Growing Relationship

My Brother Haunts My Lover

 

==================================

 

"Thank you for coming, my brother must be feeling happy right now." Baekhyun told the last visitors who came to pay their respect. He then go for a talk with the director of the funeral house.

Luhan slowly approaching them. "Baekhyun, just go home. I'll take care of this."

"But.....my brother...."

"I'll take of everything. Trust me and just go home with Chanyeol all right?" Luhan smiled.

"Okay." Baekhyun smiled at the words from Luhan and turn back. "Thank you Lu."

Chanyeol came approaching him. "Are you ready?"

"I am now." Baekhyun start walking first while Chanyeol still turn his face to Luhan, mouthing a 'thank you' to his brother.



---------------------------------



They both ride in Luhan's car while Luhan will be going home in Sehun's. Chanyeol expecting the ride back to Baekhyun's place will be filled with conversations and he's hoping that they'll get to know each other better. Instead, he's only get to know Baekhyun's address and after that Baekhyun only stare blankly at the window beside him with a hot tears streaming down his cheeks. Not knowing what to do, Chanyeol could only grip on his steer wheel and drove by.

Within half an hour, they arrive at the destination. "We're here." Chanyeol turn his head to tell Baekhyun who apparently fall asleep on the way.

Chanyeol smiled at this beautiful angel beside him. His pure, sweet expression never fail to send his heart to do the flip flop things. Chanyeol crept slowly towards Baekhyun and lifted his right hand. Hesitantly, he moved his hand across Baekhyun's hair down to his face, slowly caressing Baekhyun's cheek.

Feeling a soft hand in his cheek, Baekhyun stirred awake only to find Chanyeol's face only few centimeters from his face. He let out a yelp and Chanyeol jump out of his position, mumbling some incoherent apology.

Baekhyun grew red in his face and he quickly open his side of door. As he starting to step out of the car, he turn back to Chanyeol. "Do you........ Hmm, do you want to go in?"

Chanyeol try to cooked up some excuse because honestly, he doesn't trust himself to hold his raging hormones while being in a same room as this pretty Baekhyun. Unfortunately, Baekhyun looked him in the eyes, half pleading. "I insisted."

And that all it takes to broke all Chanyeol's reason. He needs to know his angel. He'll enter that house not because he wants to, but because he needs to.

Baekhyun unlocked the door and make a gesture to let Chanyeol in. "Come on, make yourself comfortable while I'm changing and I'm sorry if my place is to small for your taste."

"It's nice." Chanyeol smiled and let his eyes roaming around the room. A very beautiful house. He find a seat and sit to admire the very place that Baekhyun live in it.

"Sorry to keep you wait." Baekhyun walked down the stairs on a t-shirt and jeans.

"Yo...you..."

"Wae?" Baekhyun looked confused with the changing expression on Chanyeol's face.

"You're... a guy?" Chanyeol couldn't believe what he just saw. The T-shirt that Baekhyun use now is rather tight, so different with the black shirt he wore before.

"Why? Do you think I'm a girl?"

"Ah... I thought since in the funeral you didn't wear a suit like me.... I.... I..... aish." Chanyeol duck his face in embarrassment, try to cover his red face.

"Huuu…aakhahahahahahahahahaha…" Xiumin laughed in the background.

'Ouh, shut up you... Why you didn't tell me that Baekhyun is a 'he'." Chanyeol whispered.

"Even so, he's still gorgeous right? Don't worry, you're not the first victim of his beauty. Even I, myself used to thought that he's a girl."

'Then, why did you said that you love him?'

"I do love him... Very much." Xiumin expression grew serious while seeing Baekhyun who's now came back from the kitchen with a tray of drinks.

Baekhyun set the drinks on the table before finally sit across Chanyeol in the living room's chair.

"Can I ask you something?" Baekhyun started the conversation.

"Ya... Sure."

"Do you know Minseok hyung in person like...... I mean, were you close with him?"

Chanyeol looked at Xiumin who looked at Baekhyun in a sorrowful expression, then Xiumin turn to Chanyeol and nodded. "Ya... I know him so well." Chanyeol finally said.

"How did you know him?"

"We're actually a classmate and everybody knows your brother because he's one of potentially laude in our campus."

"He's a good brother and he always wants to help people. It's just because we're poor he's sometimes forget to study and have to work part-times. It's ..... All is my fault, if only I didn't become such a burden to him......... He'll be........." Baekhyun choked back a sob and hide his tears behind his palms.

"It's not your fault. It never is. It's my choice of life and I'm happy to have you as my brother." Xiumin try to soothing Baekhyun who of course couldn't hear anything Xiumin said.

