Sixteen

If You Were Not A Dream

 

“.” Jiyong cursed.

 

Seungri and Youngbae halted outside the door, they all wore an identical shocking expression on their face. Ae Ra was also rooted on her place, momentarily shocked by this unpredictable situation.

 

There was no way could explain her reason to be here.

 

“What the are you doing here?” Seungri’s scream could be heard to a whole Korea. “How did you get into this place?” He spat at her angrily.

 

“Ae Ra…..” Youngbae looked like he was something between angry and utterly confused too. “Why….how…..”

 

Seungri stormed into the room, and Ae Ra quickly stood up, stayed away from him as much as possible. He grabbed what on the table - Jiyong’s notebook, and his eyes instantly flamed up another fire. “Are you trying to steal his lyric book now?”

 

“What?” Ae Ra seemed to be snapped out of her shock upon hearing that accusation. “Wait, Seungri-ssi, lemme explain…”

 

“Explain? Explain what?” Seungri went in a rage, he launched forward, pushing Ae Ra against the wall. “Explain why you be a thief inside his house?”

 

Both Jiyong and Youngbae went alarmed, seeing how Seungri aggressively pinned Ae Ra onto the wall, and it’s clear that she was struggling to get out of his strong hold.

 

“Seungri…..” Youngbae’s voice was opposite to Jiyong’s, it was quiet and calm, as if he tried his best not to act the same because after all, she was still a girl. But Jiyong, he went furious and yelled loudly to the deaf ears of Seungri. “C’mon, calm down, we can….” Youngbae tried to reason but Seungri quickly cut him off.

 

“The hell I will be calm.” He growled, still not taking his glare off Ae Ra’s face. “Speak, what the are you doing here? How did you break into his house?” He tightened his strong hold on Ae Ra’s shoulders, making her wince.

 

“Yah maknae! Why are you being like this?” Jiyong tried to pry Seungri’s grip out of Ae Ra. He groaned frustratedly when he could not touch Seungri for real.

 

“I did not break into his house ok?” Ae Ra said with difficulty since Seungri’s grip hurting her. “I have the password. Beside…”

 

“No one knows the password, beside his family and me.” Youngbae cut in, Ae Ra was scared to see his eyes turned cold and somewhat looked like…..being betrayed?

 

“I know it’s hard to believe but…..” Ae Ra was about say more, but Jiyong quickly stepped in.

 

“Don’t.” He said hastily. “Whatever you’re gonna say, don’t. They will think you’re crazy and no one gonna believe you.”

 

Ae Ra cast him a wary look, momentarily lost her focus on Seungri. She was startled when Seungri shouted right to her face once again.

 

“Don’t avoid me!” His yell made her eyes shut tight. “But what?”

 

“I had permission…”

 

“Bull!” Seungri slammed his palm to the space right next to Ae Ra’s face, making her jolt up scarily. Her breath got shorter when all adrenaline went up rushing to her head.

 

But something else caught Ae Ra attention. Out of her eye corner, she quickly realized something was wrong. Jiyong’s envision started to fade.

 

Jiyong looked up at her, eyes widened. “I….I don’t feel well….Ae...Ra…..” He stammered, a fear appeared on his face. “What’s...wrong? I….” His sentence didn’t get finished when he completely disappeared.

 

Gasped in horror, Ae Ra used all her strength to push Seungri off her. She didn’t say a word, dashed out of the room in a flash, then she quickly grabbed her bag and was about to leave the house, when Youngbae’s grip pulled her back spinning around to face them once again.

 

“Where do you think you are going?” He asked coldly. “We haven’t finished….”

 

“Get the off me!” Ae Ra shouted, her eyes flared with frustration. “You can do whatever you want with me later, not now!” She tried to brush Youngbae’s grip off. “Let me go.” She said in a threatening voice.

 

“Do you think we will let you go that easily?” Seungri scoffed, came to stand next to Youngbae, crossing his arms. “I was about to call the police….”

 

“Jiyong is in danger…..” Ae Ra pleaded, her eyes started to tear up. “Please let me go, I have to go to the hospital.”

 

“What the did you do to him?” Seungri instantly shouted and was about to launch for Ae Ra again but a phone ringing sound stopped him abruptly. He fumbled to take out the phone and answered the call, still looking at Ae Ra with malice. “What’s wrong hyung?”

