Danger Approached

My Brother Haunts My Lover

Class ended, and Baekhyun dragged himself home. For the past few days, he couldn’t help but think of Xiumin. Most of all, he felt guilty for celebrating party at Chanyeol’s house when he supposed to be home and pray for Xiumin’s death.

Midway, a horn honked in front of him. Baekhyun looked up to see a recognizable black car.

Chanyeol smiled at him from the driver seat and wiggled two fingers towards him.

Surprised, Baekhyun walked over and went over to his side of the car. He bent down and spoke, “What are you doing here?”

“Picking you up, what else?” Chanyeol nodded at the passenger seat, “Get in.”

Baekhyun went around the front of the car and entered the other side of the car. He shut the door and clipped his seatbelt on. “Don’t you have a class today?”

“My class was ended.” Chanyeol reversed the car, made a quick u-turn, and headed towards his apartment. “How was your class?”

“Typical Monday.” Baekhyun shrugged. *Minus Xiumin hyung in the morning.*

“Ah, bad day then.” Chanyeol chuckled. With his eyes on the road, he reached back and pulled out a white shirt, “You left this at my place on Saturday.”

“Oh. Thanks.” Baekhyun accepted it. Chanyeol glanced at him, “You okay? You seem distracted.”

Baekhyun shook the thoughts of Xiumin out of his mind. “I’m fine.”

“Mmm... you need to be energized. Should we go to a hotel?” Chanyeol playfully smirked.

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow.

“Just kidding.” Chanyeol grinned

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, but his lips quirked upwards.

*I won’t do it if Baekhyun is not ready.* Chanyeol softly smiled. *Especially when he’s around.* Chanyeol thought as he looked at the mirror and saw Xiumin throwing a death glare to Chanyeol’s head.

“All right! We should go get some ice cream first!” Chanyeol made another u-turn and sped off. Not long after that, Chanyeol parked his car next to an ice cream cafe and they both came out.

Chanyeol pulled open the glass door. "Well ... Baekhyun go and have a seat first while i’m gonna order..."

Chanyeol go to the counter and whispered to Xiumin. ‘Hey Xiu... What flavor does Baehyun like?’

"..." Xiumin only stares blankly to the space.

'HEY!' Chanyeol grumbled.

Xiumin finally looked up at the menu board. ‘Chocolate ...’

‘What’s the matter with you? Still upset with me?’ Chanyeol asked.

‘Nope. I just remembered when i brought Baekhyun to an ice cream cafe like this before. He really likes ice cream so he ate the whole big bowl himself until he get stomachace because of it.’ Xiumin bitterly chuckled.

‘Hm ... Is that so?’ Chanyeol softly smiled and saw Baekhyun who smiled at him. Chanyeol smiled back and then go back to order.

“Can i order one giant size of chocolate ice cream?” Chanyeol pointed.

“No problem.” The worker rang it up, and Chanyeol paid. Chanyeol took his table’s number and go to the round, wooden table where Baekhyun sit.

A few minutes later, the worker came and placed a big bowl of chocolate ice cream in front of Baekhyun. He saw the ice cream and softened. *Xiumin hyung knows i like chocolate ice cream. I like it because it’s the first flavor that he introduced me to. I couldn’t quit liking the flavor after that.*

Chanyeol started scooping into the giant ice cream and Baekhyun watched him. *Who would’ve guessed that i would be eating ice cream with someone other than Xiumin hyun? I sure didn’t*

Chanyeol glanced at him with his dark brown, glistening orbs. “What?”

Baekhyun casually shrugged, “Nothing. I just didn’t peg you for the ice cream kind of guy.”

*I didn’t know i was this kind of guy either. I learn more things about myself because of you, Byun Baekhyun.* Chanyeol thought.

They finished their ice cream and walked out of the cafe. They both enter Chanyeol’s car.

“Anyways... Where have you been yesterday? I was going to your apartment but Luhan just said that you were out since the morning.” Baekhyun asked.

Chanyeol didn’t answer the question. He just smirked and leaned forward to Baekhyun’s cheek that was smeared with the ice cream.

‘PARK CHAN YEOL! I AM SO GONNA KILL YOU!’ Xiumin growled in the background.

---

“Mr. Wu, how’s this? It seems that the police had begun to suspect our bussiness.” One of Mr. Wu’s subordinates asked.

“Wu Fan. Let’s get this all packed up and head back to China.” Mr. Wu ordered.

"OK…" Kris calmly responded.

“Mr. Wu!” Another subordinate ran into the room. “Jun Myun’s gang were out of bussiness since last month. News in the streets said that they’ve been arrested by the cops!”

“What were you saying?! One of his men just came here few days ago to seal the deal!” Mr. Wu yanked the collar of the men who brought in the news.

“I-i’m sorry sir. But that’s impossible. They’ve been out of bussiness since last month. Ugh!” The man groaned in pain as Mr. Wu threw the man to the floor like a sack of potato.

"I knew it…" Kris sneered.

“What is it Wu Fan?!” Mr. Wu roared.

“I think i’ve seen that Chansik guy before.” Kris murmured.

“What?!” Mr. Wu stared at him.

Kris closed his eyes. *Where have i seen him before?*

Then he gasped, “IT’S HIM! BAEKHYUN’S FRIEND!”

“MWO?” Mr. Wu roared. "Tell me everything.. Now!" He ordered.

“I don’t know much father. It’s just i’ve seen him before in Minseok’s funeral.” He locked eyes with his father, Mr. Wu who seems unhappy by the information. He thought back and smirked, “But. I know that he’s close to Minseok’s brother, Baekhyun. We could’ve get him through Baekhyun.”

Mr. Wu spun around to his subordinates. “Then-“ He glares. “I WANT MINSEOK’S BROTHER IN MY HAND! NOW!” Mr. Wu furiously yelled at them.

---

2nd semester of college was about to ending quickly. Finals were coming up and as usual around this time of semester, Baekhyun did nothing but study. He was practically living in the library.

On a rainy Friday, Chanyeol offered to take Baekhyun home but he shook his head, “I’m going to-“

“The library, i know.” Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “Why don’t you take a break and not go today? You’ve been going every single day. Even on Sundays. We couldn’t even go on a date.”

“Mianhae.” Baekhyun sweetly smiled and shrugged.

Chanyeol chuckled, “You want me to come pick you up? It’s dangerous at night.”

Baekhyun shook his head, “What do you think am i? A girl?”

“Still-” Chanyeol sighed. “-i’m worried. Are you sure?” He raised an eyebrow.

Baekhyun nodded.

“All right. Fine.” Chanyeol shrugged.

“I’ll see you soon.” Baekhyun squeezed Chanyeol’s hand and left.

Chanyeol’s heart felt uneasy seeing Baekhyun alone but he shook the thought away and left.

Baekhyun stayed until the library closed. He packed his stuff and headed out the door. He yawned and rubbed his tired eyes. With a sigh, he trudged home. Suddenly, someone blocked his path. Slowly, he looked up.

“Oh. Kris?” Baekhyun asked.

Kris smirked and attacked him with a handkerchief soaked in chloroform.

Baekhyun’s eyes widened and slowly passed out in Kris’s hand.