When our love is on the line

BEAST ONESHOTS

Kikwang x Hyo Min (Not the singer LOL!)

Sad/Love/Happy

 

 

HYO MIN POV

A year has gone by since we got married. We have our first child, Lee Jaewon.

My husband you ask? His name is Lee Kikwang. We met when we were still in high school. We were actually just classmates at that time. We never noticed each other till we were partnered up for a school project.

-Flashback-

Alright class, please gather your things and I will be calling each one of you and partnering you all up. Okay, first one, Yang Yoseob and Jeon Jiyoon. Yong Junhyung and Kim Hyuna. Yoon DooJoon and Heo Gayoon. Lee Kikwang and Kwon Hyo Min”, and list went on and on. We all gathered our things and sat next to our partners. “Hello!” I looked up seeing Kikwang smiling down upon me. “Hi”, I said shyly. I was the shyest girl in the class. I wouldn’t talk to anyone besides going up to present or to my friends. “Im Lee Kikwang”, “Hi. Kwon H H Hyo Min”, I stuttered and bowed slightly. “Okay class, you will be sitting with your partners for the rest of the year. So get comfy”.

We were really into the lecture when I saw a piece of paper slide next to me.

“Do you understand?”

I looked at Kikwang and he bit his lip and smiled.

“Uhh. Yes?” I slid it back to him.

“Help me?”

“What is it that you are confused?”

“Mostly everything >.<”

I looked up at him with wide eyes. He smiled again, but this time I could see that he was desperate now. He grabbed the paper again.

“I just need some help. Want to meet up with me after school?”

“Uhh….Sure? Where?”

“How about the park across the school? I know a secret place there that we can study!” :)”

I looked at him and just nodded. Well, what was I supposed to do? He was my partner after all for the rest of the year.

 

*after school*

I waited at the park by the swings, swinging myself while looking at my feet. I was so into my world when I felt someone push me lightly from behind. “OMO!” I looked behind me in shock, “Mianhae! I didn’t mean to scare you like that!” Kikwang said and smiled. I blushed and looked down, “You are cute you know that?” I looked up and blushed more. I heard him chuckle, “Come on. Unless you just wanna stand there and blush all day”, He smiled that eye smile that makes all the girls in my school faint over.

He led us to this small spot underneath a big tree with shade and a lovely view of a river. I looked at it in amazement. The scenery was breathe taking! I never imagined something like this in front of our old, ragged, school. We both sat down underneath the tree, “So beautiful right?” “Deh”, I just nodded. “You are a shy girl huh?” I looked at him with wide eyes, “What d d d do you m m mean?” He smiled a little, “You stutter a lot, you don’t make much eye contact, let alone, you don’t even make any contact, you don’t like attention, you blush whenever I compliment you or look at you or well, just when attention is on you, and you don’t talk much to many people”. I looked down blushing again, “See!” He pointed at me and smiled, “So cute! You know that I was just joking that I didn't know anything!” I looked at him confused. "what?" He smiled that eye smile again, "I lied to you saying that I didn't know just so that I can get to know you more". "Why? I am not even interesting", "To me you are", he looked at me and smiled. Why would anyone wanna be interested in someone like me?

What do you like to do outside of school?” “Well, I like to just stay home, read, and relax”. I didn’t want him to know my inner secret. I love to dance A LOT. My friends even called me a “dancing machine” or “dancing queen”. I love dancing, it has always been my way to release my stress. “Anything fun?” He asked. I shook my head, “Oh come on! There has to be something else!” He said and looked at me, I looked at the ground avoiding eye contact, “Nope”, “Uh huh. Sure”, “What do you mean?” “Don’t you dare lie to me missy”, I looked at him. “What are you talking about?” “I saw you!” “Huh?” “OH GEEZ! You really don’t remember?!” “No?” He took off my glasses, “AH HA! I was right!” “BWOH?!” “These are fake glasses honey”, I looked at him clueless, trying to pretend that I have no idea what he was talking about. “You dance. I saw you at the studio down by 5th street?” (A/N: I just made up a random street lol!)

