right corner made Ae Ra went stilled.

 

Jiyong was there, holding a girl closely in his arms. They were whispering something to each other, completely lost of whatever going around them, even more than what Seungri and Nara had just now. The girl sat completely on his lap while locking her arm around his neck, the other hand chasing circle on his chest.

 

“Unnie…” She heard Chaerin called her tentatively. “If you don’t mind, I also know about your accident with Jiyong oppa several years ago.”

 

“Oh…” Ae Ra quickly moved her gaze off the couple, ignored a new founded hurt just opened inside her heart. She didn’t say anything else, just turned back to Chaerin with a shrug.

 

“I’m sorry for what you had to endure at that time.” She was surprised to see Chaerin said with uttermost sincerity.

 

“Did those kids go around and telling everyone about that?” Ae Ra groaned. “It’s...it’s okay, Chaerin, don’t mind about what Seungri or Nara said. It’s all in the past.”

 

“Are you ok?”

 

“Yes. Why not?” She asked back confusedly.

 

“I saw you looked at Jiyong oppa just now. That is his girlfriend, Hye Young.” Chaerin said in a quiet voice, and to be honest Ae Ra was kinda of scared of what those pretty eyes were trying to convey to her. Don’t be angry unnie, but, based on what I know from Seungri oppa and Youngbae oppa, I know that you might have feelings for Jiyong oppa.”

 

“W-what are you talking about?” Ae Ra was stunned. She..she didn’t know what to react to this situation.

 

“Nara talked to me how much she worried for her sister, since her relationship with Seungri was just like a trigger to what caused you pains 3 years ago.” Chaerin said while taking her hands again. “And I always wanna talk to you 3 years ago, but when I could find a way to meet you, you already left Korea at that time. When I found out Nara was your sister, I was shock as well. I never expected such a twist like that.”

 

“Why did you wanna meet me 3 years ago?” Ae Ra asked in utter confusion.

 

“I saw you many times when you visited Jiyong oppa at nights before, when he was still in the comma.” She replied. “Only love could make you look at him like that and stayed like that by his side for months.”

 

“Chaerin…” Ae Ra was speechless.

 

“I just wanted to meet you to encourage you, to let you know how much I admired you and what you did for him.” She smiled at her.

 

Embarrassedly, Ae Ra wiped her teary eyes. She didn’t even bother to correct Chaerin’s assumption about her love for Jiyong. She didn’t feel the need to. It was partially true anyway.

 

“Thank...you.” She said between quiet sob. “This...means a lot.”

 

Chaerin patted her sympathetically. “I don’t know why, and I know it’s weird, but I always think of you as my own sister, unnie. Maybe it was because I was very close to Nara.” She said warmly. “I think, this whole drama is really.... I’m very sorry, unnie.”

 

“I’m gonna go back to London soon, don’t worry.” Ae Ra calmed herself. “I think I’m done with whatever here.”

 

Chaerin looked like she wanna say something else, but she just nodded. “Alright, if it’s what you really want unnie.”

 

After that unexpected conversation with Chaerin, Ae Ra felt tired both physically and emotionally. She had a long day anyway. She was about to leave the club, but when she walked across the dance floor, the image of Jiyong and his girlfriend dancing heatedly to each other got her stunned on the spot once again.

 

They were so close to each other, his hands on her hips while her hands on his neck. They moved together with every beat, and once in a while he would lean in her neck to whisper something, and she would smile, or even landed a kiss on his cheeks, or, his lips.

 

Watching them being intimate like that, Ae Ra could not take it anymore.

 

She stopped at the bar section, and started drinking.

 

Ae Ra was never a heavy drinker. In fact, she rarely drank at all. Even when she was upset, drinking was never her option of getting away.

 

But tonight, an unknown sadness was building in her chest, making her hard to breathe. She thought it would not affect her. She thought she forgot. She thought she could act like nothing happen. She thought she could lie to herself, could pretend that she never loved Jiyong before.

