Birthday

My Brother Haunts My Lover

The car stopped in front of a huge black mansion. “Whoa.” Baekhyun’s eyes were huge in awe and alarm. Chanyeol got out and opened the door, “Come on.” He held out his hand. Baekhyun took it and Chanyeol led him into the big door.

‘Heh! Chanyeol ... this is not the place where you live, right?’ Minseok shot him a look from behind.

'This is my father’s house but i lived in Luhan’s apartment too.’ Chanyeol hissed.

Baekhyun warily stood back, wondering if he should intrude or not.

Chanyeol waved in, “Come on in.”

Baekhyun bit his lip and stepped inside. He heard laughter and chatter inside and froze. An elderly lady in an elegant gray suit bowed, “Welcome to the Park’s Manor. I am the head housekeeper here.” Baekhyun bowed back. “The gathering is in the backyard. If you would kindly follow me...” The lady led Baekhyun towards the back while Chanyeol smoothly slipped out of Baekhyun’s sight. She opened the patio door and waited patiently for Baekhyun to file out.

“OH.MY.GOD.” Baekhyun almost fainted. His eyes widened and mouth fell open. Chanyeol’s backyard was at least ten times bigger than his apartment. “Chanyeol must be some sort of prince. How can he live in somewhere like this?” He asked.

‘My thoughts exactly.’ Said Minseok in awe.

Baekhyun looked at the festive lights decorating the trees. There was a long table in the middle of the garden that had enough seats for the guests. Maids were running left and right, carrying delicious foods and attending to the visitor’s needs.

“Hello, Baekhyun.” A male in a white shirt and nice khaki slacks walked over.

“Hi, Luhan!” Baekhyun excitedly waved.

Baekhyun looked at uneasy Luhan, “Are you expecting someone else?” He teased.

Luhan nodded shyly. “Aish.”

Baekhyun snickered, “I guess i found your weak spot”

Luhan softened, “Yup. I thought you’ll be with ..ehm.. your bestfriend.”

Baekhyun laughed and suddenly a boy bumped into him from behind. The boy ran over to Luhan and slung his arm around. Luhan began blushing madly and grabbed onto Baekhyun before he could faint. Baekhyun started to laughed at the sight and soon, the three of them chatted about different thing, and laughed more.

“I thought you were all here for me today.” Chanyeol appeared and slung his arm in Baekhyun who turn into red as a tomato.

“So this is the birthday boy.” Luhan smiled. “People was starting to wondering if this is your party or not.” He added.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHANYEOL!” Baekhyun and Sehun blew party blowers that have been saved in their pocket to Chanyeol’s ears, making loud noise than clapped their hands with everyone else.

Luhan crept in between them and sprayed silly string all over his brother.”Happy birthday!”

Chanyeol laughed. “Aish hyung. You just ruined my perfect attire in front of Baekhyun.” He pretended to be mad but suddenly grab Luhan to gave him an affectionate one-arm hug. “Thank you for all of this although you really didn’t have to.”

Right before Luhan was about to burst into tears of happiness, Sehun was quick enought to swept him away to his arms and said, “Gosh! I’m starved, gotta get some cake.” Sehun quickly kidnap Luhan and vanished into the buffet table.

There was a knock on the door, and the maid announced, “Another guests are here.”

“I’ll right be back.” Chanyeol smiled to Baekhyun and jogged over to the door with Luhan followed him from the buffet direction.

The double doors opened wider and all guests were piled in the room. Playing the good host, Chanyeol and Luhan approached and welcoming them. Most of the guests were Chanyeol’s closed friends and his college’s friends. They all also stared in awe at the house in the same way as Baekhyun did before.

“Thanks for coming!” Baekhyun saw Chanyeol beaming at the presence of his friends and watched how Chanyeol would gave the girls hug. He couldn’t help but envious at the sight.

