Seven

If You Were Not A Dream

The next days were like a blur.

Ae Ra tried to retrieve her phone to contact her little sister, but unfortunately, her phone was destroyed along with the car crash, and since all her belongings including personal laptop were still kept at the hotel, she could not do anything until she got out of here. The police came to find her once too, to get her words about the accident. The CCTV recorded Jiyong’s car sudden change into her lane, and because its because of a dog crossing the road unexpectedly, they decided that this was unlucky accident for both sides.

Ae Ra’s health was regained pretty well after she waking up from the coma, so according to Dr. Jung, she could be released from the hospital within the next following days. Ae Ra decided that she stayed in a place long enough, and it’s time to move.

For the past days, Ae Ra gradually got used to Jiyong’s presence by her side. Actually, the morning after their talk with Jiyong’s mom, Ae Ra didn’t see Jiyong anywhere near her. And Ae Ra wasn’t quite sure why, but she got up and asked the nurses where was Jiyong’s room. She decided to pay a visit for him, and saw his.... err.....soul standing there, in silence, watching over his body.

“Miss, you cannot go in there.” 2 big bodyguards with dangerous appearances blocked Ae Ra before she even got a hold on the door led to Jiyong’s room.

“Uhm...” Ae Ra was not sure either how to address herself. “I just...wanna visit him. I’m also a patient here...”

 

“No excuse.” One of them said sternly. “You can be a fan in disguise. We cannot risk that.”

Oh yes, she forgot how famous Jiyong was. Out of her eyes, she saw Jiyong turned his head around, recognized her appearance outside the room. He raised an eyebrow.

“It’s ok, let her go inside.” Dr. Jung appeared behind her back. “She’s the other driver in his accident.”

Ae Ra gave him a small smile. “I just...wanna visit him.” She explained.

“I understand.” Dr. Jung nodded. “Let her in.” He said once again to the bodyguards.

The men gave them a curt nod, stepped aside and let them into the room. Ae Ra cast a meaningful look to Jiyong, while Dr. Jung went over his body to examine.

“How is he, Dr.?” She spoke up, came to stand beside Dr. Jung.

“As usual, no progress, but nothing worse either. That is a bless already.” Dr. Jung said.

Ae Ra gazed down at Jiyong’s body. He looked really innocent, just like a teenage boy. His eyes were closing, and he looked so peaceful in his deep sleep.

“Dr.Jung! Ms. Park needs your assistance immediately!” A nurse came into the room in a rush, panting while speaking to Dr. Jung.

Dr. Jung left the room quickly, leaving Ae Ra standing alone in the room.

“I looked like this before too, right?” She asked out of nowhere, knowing well that Jiyong knew that she was asking him. She still had not looked up, looking down at his sleeping face intently.

“Yes.” Jiyong quietly replied. “It looks like you are in a peaceful sleep.”

“Maybe I was like you now.” Ae Ra said, looked up at him. “Maybe I also wandered everywhere until finally woke up.”

Jiyong said nothing, he came to stand by his body again.

“If there is nothing I can do, and being able to see you like this means something, at least I don’t mind if you’re sticking around me until you wake up.” Ae Ra voiced out her thoughts. “Furthermore, I promised your mom I would help you to communicate with her.”

“But I should not disturb your life....” Jiyong said unsurely, still looking at his unmoving body with a thoughtful expression.

“I’d like to keep a company too.” Ae Ra smiled. “Trust me, I know how lonely it was to be alone and having no one to talk to. So I don’t want you to be like that.”

Jiyong looked up at her.

“At least you have me here with you, don’t worry.” Ae Ra gave him another reassuring smile, her hand touched his shoulder slightly in a caress movement.

And Jiyong felt the place where she just put her hand on warmed up a bit.

“Are you bored?” Ae Ra asked Jiyong, who was as usual, sitting on the couch inside her room and watched her moving around. She was preparing to leave this hospital in a few more hours, not that it was that many to prepare anyway.

“Why do you ask so?” Jiyong asked back, his face showed no emotion.

Ae Ra shrugged. “I just think so.” She tsk-ed when putting the flowers Jiyong’s mom gave her a few days ago. “They died so quickly. I like them so much.” She looked at withering roses with a sad face.

“What will you do after this?” Jiyong asked, frowning as how sad she looked over those old roses.

“We had this talk before, didn’t we?” Ae Ra chuckled. “Try to get back into normal life I guess.” She turned to look at Jiyong. “And, you should stick with me even after I leave this hospital. I will visit your body everyday. I don’t want you to wander around alone.” She reminded him their talk a few nights ago.