 

Daesung was the one who called him. He sounded panic on the other end. “Tell Youngbae hyung come here quickly. The hospital just called me saying Jiyong hyung’s condition suddenly went bad.” Daesung nearly cried. “I don’t know, I’m so scared Seungri……”

 

Ae Ra didn’t wait to be held back anymore, she took advantage when Seungri listened to the call tentatively and Youngbae momentarily got distracted to run, quickly left the house and headed to the hospital.

 

This never happened before. Jiyong never faded in front of her eyes like this. And he said he didn’t feel well. And something just told Ae Ra that Seungri’s call was about Jiyong too. Ae Ra didn’t know what was this feeling, but she knew she was scared, deadly scared, for Jiyong. That fearful look in his eyes right before he disappeared, something was not good.

 

When she was near his room, she knew what she was assuming was right. Doctors and nurses came in and out of the room in a rush, and not far from the door, she could see Choi Seunghyun, Kang Daesung, Jiyong’s manager and his family were all waiting outside the door. They all looked worried, like, really worried.

 

Ae Ra stopped before anyone could spot her. Aside Jiyong’s mother, Ae Ra’s presence was never really a welcomed thing to others. It’s better for her to stay out of their reach. She quickly pulled the hoodie to cover her head, zipped up the jacket and tried to make sure her face was difficult to recognize. She carefully made her way towards where the nurses were, asking them in a low tone.

 

“Excuse me, what happened to Jiyong?” Ae Ra chose the nurse who used to take care of her to ask. She looked up, frowned her eyes. Ae Ra revealed her face to the nurse, and she recognized her immediately. She was about to say something but Ae Ra help her fingertip to signalize for silence. “Please lower your voice.”

 

“Ms. Shin!” The nurse whispered. “Everything happened so quickly. Suddenly he had a strong convulsion, and he screamed loudly all over the hospital.” She said with a worried look. “And then he started to have difficult breath-takings, and his blood pressure went down really low. Dr. Jung is examining and trying to do something.”

 

“He screamed?” Ae Ra bit her lips worriedly.

 

“Yes. “STOP!” He just kept screaming so.” The nursed replied sadly.

 

The door opened, everyone took notice, also Ae Ra. She spun around to see Dr. Jung stepped out, a worn-out expression was visible on his face. He was immediately drowned into questions.

 

“How is he? What happened to my son?” Ae Ra heard Jiyong’s mom voice, asking desperately. She sobbed while asking Dr. Jung.

 

“Dr, is hyung ok?” Daesung asked frantically. “Is he alright?” Ae Ra saw how Seunghyun putting an arm to Daesung, trying to calm him down quietly.

 

Just then Youngbae and Seungri run towards them. “What happened? Is hyung ok?” They tried to catch their breath but asked immediately once they stopped.

 

“The danger is gone.” Dr. Jung smiled briefly. “We manage to make him stable for now. But he needs to be watch over more carefully from now.” He rubbed his eyes. “It’s weird, he always just laid there quietly. I don’t know what caused him to be like that.”

 

“Will this happen again?” Jiyong’s manager asked worriedly.

 

“We can’t know for sure. Let’s hope not.” Dr. Jung tried his best to reassure them.

 

They all took turned to visit Jiyong before leaving. Ae Ra tried her best to keep her composure and stay still on her spot, waiting for them to finish. She wanted to be the last one entered his room so that no one would know and force her to leave.

 

The door opened again, this time the BIGBANG members and Jiyong’s mom stepped out.

 

“You said Ae Ra was at his apartment?” Ae Ra heard Jiyong’s mom voice asking quietly.

 

“Yes omma.” Seungri replied. “We went there to retrieve something to bring here for hyung but then I saw someone’s shoes in the house, also a bag, and when we opened hyung’s bedroom, there she was, sitting on his desk, doing something or maybe was about to take his lyric notebook. I don’t know why or how she got in there. Then when I was asking her she just avoided my eyes but looked somewhere else instead, then she just ran saying Jiyong hyung was in danger. How did she know he was in danger I don’t know but....”

 

“I sent her.” Mrs. Kwon cut off Seungri’s angry voice, momentarily shut him up.

 

“What?” It was Youngbae who asked in a shocked voice, and Ae Ra had to use her palm to hide her gasp too. “You sent her there omma?” He said bewilderedly. “Why? Wait, since when….”

 

“That is my business, just know there was nothing to worry about she being in his apartment anymore alright?” Mrs. Kwon dismissed the boys’ shocked face with a wave. “See you all later, I have to go back to cook his favorite soup and bring it here tomorrow early morning. Take care, all of you.” She left quickly, nodded when they all bowed and said goodbye to her.

