Fifteen

If You Were Not A Dream

As usual, Ae Ra slowly opened her eyes to greet the day at exactly 7, slightly squinted since she left the window opened last night, meaning the sunlight would shine through the curtain and landed directly onto her bed. But there was some shadow hovering above her head, partially blocked a part of the sunlight away.

 

“Morning beautiful.”

 

Ae Ra widened her eyes seeing Jiyong’s goofy grin in front of her face. He was looking down at her and grinned widely. Normally his soul was a glowing light already, now added the sunlight, it was like the brightest light she ever saw. She hastily pulled the blanket over to the chin, holding tightly on the edge and looking up at him with shy eyes.

 

Jiyong chuckled. “Why so shy?” He stood up straight to give her space. “It’s not like I haven’t watched you sleeping for a whole night, and for many nights already.”

 

Ae Ra blushed, but because of being embarrassed. She didn’t know how did she look while sleeping, must be very awful. She never really thought anything about that, but ever since Jiyong started…….his flirt with her recently, Ae Ra could not help but feeling super shy around him. Funny it was, the more awkwardly she showed, the more aggressive he was. He shamelessly flirted with her from times to times, being a tease until she would avoid shyly him and then he just laughed.

 

Ae Ra sighed and got up from her bed, trying to be as tidy as much she could, slouching towards the bathroom while still yawning. “I’ll be quick.” She mumbled to him.

 

“Want me to join you?” He winked. If it was before, before he said that “I would show you how is it to be in a relationship”, before Ae Ra just suddenly realized there was a healthy attractive hot y and handsome man who practically was “living” with her every day and followed her every step, she would just rolled her eyes and glared at him.

 

But now she just quickly went inside the bathroom and closed the door, breathed out a relieving sigh because she knew he wouldn’t follow her to this place, even though actually he could, since he could go through walls.

 

“Don’t you have anything else to do than flirting with me?” She murmured to herself while hearing Jiyong’s rich laugh through the wall.

 

Ae Ra guessed rumors about Jiyong was a pro in dating might be true then. It was like he was awake to be a master of what he’s the best at. After running from him after hearing him saying he would show her how did it feel to be in a relationship, Ae Ra found herself easily and frequently blushed and shy and embarrassed and awkward whenever she was near to Jiyong. He, on the other hand, just smiled warmly, sweetly, gave this hint to that hint, being a smooth talker, being a caring person (sometimes it was kinda over-reacted to be honest). Ae Ra just thanked God that at least now he still could not touch her for real, yet.

 

“Aishhhhhh.” Jiyong whined one day, when he was sitting docilely across from Ae Ra, holding his chin in hands and watched Ae Ra having her dinner. “If only I could touch you for real.” He said in such a dramatically dismay voice.

 

Ae Ra coughed loudly, swallowed the food in hard. “What…...for?” She tried to speak through the cough.

 

“Relationship is no meaning…” He smirked at her. “....if there is no skinship.”

 

She avoided him for the rest of the meal, even though they still talked about nonsense things like how ridiculous it was for people to notice to the way Ae Ra dressed now.

 

Ae Ra was not sure, but until now, even though what Jiyong “showed” her was just limited in sweet-to-nothing and smooth talkings, or suggestive glances and sometimes acting a bit over protecting over silly things like, “you should not let the sun damage your pearl skin” or “I’ll watch over you while you’re sleeping, precious princess”, Ae Ra thought whoever used to be Jiyong’s girlfriends must be lucky ones. It’s just….he knew how to take care of women, especially his girls. And his serious thoughts about being in a relationship, they were very mature and ideal.

 

“I would prepare a napkin in advance if I notice the girl was nearly done with her meal. Or I would cut the steak for her, take out the onion if I knew she didn’t like it, requested they put extra whipped cream to her frappe because I knew she loved that, and opened the umbrella for her when we were about to leave the place if it was a rainy or sunny day.”

 

“I’ll try to talk to her at least 4-5 times a week, even daily and nightly if I could. I’ll try to make sure I knew every single detail about her daily life as long as she let me to, and made sure she would know about mine as well. I’ll try to be opened to her as much as I could, since I think if two people are in a romantic and serious relationship, they should be honest and open to each other as much as they could. Of course there should be personal space, but just limit it in some way.”

