Nineteen

If You Were Not A Dream

A/N:

Because you guys are awesome ♥

Because the previous chapter is too short, and too crappy, in my opinion, yet you guys are so lovely with those sweet comments ♥ I think the previous chapter is the one I got the most and most amazing comments up to now ♥♥♥

Because I suddenly have so many ideas for the upcoming events for this story

Because I have a free Sunday today, which I didn't for a VERY long time -___-

So, here is another update, double update within less than a week, 1 day to be exact, can I get rewarded with many comments too? please??? /puppy eyes/

*i need to run away first though*

 

___

Dr. Jung nearly had a heart attack when a nurse run into his office and informed him that Jiyong had waken up. It was like magic, all the hospital was shaken up by this news. He instructed the nurse to inform for his family before going to check Jiyong’s health.

 

Surprisingly, when Dr. Jung got to his room, he already sat up and looked out the window. He thought, to a patient who was in coma for 11 months, he would not have any strength to even lift himself up.

 

“Hello Jiyong.” Dr. Jung asked Jiyong gently, noticed how he had spaced out.  

 

Jiyong slowly turned back and slightly bowed his head when he acknowledged his doctor’s presence.

 

“No need to do that here.” Dr. Jung quickly brushed off the formal gesture. “How are you feeling?”

 

“Odd.” Jiyong’s voice was hoarse, which was understandable for someone who didn’t speak for a long time. Dr. Jung motioned for a nurse to give him some water. “How long have I been here, sir?” Jiyong asked, still with difficulty but with better effort, handing the water back for his nurse.

 

“We can talk later.” Dr. Jung answered, didn’t want Jiyong to ponder about what he had missed for the past 11 months. “Right now I need to do some check-ups for you first. Can you handle that?”

 

“I feel like it’s been forever since the last time I actually functioned anything.” Jiyong mumbled and was about to leave the bed, which Dr. Jung hastily stopped him. “I just wanna use the bathroom.” Jiyong smiled faintly.

 

“Alright, be careful then. Do you need help?” Dr. Jung released his arms.

 

“No, I think I can manage.” Jiyong slowly shook his head. “Thank you.” He grimaced when he fully stood up and gradually took careful steps towards the bathroom.

 

Dr. Jung was amazed with Jiyong’s condition. He looked better than he expected. Feeling relieved, he told the nurse to prepare for some necessary tests.

 

Once he was alone in the bathroom, Jiyong slowly looked up and the mirror. He slightly frowned at his own reflection. He looked exactly the same as how he remembered, but at the same time, he looked like an entirely different person. His cheeks got thinner, and somehow his eyes hollowed more. It was like he didn’t see himself in a very long time.

 

How long have I been unconscious?

 

“Jiyong!” Mrs. Kwon’s voice could be heard clearly from outside, which brought a smile to Jiyong’s face instantly. “Where’s my Jiyong? I heard he’s awake? Where’s my boy?”

 

Jiyong slowly turned the knob to step out of the bathroom, and the room went silent. It was like everyone stopped breathing when they saw Jiyong standing there, awake, alive and real.

 

“Hi omma.” Jiyong smiled, allowed to be engulfed into his mom’s nearly unbearable embrace, allowed for her tears to fell on his shoulders, her hands squeezed him tightly, her breaths warmed him up. He hugged his mom back as tightly, and soon he felt his dad’s embrace enveloped them, muttering thankful prayers to God, along with his noona’s sniffs, she also entangled somewhere on his left.

 

Jiyong never felt missing his family that much.

 

___

 

Nara frowned when she saw a visible crowd when she just walked out of the glass doors of Gimpo airport. Curiosity took the best. she slowly strode towards the crowd. Someone was sitting on the floor, head on her knees. People whispered loudly around the weird girl, but no one approached her .

 

“What happened?” Nara asked someone nearby.

 

“She just talked to herself, then she cried, reached out for something, or someone. Then suddenly she collapsed on the floor, and sitting like that. It has been 15 minutes.” The couple whispered back to her. “I think she has a mental problem.”

