9

B.A.P Bride

A few months passed by and Sooyun settled happily into life with B.A.P.  She was the perfect housewife when needed and also fulfilled her duties as personal assistant.  She was able to go to some of their performances and such, but after going to a few she knew it would be best if she stayed home instead.  The boys were too publicly clingy if she was around.  She didn’t want to cause a big scandal for them.  Yongguk had gotten matching silver rings for all of them, with inscriptions on the inside of his and hers that read Love is Eternal.  

She’d discovered that the guys could eat food when they needed to pass as humans, and sometimes they liked to join her when she ate, but otherwise their company provided them with some form of blood supply.  She didn’t ask too many questions about it though; she didn’t really want to know.

One morning at breakfast the maknae pointed out something that gave Sooyun much to think about. 

“Noona, I don’t mean to be rude, but I think Himchan hyung’s cooking is starting to stick.”  Zelo said.

Sooyun looked down and noticed that her midsection had gotten a little pudgy.  “I blame Himchan for being such a good cook.  Guess I should take up using the exercise room though.”  She said looking at the remaining food on her plate. “Right after I finish this.”  She said with a grin shoveling another bite of Himchan’s ic French toast into . 

“I can help you out with an exercise routine, Noona.”  Jongup said, excitedly.  That boy loved to work out.  

Sooyun nodded at him happily, but inside she was panicking as she realized the last time she had her period was before she met the six men, and that had been a few months ago.  She hadn’t had any morning sickness, though right now she felt ill.  She’d been so happy living with the men that she had forgotten a very important detail.  She kept up the façade that everything was okay and casually asked them what their schedule was like for the day. 

“We’ll be back in time for dinner.”  Yongguk said giving her a kiss on the cheek.

“Well, I guess I’ll do what needs to be done around here then.  I’ll take care of the dishes too, Himchan Oppa.”  She said when she noticed he’d started working on them. 

Himchan smiled at her.  “Thanks honey.”  He looked at the other men.  “Everyone ready, we need to leave in five minutes.” 

They all acknowledged that they were ready and they each gave her a kiss on the cheek before they left. 

“I love you, beautiful.”  Yongguk said as he kissed her again.  “We’ll bring home something for dinner.”

She nodded and smiled at him as he closed the door.  She stood there for a moment until she was sure they were gone and then she rushed to her room and got dressed and grabbed her purse.  She put on a pair of sunglasses just to be safe; she didn’t want anyone recognizing her on the trip she was about to make.  She walked to the nearest corner store.  The whole way she felt like eyes were on her, but she knew she was just paranoid that crazy fans might recognize her.  She purchased a box of three test sticks and headed back home.  On the way back though she truly felt like she was being watched.  She carefully looked around but didn’t see anyone.  The last thing she needed was an angry fan mob. 

When she got home she went straight to the bathroom.  She used the first test stick and then the second and finally the third.  Her heart dropped to her stomach.  What was she going to do?  What would the six men think?  What would Yongguk think?  Would this cause a huge scandal and affect his career?  She slid down on the bathroom floor and simply stared at the three tests in her hands as all these questions ran through her mind.

The next thing she knew she heard the guys return.  She looked up at the clock and was startled to realize she’d sat there all day lost in the shock of it all.

“Sooyun, honey, we’ve got food.”  She heard Himchan’s voice ring out merrily.

“We got your favorite, Noona!”  Zelo called out.

Sooyun stood up and clenched the three test sticks to her chest as she exited the bathroom.  She went into the kitchen; her feet felt like lead and her stomach churned with uncertainty.  She walked up to the counter and Yongguk draped his arm around her and gave her a squeeze.

“How was your day, beautiful?”  He asked.

“Um, Sooyun, you didn’t do the dishes.”  Himchan said, but when he noticed the look on her face he frowned.  “Are you okay, honey?”  The rest of the men looked at her then.

“Hey, are you all right?”  Yongguk asked taking a closer look at her.

Sooyun shook her head.

“What’s wrong, Noona?”  Zelo asked.

Sooyun swallowed around the knot in and placed the three test sticks on the counter.  The room became silent, like the air had been out of it, and the six men froze as they stared at the three objects that had just changed their world forever.

“Noona…are those…” Zelo said hesitantly.

“I’m pregnant.”  Sooyun said quietly, but her voice sounded so loud in her mind.

“So, it wasn’t my cooking.”  Himchan said quietly.

Sooyun shook her head and ran a hand over the small bump that was starting to form on her stomach.  “Zelo’s comment made me realize that the last time I had my monthly cycle was before I met all of you.” 

“I didn’t even know this was possible.”  Daehyun said.

“It usually isn’t.”  Yongguk said.  “It’s very rare for one of us to be able to impregnate a human.  So rare, that the last pregnancy occurred several centuries ago.”

“Why am I sensing an ‘and’ or a ‘but’ here?”  Himchan asked folding his arms.

Yongguk sighed.  “The babies don’t always make it.  It’s purely up to fate on whether they survive after birth or not.  If they do then they will be like a blood bonded human, strong and long-lived.” 

Sooyun hugged her belly.   “Our baby might die.”  She gasped.

Yongguk went still beside her.  It was the first time the life growing inside her had been referred to as “their baby”.  He hugged her.  “Baby, I’m sorry.  I shouldn’t have told you that.”

“But, honey,” Himchan said gently, “it is something you need to be aware of.  You need to be able to prepare yourself for the worst, it won’t make it easier but it definitely won’t make it harder.”

Sooyun nodded.  “I’m just glad none of you are upset by this.”

“Honey, why would we be upset?  Right now you carry a precious little life inside you.”  Himchan said with a grin.  “This is something that needs celebrating, not regretting.”

The rest of the men smiled and nodded their agreement.

“And if you can’t tell how I feel just by my smile, then I’ll have to show you how I feel, right here, on the counter.”  Yongguk said teasingly with a devilish grin.

Sooyun laughed and pushed against Yongguk’s chest.  “Oppa, my current state is due to the numerous times you’ve already shown me how you feel about me.”

Yongguk laughed as well and kissed her forehead.  “Later then.”

“So, Noona, who’s a BABY, is going to have a B.A.P baby!”  Zelo said excitedly.  “Yay!  I’m gonna be an uncle! I can’t wait to play with the baby.”

“Hyung,” Youngjae said to Yongguk.  “You know this can’t be hidden for much longer.  We have to make your marriage public now.” 

Yongguk nodded.  “I know.”  He turned to Sooyun. “How do you feel about that, beautiful?”

Sooyun smiled.  “If it needs to happen then it needs to happen.  Angry fans are the least of my worries right now.  What I have to worry about is growing a baby.”  She said patting the small bump on her belly. 

“People will want to know who you are and meet you.”  Himchan said.

Sooyun sighed and nodded.  “I can be strong as long as I have all of you supporting me.”

“Then I’ll announce the news at our next interview.”  Yongguk said with a grin.