Chapter Five

When the Butterflies Came

 "Annyeonghasaeyo, Dr.Jang."After Soojung quickly denied Sulli's offer, she went straight to the hospital.

"Annyeonghasaeyo, Ms.Jung.I called you here today to for a x-ray test."Dr.Jang said.

 "If it's serious?"Soojung asked.

"We'll see."Dr.Jang said as he told the nurse to take Soojung change her clothes.

 After the x-ray test,Dr.Jang went to talk to Soojung."As you can see here, the problem is very serious.So serious that you would have to go for treatment somewhere else."

"When am I supposed to take the treatment?"Soojung asked.

 "As soon as possible.I'll send you a page of places you can go get your treatment."Dr.Jang said as he dismissed Soojung.


 As Soojung was walking home, she spotted Minho and Sulli talking and laughing like a real couple."He was never like that when he was with me.I guess they're together now.It wouldn't matter if I go or not.I should tried to make it the best for me.I'm going to go,get treatment, and come back as a new person."Soojung told herself.

 When Soojung got home, she started packing her stuff and starting looking for her saved money. She then remembered to call Dr.Jang."Dr.Jang, I have decided to go get treatment.I've found the place and I'll be leaving in the next 2 days.Please please don't tell anyone.I beg you. And also gomawo."Soojung hanged up and took her pills before going to bed.


"Annyeong Soojung!"Sulli greeted Soojung when she arrived at school.

 "Annyeong.Looks like something good happened last night."Soojung said as she tried to act normal.

"You know me to well.Oppa and I are dating!"Sulli squealed.

 "Oppa?Who?"Soojung asked even though she already know who it was.

"Minho-sunbaenim...I hope you aren't mad at me.You just broke up with him and now I'm dating him."Sulli said.

 "Gwenchana.He was just using me.It was nothing serious.He truly love you not me.I understand.Now, will you excuse me.I have to go to the office."Soojung said as she could no longer hold the tears.

"Sulli-ah, where is Soojung going?"Minho asked as he approached Sulli, seeing Soojung run the opposite direction.

 "She's going to the office.Don't you think there's something weird about her lately?"Sulli asked.Minho nodded."Let's call Jonghyun-sunbaenim and talk about it later during lunch period."Sulli then left for her class.It seems like she's trying to ignore me.Minho thought.


  "What are you eating Soojung?Why aren't you eating any meat?You love meat."Jonghyun said as he saw Soojung's salad.

"Urm...I'm on a diet."Soojung replied.Soojung kept eating her salad as she tried to ignore what was going on.

 "Soojung-ah, want to go to the amusement park with us today?"Sulli asked.

"G-gwenchana...I'm busy.Gotta go!"Soojung quickly replied as she stood up and started walking away.

 "You see.That's what I mean.Usually when I asked her to go anywhere with me and she would automatically say yes.But now, she always say that she's busy."Sulli said.

"Yes,she's been acting weird lately.The day we took her to the nurse,afterward, I found her beside her locker.It seems like she was taking something out of her lockers that looks like some kind of pills.When she saw me, she quickly hid it behind her back.I asked her what she was doing and she looked as if she was scared."Jonghyun said.

 "Pills?"Minho and Sulli both said in unison.Jonghyun nodded."Why would she take pills?She's not sick."Sulli said.

"Wait! Remember when we went to visit her at the hospital?She was puking and saying that it's not possible for her to have..."Minho said.

 "A baby!?!"All three of them said at the same time.

"She's pregnant?!?"Sulli exclaimed.

 "There's a big possibility."Jonghyun said.

"But if she really is...Then who's the father??"Minho asked.

 "She has never dated anyone but Minho oppa and they never did anything beyond holding hands."Sulli said showing a bit of jealousy.

"I think we should wait and see what happens first before we jump to conclusions."Jonghyun said as they started to leave the cafeteria.


 Soojung walked up to Minho,Sulli, and Jonghyun."Umm...Do you guys want to go to the amusement park, today?"She asked.

"Chinjia?!?!Kaja!"Jonghyun exclaimed as he took Soojung's hand and lead them to the bus.Minho and Sulli eyed each other confusingly but still followed behind.

When they got to the amusement park,Soojung dragged them to the Vikings."Let's ride this first!"She exclaimed.

 "Are you sure?"Jonghyun asked looking uneasy.

"Oppa, are you scared?Don't be scared,I'll hold onto you.Kaja!"Soojung said as she dragged Jonghyun with her to the Vikings.When did they get so close?Oppa?How can she move on so fast?Minho thought as Sulli also dragged Minho on the ride.

 Getting off the ride,Jonghyun had to hold onto Soojung so he'll be alright."Oppa!Why are you so scared?It was not even scary at all!"Soojung exclaimed.

"I'm not scared!"Jonghyun defended himself.

