Chapter fourteen.

An EXO Mafia Story

 

Luhan's POV

I rushed down the hall after Sly, a few guards who were left alive looking around confused and relieved. When I finally spot her up ahead, she shoots another in the head and begins to walk again.

“Sly!” I call out, running to her as she turns to me. “Y-you don’t have to kill them all.”

“Actually, I’m only killing some of them. The others will understand the message,” she says simply, nothing more that anger on her features. “They were going to kill you, Luhan. Don’t you understand that?”

I slowly nod my head and look at the ground. “It’s just… you’ve killed so many of them already… don’t you think they’ve gotten the message?” I ask, looking up at her with a pleading expression.

She simply stares back at me, her face showing no emotion. “They were going to kill you,” she says again, slower this time as if I didn’t understand before. “They were going to hurt you, baobei.”

“But I doubt they will now!” I reply, my face turning a little pink at her new nickname for me. I reach out and place my hands on her shoulders, looking down at her slightly. “They’re afraid now!”

Sly simply smiles, a genuine smile that I don’t think I’ve seen before. “How did you make it this far in this business, Luhan? How are you still alive? You’re putting hope where it doesn’t belong. Hope doesn’t exist anymore.”

“Only if you don’t let it,” I reply, pressing my forehead against her own. “There can still be hope.”

“Not for these people,” Sly replies, staring up into my eyes blankly again. “Not for those who go against me. Not for me anymore.”

“SLY, REPORT TO ME OFFICE, NOW! AND BRING THE E WITH YOU!” the loud speaker says, obviously being Kronik.

Sly smirks and grabs my wrist from her arm, pulling me down numerous hallways where every guard looks alarmed. “Sly you realize-“

“Stay quiet,” she cuts me off, opening a door and walking into a office were everyone else sits. “What is it?” she asks, looking over the desk at Kronik who simply smiles.

“Kris wants to make a deal. He wants to speak with us. Grab your guns and grab a guy, rough him up with your special ways and meet me in the garage in thirty minuets,” Kronik says with a smile, her fingers drumming on the desk as she speaks.

Sly simply smiles and grabs Kai by his hair, yanking him out the door while he just smiles and follows.

“I’m surprised she didn’t grab Chanyeol,” Kyungsoo says, smiling to Kronik from the couch.

“Kai is obviously her favorite,” Kronik says with a smirk. “She likes to have him around more than others. She seems to be found of him.”

“Like you are of Kyungsoo?” Xiumin asks with a giggle, others laughing right after.

Kronik simply smiles where as Kyungsoo just blushes. “I am found of Kyungsoo. He is the most obedient.” Kronik smiles softly at them before getting to her feet. “I’m leaving Kyungsoo here, in charge. I trust him. Go against him, you deal with me.”

I look from the door where Sly had just left from to Kronik. “A-are you going to kill Kai? Or Kris?” I find myself asking.

Kronik’s gaze then shifts to me, her smile still present where as her words show no happiness. “Kai, no, Sly wont kill him. As for Kris, if he fires first, he will get kill by Sly or I.”

“Yixing is still there too,” Tao says out of nowhere. “He isn’t really a fighter, please don’t kill him.”

“If they fire first, we will both aim for Kris. Don’t worry, baby panda, I won’t hurt your friend. If it does turn into a gun war, Yixing will come back with us and be here with you all.”

“But what if-“

“Tao,” Kyungsoo says from the couch, his voice hard and orderly. “Stop worrying. We will all be safe, the only one of us in harms way would be Kai.”

“And Chanyeol,” Kronik says, grabbing Chanyeol by his arm. “He’s going to look just as ed up as Kai is. Kris knows how much Sly hates Chanyeol. He’d be an obvious choice.”

I hear Chanyeol groan and smirk. “Don’t worry, Channie,” I say from behind Sehun. “You might not die!”

“ you,” he spits at me as Kronik drags him from the room.

“Hasn’t everyone?” Chen calls causing us all to laugh, even me. For once, I actually feel safe and like this is normal. I had never even felt this, even back at our hide out, but I feel it here, in this small office backed with eight of my closet friends.