 

“But look at her clothes, those expensive suit!” The boyfriend argued back. “Maybe she is some hidden daughter of some sajangnim who having an illness?”

 

Nara rolled her eyes. People’s gossips were always amazing. Shrugging, she went into the middle of the crowd, crouched down to the girl and spoke softly. “Miss, are you alright?”

 

The girl instantly snapped up her head upon hearing Nara’s voice, and Nara’s eyes went widened seeing that it’s her beloved sister’s red eyes which were staring back at her.

 

“Unnie?” She went panicked. “What's wrong? Why are you crying?”

 

“N-nara?” Ae Ra hiccupped. “Y-you’re here? When did you get out?” She tried to calm herself and wiped the tears away. “Sorry, unnie missed it.” Ae Ra tried to get up with Nara worriedly assisted her.

 

They slowly moved off the crowd with Ae Ra was still trying to quiet her sobs. She need to recollect herself first, Nara was here. Her sister was a worry freak whenever it was about Ae Ra.

 

“Unnie, what’s wrong?” Nara held her arm tightly while Ae Ra just smiled briefly and loading her sister’s luggages to her car. “Unnie!” She whined when Ae Ra still refused to say a word.

 

“I missed you.” Ae Ra hugged her sister, squeezed the little girl in her embrace as much as she could. “Unnie just missed you so much.” She said quietly while closing her eyes, thank God that at least she could hug someone right now. She could not bear the empty feeling when Jiyong disappeared again in front of her eyes. This time, she knew he disappeared out of her life for real, completely.

 

___

 

“I have been here for 11 months?” Jiyong gasped, listening to Youngbae’s update for the time he wasn’t here. “You said…..I was unconscious for….for 11 months?”

 

“Yeah.” Youngbae chuckled. “You scared us a lot, you know?” His best friend pulled a chair and sat down next to his bed. When Youngbae got a call from Dami noona, half crying half wailing that Jiyong was awake, he thought he was dreaming. He left his MV shooting in an abrupt and went here immediately. He thought he could burst out crying for real when he saw Jiyong sat there, on his bed, grinning widely at him and “hey buddy” to him.

 

“Why?” Jiyong asked blankly, clearly confused to his coma.

 

“I don’t know.” Youngbae shrugged. “No one does. You just refused to wake up.” He fixed some of the wrinkles on the blanket. “Sometimes you had this and that convulsion, but that was all. Except you started to get better 2 months ago. I mean, like, you responded and signed us that you acknowledged your presence.”

 

“What do you mean by me responding?”

 

“Your heartbeat got faster, and sometimes you moved your fingers a bit.” Youngbae smiled, remembered those joyful moments when they saw Jiyong’s body responded to them.

 

“HYUNG!” That loud voice could be heard from afar, and not long after, his door was bang opened, Seungri leaped into the room and nearly crashed himself to Jiyong. “HYUNG! YOU’RE BACK!” The kid cried instantly, hot tears streamed down wetting the blanket wrapping around Jiyong. “I thought…..” He croaked.

 

“Easy there, kid.” Jiyong smiled, patting Seungri’s back affectionately. “Hyung is still weak.”

 

“Jiyong hyung!” Jiyong soon found himself being enveloped by another hug arms which belonged to Daesung, leaving him hard to breathe. “We miss you so much.” Strange, Daesung was never such an emotional person, except that time when he himself involved in that accident.

“Alright alright.” Jiyong chuckled. “I know you guys missed me. Now lemme breathe.”

 

“You have no idea.” A deep voice replied him huskily. Looking up, he met Seunghyun’s eyes, who was standing there, hands dipped in his pockets. He never saw his hyung that emotional in his life. And, man, the charisma Choi Seunghyun had some tears in his eyes as well.

 

“Alright, group hug then.” Jiyong opened his arms widely, glanced back at Youngbae. Soon, 5 grown men entangled themselves in each other’s arms, silently thanked God for having them back together once again.

 

___

 

“Wait, how about the other driver in the accident?” Jiyong suddenly noticed that he missed something important in the catching up conversation he was having with s.