 "Chinjia?Who was the one screaming at the top of their lungs into my ear?Who was the one holding onto my arm?Who was screaming for their umma?"Soojung teased Jonghyun.

"Yah! I did not do that!"Jonghyun said embarrassed.

 "Then let's see how strong our Jonghyun is.To the haunted house!"Soojung exclaimed as she dragged Jonghyun to the haunted house.

"Haunted house?!?!"Jonghyun exclaimed.Did she just said 'our Jonghyun'?Seriously,how can she move on so fast?STOP!Stop thinking about her, Minho!You have a girlfriend!Minho told himself.

 Soojung started getting dizzier and dizzier.She couldn't continue walking anymore."Oppa,stop!Can you get me the little blue carton in my bag?"Soojung asked as she stopped and sat down on the bench.Jonghyun handed her the little blue carton."Gomawo."She said as she popped one pill in .

"What is that?"Jonghyun asked.

 "Kaja!"Soojung said as she had calmed down and was now ready to go into the haunted house.


 "Gomawo.Today I had lots of fun.Goodbye..."Soojung said as she headed home.Mainhe.Soojung thought.

When Soojung arrived home, she grabbed her bags and went to the airport.Soojung was looking out the window on the airplane when she remembered what Dr.Jang had told her.

Flashback to 'Chapter Two':

"I'm very sorry to inform you that you have...brain tumor."Dr.Jang told Soojung.

 "Bwoh!?!How's that possible?"Soojung asked shocked.

"It just happens.I would like to inform this to your family."

 "I don't have a family.Halmoni passed away."

"Oh.What about friends?"

 "Please don't tell them!Please!I beg you!"Soojung cried.

"Arasso.Rest well."Dr.Jang agreed before he left he gave Soojung, a little blue carton."Here are some pills so you won't have lots of headaches.Also, eat lots of vegetables.Don't eat any meat at all.Arasso?"Soojung nodded.

End of Flashback


 It was the day after Soojung's departure."This number is no longer in service."Says the woman as Sulli tried calling Soojung."Soojung!Where are you?"Sulli asked, worried.

 "Have you seen Soojung?I haven't seen her all day."Jonghyun said.

"I've been trying to call her for a million times.But they keep saying that the number is no longer in service."Sulli replied.

 "Continue class.We'll go to her house after school."Jonghyun said.

"You know where Soojung live?I don't even know."Sulli said, shocked.

 "I send her home a couple of times before.That's how we became close.And she started calling me oppa."Jonghyun said as he left for his next class.

"Wait!Why don't we go ask the principal first?Soojung went to talk to her the other day, but she won't tell me anything."Sulli said stopping Jonghyun.

 "Then let's go ask the principal."Minho said as he arrived hearing part of their conversation.The 3 headed to the office.

"Mrs.Yoon,Soojung came to talk to you the other day right?"Minho asked the principal.

 "Ne."Mrs.Yoon replied.

"What did you guys talked about?Where is Soojung?Is she sick?"Sulli started bombarding Mrs.Yoon with questions.

 "Slow down.You guys don't know where Soojung is?"She asked.They shook their heads."Yesterday was her last day here.Soojung said that she can't afford school anymore,besides she also have to keep the house, so Soojung decided to quit school.She told me, she was going to find a job."

"Bwoh?!?Yesterday was her last day?!?"Minho exclaimed.

"She quitted school?!?!"Jonghyun exclaimed.

"She's working?!?!"Sulli exclaimed.They all left the office in a lightening speed.When they arrived at Soojung's house, like Jonghyun instructed,they found an old lady sitting on the front porch."Ahjumma,where is the owner of this house?"Jonghyun asked.

 "I'm the owner."She replied.

"Are you sure this is the right place?"Minho whispered to Jonghyun.

 "1oo%.I send Soojung home, almost everyday."Jonghyun whispered back."Ahjumma, the young,pale, girl that lived here.She's the owner."He said to the old lady.

"You mean Jung Soojung?"Jonghyun nodded."She left.She sold this house to me and packed all her goods and left.I'm now the owner."

 "When did she leave?"Sulli asked.

"Last night."

 "Kamsahabnida."They bowed and left.

"Bwoh!?!? She sold her house and left!?!?"Sulli exclaimed as they passed the old lady.

 "Where could she have gone?"Minho asked.


  When they arrived back at school, Minho and Sulli was everyone's attention."Did you hear that Jung Soojung left because Minho was using her to get Sulli.Now Sulli and Minho are dating so, Soojung left."The crowds whispered to one another.

"Did she really leave because of us?"Sulli whispered to Minho.He shrugged.


  Soojung's plane had landed.She was outside the airport waiting for a taxi.She let out a deep sigh before saying, "LA, here I come."Soojung then broke into a smile.


Okay, now you guys know Soojung's problem.

I confirm you that many new characters are going to appear very soon!

Just wait!

~Toshio9