14

B.A.P Bride

“Noona, I just got a text from Hyung.”  Zelo said from beside her.  She was seated on the couch between Zelo and Youngjae.  They’d been watching a funny movie to try and cheer her up.  “He says the press conference is going to start in five minutes.  Do you want to watch it?”

Sooyun took a deep breath and nodded.  “Sure, might as well.”

Zelo then giggled after his phone buzzed again.

“What?”  Sooyun asked.

“Hyung says he loves you.”  Zelo said with a grin that made her know there was more.  “And that after he makes things better he will come home and make you feel better, wink, wink, nudge, nudge.”  He said laughing. 

Sooyun rolled her eyes.  “I swear I live with twelve year old boys.”

Both of the men chuckled and Youngjae texted Daehyun and Jongup to see if they wanted to watch the press conference as well.  The two men returned just as the press conference was starting.

Sooyun had her eyes glued on Yongguk and Himchan.  Their expressions were strictly business, not playful like they usually were.  She could see the camera flashes against their faces and the backdrop.  She was so grateful she didn’t have to be there. 

The interviewer asked them about the scandal.  Yongguk calmly explained the issue. 

“It is unfortunate that this person took a very private moment between me and my wife and displayed it for the world to see.  I wouldn’t have minded if it had just been a picture of me.  It angers me that this person exposed my wife in such a manner.”  Yongguk stated.

The interviewer asked if they knew who the culprit was.  This was where the big reveal was going to be made.

Yongguk sighed.  “We do.”  He went on to explain about Sooyun’s past and how the revealing of their marriage and pregnancy led to the man escaping from prison.  “The nightmare has started over for my poor wife and I wish to end it quickly.” 

The interviewer asked him if that was why the culprit had used the lyrics from the song ‘Going Crazy’, but before Yongguk could answer the interviewer cut him off suddenly and informed them that a new picture had just surfaced and the program showed a screen-cap of it.  It was a picture of Sooyun, Zelo, Youngjae, Daehyun and Jongup watching the press conference.  Yongguk merely looked at Himchan and Himchan gave a stiff nod and stood up, bowing politely before leaving.

Daehyun cursed under his breath and pulled Jongup along with him as they ran outside toward the angle at which the picture had been taken.  Sooyun sat frozen in fear.  He was near.  He was watching her.

Questions flew left and right from different reporters, but Yongguk ignored them.  He looked straight into the camera, his face tight and eyes narrowed.  “Han Inhae.”  Yongguk said stating the name of Sooyun’s worst nightmare.  “You will be brought to justice.”

Youngjae turned the television off and he and Zelo both looked at Sooyun.  “Are you okay, Noona?”  He asked gently.

Sooyun shook her head.  “He was here, he was here and he was watching me.”  She said, her body trembling.

Zelo pulled her into a hug.  “It’s okay, Noona.  We won’t let him get you.  We will catch him.” 

The front door suddenly opened and Himchan strode in.  He looked at Sooyun lovingly.  “Are you okay, honey?”  She shook her head no and his mouth tightened into a thin line.  “Where are they?”  He asked Youngjae.  Youngjae pointed in the direction Daehyun and Jongup and gone and Himchan stalked off to join them.

Moments later Yongguk arrived home along with some police officers.  Sooyun sobbed when she saw her husband and rushed to him.  He held her in his arms and carried her back to the couch, seating himself with her on his lap.  “Sooyun, baby, the officers need to ask you a few questions.” 

Sooyun nodded meekly and sniffed.  She answered the questions the officers requested of her and they were told that the house would be put under surveillance in hopes of finding Inhae.  Sooyun simply nodded, she felt numb.  Shortly after the officers finally left, Himchan, Daehyun, and Jongup returned. 

“We caught his scent.”  Himchan informed.  “But ran into a dead end, which means he must have gotten away in a vehicle.”

“He is working with someone then.”  Yongguk said, confirming his earlier suspicions.  He looked down at his wife and kissed the top of her head.  “Baby, I know you don’t want to go out, but I want you to be with us everywhere we go.  Manager Kang and the stylist and coordi noonas will keep you company and protect you when we are busy.” 

Sooyun slowly nodded.  “Okay, I’ll feel safer knowing you are all near anyway.”  She looked up at him.  “I’m so tired, can we go to bed?” 

Yongguk smiled and nodded.  “Of course, baby.”  He looked up at the maknae.  “Zelo, go make sure all the windows in our bedroom are completely covered.”  Zelo nodded and went to accomplish his task.  “The rest of you.  I want you to grab your pillows and such, we are all sleeping in the same room tonight.”  They all nodded and went to go get their stuff as well. 

Yongguk stood up and carried Sooyun into their room.  Zelo had just finished closing the curtains and filling every little crevice where peeping eyes might be able to see through.  The others entered, Jongup carrying Zelo’s bedding.  Daehyun slept on the bed with Sooyun and Yongguk for dream control purposes and Himchan slept nearest the door so he could pounce on anything that tried to enter, Jongup slept next to him as well.  Zelo and Youngjae slept near the windows in case anyone was crazy enough to attempt entering through them.