My eyes widen, “HOW?!” He smirked, “I was there in the other room. I watched you and you are good. Actually, you are AMAZING!” He praised me, but I continued to blush, like that wasn’t new. “Why don’t you dance in front of people?” “I have really bad stage fright”, “You didn’t have it when I was there”, “Well, I didn’t even know you were spying on me”, “True True. But seriously Hyo, you are really good. That's why I am so interested in you. You took my breath away when I saw you dancing. I realized that I want to get to know you more. You really took my interest”, “Really? Why out of all the people in the world, me? And what do you mean by Hyo?” I asked him. “Hyo, you are beautiful you know that? You just need to have more confidence! No glasses okay? And yes! That shall be your nickname!” He smiled at me. Come to think of it, Kikwang is really handsome. I mean, besides his height, he is really handsome. His eye smile, his buff body, his looks, and to top it, he is really a nice guy. I have never felt so comfortable around a guy before.

-end of flashback-

I sat there by Jaewon’s crib, smiling and remembering everything that happen from there on. We became closer and closer than ever. Soon, after we graduated, we decided to date. We officially got married when we were on our 2nd year of college. After marriage, then came our baby boy. After Jaewon came, things got out of hands.

-Flashback-

Jaewon started crying in the middle of the night, “Hyo Min, make him stop!” Kikwang yelled at me. Both of us were rarely getting ANY sleep. “I will! Geez, stop yelling at me!” “I AM NOT! JUST MAKE HIM SHUT UP!” I got up frustrated and ran into Jaewon’s room.

Shhh…Jaewon, mommy is here now”, I carried him and sat on the rocking chair and looked at him. I wiped the tears that stained his face. “What is wrong Jaewonie? Bad dream?” He on his little, chubby fingers and snuggled closer to me. I smiled, and soon, the feeling of stress from Kikwang earlier just disappeared. I smiled and kissed his tiny forehead and rocked him to sleep. Once he fell into deep slumber, I soon started to fall asleep.

-end-

I looked at the sleeping Jaewon in his crib. “Hyo Min”, Kikwang burst in the door and spoke so loud with so much harshness in his voice. I looked at him, “What?” I whispered. Soon, Jaewon woke up again and started to cry. “GOD DAMNIT MAKE HIM STOP!” “I WILL IF YOU STOP YELLING!” I yelled back at him and held Jaewon in my arms humming him back to sleep. “Get out Kikwang”, I said and ignored  him. Once Jaewon was back to sleep, I closed his door and went out to clean up the kitchen. “Hyo Min”, Kikwang said as I cleaned, “What?” I asked him. “I will be gone again for another business trip”, “Okay”, I said plainly. “That’s it?!” “Well, what do you expect me to say Kikwang?!” I yelled at him.

We were both stressed, hack lack of sleep, and we were all just irritated. “You don’t even care that I will be gone for two weeks?!” “Well Kikwang. May I remind you that you are always gone! You are barely even here!” “I AM ALWAYS HERE!” “NO YOU ARE NOT! You don’t even help me with Jaewon! You are always home late because of work, you drink more than you usually do and YOU CONSTANTLY YELL AT ME! What do you expect more from me Lee Kikwang?! HUH?!” I yelled at him. “AT LEAST APPRECIATE THAT I AM THE ONLY ONE WORKING AND EARNING THE DAMN MONEY FOR ALL OF US!” “WELL, HOW THE CRAP AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THAT IF YOU ARE NOT EVEN HELPING ME!” He came up to me and slapped me hard in the face. I stumbled a little bit, shocked that he hit me.

He never hits me. “Be a better wife”, he said. I looked at him, with tears falling from my eyes and I glared at him. “You are a monster”, I mumbled and ran up stairs to Jaewon’s room and sat there looking at him and crying. “Jaewon, why did this all happen?” I caressed his chubby cheeks. “We were supposed to be one big happy family. Is this how it is being married and having one handsome son?” Tears fell from my eyes to the sheets of Jaewon’s bed. “Why does your Appa treat me this way? I feel like I am a maid. Does your Appa love me anymore?” I cried even harder, remembering all the memories that we had before we were married. Kikwang always told me that he loved me even during high school.

It hurts Umma Jaewon. Umma has no idea what to do anymore”.

 

 

KIKWANG POV

I slapped her.

I slapped my own WIFE.

I am such a cruel person.

She was right, I am a MONSTER.

Her words burned deep into my heart, her tear stained eyes went through me. All I wanted to do was run up to her and hug her tightly. I laid on the bed in our room. I remembered all the times that we had, smiling, laughing, cuddling. I miss those days.