 

Ordered the strongest drink, Ae Ra gulped down from shot to shot, until she could not take it anymore. She collapsed on the table with her face down. A tear escaped her eye before she went into unconscious.

 

She could feel someone’s hand on her back, roaming around then there was a whisper. “What are you doing here all alone sweetie?”

 

She wanna shrugged that hand and voice off, but too drunk to even lift herself up.

 

“I’ll make you feel better, come with me.” That voice still whispered into her ear, the other hand landed on her shoulders and attempted to move her away the table.

 

“What do you think you are doing?”

 

Even in her drunken state, she still could recognize that voice.

 

“What? Mind your own business.” That hand even tightened more around her waist. She struggled to shrug it off.

 

“Go...away….” She weakly groaned and rose her head up, a hand tried to pry that arm away while the other one massaged her forehead.

 

“She’s Seungri’s fiance’s sister you idiot.” She heard he said flatly before she was yanked kinda violently off that arm, making her land harshly to a chest. His chest.

 

She didn’t care what they were talking or arguing about anymore. She inhaled his scent deeply, closed her eyes and went into a deep unconsciousness.

 

Just for tonight. Just once.

 

______________

 

Groggily, Ae Ra opened her eyes.

 

The dim yellow light of her bedroom welcomed her view. Her head felt so heavy, and she had to use her hand to cover the light momentarily.

 

“Is your acting over now?”

 

Startled, Ae Ra snapped her eyes open immediately and turned to where the voice from. He was there, sitting on her couch, legs crossed  and wearing a poker face.

 

Ignored her screaming headache, she got up. “How…” Swallowed up her dry throat, she asked in a hoarse voice. “Why are you here?”

 

“Isn’t that what you plan for?” Uncrossed his legs, he stood up and strode towards her bed slowly.

 

Somehow felt scared, Ae Ra scooted back to the side. “What do you mean? W-what are you doing?”

 

“Being like a defenseless drunken lone innocent girl in a bar where was full of men who might have bad intentions.” He loomed closer to her, even sat down on her bed eventually. “Making me have no other option than personally taking you home.” He looked at her sharply. “Then what, you kept mumbling my name while being drunk? Knowing very well I am here?”

 

She did? Oh God…

 

“I….” She stammered but he cut her off by glooming his face close to her.

 

“Yes. You caught my attention. But what do you expect from me?” She was about to distance herself from him but he was quicker, grabbing her shoulders and pinned her down to the bed again, him hovered above her with an intense gaze. “What are you trying to do?”

 

“I….” She struggled to speak, but no word could come out properly. “I’m sorry.” She didn’t know why, but she truly felt guilty at that moment.

 

“Why do you keep appearing in my dreams?” He asked her in a whisper. “I don’t understand… Why?”

 

Their eyes stared at each other, his brown orbs were full of confusion yet frustration, while her black ones were starting to tear up with overwhelming emotions.  

 

“I don’t understand it at all…” He said with confusion. “I dreamed about you more than anyone I ever dreamed about. Why? We’re just mere strangers.”

 

Unconsciously, with a shaking hand, she slowly reached up and traced her fingers on his face. “J-j-jiyong…” She said hoarsely. “I….I’ve missed you so much.”

 

For a moment, she thought that he leaned on her touch. But then she heard him speaking, his voice no longer a whisper anymore. “So what they said were true.” He said sharply.

 

“W-what?”

 

“3 years ago. You refused to leave because you wanted me.” His icy voice was like cold water slapped to her face. She again tried to shrugged him off but he pinned her even stronger down to her bed. “What? Don’t play innocent anymore, there are just two of us here now.”

 

“Get off!” She tried to use her arms to move him away but he even nestled himself closer to her, settled himself between her legs while getting his face even closer to her. “What are you doing?” She asked in panic.

 

“What? Isn’t this what you want?” He asked with a smirk. Then, without any further word, he crashed his lips on hers.

 

She stopped struggling. She just froze. And soon a tear escaped her eye.

 

This wasn’t her Jiyong.