Eventually, Baekhyun grew tired and went to sit down back at the table.  He went to deserted corner near the pool. He could hear the music in distance and most of the guests were on the dance floor. *I miss Chanyeol already.*

Speak of the devil, Chanyeol came over and sat in front of Baekhyun. “Are you alright? You look pale.” Chanyeol Baekhyun’s cheek with the of his fingers. A shiver ran down his spine at his touch. *The only person who could make me like this.* Baekhyun smiled.

“Perfectly fine. I was just looking for you.” Baekhyun gave him a smile and grasped Chanyeol’s arm. “Um,” Timidly, Baekhyun bit his lower lip and pulled out the gift bag from his back, “This is for you.”

Chanyeol blinked, “What is that?”

“Your birthday present.” Baekhyun replied.

Chanyeol blinked in surprise, “My present?” He softly chuckled as he took the bag, “Didn’t i tell you that i asked for no gifts but your mere presence only?” He raised his one eyebrow and mischeviously smiled, “Oho.. did you dare rebel against the birthday boy?” He seductively whispered in Baekhyun’s ear. Sending a shiver to run down the latter’s spine.

Chanyeol gazed at Baekhyun for a while and felt like he’s been staring at an angel underneath the moonlight. Just the fact that having him by his side already made him happier.

Baekhyun cheeks turned crimson, “I...i still wa..wanted to give you something.” He stutered.

Chanyeol chuckled and smiled. “Thank you” He beamed and Baekhyun felt him coming closer and closer. Baekhyun slowed hard but couldn’t look away from his penetrating gaze. His eyes fell onto Baekhyun’s lips, and Chanyeol began to tilt his head at the same time. Just when Chanyeol was about to kiss Baekhyun, the latter abruptly covered his whole face in embarrassment, “Shhh... people are watching.”

Chanyeol slightly disappointed but quickly covered it with smile and slowly, “I’ll save it for later than so it could be more than just a khhisss...” He whispered the last part with a playful grin in his eyes.

Baekhyun widened his eyes, gulping down his drink and make a great awkward escapade from Chanyeol who laughed so hard in the background, still clutching onto the precious gift.

Just then, Chanyeol felt shiver run down his spine as he noticed Minseok staring penetratingly at him. He chuckled, “Why are you looking at me as if I have seven heads?”

‘I’m just wondering why you’re in such a good mood today and it turns out to be your birthday.’ A voice whispered from behind. “I know it’s your day. But how could you easily make my Baekhyun forgot about me.” He accused.

Chanyeol grew irritated by Minseok and snapped, “Why? Can’t i be in a good mood sometimes? Can’t someone celebrate his birthday with people he loved?”

“Forget about it. Enjoy your birthday’s party.” Minseok sourly said.

“Yes! And don’t ruin it.” Chanyeol shot him a look.

‘Really? All you could think about was me going to ruin your glorious birthday’s party? Anyway i don’t expect such hostility even after i give my heart to you.’ He whispered

“Are you kidding me? Are you seriously gonna bring this up now? Can’t you just say happy birthday to me and leave happily?” Chanyeol roled his eyes.

‘YES! I am kidding you! If you don’t have my heart one month ago then you won’t be laugh in your like this. Lucky bastard!’ Xiumin waved a glass that went straight to a wall and shattered to pieces beside Chanyeol. He glared at Chanyeol and slowly disappeared.

Meanwhile, Chanyeol still stare at the wall in shock while try to remember things. As he put the puzzles together. It all makes sense to him as to why Minseok being harsh today.

Baekhyun saw Chanyeol sit with disappointed face. "Cha ... Chanyeol ..." Baekhyun grabbed Chanyeol’s sleeve. "What happened?"

Chanyeol gave him a small smile, “Don’t worry about me. I think we should worry about your brother.”

“Wha-what do you mean?” Bakhyun threw a questioning look.

“Today is your brother’s death anniversary..... i am such a terrible person to throw a party at a time when we should be mourning over his death.” Chanyeol bitterly smiled and hugged Baekhyun. *I’m sorry for being insensitive... Minseok.*