 

“I would try to get to know her family and friends as much as I could. I would try to go fishing with her father if I had to. I would try to buy clothes for her mother and sat in the kitchen, talking while watching and maybe helping a little bit with cooking. I would try to go to play tennis with her brother if that was what I should do. I would try to be caring oppa to her little sister, or a good dongsaeng to her elder unnie. I would go drinking with her friends too. And of course, I would demand the same effort from her. Being in a relationship is about two sides giving efforts in everything they do together, and about getting approval and support from people we love.”

 

“But most importantly, I would treasure with all my heart. I would make sure for her to know that she was the only one my heart and mind belongs to. I would make her to realize my ultimate love was for her, and I wish to be forever with her if I could. I don’t make promise, but I’ll try my best to make her happy whenever I still could, even if that meant my last breathe. She must know that she was the most important thing to my life, the brightest star of my sky, the hope of my living. She was...my everything.”

 

He said those meaning and flowery things to her here and there, in those long nights she could not sleep yet, being all honest and true about his thoughts. She wanna ask then what happened to his past relationships, but she guessed it’s too rude and violated to his privacy, so she just laid there and listened to him, and fell into sleep while wishing one day there would be someone loving her like that.

 

----

 

“This one?” Ae Ra asked and Jiyong nodded. He told her the number and she punched it in, the metal door clicked opened .

 

“How many people knew your passcode?” She asked while stepping in further to his apartment. Everything was in place. There was no trace of a room being deserted for nearly 6 months because its owner was being in a deep coma. “It looks like being taken care of even though you haven’t lived in here for several months already.”

 

“My mom and noona knows the passcode, maybe my father too.” He shrugged, stepped ahead to lead her in. “Youngbae also knows. But the other members don’t, since Youngbae doesn’t tell, and the others know well enough to not invade my privacy.” He sat down on something like a couch and crossed his legs, smiling. “Welcome to my apartment.”

 

“Do you want me to open the curtain?” She asked, went around to explore the luxury and modern living room. So this was what a place a super star might live at. “To let the sunlight and fresh air and all come in, you know.”

 

“No need.” He chuckled. “You don’t want people to question while the curtain opened yet no one lived here?”

 

“Right.” Ae Ra laughed at her own silliness. “Sorry, been distracted.” She peeked to the next area. “Can I visit the kitchen?”

 

“Help yourself.” Jiyong shrugged. “It was untouched most of the time anyway. Only when mom visited she would cook me something in the kitchen. “He smiled remembering the memories. “Speaking of that, please pay a visit to mom later, I miss her.”

 

“Sure.” Ae Ra smiled. Jiyong seemed to miss his mom frequently. He didn’t really take time to be with her before, and now he regretted that a lot, he told her so.

 

“But first, I need you to help me with this.” He stood up. “Let’s go to my bedroom.”

 

Technically, Ae Ra knew Jiyong could not touch her for real right now. But, it was like girls’ automatical sense, she tensed hearing him saying the word “bedroom”.

 

“Yah!” Jiyong laughed, seeing how Ae Ra stood still in her spot while casting a wary look at him. “You look very funny, don’t you know?” He chuckled. “If I am in my normal self, yeah, you should be worried, but I cannot even touch a centimetre of your skin now.” He grunted. “Now who is the ert?”

 

“I don’t….” She said awkwardly and Jiyong just rolled his eyes.

 

“That one.” He cocked his head to the room on the left. “Open it and turn on the lights. It’s on the right side.”

 

Timidly, Ae Ra followed Jiyong’s steps inside his most private place - as Jiyong’s words - his bedroom. If the living room gave out an overwhelming feeling of luxury and modern, this room was full of warm and coziness and comfort. Ae Ra could feel all those things just by the smell, a very unique smell.

 

“I see that you like my bedroom.” He said in an amusing tone, smirking at her while comfortably sat down on his bed. “Me too. This is where I love most.” He laid down flatly, sighing in content.

 

“You soon will meet him again.” Ae Ra smiled, coming closer and sat on the desk nearby.

 

“Are you referring my bedroom as a person now?” Jiyong opened his eyes and raised the bows at her.

 

“No, as a friend.” Ae Ra grinned.

 

“You’re such a weird cuter.” He laughed, holding onto his stomach for support.

 

There he was, teasing her again. Noticed her shyness, he chuckled. “When will you stop being so shy? You weren’t like this before.”

 

“When you stop teasing me.” She rolled her eyes. “What do you need me to do for you?” She asked, tried to change the awkward topic.

 

“See the notebook on top at the left?” He got up and came to stand beside her. “Open it.” He said once he saw she took it out the pile.