“Thanks.” Jiyong muttered, looking gloomy for some unknown reason. Ae Ra decided that he might be upset seeing her leaving the hospital while his body still had to lying motionless in the other room.

“Let pay you a visit before I leave, shall we?” Ae Ra said clearly, cocking her head at Jiyong when started to stride towards his room.

_________

For some odd reason, Ae Ra always managed to visit Jiyong’s body when his room was empty, despite how frequent and many visitors he had during a day. She visited him twice per day since she woke up, and only once they mnet his mother. She was still mother & son interpreter, trying to make them feel less miserable about Jiyong’s state. MRs. Kwon was still upset over the situation, but it seemed she trusted in Ae Ra’s words and believed that they were really from Jiyong. The bodyguards didn’t stop Ae Ra anymore when she visited Jiyong. They seemed to acknowledge her as his “friend” now.

“You know,” Jiyong said quietly, breaking their silence when he and Ae Ra stood there gazing down at his body. “When I am in this state, I experience such valuable things.”

“Like?” Ae Ra turned to look at him with a frown.

“It’s hard to explain I guess. I see, feel and sense things which I would not be able to if I am a normal person.” Jiyong said thoughtfully.

“You said like you’re abnormal.” Ae Ra laughed and playfully hit him. That was her habit, hit him despite the fact that she could not touch him for real. Jiyong sensed uncomfortably at first, but it seemed Ae Ra didn’t, so he got used to it. Sometimes he even pretended to be hurt.

“Aren’t I?” Jiyong laughed too, somehow sounded bitter.

Ae Ra gave him a small smile. “Your time will come, Jiyong. Don’t worry. If God wanna let you go, he did that already.” She winked at him.

The door banged open, causing both Ae Ra and Jiyong jumped surprisingly. Ae Ra’s breath caught in when she saw a fuming Seungri coming in, his face looked so angry.

He sent a dead glare to Ae Ra. “What are you doing here?” He came over to Jiyong’s side, and Ae Ra had the feeling as if he were an obsessive nanny protecting her beloved child.

“I...I just visit him...” Ae Ra said carefully, composing herself. She took a step back from Jiyong’s bed, just to be sure. She still had not forgotten his strong grip on her shoulder that night, when he went ballistic on her.

“Who gave you that right?” Seungri scoffed, turning to look at Jiyong’s body. “You are not allowed to set a feet here.”

Ae Ra heard Jiyong took a deep breath, calming himself down.He knew what maknae behaved right now was wrong, yet he could not do anything about that, even cursed him. He let out a frustrated groan.

Ae Ra did not meet any BIGBANG member again since that night when Seungri stormed in her room and out his anger on her. She understood why he acting so, yet she could not help but feeling...intimidated by the guy now.

“Seungri-ssi....” She started tentatively. “I think we have a misunderstanding here.” She said slowly, testing Seungri’s reaction. “There is no reason for you to.... we have no reason to be on a bad term.”

“Really?” Seungri snarled. “How could you think so? That easy?” Seungri laughed, but his eyes showed no amusement but hatred. “You don’t think you standing here in front of us is an unacceptable thing?”

“Why?” Ae Ra raised an eyebrow. Well technically she understood what he meant, but....

“Because Jiyong hyung is lying here!” He suddenly shouted, pointed at Jiyong’s body. Tears started welled up in his eyes. “He’s here, unconscious, while you are standing, walking, talking, eating, breathing, laughing, moving. That is unfair!”

“If you really think for him, you would not shout like that.” Ae Ra commented, wrapping arms around herself. “And you should not think like that, it’s unhealthy for you.”

“WHAT?” Seungri shot her an incredulous look. “Now you’re lecturing me?”

Ae Ra heard a low chuckle from her side, of Jiyong she guessed. But she ignored him.

“I understand your feeling, but you’re being like this to me is what unfair here. I am sorry for Jiyong, and I hope he will wake up soon, but I did nothing to deserve your shouts like this.” Ae Ra reason again.

“She’s right.” A voice came from the door, and they all turned to see their new visitors. Youngbae and Daesung appeared , also Seunghyun followed right behind. Daesung seemed to be the one speaking up, since he spoke again. “You still haven’t apologized for last time, maknae.”

“Why I need to?” Seungri retorted and strode to sit on the couch, folding his arms.

“Now you don’t even greet your hyungs properly?” A deep voice said, annoyingly.

Ae Ra glanced at Seunghyun who just walked slowly to the room, sending Seungri his glare. “You are raised to be better than this, spoiled kid.” He said in a stern voice.

“Ah~ hyung!” Seungri sighed and whined. “Don’t bully me right now.”

