'MY' Byun 'BAE'khyun

My Brother Haunts My Lover

Byun Baekhyun has just returned from his campus, Seoul Art University. When he’s about to enter his apartment, he heard someone calling him.

 

"Hey! Baekhyun ..."

 

"Hm?" Baekhyun turn his head to the voice. "Ah, Chanyeol."

 

"I was just in the neighboorhood.” Chanyeol smiled.

 

"D-Do you want to come in?” Baekhyun shyly asked.

 

"NOOO! Gosh Baekhyun! Don’t invite this in!” Xiumin starts to screams eventhough he’s aware that Baekhyun couldn’t listen everything he’s about to saying.

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and mouthed 'Shut up' for the over-reacting Xiumin. He’s been trying to ignore Xiumin lately but the latter keeps bugging him around whenever it’s about Baekhyun.

 

"Please come in Chanyeol. I’ll fix you a cup of coffee." Baekhyun insisted.

 

"Thank you." Chanyeol replied as he took off his shoes and following Baekhyun inside.

 

Chanyeol sitting on the living room and a few moments later Baekhyun come and placed two cups of coffee in table as he had promised earlier.

 

"Sorry ... this is all i can serve ...." Baekhyun smiled bitterly as he watched Chanyeol sipped down the coffee.

 

"This is more than enough. I like it." Chanyeol looked at the small sweet smile that start to form in Baekhyun’s face as he said it and added, “I bet Minseok would be happy if you keep on smiling like that.”

 

Baekhyun shook his head in agony as he said, "I just couldn’t belive that all of this happening. I felt like i don’t have anyone or anything to keeps me alive. I just can’t.... why he leaves me.." He swallowed his sadness and tears start to welling up in his eyes and before it falls Chanyeol already stand in front of him, wiping it gently.

 

Xiumin could only watched the scene from behind. He just couldn’t do anything. He clenched his fist in hope to feel the pain that Baekhyun had. He also feel the jealousy start to building up again as he see Baekhyun start to leaning to Chanyeol’s shoulder, mourning over his death. Park Chanyeol get the chance to live a happy life with his Byun while he becomes nothing but a wandering ghost that only seek for revenge before he could be in peace. He felt like nothing and slowly disappeared from the room.

 

"Don’t say that. I couldn’t bear to see you cry." Chanyeol gently Baekhyun’s hair in a soft manner. “You’re not alone. I will love you as much as Minseok. No.. i will love you even more.”

 

Baekhyun widened his eyes and abruptly stand up, “No. Chanyeol.. What you said.. This is.. All of this just wrong.”

 

"What's wrong with this?" Chanyeol grabs Baekhyun’s hand and without thinking he presses his lips against Baekhyun’s.

 

They kiss.

 

Then Chanyeol breaks the kiss and steps back immediately, his hand on his lips, a choked expression on his face.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry i didn’t mean to do that. I will leave. I’m really sorry.” Chanyeol starts to turn back and walks to the door of the room.

 

Chanyeol grabs the door’s handle but Baekhyun’s quickly pressed his back againts the door, blocking the way out.

 

The two boys are staring each other, not talking, all smiles off.

 

Baekhyun has this sudden rush of boldness and bravery that forces him to hold the stare and he said, “You kissed me.” Then, he lowered his gaze and start to speak in a shaky, teary voice, “You kissed me and you don’t like it.”

 

Chanyeol wasn’t expecting that so he reach for Baekhyun’s hands, “I like kissing you. I just can’t force you to kissed me back.” He bitterly smiled while Baekhyun’s hands are still in his. It feels so natural. This touch feels so natural and he can’t help but think of the next step he wants to do. He wants to kiss him. To kiss Baekhyun and comfort him. He wants to be the one that send the last text at the end of the day and the first one in the morning. He wants it so badly to be the on that brings the genuine smile on Baekhyun’s lips when he wakes up, to hold his hand and kiss it and not feel strange about it. He wants to have a reason to be jealous and be able to express it to Baekhyun and have him smile because of the jealous boyfriend he has... Yes, Park Chanyeol wants Byun Baekhyun to be his boyfriend. That’s it.

 

Park Chanyeol dries Byun Baekhyun’s tears one by one. He lets his hand on Baekhyun’s cheek.

 

Suddenly, Baekhyun raises his head and slowly whispered, “Do you want us to be friends, or do you want to be more?”

 

Chanyeol is smiling, “I want us to try. I want you to try.”

 

Baekhyun has stopped crying and took a step back, “Everyone keeps leaving me lately. I’m afraid that i’ll be alone. I don’t want to be left behind.” He looked away.

 

“I promised you. You won’t ever be alone. I want to stay as much as you want me to stay Baek.” Chanyeol breathes hard and giving everything he has to one last question. Every hope, every feeling, everything. “Can we try?”

 

Baekhyun nods and he rushes to Chanyeol’s embrace. Every misery and worries are all swept away now. They feel like in a pure bliss, perfect made for each other.

 

Not long after that, they are sitting on a sofa. Baekhyun’s cheeks are burning. Chanyeol’s as well. They look each other and burst into laughter, an embarassed laughter.

 

“My Bae.” Chanyeol kiss the tip of Baekhyun’s head.

 

Baekhyun felt uneasy and bit his lower lip in a cute manner, “I’m sorry, i really want to kiss you but i feel so shy. I don’t know why i’m like that.” Baekhyun buried his head in his palms and shook his head in disappointment.

 

Chanyeol chuckled and moved closer to enveloped Baekhyun in his arms. “Just close your eyes.”

 

Suddenly, soft lips land on Baekhyun’s and brings a feeling of delight before Chanyeol calmly pulling away. Baekhyun felt the kiss was too small and rushed so he keeps his face leaned forward. His eyes still closed and he breathed slowly as he still search for the soft feeling again.

 

Chanyeol chuckled again before landing another gentle kiss, a little bit longer than the last one. But before Chanyeol can pull back, Baekhyun reach for Chanyeol’s neck and kissed him back.

 

The two boys are in their world, devouring one another, laughing, smiling, kissing, breathing, staring, kissing, smiling, breathing, kissing, laughing, kissing and staring again and smiling and kissing and kissing again. And again. And again.

 

After they got tired, Chanyeol put a blanket over their legs, as they are cuddling and hugging while chit chatting about everything in their life. It is a magical moment.

 

“It still feels weird though to think that i have a boyfriend.” Baekhyun wondered.

 

Chanyeol laughed at his partner and stared, “You’ll get use to it pretty fast.”

 

Baekhyun had a smile from ear to ear just before he realized that it was already past midnight, “You should go. Luhan might be worried.” Baekhyun said as they were looking at each other.

 

"Ah, i’m so unwanted here.” Chanyeol pretend to be hurt by Baekhyun.

Baekhyun laughed and slapped Chanyeol’s arm away playfully. "Yes ... You must go. Now."

 

Chanyeol chuckled as he stood up, “See you later ... ‘Bae’ ..." Chanyeol said and ruffled Baekhyun’s hair.

 

Baekhyun’s touched by his lover’s action. He stands up and bade him a proper goodbye before closing the door.

 

Baekhyun watched as Chanyeol get on his car parked at the corner of the street and drove off from the window. He slowly closed the curtain and pressed down his chest. He felt his heart beat extremely fast and heat slowly crept to his neck as he keep thinking about Chanyeol. He’s smiling at his ceiling. This is crazy. How can someone be as happy and dumb as he is right now? He never thought his ceiling and the entire world could be so pretty and perfect.

“I’m not turning into a girl, am i?”