 

But, very quickly, suddenly he lifted himself off her and sat up straight, his eyes widened while he looked at her with disbelief.

 

“W-what...was that…” He muttered something as a whisper, but she couldn’t care less. She sat up as well and slapped him hard on the face.

 

“GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!” She screamed before pushing him off her bed. She tried to stand up but the headache and dizziness made her wobble and stumbled back to the bed.

 

“Be careful!” Jiyong quickly snapped out of his dazzle state and reached out to help her but she shrugged his hand off.

 

“Go!” She looked at him, tried her best not to cry. “Or you want me to call Nara? Or Seungri?” She looked around as if to find her phone. “Or your girlfriend?” She turned to look at him sharply.

 

“Ok fine fine, I’ll go ok?” He retreated with a scowl, immediately left the room and slammed the door harshly.

 

Ae Ra slumped back and buried herself deeply under the blanket. Her eyes stung but she closed them quickly, refused to let any other tear fall down again.

 

After that day, she knew that she could not stay here anymore. Not when it was so easy for her world to collide with him. Not when her presence would just make his life more complicated, even far worse than what she did to his life 3 years ago. Not when she had no reason to stay anymore.

 

“Ae Ra-ssi?”

 

Ae Ra turned back, and to her astonishment, the faces of Young Bae, Dae Sung and Seung Hyun greeted her.

 

She also met them again at that party last week, but aside a quick nod to acknowledge the other, they didn’t exchange any kind of conversation. For Ae Ra’s part, she didn’t find any reason to talk to them anyway, even though Nara and Seungri kept suggesting about an dinner together sometimes later. From her spot that night, Ae Ra could see how close Nara was to all of them. A part of her felt glad that Nara could talk with everyone in Seungri’s circle like that, but another part of her felt sad for herself, since she could not be that comfortable with people around Jiyong before. All she felt back to then was uneasy and uncomfortable, maybe, even guilty.

 

“Hello.” She bowed to them. “It’s been a while.”

 

They bowed back to her politely. Then Daesung spoke up again. “Ae Ra-ssi, can we talk? There are still some time left before the wedding starts.”

 

Seeing her tentativeness, Seunghyun also spoke up with his signature deep voice. “We wanted to talk to you last week, but you kept avoiding us.”

 

“Just 10 minutes.” Youngbae tried.

 

“Of course.” She agreed quietly and led them to another suit in the hotel.

 

Once all settled on the sofa, she looked at them uncomfortably. “So…” She cleared . “What do you guys wanna talk with me?”

 

“How are you?” Daesung asked sincerely.

 

Ae Ra smiled. He was always the one who made her feel most comfortable around. “I’m good. You guys?”

 

“We’re ok.” He smiled back at her. “We always wanna see you again to talk about 3 years ago.”

 

“Why?” She asked confusedly. “Is there anything needs to talk about?”

 

“We are sorry.” Seunghyun spoke up. “We should have treated you better. Plus, you’re Nara’s sister.”

 

“Did Seungri tell you guys to do this?” She narrowed her eyes at them. “Or is this because of Nara?” She sighed. “Those two, I told them not to bring the past up.”

 

“No!” Youngbae quickly stepped in. “It’s not…”

 

“Look, how can I move on if you guys just keep bringing this up again and again?” She cut all them off. “Please, you guys, Seungri, no one ever did anything wrong to me. I just don’t wanna think about that time anymore. Now my sister is going to marry Seungri, it’s the best if we just pretend that nothing happened 3 years ago, can we?”

 

“Ok.” They all agreed after a moment of being silence.

 

“I’ll leave here after they come back from their honeymoon anyway, so, let’s just move on.” She mumbled and checked the time. “It’s about the time, shall we go?”

 

“You gonna leave here?” Youngbae asked once they were out of the suit.

 

“Yeah, I need to go back to watch our business in London, my cousin is calling me.” She explained.

 

“Oh, there you are. I was looking for you guys.” A voice spoke loudly from afar.