“This is not bullying. This is about being polite.” Seunghyun scolded again. “Hello, Ae Ra-ssi. We’re sorry for our maknae’s behavior.” Seunghyun said to Ae Ra in a softer voice, slightly bowed at her. And surprisingly, Daesung and Youngbae followed him in suit, while maknae scoffed at them.

Ae Ra got surprised. She hastily bowed back, which caused her swaying because of dizzy. Being the nearest person, Seunghyun quickly helped her standing back straightly.

“Yah be careful, you’re still not that alright.” Jiyong said on her side, and she scowled at him.

Ae Ra distangled herself from Seunghyun’s grip while gripping her forehead. “Sorry, I suddenly feel dizzy. But it’s ok.” She referred to their apology.

“You should rest Ae Ra-ssi. You’re still healthy enough.” Daesung said in concern.

“I guess I should leave you guys alone.” Ae Ra muttered. “Sorry for troubling, I will be back later.” She turned to said with Jiyong’s body.

“Don’t bother to.” Seungri scoffed again, and Ae Ra saw Youngbae quietly walked to his direction.

“In our group,” Jiyong whispered to her. “Maknae is afraid of Youngbae most, for some reason.”

Ae Ra saw Seungri cast Youngbae a tentative look. He looked guarded.

“Apology, now.” Youngbae said in a low, stern voice. “We cannot tolerate for this rude behavior of yours. Now apology to Ae Ra-ssi.”

“Hyung....”

“Don’t make me tell your mom about this.” He threatened.

“Fine,” Seungri mumbled. He stood up, slightly bowed to Ae Ra. “Sorry.”

“Yah that is not....” Youngbae started scolding but Ae Ra stopped him.

“It’s alright. I feel uncomfortable enough.” She turned to leave. “Like I said, I will be back. Maybe we will meet again.” She bowed to them and left the room.

“I’ll walk you to your room.” Daesung offered. “i don’t wanna see you faint in the middle of the way.”

“He’s right.” Jiyong jumped in right before Ae Ra could protest. She sighed and nodded.

“Thank you.” She gave a small smile to him, which in turn Daesung smiled back warmly at her.

_______

“How are you feeling?” Daesung asked politely once they got out of the room. Jiyong walked with them, he was so quiet, intently enjoying Daesung’s

“Better.” Ae Ra replied, wrapping herself in her arms. “I will leave the place today.”

“Oh really?” Daesung sounded surprised. “What or where will you go after this?”

“Go back to normal life I guess.” Ae Ra chuckled. “It’s not that many to do though. I need to settle my life here as soon as possible. I came to Korea for business, and it was delayed for nearly two months already.” She sighed. “And I haven’t been able to contact my sister yet.”

“Ah, I heard that you were here just 5 days before the accident?”

“Yeah.” Ae Ra chuckled.

“Do you have anyone here? I mean, like friends, or relatives?” Daesung asked concernedly. “How are you gonna settle your life here being all alone?”

Daesung’s kindness touched Ae Ra. She started talking more friendly to him. “I’m gonna be fine, don’t worry Daesung-ssi.”

“Just call me Daesung.” They reached Ae Ra’s room already.

“Ok, then also Ae Ra here okay?” She winked at him and extended her hand out. “Nice to meet you. Thank you for your kindness.”

Daesung took her hand and smiled. “Me too. If you ever need help with something, just call me.” He pulled out his phone. “What’s your number?”

“Are you sure?” Ae Ra laughed. “You’re a celebrity, be careful giving out your number to strangers.” Ae Ra winked. “My phone is broken right now.”

“Then tell me your number. I will call you later. And I just give out my number for those I feel like I can be friends with them.” He assured her.

“Okay.” Ae Ra gave him her number. “Thank you.”

“Congratulation for being out of here.” Daesung done saving her number, putting the phone back in his pocket. “It’s a bless you’re awake now.”

“I know.” Ae Ra smiled. “I will visit Jiyong regularly, and pray for his comeback everyday.” She said, glancing at a thoughtful Jiyong standing beside Daesung. He looked at his brother with sadness in his eyes.

“We miss him.” Daesung said quietly, and Ae Ra saw tears swelling up in both Jiyong’s and Daesung’s eyes.

“He does, too.” Ae Ra tentatively patted Daesung’s shoulders. “You guys should be strong for him, that will be his motivation. Don’t give up on him. If I can awake after a coma, he and any other coma patient will too.”

She saw Jiyong gave Daesung a hug, and that brought a smile to her face. “Your time will come. Be patient.” She advised, smiled at both of them before retreating back to her room.

______________

A/N

Not many progress, I just want my story to have a steady plot :) Ae Ra needs time to get used to Jiyong's presence and the boys :D 

thank you so much for reading and supporting my fic <3