"Ah... and all this time apparently  I've been wrong about him." Chanyeol sighed.

"This is..... All this thing that happened felt to surreal. I just saw him couple of days ago and now he...... He's......oh god!" Baekhyun bit his lower lips to prevent more tears to flow in front of Chanyeol.

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun who is now red in the face, try to held his tears. 'Now I know why you love him'. Chanyeol watched Xiumin who hugs Baekhyun from the back even though Baekhyun would never feel it.

Chanyeol smiled. "Do you love him that much?"

"Ya... I do."

"Do you wish to know who murder him?"

"Ya... I wanna know. I will find that person."

"I see......" Chanyeol mysteriously lift his eyes and looking sharply towards Baekhyun. "So.... you will try to find him... on your own."

Baekhyun bit his lip guiltily and avoid the eye contact with Chanyeol.

Meanwhile Xiumin directly fly towards Chanyeol and scream in his face. "Chanyeol! Don't ever let him do that... He could get into trouble, even worst he could got killed like me! I BEG YOU DON'T LET HIM GET INVOLVED IN THIS!!!!!"

Chanyeol only shut his eyes and put a poker face makes Xiumin freaked out more. "CHANYEOL! STOP HIM OR I SWEAR I WILL HAUNT YOU FOR THE REST OF YOUR GODDAMN LIFE!!!!!"

Chanyeol opened his eyes and looked at Xiumin. His eyes sparks with seriousness and boldness. Xiumin understand he finally calm and step aside.

"Baekhyun-ah. Have you ever thought that.... if Minseok is still alive and.... he hears the things you wanna do. What do you think his reaction will be?" Chanyeol calmly asked.

"Eh?" Baekhyun and Xiumin, both are utterly confused with Chanyeol's question.

"If you don't mind... I wanna know what Minseok will do when you do or did something that will endanger yourself in the process?"

"Ah..." Baekhyun remembered that every time he's going to do something dangerous, even though it's only a small thing to do like climb a tree or fixed the roof, Xiumin will absolutely going bananas.

Chanyeol smiled seeing that things start to enter Baekhyun's mind. "You see. It's better if we just..... Let the cops handle this matter."

Baekhyun wipe the tears stain in his cheek and nodded. "Okay..."

Suddenly Bigbang's Haru Haru is playing and apparently it's coming from Chanyeol's i-phone. "Sorry.... I have to pick this up." Said Chanyeol to Baekhyun.

"Yes hyung..... Uh, I'm at Baekhyun's place..... Yeah, I'll be there. Okay... Bye." Chanyeol shut his phone.

"Uhm.......... It's Luhan. He asked me to go home." Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun only nodded and he stood up, ready to send Chanyeol's to the door.
Just right before the door's closed, Chanyeol turn back to face Baekhyun. "Next time......... Uhm, can I come here again next time?"

Baekhyun widened his eyes before his lips spread with a smile and he let out a chuckled. "Sure."

Baekhyun send Chanyeol to his car and he still waving untill Chanyeol's car disappearing in the corner.



---------------------------------



Chanyeol get out from Luhan's car and after turn back the key to Luhan, he walked towards his room. He stormed to his bed bury his face on his pillow. Not long, Xiumin who followed him already flying above him.

"Hey Chanyeol... Thank you for talking to Baekhyun and try to stop him from doing anything rash. I really appreciate it." Xiumin fly and sit beside Chanyeol on the bed.

Chanyeol lift his head a bit before finally sank back to the pillow. "Oh... It's you... I thought you already gone to the hell."

", I take back all my good words to you." Xiumin rolled his eyes but could see that Chanyeol is smirking under the pillow.

"Hey, you didn't actually just going to let those detectives handle this case right?" Xiumin slowly stood up.

Chanyeol rise his head. "So what if I really gonna do that?"

"O.......kay." Xiumin sheepishly fly around the room.

Chanyeol grinned. "Just kidding."

"Eh?"

"You think I'm gonna forgive those people who dare to shoot me?" Chanyeol got up from his bed and slowly walked to the door. "Besides... Because of them I have to meet with a noisy pain in the ghost like you."

"Neo...?! Aish, whatever! I'll let it pass since you're helping me back there with Baekhyun." Xiumin waves his hand.

"By the way Xiumin... Even though Baekhyun is a guy, I love him and I'm gonna ask him to be my lover." Baekhyun dashed out of the door.

"Oh." tik…tik…tik…tik…tik…. After 5 seconds… "MWO?!"

On the stairs, Chanyeol frantically ran down while stuck out his tongue and crazily laugh. "Hahahahaha!!!!"