 

They all looked up to see Jiyong standing there, his arm was locked with Hye Young’s. He wore a black tailored suit, just like Youngbae and Seunghyun, while Dae’s was grey.

 

“I gotta go and check Nara.” She mumbled to no one special, quickly turned away and left before any of them could stop her.

 

______

 

“Who’s that girl?” Hye Young asked curiously from his side. “She seems to be close to them?”

 

“That’s Nara’s sister.” Jiyong replied absentmindedly, walking closer to where the guys were. “What was that? What did you guys meet for?” He asked them nonchalantly.

 

“Just some talk.” Seunghyun replied equally nonchalant and walked off the crowd. “Meet you guys at the table.”

 

“What talk Youngbae?” He still didn’t give up.

 

“Nothing.” Youngbae shrugged. “We better hurry, it’s about time.” He reminded them and quickly dragged Daesung away.

 

“Let’s go Jiyong.” Hye Young tugged his arms and made themselves followed the guys also.

 

Jiyong was still mad about that night. He was still mad about that Shin Ae Ra girl. He was still mad about those dreams, since he was STILL having them visited him almost every night, testing his nerves, disturbed and confused his life as hell.

 

Those dreams made him feel like he was cheating his girlfriend.

 

Actually, he did that already. Kinda.

 

Ever since that girl showed up, Jiyong was bothered. He only paid half of his attention to whatever Hye Young was whispering to his ears, while the other half he used to observe her talking with Chaerin. He was still trying to figure out why he kept dreaming about this girl.

 

Just last night, he dreamed about a breakfast with her.

 

The day before, they were walking hands in hands on the beach, watching sunset.

 

The day before before that, it was just him watching her sleeping form.

 

The day before before before that, they cuddled under a tree and making out passionately.

 

He thought he could go crazy. It was like he was living two lives at the same time.

 

“Jiyong…” Hye Young called him sweetly. “Do you wanna dance?”

 

“Okay.” He nodded absentmindedly when he saw Chaerin took that girl’s hands in hers. They seemed to engage in some emotional conversation. Was it because Nara gonna get married and she might feel lonely?

 

“Jiyong…” Hye Young whispered in his ears while they were dancing slowly yet passionately to a y song.

 

He tightened his arms around her waist. “Hmm?” Nuzzled his face closer to her neck, he hummed along the song.

 

“When will you bring me to meet your family?”

 

He stopped dancing immediately and pulled back, he thought he heard her wrong. “What?”

 

“Don’t look so surprised like that!” She pouted. “It’s been a while, I wanna meet your family. I’ll also introduce you to my family too.”

 

He sighed. He could not believe in a place like this, she still wanna talk about “official” things in their relationship.

“Not now Hye Young.” He replied quietly, trying not to show his annoyance. He lost all the excitement, ready to leave the dance floor but not before Hye Young grabbed his arms. “What?”

 

“Why are you snapping with me?” Hye Young asked back hotly. “We’re back arguing now, aren’t we? Jiyong, that was a simple request, just meeting….”

 

“God help me please.” He mumbled and walked out of the dance floor without bothering her yell at his back.

 

He went to the restroom to wash his face, trying to cool his boiling mood down. When he was back, Hye Young was nowhere to be seen anymore. Shrugging, he flopped down next to Youngbae, drinking a fresh bottle of beer in one go.

 

“Slow down.” Youngbae advised. “Did you guys fight, again?” His best friend chuckled at him. “She just grabbed her things and stormed out of the place.”

 

“Shut up.” He growled. “I don’t know why she’s so obsessed about those official things. First about publishing our relationship, now family meeting.” He groaned. “I don’t think I can stand this anymore longer.”

 

“Do you love her?” Youngbae asked. “If you do, I don’t think there is a problem for both that.” Seeing Jiyong was silent, Youngbae nudged him. “What?”

 

“We’re still at trying-to-understand-each-other stage.” He sighed. “Love? That’s something too far.”

 

“Isn’t that Shin Ae Ra?”

