Imperfect Families

My Brother Haunts My Lover

 

When the sun rise, Chanyeol was already standing in front of Luhan's bedroom. After few knocks the door finally opened, revealed a sleepy Luhan on sight. "Chanyeol? It's a rare thing you woke me up in the morning. Why? Is it my birthday?" He innocently tilted his head.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and walked past Luhan, make his way towards the bed.

"Aigoo, my little brother wants to sleep with his hyung." Luhan grinned.

Chanyeol shot him a look and throw a pillow to Luhan's face. "Shut up! I'm only here to ask you a question."

"Right~" Luhan teasingly smiled.

"I'm serious! Aish.. Whatever. I want you to do some research for me." Chanyeol lazily waved.

"Aigoo. My brother wants to make his hyung doing his homework." Luhan clutched his tongue in fake disappointment.

"It's not about homework and will you stop that?!" Chanyeol yelped.

"What?" Luhan innocently blinked.

Chanyeol narrowed his eyes. "Jeez, stop calling me your brother. I still couldn't bring myself to accept you 100%. So stop it!"

Luhan felt hurt by Chanyeol's words and instead of angry, he smiled. "Arraseo. So, what do you want me to search?"

Chanyeol felt guilty to saying those words but his ego won't let him admit it. "I need you to search a person."

Luhan grab a piece of paper and a pen from his night desk. "A person? Who?"

"The name is Byun Baekhyun."

Luhan's body stiffened and he dropped his pen. *First Minseok and now Baekhyun. Just how much Chanyeol actually know about this case?*

"Yah! Hyung are you listening?" Chanyeol nudged Luhan.

"Uh? Ah yes I will see what I can do about it." Luhan picked up his pen and start writing.

"What you can do? Uh, come on! You're the cop here. I know you could pull some tricks here and there." Chanyeol muttered.

Luhan smiled and gently patted Chanyeol's head. "Hey, being a cop is a great responsibility. You can't just pull up some strings here and there. Everything has the consequences and I hope when you become a cop like me you'll understand."

"Whatever and who said I'm going to be like you? Just because dad said so doesn't mean I WILL say so. Who knows? I probably wanna conquer the space for god's sake." Chanyeol rolled his eyes and lazily shrugged off the bed.

As soon as Chanyeol shut the door, Luhan's smile fell and a single tear drop in his hand. *You ARE my brother. Can't you see me as one too? Your words hurt me. It really hurts.* Luhan bit his lip and weakly walked to the bathroom.

Behind the closed door, Chanyeol still leaned on it. He face palming himself and heavily sighed. *I'm sorry hyung but you shouldn't think highly of me as your brother. You supposed to hate me. Even I hate myself.* With heavy shoulder he walked back to his bedroom.

He closed the door the slumped in the bed then protectively covered himself with the blanket. He's sobbing while hugging his pillow like there's no tomorrow.

"Chanyeol." Xiumin whispered.

"Not now dammit! I will do everything you said but leave me alone, now!" Chanyeol hid his face in the pillow.

"I see everything." Xiumin calmly said.

Chanyeol grew furious the throw his pillow to Xiumin's direction, which no use since it just flying pass through Xiumin's body with no harm. "So what?! You're gonna laughing at me like usual?! Or what? You're gonna kill me on the spot because you see the true of how broken I can be?! you! Just. Leave. Me. Alone! God damn it!" Chanyeol's shoulder is going up and down his tears won't stop falling. He hates to cry and he specially hates when people seeing him cry. "Please..." He weakly whispered.

"I leave you to calm down." Xiumin sighed then turn around.

He flying past through the wall then headed to Luhan's bedroom. He enter it and see that Luhan's already washing and changing to proper clothes. He watching Luhan reading something seriously in his desk. "Here I am, holding grudges to you and your brother because my jealousy over a perfect family. You guys rich and smart while me and Baek hardly eat something in a day. I guess nobody's pefect, huh?" Xiumin talking to Luhan who listen nothing but sound of wind.

Xiumin rolled his eyes. "Yeah sure. Who bothers to listen a dead man?" He poked his head to see what Luhan seriously reading and he jolted in surprise to see that it is his profile.

Luhan closed the document then took out his phone, pressed few buttons and put the phone in his ear. "It's me, how's the progress of the drug's case?...... Well, it's not enough. Okay ....... Oh right and this noon please take back Xiumin's corpse to his family. Also, help his brother with the funeral and don't forget to give him the compensation..... I will take care of the payment so don't worry and just do as I say! Ah, and don't forget! DO NOT mention my name! Tell him about his brother's death without exposing about this case too much. Okay... Bye!"

Xiumin listening to whole Luhan's phone conversation and snickered. *I appreciate what you've done Lu. But not for long you could keep hiding the fact that you know me and my brother. Surely, I will not let my Byun Baekhyun being alone. Anyway...* He drew closer to Luhan's ear.

"Thank you, Luhan....."