 

Ae Ra quickly and secretly followed Mrs. Kwon. She presented herself before she got into the elevator to catch up with her husband and daughter.

 

“O-o-o-omma.” Ae Ra tentatively called behind her back right before she entered the elevator.

 

Mrs. Kwon turned around and widened her eyes. “Ae Ra! i was about to call you!” She stepped back and quickly pulled Ae Ra to a hug.

 

Ae Ra sobbed when she pulled back. “We were visiting his apartment then Seungri and Youngbae appeared and suddenly he told me he didn’t feel well and he started fading away and disappeared and I was so scared…...” She said in a rush. “I don’t see him anywhere near me now, I don’t know where is he.” Ae Ra sobbed, using her hand to wipe off the tears. “This isn’t like when he purposely disappeared from my sight. I don’t know if he’s alright. ”

 

“Sssssh it’s alright.” Mrs. Kwon calmed her down by patting her back. “Dr. Jung said the danger was gone. Maybe he was resting. Or maybe he is coming back to us.” She smiled reassuringly to Ae Ra. “I already told Seungri and Youngbae that it was me who sent you to his apartment, don’t worry.”

 

“Thank...you.” Ae Ra smiled weakly. “I don’t know what to say when Seungri asked me why I was there.”

 

“Don’t think too much. He’s safe now, that’s what important.” Mrs. Kwon patted her once again. “They all leave soon, you can visit him later. I need to be back now. Take care of him, will you?”

 

“I will.” Ae Ra nodded with a small smile.

 

____

 

She watched his peaceful face produced soft breaths over his nostril, calm and quiet. Tentatively, Ae Ra brushed her fingers through his hair, absentmindedly rearranged some got out of the order. She cupped his face in her palm, touching it slightly.

 

“Where are you?” She whispered through the dark room.

 

Sitting down next to his bed on a chair, she took one of his hands and held it in hers. Unconsciously, she brought the hand to her lips, pecking it softly, eyes never left his face. A tear fell down onto her cheek went unnoticed by its owner too.

 

“Please be safe, wherever you are.”

 

___

 

Someone was calling her.

 

Ae Ra was pulled out of her unstable sleep. She had fallen asleep while sitting beside Jiyong’s bed, laying her head next to their joined hands. Groggily opened her eyes, she saw a blur light. Blinking her eyes several times to get a better view, she gasped when she saw it was he standing there, next to her side and grinning at her.

 

Bolted up  fast, she glanced at Jiyong on the bed. He was still lying there, eyes closed, hand immobiled under hers. But this Jiyong next to her side was smiling lovingly at her.

 

And he still looked as gorgeous as ever.

 

His soul was back to her.

 

“Miss me?” He asked with a wink. “Awwwww I miss…”

 

Ae Ra did something out of Jiyong’s expectation. She suddenly stood up and hugged him, and cried, hard.

She was really hugging him. It’s not like she could touch him for real, but, it was definitely that she was hugging him, arms locking tightly round his neck. If someone got to see Ae Ra right now, they might think she went crazy, hugging some space.

 

And she cried, hard.

 

“Don’t...you...dare….to fade away like that without warning again.” She sobbed. “I was so scared.”

 

There was this feeling, this emotion suddenly swelled up inside Jiyong. Millions thoughts swam in his mind. Pulling back to get a better look at Ae Ra, he felt...warm seeing Ae Ra teary face. She refused to look at him, must be because she thought she was looking like a mess.  

 

“Ae Ra….” He smiled at her, calling her for attention.

 

She looked up at him, still with that puffy eyes because of crying. “What?” She asked in a quivering voice.

 

He didn’t know how to do it in his current state, but he had to try.

 

Jiyong leaned in and kissed Ae Ra.


 

_____

A/N:

sorry for the wait :P

aish i wanna put more emotional parts in this chap but ok save that for the next one :D but with this chapter, who do you think is Ae Ra's savior? Ji or his mom? or both? ;)

i feel like this story is going a bit too slow so i think i should get into the action lol so yay! their first kiss (kinda) -__- 

and i'm afraid Jiyong cannot wake up now, maybe in few more chapters? :D

but do you guys really want him to wake up soon? /wink/

please give me your thoughts on this chap <3 reading you guys' comments gives me lots of inspiration :) 

thank you guys so much for the support <3 i hope you won't be too disappointed reading this story :)

have a good night lovelies <3