 

Jiyong’s eyes immediately opened. “W-what are you talking about?” He asked tentatively, scared of what Youngbae might say. Despite their closeness, Jiyong never told him, or anyone else, about those dreams of Ae Ra. He was scared and confused.

 

“Look.” Youngbae cocked his head to the side and Jiyong narrowed his eyes. “Isn’t that one of Seungri’s friends?”  He said in worry. “I saw her went there drinking alone for a while. Nara already went somewhere with Seungri, she needs someone to take her home.” Youngbae started to look around to find help, but Jiyong already stood up. “Jiyong?” He asked astoundingly.

 

Jiyong suddenly felt a fire within himself when he saw how that guy s his arm around her waist and bended down to whisper to her ears.

 

“What do you think you are doing?” He asked in a dangerous voice.

 

“What? Mind your own business.” That kid even dared to talk back to him.

 

“Go..away…” Jiyong heard her weakly said and attempted to escape.

 

Without thinking much, he grabbed her arm and yanked her forcefully, making her head collide to his chest. “She’s Seungri’s fiance’s sister you idiot!” He nearly shouted. “Don’t make me tell Seungri about this or else you’ll have to regret.” He threatened.

 

“Alright alright fine.” The guy stepped back after hearing it’s Seungri’s soon-to-be sister-in-law. “I didn’t know okay?”

 

“ off.” He glared his eyes at the guy one more time before looking down at the mess on his chest. “Ae Ra-ssi? Ae Ra-ssi?” He tried to shake her but it seemed she already went unconscious.

 

Eventually, with Youngbae’s consultant, they decided to ask for Seungri’s manager’s help since he was the one knowing where Nara lived - at that moment the two sisters were still living together. But since all of them drank some alcohol, the manager just gave them the address and told them to get a taxi.

 

“I’ll go with her.” Jiyong sighed. “Cannot leave her like that, Seungri or Nara will kill us later.” He grunted, thinking about how worked up Seungri was lately whenever it was about Shin Ae Ra. It was like the kid was trying hard make up for the tense time between them. “You go with me, Youngbae?”

 

“No.” For some reason, Youngbae looked very amused at that night. He just shrugged and smiled warmly at Jiyong. Whenever he smiled like that, Jiyong always felt worried since it meant he was up to something. “You go, Jiyong. I’m tired. I’ll head home now.”

 

After a quiet taxi ride, with some struggles to get her inside the apartment, he succeeded in putting her in the bedroom, on her bed. He was about to leave but her whisper stopped him.

 

“Jiyong…” He turned around to see she was mumbling unconsciously, or not, with eyes closed, fingers clutched tightly around her blanket. “Jiyong….” She mumbled again.

 

Narrowing his eyes, he slowly came to the small couch in the bedroom which was opposite to her bed and sat down. He needed to think.

 

This Shin Ae Ra girl got him confused as hell.

 

___

 

He saw her stirring up, so he better get over with this, the sooner the better.

 

“Is your acting over now?” He could not help but asking. Just thinking about being fooled all along, he was furious.

 

“How…” He noticed how she winced when she tried to get up, but he ignored that. “Why are you here?”

 

“Isn’t that what you plan for?” He walked slowly towards her. “Being like a defenseless drunken lone innocent girl in a bar where was full of men who might have bad intentions.” He sat down. “Making me have no other option than personally taking you home.Then what, you kept mumbling my name while being drunk? Knowing very well I am here?”

 

“Yes. You caught my attention. But what do you expect from me?” She was trying to run away from him, but he was faster. “What are you trying to do?”

 

“I’m sorry.” Her voice was shaken, and he honestly didn’t know what to think anymore.

 

“Why do you keep appearing in my dreams?” Hovering above her, he honestly wanna find the answer. “I don’t understand… Why?” He was confused enough. He was tortured enough. This was crazy. Those dreams. “I don’t understand it at all…” He stared deeply to that black eyes which started to tear up already. “I dreamed about you more than anyone I ever dreamed about. Why? We’re just mere strangers.”