 

Jiyong frowned inwardly when he noticed how tense the room suddenly went. , that driver didn’t….die, right? “Is he...alive?” He asked tentatively.

 

“Of course.” Daesung spoke up instantly. And Jiyong didn’t know why, it was like he saw the old Daesung again, the Daesung when he just went through that fatal accident of his. “She was also in a coma like you, but that was just for one month. She then woke up and alright now, I think.”

 

“She?” Jiyong questioned back.

 

“Yeah, it’s a girl.” Youngbae replied, and Jiyong just remembered the imaged of her - the other driver - with her head on the wheel while she was bleeding - the last image he saw before he went in unconscious for months. “The police decided that it was mutual fault, so they didn’t make you or her do anything. You both were in coma at the time they investigated your accident anyway. It was a really serious accident.”

 

“It’s my fault.” Jiyong remembered back to that day. “It was me who turned the wheel and got into the opposite lane, her lane. It was my car crashing into hers.”

 

“Hyung, it was over.” Seungri said, a little bit annoyed by Jiyong’s confession. “All are in the past now, don’t talk about it anymore.”

 

“You just don’t like it whenever she is mentioned.” Seunghyun spoke up equally annoying.

 

“Why?” This got Jiyong’s attention. It was hard for Seungri to dislike a girl, at least that was what Jiyong remembered. Maybe one year had changed the kid?

 

“Even though she is alright now, she still visits this hospital frequently.” Youngbae explained. “Daily to be exactly. She visits you.”

 

“Really?” Jiyong looked back at the door, as if expected to have someone come in any minutes. “Why? Because she feels guilty?”

 

“We don’t know.” Daesung shook his head. “She just said that she had to do so.”

 

“She just wanted to get attention.” Seungri mumbled quietly, but Seunghyun heard, and he smacked his head slightly.

 

“Told you many times, be respectful.” Their big hyung grumbled.

 

Seungri didn’t bother to be annoyed by Seunghyun’s violence. He got used to it, and he would keep his opinion. “Be careful hyung, she gonna meet you soon, stay aware of what she gonna say.” He said to Jiyong, ignored Daesung’s and Seunghyun’s frown. Youngbae showed no reaction to that warning.

 

“She is a nice girl, don’t talk nonsense things about her like that.” Mrs. Kwon’s voice said sternly from the doorway, and the 4 men stood up to bow at her. “I don’t know what made you hate her. If you hate her because she kept appearing next to Jiyong, she has her reason. Don’t jump to conclusion when you knew nothing, young man.” She said to Seungri, and the kid just bowed his head, nodded silently.

 

“You know her too, mom?” Jiyong asked. He was confused to everything right now.

 

Mrs. Kwon turned to look at her son. Observing him closely, she sighed. “Yeah, I met her several times before.”

 

It seemed Jiyong really didn’t know anything about Shin Ae Ra. Nothing. At all.

 

___

 

Ae Ra quietly sneaked into the dark room. She waited until the night came, when the hospital was less hectic, when she finished settling for Nara to be comfortable in her apartment to come here. The news about the G-Dragon had waken up from his 11-month coma spread like wildfire among Seoul in mere just less than 12 hours, and tons of people - fans, friends, reporters and all, gathered around the hospital to visit him.

 

Ae Ra got a text from Daesung a while ago, “Jiyong hyung is awake!”, confirmed her suspicion. After convincing Nara that she had things to do, Ae Ra hailed a cab and went here. Regardless the outcome, she still wanna meet him again. No, she wanna meet him for real for the first time.

 

The security guys let her in when they noticed that it was Ae Ra, not some crazy fans who kept annoying them today to no end. Smiling briefly, Ae Ra thanked them for letting her in. Maybe this would be the last they saw her.

 

Jiyong  was sleeping peacefully. It was like nothing had changed, Jiyong’s body was still there, eye-closing, unmoving. But, under the dim light of the room, she could see the difference. There was pink on his skin, and his hair looked tidier. He looked more...alive.