 

She carefully flipped through the pages. It looked like a….music book to her? She didn’t know much about music except listening to it. There were words here and there which looked like lyrics and some music sheets?

“What do you want me to do with this?” She asked without taking her eyes off the page. “It looks like your personal notebook for work?”

 

“I had this song stuck in my mind for a long time but cannot write it out.” He said right behind her back. “Help me with that, please.”

 

“What?” She turned her head back, and startled to see how close he was to her. Turning away immediately, she asked confusedly. “I don’t know how to….”

 

“I’ll instruct, don’t worry.” He moved to stand side by side her, smiling at her. “C’mon, took that pencil and start composing this song, shall we?”

 

----

 

“You have the potential.” Jiyong commented, seeing how smoothly Ae Ra draw the music sheet and all. “Have you ever tried composing?”

 

“No.” Ae Ra laughed, trying to fix some last spot. The song, whatever it was, was nearly done. “Don’t be funny, I knew nothing about music as a professional. I’m just a listener.” She held the notebook out. “Done.”

 

“Good job, composer Shin.” He winked, and Ae Ra just shook her head.

 

“How does it sound?” She asked curiously. “The lyric is beautiful, by the way.” She complimented.

 

“Wanna hear me singing it?” He suggested, sitting down the bed once again and leisurely crossed his legs. “It’s not easy to hear G-Dragon singing live, miss.” He smirked.

 

“Ok.” Ae Ra replied enthusiastically. “Let’s listen to it...live.”

 

Chuckling, Jiyong cleared his throat and started to sing.

 

The song was about a man who was wandering through memories, then got lost in a strange place. Things happened made him momentarily forgot about his current problems, and he was drowned into the pool of new emotions and feelings provided by the newfound land. But he was started wondering if he was just dreaming since he refused to face the reality. Jiyong’s beautiful lyrics and emotional voice got Ae Ra mesmerized and entirely focused to him.

 

If you were just a dream, then I don’t wanna wake up anytime soon

 

And if you were not a dream….

 

The song ended with a hanging line like that. She was confused when we helped him write it down on the paper, and now she was even more confused listening to him singing it. His soothing voice became more and more emotional to the end, and when it’s really the end, there was a….hesitation, a confuse, a….plea in his voice. It was like he was asking for not to be waken up from whatever dream he might have.

 

“It sounds….sad.” Ae Ra commented once he finished.

 

“I know.” He just gave her a small smile. “I’m not sure, but depends on things, maybe it will need some fix before becoming a completed song.” He shrugged.

 

They fell into silence for like several minutes. Ae Ra didn’t know what to say next, and Jiyong seemed to lose his somewhere. But they were pulled back to reality when something happened.

 

Someone opened the door.

 

Seungri and Youngbae’s face looked as shocked as Ae Ra was.


 

___________

A/N

OMG I FINALLY UPDATED IT OMG aljdksjkasdjfdksjfdsk

lol even I myself feel relieved >.< 

Uhm I am really sorry for this late update, but everytime i opened what I wrote, I felt something off, so i put it back -__- this is the 4th draft you know :D i wrote 3 different Chapter 15, but until the 4th one I could continue as a completed chapter -__- but the first paragraphs, i think they're a bit lame >.< i only satisfied with the last part, when Ji asked her to help him write the song :D and also the part Ri and Bae came in hehe

we nearly come to the fluff parts, almost there, please hang in a little bit more :D need some leverage for them to stop avoiding the feelings lmao 

but, really, how is this chapter T___T i am trying to make this story unique about ideas as much as possible, even tho i know my writing is sob 

and srl, Ji, 1000SGD to take a picture & have a private meet with you? -___- 

and uhm, this is random but i just found out that Shin Ae Ra actually exists O__O i mean the name O__O i TOTALLY forgot about the real Shin Ae Ra O___O She is Cha In Pyo's wife :D i mean, i was surprised because i thought so hard to came up with a name for the female lead in this story, it took me days to decide to take Ae Ra as the name, and one more day to choose between Kim-Park-Lee-Song and other Korean surnames :D haha idkw but i found this amusing lol 

and, if you dn't mind another typical Jiyong x OC fic, please take a look at Shelter - my 2nd child :D 

Until next chapter then ~

Goodnight lovelies <3 /yawn/ PLEASE COMMENT i need to know how bad it is :D And thank you sooooooooooo much for the sub & previous comments <3

Rosie.