Investigation

My Brother Haunts My Lover

The next morning, Chanyeol woke up to find his room a little bit too empty. He sat up and looked around. *Where did Xiumin go? He didn’t leave, did he?* He checked every possible place in his apartment to make sure that Xiumin’s spirit still there.

Chanyeol stopped when he saw a figure flew past the wall. Cautiously, he approached it. His face fell when he realized it was Xiumin. Chanyeol could see Xiumin’s depressed face and instantly felt guilty. He couldn’t bare to see how Xiumin looked so distraught and empty.

Chanyeol darted in front of Xiumin, “Hey.”

Xiumin just staring at his face.

“...Are you still upset with me?” Chanyeol asked.

Xiumin snapped out of his thoughts and looked up at him. “I’m fine.” He lied.

Chanyeol mumbled, “You sure?”

“Positive. Now, if you’ll excuse me.” Xiumin went past him.

“I take it back!” Chanyeol blurted.

Xiumin stopped and spun around, “What?”

“Er, I’m sorry for my harsh words to you. I was being an insensitive last night who didn’t even consider your feeling for ‘the day’.” Chanyeol said.

Xiumin only crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow.

“We share our life through this heart of yours. The least i could do was supposed to pay you some respect.” Chanyeol added.

“Fine then.” Xiumin blinked at him a couple times then widely smiled before disappeared into one of the room.

Chanyeol sighed in relief. *At least things will go back to normal now.*

Xiumin and Chanyeol already arranged another plan to capture their attacker on Saturday.

Chanyeol came down in a fake mustache and glasses to disguise as some sort of bussinessman.

“I bet they’re going to kill you in that look.” Xiumin made a face.

Chanyeol chuckled, “Well too bad for you, but that’s not going to happen today.”

Xiumin smirked, “Your funeral then.”

Chanyeol sped away and headed to the south of the city. They arrived at some sort of old abandoned factory. He parked, then step out of the car like he own the place. *Either he really stupid or he just have that much guts in his head.* Xiumin thought.

Chanyeol entered the building and one of the worker approached him, “I’m sorry sir... but you shouldn’t be here.” The worker try to push Chanyeol away.

“Wait! My name’s Chan-“ Xiumin shot Chanyeol a look then Chanyeol continued, “-sik. My name is Chansik and Mr. Jun Myun sent me here to arrange a few bussiness matters with Mr. Wu.

"Well ... then please come with me to meet our boss." The worker said.

Chanyeol smirked, "OK…"

The worker led Chanyeol to Mr. Wu’s office.

... TOK TOK TOK ... ...

"Who?"

“It’s me.. Mr. Wu.”

"Come in ..."

Heart thudding, Chanyeol and Xiumin entered the office.

Chanyeol saw Mr. Wu stop talking to someone in the telephone and grinned, “So ... you want to use our services to deliver your stuff?"

"And buy it from you. Rumors said that your quality is guarantee ..." Chanyeol acted like adults.

Xiumin watched the entire conversation with a sighed, *Great. Chanyeol could be an actor actually. How could he act so calm and precise like nothing dangerous is gonna happened.*

Chanyeol thought about the next thing he would be doing when Mr. Wu was going to picking up his phone. He closed his eyes. *It should be over soon after i found out what they’re up to.* When Chanyeol opened his eyes. He was shocked as hell to see a familiar face staring so close at him.

*Kris...* Xiumin clenched his fist in anger.

*He must’ve seen me before in the funeral. What if he recognized me!* Chanyeol screams inside.

“Do i know you?....... Somewhere?” Kris raised his eyebrow.

"A ... what? No. I never seen you before." Chanyeol try to sound tough but couldn’t hide the nervous in his voice.

Xiumin started to grew worry at this point.

Kris frowned, "You look very young. How old are you?"

"Uhm.. It will 40 in the next month..." Chanyeol managed an attempted smile.

"Well i say that your face still looked like in the 20s." Kris crossed his arms with a raised eyebrow.

"Everyone says so ... hahahaha." Cold sweat start to poured in Chanyeol’s neck ...

"Oh." Kris start to thinking.

Mr. Wu suddenly came to break the thought, "Kris! Please take our guests to look around to see our production.”

After following Kris’s touring in the drug’s factory, Chanyeol came back with a small pocket of narcotic in his hand.

Chanyeol and Xiumin arrived at their apartment and go inside. *It went way better than what i expected to be.* Chanyeol rested his head in the couch and let out a long sighed.

That long sighed drew Luhan’s attention. “Tough day?”

“I am tougher.” Chanyeol smirked.

Luhan was about to head into his room when Chanyeol called his name. “Can we talked?” Chanyeol asked.

Luhan’s eyes grew curious, “About what?”

Luhan start to listening how Chanyeol tells about how he managed to find out the drug’s factory and how he was able to have a little trip to the place. Luhan’s eyes grew fiery with anger by the end of story. “WHAT THE HELL IS ON YOUR MIND PARK CHAN YEOL?!”

Chanyeol winced at the volume.

“HOW COULD YOU GO THERE?! AND BY YOURSELF?! ARE YOU IN OUT OF YOUR MIND?!” Luhan stood up and start to shooting finger at Chanyeol.

“Well....*Technically i’m not alone* I thought that i should get some evidence first before i let you know the detail.” Chanyeol shifted uneasily at the spot.

“THAT’S NOT THE POINT! YOU COULD BE IN DANGER!” Luhan slumped back in his seat. “You were shot before-“ He raked his fingers to his blonde hair. “-and my heart felt like about to stop when i saw you in such a state!”

“I’m sorry hyung.” Chanyeol’s grew wet with guilty and he hug Luhan. “You could be mad at me. You could punish me all you want. But this-“ Chanyeol opened Luhan’s palm and planted a small pocket in it. “-this is worth with every danger i get.”

“I knew somehow this was bound to happen anyway.” Luhan softly smiled.

“What do you mean? Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows.

“You just couldn’t resist my charm as a detective so you just follow my path.” Luhan tapped his own cheeks in a really cute pose.

Chanyeol blinked a few times before... “YAH! Luhan Hyung! That’s disgusting!” He screams and throw a pillow while Luhan make run from it.