 

“I’m sorry.” She whispered, tentatively reached out to touch his cheek slightly. She moved her fingertips on his smooth skin. “I was selfish for not wanting you to wake up.” Ae Ra didn’t realize her tears dropped down onto his patient gown. “I’m really sorry.”

 

Lifting his hand up to her face, she gently kissed his palm. “Live well, alright? You’re very strong to endure it until today. Things will be better now.” She wiped her tears and put his hand back to the side. She looked at him again before turning her back to leave.

 

She was about to turn the doorknob, until a hoarse voice spoke up.

 

“Who’s that?”

 

Jiyong’s voice in real life was even deeper than the one Ae Ra was used with. She got stunned on her heels, slowly turned around. He was trying to sit up right, and then he turned to look at her, for the first time, in physical.

 

It was unclear to him, but somehow, Jiyong managed to vaguely make out a figure standing at his door through his narrowing eyes.

 

“Hi.” The tentative voice greeted him back sounded….familiar? “Are you...alright?”

 

“I’m fine, thanks.” Jiyong replied carefully. “If you come to visit me, why don’t turn on the lights?”

 

“You were sleeping…..”

 

“It’s okay.” Jiyong assured her. “I think I slept enough already.” He said darkly.

 

Lights filled in the room, and Jiyong’s eyes slowly adjusted to the sudden brightness. Slowly, Jiyong took a good look at his visitor.

 

Ae Ra nervously held Jiyong’s intense gaze to her. She looked back at him, wondering if any magic would happen again.

 

“I’m sorry but….do I know you?”

 

She had prepared for this, but when reality hit her, she still felt suffocative. Taking a deep breathe, she replied him calmly. “I am the other driver in your accident.”

 

“Oh…..” Realization dawned on him. “I’ve heard about you.” That might explain the familiarity. Maybe he heard her voice when he was unconscious?

 

Ae Ra slightly frowned. Heard? What did he hear about her then? “I came to see how are you. Congratulation. Now I don’t think I have any other reason to come here anymore.” Ae Ra forced out a stiff smile.

 

“I’m getting better.” Jiyong said. “Hey, I’m sorry.” He said quickly when he saw she was about to leave again.

 

“For?”

 

“The accident. I know it was my fault.”

 

“It’s in the past, I don’t remember it anymore.” Ae Ra dismissed his apology. “Please get well soon.” She said sincerely to him. “I have to leave, it’s late.” She bowed to him properly as how strangers supposed to act. “It’s nice to finally meet you anyway, Jiyong-ssi.”

 

She turned off the light, leaving Jiyong in the dark again. He sat there  in silence for minutes, until he realized that he still didn’t know what was her name.

 

 

 


 

____

 

[Teaser]

 

“This will be the last time you see me, I promise, Seungri-ssi.”

 

……..

 

“S-S-Shin Ae Ra?”

 

“I guess you have to call me noona for real this time then, kid. Sit.”

 

 

 

A/N:

Don't hate me T_____________T You guys somehow predicted this right? :D But I'm willingly to get bricks though. Jiyong MUST forget about Ae Ra, because, if he didn't, the story will have nothing exciting to continue ;) also it's more reasonable and realistic hehe Awwwwww i love angst stories you know :D 

But please, even though you guys hate me, can I still get some comments? :( 

I actually wanna write more :D (i told you, I'm in the mood for this story hehe), but suddenly I feel the need to re-read what I wrote, and realized that I left out some important details on the previous chapters. I will need sometimes to edit the upcoming chapter, but I'll try to update soon ♥ (but re-reading this story, I realize how much i like this story :D i mean, the idea, it is....inspiring :D I can think of many scenarios for this story :D (but most of them are angst LMAO)

I cannot express enough how happy I am with you guys' comments for the previous chapter. All are so sweet and thoughtful, and helpful, and I just feel so...thankful ;____; thank you so much ;_____; now I understand thoroughly why readers' comments are vital to author *sob* thank you, you guys gave me inspiration and motivation to continue writing.

Ahhhh i should shut up now. i just feel so excited. Hope that I can have time to write more next week, 

To my lovely readers, i love you guys ~♥

Rosie.