She was right. I barely even help her. I never really noticed how much pain I have caused her. I was overly stressed and lack of sleep that I lashed out on her and never had any time for her or my son.

Jaewon, why did this all happen?” I heard her soft, cracked voice through the baby monitor beside our bed. She caressed his cheeks. “We were supposed to be one big happy family. Is this how it is being married and having one handsome son”. I heard her sob. Hearing her say those things made my heart hurt.  “Why does your Appa treat me this way? I feel like I am a maid. Does your Appa love me anymore?” I heard her cry more, and hearing her think that way made me have tears forming in my eyes. Is this how she feels? Why am I such a horrible husband?! Tears fell from my eyes. Seeing how fragile and hurt my own wife was made me hurt even more. I shouldn’t be treating her this way. I shouldn’t be this man that I am now. What kind of husband am I? Letting my own wife hurt because of me? No the question is, what kind of man am I to let myself hit her.

It hurts Umma Jaewon. Umma has no idea what to do anymore”. I saw her bit her lips, trying to stop the tears from falling. “You Appa lashes out on me more than usual Jaewon. When you get married and find that special girl, please Jaewon, don’t be like your father. Don’t EVER hit a girl no matter how badly she treated you”. I got up and ran to the room and opened the door. Tears were on both of our eyes. Hurt was our feelings and sadness was in the air. “Kikwang”, her eyes widen. Her facial expression had my heart breaking into pieces.

She was scared of me.

My own wife is scared of me, her husband.

Hyo. I am so sorry”, I said and broke down crying on front of her. “Bwoh?” I went closer to her, she backed away from me, scared. “Hyo I wont hit you. I promise. I will never hit you ever again. Even if I am stressed like that, I will never ever lay one finger on you again like that” I assured her and walked closer to her. I grabbed her arm gently and pulled her closer to me. “Mianhae Hyo Min. Mianhae Lee Hyo Min”, I cried and held her close to me. the feeling of having her in my arms made me happy and joyous. “I hate you Lee Kikwang”, she mumbled and hugged me closer with tears coming out of her eyes and sobs were getting louder. “You have every right to be angry at me. But please, don’t go away from me and please don’t ever ask that question ever again. I love you more than anything. I love you with all my heart and I love Jaewon with all my heart. You are both my family and I should be the better husband and Appa to both of you. I am truly sorry Lee Hyo Min”, I said and hugged her closer. “I love you Lee Kikwang”, she said.

I promise to help you more with Jaewon and take less time at work so that I can spend more time with you and Jaewon”, I looked at her deeply in her eyes. I caressed her cheeks and wiped the tears from her eyes. “I love you Lee Hyo Min”, I said and looked deep into her eyes, “I love you Lee Kikwang”, I smiled with my tear stained face and kissed her soft lips that I have been missing so much. Her kisses, hugs, laughs, smiles were all the things that I missed from her. “You are my everything”. I kissed her forehead and hugged her.

I looked at the crib and saw Jaewon waking up. “Omo”, I heard Hyo say. “He might cry so, if you don’t want to hear it, you can leave”, she said and was about to pick him up. “Ani. Let me do it”, I smiled at her and looked at Jaewon. He looked up at me with his wide eyes that he got from his beautiful Umma. “Hi there Jaewon! Appa misses you, you know that?” I picked him up and looked at Hyo. She smiled a tearful smile of joy and happiness. “Did you have a good sleep?” He leaned on my shoulder and rubbed his face on my shirt. “Look theres Umma”, I turned him around to face Hyo. He smiled and clapped.

I studied his face and he has a good mix of me and Hyo. He had Hyo’s eye shape and color, nose and her chubby cheeks. He had my plump lips and forehead. I just hoped that he didn’t get my height. And one thing that I loved about him, he got his mother’s beautiful smile. “Hyo. Baby, he looks like you when he smiles”, She chuckled and went closer to us. She leaned her chin on my shoulder. “How is my baby boy?” He smiled and clapped. “Aigoo, I think he is hungry”, “Let’s go and feed him then”, she went to his drawer and grabbed his food, “Hyo”, she looked at me, “Neh?” “I love you”, she smiled and kissed my cheek, “I love you too”, “I could get used to this. I should say I love you more”, “Aigoo, if you do, you might just get a kiss”, “Lips?” “Aniyo, cheeks”, then she poked my cheeks.

Jaewon, your Umma will get it later on tonight”, I winked at her and walked away.