 

He felt her hand reaching up and slowly caressed his face. “J-j-jiyong…I….I’ve missed you so much.”

 

For a moment, he allowed himself to lean on that featherly touch. But then, quickly as it was, all those things he read from those articles suddenly seemed to be legit more than ever.  “So what they said were true.” He said sharply. “3 years ago. You refused to leave because you wanted me.” She tried to shrugged him off but he pinned her even stronger down to her bed. “What? Don’t play innocent anymore, there are just two of us here now.”

 

He didn’t know what gotten into him, but the more she wanna push him off her, the more he wanna stay close to her. “What? Isn’t this what you want?” With some unknown urge inside, he did something he didn’t think he would ever do.

 

He kissed her.

 

But the moment their lips crashed, a wave of images, no, memories, suddenly rushed through his head, making him widened his eyes immediately.

 

He saw himself in various kisses in which he was the one who initiated with her. He saw himself smiling lovingly at her, saying “I love you” from time to time to her.

 

“W-what...was that…” He gasped. But before he could try to fathom what just happened, she already slapped him hard on the face.

 

“Please welcome Mr. & Mrs. Lee. You may kiss the bride.” Seungri looked like he could never tear that grin off his face. He delicately lifted the veil off Nara’s face but passionately crashed his lips on her.

 

Unconsciously, and even himself didn’t know why, he glanced to the other side at the table where Shin Ae Ra was sitting. She was smiling at them, just like how a proud sister looked like. As if sensing his gaze, she turned to his direction. Their eyes met for a while until she quickly looked away.

 

“So, how’s your business in London?” Youngbae spoke up once the main ceremony finished. It was lunch time and they’re gonna have a meal while waiting for the groom and bride to change.

 

“We’re doing good.” Ae Ra replied with a polite smile. “there are many great people helping us so we’ve managed.”

 

“Is there anything for us?” Daesung also joined in the conversation. “Or it’s just for girls?” He grinned.

 

“This is confidential.” She smirked. “But maybe we will open a for-men line, who knows? Right now, yeah, it’s only for girls and women.”

 

“Excuse me, but can we stop about work here?” Jiyong said annoyingly. “It’s a wedding for heaven’s sake.” He grabbed his water and gulped it all down, ignored everyone’s shocking face and Seunghyun’s raising eyebrows.

 

“Hey…” Hye Young - who was sitting next to Jiyong - cooed and rubbed her palm up and down his arm to soothe him. “Don’t be like that. It’s Seungri’s sister now.” She said sweetly to him.

 

Everyone seemed to be in utter shock upon hearing Jiyong’s words, until Ae Ra finally spoke up calmly from her seat. “Yes, you are right. I shouldn’t have talked about work in my own sister’s wedding.” She also gulped down her glass and calmed herself, before grabbing her purse and stood up. “I...have to go.”

 

“YAH!” Youngbae nearly yelled after Ae Ra left. “Why are you so rude? I was the one bringing the issue up!”

 

“Whatever…” He mumbled quietly and started doting on his meal. He winced when he felt someone kicked him under the table. Looking up, he saw Seunghyun’s glare, in which he returned with rolling eyes. Daesung sighed loudly, while Youngbae threw another disapproving look at him.

 

“Aish look at what you did oppa.” Hana, Seungri’s sister exclaimed dramatically before standing up. “She is a nice unnie, why are you so grumpy today? I have to grab something for unnie to eat, she didn’t have anything since the morning because of this wedding.” She mumbled before quickly dashed off to follow Ae Ra.

 

He looked at Shin Ae Ra’s untouched meal with a mixed feeling. He lost his appetite now, too.





___

A/N

The wedding chapter isn't over yet! But it's too long already. Plus I need to see how you guys gonna react to decide should i continue with what happens next. 

please tell me your opinion, pretty please *puppy eyes*

i need to sleep now like immediately its 1AM omg

thank you so much for the sub&com&upvote <3 i love you guys <3

p/s: my vacation was AMAZING omg alajdkjskdjskfjskdfhdhfjdfds

Rosie