Safe - or so it seems

My Brother Haunts My Lover

Kris stopped at a dark forest. He yanked Baekhyun off the car and dragged him up the mountain. Chanyeol got off his motorcycle and went after Baekhyun, “KRIS, YOU BETTER RELEASE HIM!”

Kris ignore Chanyeol and pulled Baekhyun up to the cliff. He spun around, “I’ll push your Baekhyun off the cliff if you come any closer!”

Chanyeol froze. “Let Baekhyun go.”

“As you wish.” Kris whispered and held Baekhyun out.

Surprised, Chanyeol reached for Baekhyun. But at the last second, Kris pushed Baekhyun off the edge. Baekhyun screamed as he fell.

“NO!” Chanyeol yelled. “YOU ING BASTARD!” Chanyeol tackled Kris to the ground. They fought hard but Kris was no match for a raging Chanyeol. He saw red and wasn’t going to stop until Kris suffered,  too. Kris was now on the ground with a bleeding face and fractured arm. Chanyeol kicked him and he rolled over with a groan. Chanyeol grabbed him by the collar and yanked him up, “You er. HE’S MY LIFE!” Chanyeol punched him in the face and grabbed a heavy stone. He raised it to Kris’s head, “GO. TO. HELL.” Just as he start lowering it,  he heard Baekhyun’s voice, “Help...”

Chanyeol froze with wide eyes, “Baekhyun?” He ran over to the cliff and his eyes widened, “Baekhyun!”

Baekhyun was biting his lip and struggling to hold onto the edge. Chanyeol immediately pulled Baekhyun up. Baekhyun was safely in his arms once again and exhaled in relief.

Unfortunately, behind them Kris slowly get up. He whipped out a gun from his back and shot it to Baekhyun.

‘BAEKHYUN! NO!’ Xiumin screamed.

Chanyeol could hear Xiumin screaming Baekhyun’s name and he shielded Baekhyun with his body so he was the one to feel the bullet pierced through. Chanyeol went down in pain.

Baekhyun fled towards him, “CHANYEOL!” His sobs clogged his throat, and he looked at Chanyeol’s bloody body in horror. It seemed as if a bullet had planted itself into the side of his stomach where his liver was. Blood seeped through his black jacket and colored it into an angry, dark red. Baekhyun placed his hand gently on Chanyeol’s abdomen, as if he was afraid he would hurt Chanyeol.

Kris saw Baekhyun hovered over Chanyeol. *He’s not dead yet?* He furrowed his eyebrows in distaste and raised his gun to Baekhyun’s head, “You should have known better than to mess with me. Now i’ll let you feel the same thing i’ve done to your brother and your lover.” His finger squeezed the trigger.

BOOM!

All was still. Baekhyun and Chanyeol stared at each other without any pain engulfing them.

Dumbfounded, Kris looked downwards at the gaping wound in his chest. He slowly rolled his eyes upwards towards the man who had shot him.

Standing there with his newly fired gun was none other than Luhan. He shot and Kris went down forever. Everyone was glad.

Luhan came forward to Baekhyun and Chanyeol, “Are you two all right?”

Chanyeol weakly grinned at his brother and forced himself to sat up, “Good job, bro.” Then he looked towards Xiumin.

A blood tear slipped down Xiumin’s face as he saw that everyone’s save. He looked towards Kris’s dead body and gave him one last resentful look. He saw Kris’s spirit start to came out of the body and he slowly approached him. ‘Finally! I’ve been waiting to payback everything you did to us.’ Xiumin evilly smirked before throwing the first punch. ‘This is for killing me.’ Kris who still can’t believe that he’s dead now was shocked to see Xiumin threw a punch to his face.

‘This is for hurting my brother!’ Xiumin still lunged for Kris. ‘And last but not least. This if for shooting my brother in law. Twice!’ Xiumin grabbed him and ruthlessly flung Kris into a red light that is ready to take him to hell.

Xiumin dusted his hands off and together with Chanyeol amusedly watched Kris been dragged into hell by the grim reaper. Kris’s now gone for good and the grim reaper switched his gaze to Xiumin, ready to take the bun to the death realm as well.

Chanyeol turned to Baekhyun and eyed him with his gentle eyes, “I have something to tell you.” He whispered. “Xiumin hyung.... is here with us all this time.”

Baekhyun froze and his eyes widened. *So i wasn’t just imagining things earlier.*

“He’s been secretly protected you from any harm. Just like what he did tonight.” Chanyeol confessed. “He missed you.” Chanyeol gazed into Baekhyun’s eyes with a weak, serene smile.

Baekhyun felt the tears cloud his vision again. He grasped onto Chanyeol’s wrists while crying, “If Xiumin hyung could hear me now. I just wanted to say that i’m really sorry hyung. I’m sorry if i distress you so much. I’m sorry for being a disappointment to you. Please forgive me.” He plead.

Xiumin flew right next to Baekhyun, ‘Oh Baekhyun. My sweet, sweet Baekhyun.’ He rasped. ‘You’ve anything but a disappointment to me. I would never want you to apologize. If i knew my time was this short... i wouldn’t have hesitated to tell my true feeling to you everyday. I wouldn’t let anyone to love you but me. I’m sorry, i love you Baekhyun-ah.’ Xiumin wiped a single tear that was about to fall from Baekhyun’s eye and Baekhyun could feel Xiumin’s feeling embraced him.

Xiumin smiled and slowly walked towards a white light behind the grim reaper. Just before he’s going to enter it, he glanced back at Chanyeol and smiled....*Both of you..... be happy.*

“See you later, Kim Min Seok...”  Chanyeol whispered to the breeze and .....*Brugh.* He passed out.

---

Chanyeol opened his eyes to see Baekhyun’s sad face. He moved his hand and reach for  Baekhyun’s face to wiped  the tears.

“Hei!  Don’t be cry...” Chanyeol searched Baekhyun’s uneasy eyes.

Baekhyun shook his head and whispered, “You’ve unconscious for 2 weeks. I thought i lost you.”

“What the-“ Chanyeol blinked.

“We thought you’re going to bleed out to death. Luhan said that i have to stay with you all the time,  but still  you didn’t wake  up  till now.” Baekhyun looked at him with apprehensive eyes.

“Mianhae...” Chanyeol wiped the tears in Baekhyun’s eyes that was started to form. “Jeongmal mianhae.” Chanyeol try to sit and softly planted a kiss. After awhile, he broke the kiss.

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol with a red face. “I’m gonna get you some water.” He left.

Suddenly, Chanyeol felt a strange coldness swept through his body. “I don’t have a good feeling about this.”

‘Hello, Park Chan Yeol.’

“What-“ Chanyeol looked up to the ceiling to see Xiumin horrorly smirked at him with his head turned upside down.

‘Hei Chanyeol...  i asked the grim reaper to give me an extended time here so i can make  sure that my brother will live with a good person,  which certainly are NOT YOU!” Xiumin smirked playfully then fly around the room with a mocking laughter.

“It’s just a dream.... i’m still in coma... no ..no..” Chanyeol shut his eyes and yelped in shock, “NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!”

The End